Start by marking “Oblivion (Nevermore, #3)” as Want to Read:
Oblivion (Nevermore, #3)

Oblivion (Nevermore #3)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  2,366 Ratings  ·  418 Reviews
This electrifying conclusion to the Nevermore trilogy takes one last trip to the dream world of Edgar Allan Poe to reveal the intertwined fates of Isobel and Varen.

The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins? —Edgar Allan Poe

The fine line between life and death blurred long ago for
Published July 28th 2015 by Atheneum Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Oblivion, please sign up.

Renn Renteria IIIII KNOWWWW HOOOW YOU FEEELLL OHHHH THE AGONY IT HURTSSSSSSSS *insert desperate face*
Katie It looks like Oblivion is now available for pre-order on Amazon, with a July 28, 2015 release date listed.

Megan
Title!!!!
supernatural gif photo: Deanheelclick-2.gif
Still a 2014 release?

Sep 10, 2013
Cover!!!

October 7, 2013
Release date!

Released on August 26, 2014? What?!

December 5, 2013
Cover is in color!

UPDATE July 2, 2014:
July, 2015 release date?!
Jillian -always aspiring-
Dec 06, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
It's the end of an era. A series I read within five years, the Nevermore trilogy wound to an end, and I couldn't be more content with the ending. It was certainly worth the wait.
Kenzie
July. 2015.

Wow. I REALLY like that cover! And hey it looks really freaking good in color dang! Izzy's back in pink!

and now... August 26, 2014. Not the beginning, or even the middle of summer, but the very end of summer!

Pretty sure that's over two years since Enshadowed. aaawww maaann

Well, according to Kelly Creagh on Twitter, this isn't coming out until SUMMER 2014

FFFFFUUUUUUUU

Expected publication: 2013

I can only hope that it stays that way.

Lucy Qhuay

Absolutely amazing!

Kelly Creagh and this trilogy were a huge breath of clean, fresh air and I'm so happy that I decided to pick up Nevermore, one fine day, I don't even know how many years ago.

I truly loved everything about this world - the writing, the dark gothic atmosphere, the plot and the characters.

I really admire the research that is clearly behind these books. Creagh was so far into Poe's work and, dare I say, psyche, that it almost seems she became one with him.

The descriptions of the
Liz

After the confrontation with Varen in Enshadowed the lines between reality and dream have blurred for Isobel. Even if she wanted to give up on Varen it seems not possible anymore. Dreams bleed into the canvas of her real world and she knows that she is running out of time. Either Varen's madness devours it all or she finds a way to stop him. To stop Lilith who is playing them all like chess pieces against each other.
And now that she has lost the trust of her family and of her former friends Is
Kiwi
Aug 30, 2012 marked it as to-read
Varen better freaking fight for Isobel this time. SERIOUSLY. I don't care that he was 'influenced' or 'not himself'; the dude pushed her off a effing cliff.
Not to mention she went through hell TWICE to save his sorry ass...
Edit: I know they say don't judge a book by it's cover, but... DAMN! Just look at it! It looks freaking amazing! *o*
Rashika (is tired)
***This review has also been posted on The Social Potato

It’s hard to believe I waited almost 3 years for this book. The time seems to have stretched out forever but diving back into this series wasn’t hard for me (possibly because I continued to obsess over it for the past 3 years.) As soon as I opened the first page of the book, it felt like coming home; and how could it not when there are so many things to appreciate about this series.

As one can imagine, when one waits for a book for 3 years,
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤

I can't even.

Epic. Beautiful. Heart-wrenching. Perfection. This series is just so addicting...I don't think I'll ever forget it. And this final books was everything the first book was and more. Everything I could ask for. Peril. Devastation. Heart-stopping romance.

I could go on and on...but I've been ranting about it all week already..and I could rant until next Sunday. I cannot wait to add quotes when I get home. I'm so obsessed. Just UGH.

I can't.

For more of my reviews, please visit:

Mizuki

“I love you." Isobel said. Because even if the words could not stop what was coming, they were still her first and sole defense.

"I know," Varen surprised her by saying as he turned away. "That's why you're gone.”

