Start by marking “Icecapade” as Want to Read:
Icecapade

Icecapade

(Part of His For The Holidays Anthology)

On the eve of the new millennium, diamond thief Noel Snow seduced FBI special agent Robert Cuffe, then fled into the dawn. Now a successful novelist, Noel uses his capers as fodder for his books, and has modeled his hero's nemesis (and potential love interest) on Cuffe. Though he leaves Robert a drunken phone message every New Year's
Published December 6th 2010 by Carina Press (first published November 16th 2010)

Start your review of Icecapade
Nancy
Posted at Shelf Inflicted and at Outlaw Reviews

I have a weakness for stories about lovers on opposite sides of the law. Noel Snow is a reformed diamond thief, now horse breeder and popular novelist who bases his main character on FBI agent Robert Cuffe, a man he seduced a decade earlier and abandoned on New Year’s Eve.

Other than the annual drunken phone messages from Noel, the men have not seen or spoken to each other until the surprise visit from Robert to investigate a rash of jewel thefts in
Baba
Mar 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

photo Bildschirmfoto2013-02-14um180557_zpsdf020ec9.png

After a few seconds he became aware of Robert's lips moving almost soundlessly against his ear. "If you think the earth moved just now, imagine what'll happen when I f@ck you."

Noel Snow is a retired cat burglar. He made a fortune by robbing filthy rich people. Noel was forced to retire, however, after (view spoiler)
Ami
Dec 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Ten years ago, diamond thief Noel Snow had a wonderful one night with FBI special agent Robert Cuffe, after months of playing cat and mouse. Noel decided to leave in the morning though. After a bad fall that fractured his skull and permanently damaged his inner ear, Noel cannot do heights anymore. Though he already plans to quit his ill-gotten glory days, the fall firmly secure his resignation from the burglary job.

Noel then starts writing a very successful series, whose characters
Nick Pageant
May 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Diamond thief Noel spends the night with the FBI agent whose been hot on his tail for years. (See what I did there?) After their night together, Noel sneaks out of their shared hotel room and makes his getaway.
Noel goes straight (as in stops being a cat burglar) and becomes a writer. The FBI agent, Robert, shows up at Noel's horse farm just in time for Christmas to question him about a new string of jewel heists.

This is one of Josh Lanyon's short, sweet little romances. There's no mystery, just
Martin
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
Wow, this was a well-rounded and fascinating Christmas novella by the one and only Josh Lanyon.

Noel is breeding horses for a living. At least when he isn’t writing mystery novels that are becoming more and more popular. The funny thing is, the novels are based on his own past when he used to be a cat burglar / diamond thief, relieving the rich and famous of their sparkling treasures.

Similar to the characters in his book series, Noel too had an arch nemesis he fell for: FBI Special Agent Robert
Ingie
Written June 20, 2014

3 1/2 Stars - a sweet shortie novella that might have been a good story for many more pages

It's Midsummer Eve (summer solstice) here today. Not the warmest one but sunny and always a big festivity holiday in Sweden. To start to read an 63 pages icy Xmas & New Years Eve novella was maybe a bit strange choise. But it is an Josh Lanyon and I got it yesterday (se below about the bargain). I wake up early and just couldn't stop myself.

My odd winter-story choise was
CrabbyPatty
Loved it. I think this was perhaps my first Josh Lanyon book .... and I was later surprised to learn that Josh also wrote books about detectives and murder!
Mar 04, 2013 rated it really liked it

Good GODS! I have missed you, Josh Lanyon.

Lanyon words, characters, and worlds always find a warm corner of my heart to settle in. The man somehow-- so quietly-- sneaks right in and steals my smiles, laughs, and heart. His scenes and locations always feel so real and alive to me. The way he can ground a story in a place with smells, textures, colors, and more never fails to blow me away! I loved every word of this little Christmas gem.

”Noel reached out and they linked hands, laced fingers. Noel
LenaRibka
DNF at 50%

Don't feel it, don't like it.
It's this kind of book you can't remember what it was about a few days after you finished it. I have already forgot the first half of the book while writing these sentences.

Though I can imagine, with the right narrator it could be not bad as an audio book. If I'll give it one more chance, then as an audio version.
Dina
Feb 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2 stars (rounded up to 5 stars because I loved Noel)

I rarely give short stories 5 stars because I always feel there's something missing in them, but this one... Wow, I loved it!