Edited@18/07/2016:

One question I must ask myself when reading Oblivion, the finale of the Nevermore trilogy: Why am I feeling so damn happy when the girl is (view spoiler)

Once in a while, you found a f
Monika
Sep 07, 2012 rated it liked it
EDIT 07/09/2012:

Oh. Oh. Oh.

description

Varen. How could you? How?
*bangs head on the wall*

description

Even though you are (view spoiler) , I still have hope that you will be with Isobel at the end.
Please, please let this happen!!! It will make me very sad if Varen doesnt end up with Isobel. :(
Rebecca ♥ Ash, Kishan, Warner ♥
Ferdy
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
Spoilers

Didn't like it. Isobel whinged and whined non-stop and was all about saving Varen (the boy she dated for all of 5 minutes) from Lilith/the dreamworld, she didn't give a damn about her friends, family, or school. All that mattered was Varen, it was pathetic. Meanwhile Varen spent all his time either brooding or snarling or threatening to kill Isobel. Which somehow lead to Isobel begging Varen for forgiveness despite him trying to kill her and causing her all kinds of chaos and pain. She r
Ariana
Read, 2015.
Rating 3.5

Still love the cover best, but the book was kind of meh. The dream world was great, same for the writing - as usual, but somehow the story felt a bit repetitive. It didn't help that I couldn't connect with the characters anymore. Maybe it's been too long between books, I kinda lost interest *sigh*

----

Update Sept 2013:
Look what I found hidden in my Enshadowed paperback today :D

PS: In this image the cover is black&white ONLY because it's a preview from the book.
As you c
hayden
Dec 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
"'But . . . ,' Isobel murmured, her voice quavering, suddenly weak, 'you wouldn't. I know you wouldn't. I know you.'
'For your sake, my dear Isobel, I very much hope you do. Because we certainly no longer recognize ourselves.'"*

Kelly Creagh's Nevermore is one of my favorite books of all time, and with Oblivion, the finale of the beloved trilogy, I am reminded why. Filled to the brim with constant pulse-pounding action, there is not a dull moment as we race to Isobel's and Varen's conclusion.

As a
Katie
I feel like I've waited an eternity for this book. I read Nevermore shortly after its publication, and I suffered through the push back of Enshadowed's publication. Then, I was crazy disappointed when Oblivion's publication date was pushed back not once but two times. The horror! All that to say, this conclusion has been a long time coming, and I'm thankful to report that it was worth the wait!

I was a little disappointed with Enshadowed in that it was nothing like what I was expecting. There was
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Jan 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
I truly have enjoyed this trilogy from the very start. It's dark Edgar Allen Poe feel was hard to resist and with each new installment, the writing grew darker, more serious, and even more beautiful.

So it was with slight trepidation that I went into this last book. Wanting to know how it would all end, keeping my fingers crossed for the best and hoping the author would stick true to the tone of the rest of the books.

And she did. Once again Creagh painted a beautifully dark world. One where Isob
Rayne

Nevermore was the first book I ever pre-ordered. That's enough to make me incredibly nostalgic about the ending of this series, but the truth is that, in spite of my constant frustrations with these books, I do love them dearly. My 3-star rating for each and every single installment in this trilogy is quite deceptive, because while I felt compelled to award them that rating based on the quality of the content, the truth is that these books burrowed their way into the core of my being. F
Kisses A
Jul 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Well the main reason I finished the series was because I enjoyed book 1.I grew attached to the characters and storyline. The cover for this book is the best in the 3.I like the epilogue but I think it was way too similar to book 2 which I enjoyed even less.It took so long for Varen to finally be good!!! Aghhhhhh! And the thing is that he was bad throughout the prequel. Hmp.There was also too much dream world. I wanted reality like book 1.Anyway Isobel is a bit stupid for putting her life in dang ...more
Starr
Sep 24, 2012 added it

edit 8/10/14: Really? No, REALLY??! We're at July 2015 now? I get the fact that she wants to write a good book, but damn. This better be one heck of an end to this story for us to have to -keep- waiting yet again. Honestly, I almost feel like giving up on this series just because it's been so long... *headdesk*

edit 8/14/13: I knew the 2013 expectation was too good to be true.
Summer 2014. Really?
So many bitter tears rn ;A;

All I can say is please just let that "2013" publication stand... I don't
Stephanie (Bookfever. ♥)
Oblivion was a lot to take in. A lot! The stakes are definitely the highest they'd ever been and lives could be lost forever. But damn, I loved it all. The action, the darkness, the romance, everything!

I don't want to give too much away, which is kind of hard... so I can't say too much about the story accept that I love Isobel. As far as YA heroines go, she's the shit. She used to be a cheerleader, which seems like ages ago. But she changed a lot since she fell for Varen, lost Varen and she stil
Rebekah
Feb 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-addiction, 2015, clean
Original Review found at: www.awesomebooknut.com

I have been waiting for this book for YEARS!!! I read the first book Nevermore when it first came out!!!!!! Nevermore is STILL on my most favorites list. The second book Enshadowed was a bit of a disappointment as I felt that the whole book was about rehashing what happened in the first book. It was only the ENDING that made it worth reading and it killed me when I read that ending. AAAH that ending….

Book three the FINAL book in this trilogy is fin
Heather *live on coffee and flowers*
"Tell me truly, girl. Do you not ever tire of running?" he asked. "Do you never grow faint from the sickness, the pitiless pain—the fever that is living? From the horrible, horrible, throbbing of of your own aching heart?"

"No," she said at last, "at least, not nearly as tired as I get from listening to you."

Erm, well, this was okay, I guess. It was a bit overwritten and tended to be nonsensical in a way that reminded me of Alice in Wonderland-type stories and why I don't like them.

There wasn't
Stacee
Sep 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was phenomenal. This entire series has been a bit of a slow burn, but all of the build up in the previous books was well worth it.

I've loved Isobel from the beginning. She's grown as a person, but her loyalty and love for Varen has never ever wavered. And I absolutely love that the girl MC was the stronger one and saved the boy instead of the other way around.

I won't go into details because I don't want to ruin anything, but I will say this book had everything. There were laughs and swoon
Abby
Jan 17, 2013 marked it as to-read
OMG come out sooner please dear Lordy above.... 2014???!!!!!! UGH DANGGIT KELLY THIS HAD BETTER BE THE BEST BOOK I HAVE EVER READ. i think... That isobel will give up on Varen and be put in a mental institution, and while she is there Varen will visit her in the mirrors and reach out to he and everything and she will think she is actually slowly creeping closer to insanity and Varen will be like OMG no i luv u and try to escape from his dreamworld and end up killing Lilith forever and the dreamw ...more
Marie
Nov 28, 2010 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2015-releases
Update July 2014:

July?! 2015?!?!?!?!?

COVER!

description

I have waited so long for this book. The first book came out in, like, 2010, and the second one in 2012,and now I he to wait until 2014 for this one??

description

But now there's a cover and a title, so that is a step! They can't postpone the date much longer, or readers will revolt.

description

Or at least I will. So it better not get pushed back any farther.

Publisher, you have been warned.

Meli
Jan 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
WOW...just ..WOW.. This book did not disappoint me, it was everything I expected it to be and now that Ive finished this series I can say I just truly miss Varen and Isobel. They're both just simply perfect for each other. It still remains my favorite book series since the day I stumbled upon it here on Goodreads, it was the first book I read after some very popular books/turned into movies and I was looking for something different, this was it, and still to this day I can say I'll be re-reading ...more
Katherine Loupe
Sep 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
After waiting for almost 3 YEARS for this book, I won an ARC of the book almost a month before it's even released and I can't explain in words how awesome it was to get my hands on this baby before most people could!

Oblivion brings us back to the dream world of Poe where Isobel tries again to save Varen from Lilith. I was hooked from the start and could not put the book down. I don't want to give any spoilers away since this is not out yet but for the fans that have been waiting for this since
Sep 04, 2012 marked it as to-read
I wish this would just happen now--- I am lost in the dreamworld and utterly depressed--- I need Varen
Your Nevermore playlist. 3 22 Jan 08, 2016 07:04PM
Crazy for Young A...: Oblivion (Nevermore #3) by Kelly Creagh → Start Date: August 4th, 2015 21 144 Aug 12, 2015 04:46AM
The Nevermore series: Okay, who else is FREAKING THE HELL OUT? 117 169 Jul 31, 2015 10:08AM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 8 Mar 18, 2015 11:21AM
Nevermore #3 3 54 Sep 18, 2014 09:54AM
We have a release date! 4 41 Sep 17, 2014 04:11PM
For "shippers" only? 2 81 Jan 03, 2014 05:36PM
  • Counting Tens (Fenestra, #4)
  • Age of the Fifth (Carrier, #3)
  • Inevitable (The Yara Silva Trilogy, #3)
  • The Nevermore Poe Collection
  • Fragile Spirits (Souls, #2)
  • Starling (Secrets of the Eternal Rose, #3)
  • Afterglow (Wildefire, #3)
  • Untitled (Winter Saga, #3)
  • The Seven Year King (The Faerie Ring, #3)
  • Untitled (Annex, #3)
  • Requiem (Books of Faerie, #3)
  • The Stone Demon (The Iron Witch, #3)
  • Elegy (Hereafter #3)
  • Never Marry a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #3)
  • Shadows in the Silence (Angelfire, #3)
  • Blurred (Kissed by Death, #2)
  • Willowgrove (Hemlock, #3)
  • The Impossibility of Tomorrow (Incarnation, #2)

Nevermore (3 books)
  • Nevermore (Nevermore, #1)
  • Enshadowed (Nevermore, #2)
“You were dropped as a child, weren't you?" Varen asked her.
"Maybe once or twice," Gwen said, "but at least I wasn't raised by highly literate vampires who, every night just before bed, fed me a steady diet of dark sarcasm and gothic horror fiction."
"Every morning before bed," Varen corrected. Stepping forward, he moved toward the headstone. "We slept during the day.”
15 likes