FBI Special Agent Robert Cuffe and diamond thief Noel Snow have been playing cat and mouse for two years with Noel coming out the winner every time, but Robert finally catches the elusive cat burglar - or so he thinks. It's the eve of the new millennium, and their cat and mouse game reaches a new level when they end
Deeze
This was a wonderful little romance story.

Again Josh Lanyon brought me characters I fell in love with.

For a spot on review read Ami She says it all perfectly.

ETA Happy Sigh
Denise H.
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
- - This captivating tale is about two very different men, one on the right side of the law and one who used to be on the wrong side. - - Slender Noel was a thief of expensive art and jewelry, and has worked hard to turn his life around and is legit now, as an author and horse breeder. Big, rough, Special Agent Robert is an investigator who has turned up on Noel's doorstep to question him. Years ago they had a good one night stand that rocked both their socks off and Robert severed contact. Now, ...more
Bibliophile
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
4.25 stars. I saw this book pop up on my feed and someone got it into my head that this was a new release. It's not, but it's definitely new for me. :)

There are not many authors that can pack a lot of history and story into a short work, but Lanyon can. This short story was a fun and saucy read. As always, I wish this author's shorts stories were turned into full-length novels--but only because I always feel bereft when the story ends.

If you like Lanyon's style, you'll like this book.
Vanessa North
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I quite liked this one. Sweeter and more tender than I expected, with some really lush prose.
Trio
Sep 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really sweet. I love how it only takes a few pages for JL to make me so invested in the characters. Great book for a Lanyon fix ;)
Meags
3.5 Stars

Noel Snow was once a skilled diamond thief, playing a game of cat and mouse with FBI agent Robert Cuffe. After an explosive night together, Noel sneaks out of his hotel room, leaving a sleeping and unsuspecting Robert behind, and slips away into the night with another stolen diamond.

A few years later, Noel goes straight and begins living a simple life, raising horses and writing successful crime stories (featuring a cat burglar and his FBI nemesis). Every New Year's Eve he calls Robert
Xing
Dec 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Rating: 3.5 stars

Not much drama...okay, maybe a little. Some history between an ex-cat burglar and FBI agent. A llama, a psychic neighbor, and Christmas! So yeah, pick this up if you're looking for a quick goodie.
Jennifer☠Pher☠
May 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Yup, loved this one too.
Melissa
Yep, this was a sweet short story. Laynon does not disappoint with this one. I smiled, winced and had a few heart twisting moments. There are no "I love you's" on page, but they are implied. :)

If you are looking for a GOOD short read, this is it. And there is a baby llama!! Aww.
Trisha Harrington
This is another Josh Lanyon that everyone loved but I didn't. At this stage I'm used to being the odd one out when it comes to the author. Some of his stories I have loved, and I will admit he is a very talented author. Maybe it's just me? But for some reason I don't have the same love for his books as the majority of people on Goodreads.

There were a couple of things I liked. The couple didn't make me feel a whole lot, but they were nice together... eventually. The whole thing with Noel's...
Tina
Mar 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Tina by: Tharayn
Shelves: short-stories

Another little gem masterful written by Josh Lanyon. It's a gorgeous short story about an ex-cat burglar and a FBI agent. The interactions between the characters are cute and tender. I love the pace of the story, it's sweet, funny and enjoyable. Perfect for a comfort read.
Sofia
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it

Exactly what I needed, a good little short to continue with a smile on my face.
Amy Spector
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The blurb on this one is a bit misleading, but DAYM do I love this Christmas short.

I originally read Icecapade as part of the His For The Holidays anthology last December, and remembered really liking it.

Noel Snow Noel Snow Noel Snow Noel Snow

And if Noel, former cat burglar, isn't enough. There are also llamas.

Rosa
Dec 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Fun and cute. This one worked quite well for me, I'm not sure why because I'm sure I would have been rolling my eyes if this book was by another author. But it worked and I enjoyed it. It's a lovely Christmas story.
MsMiz (Tina)
May 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pdf, glbt-all
This is a first for me. I read this last year and forgot I had. So I picked it up again and remember how much I loved it the first time. This is quintessential Josh and a perfectly well rounded exciting Christmas story. It has cat burglary, FBI, a fabulous author and house in the country that all come together wonderfully. Definitely a great read. As for the first for me, have you EVER seen me give something 5 stars that is under 100 pages? Nope never. I must be in a really good holiday spirit. ...more
Argona
I recommend this book if you are already a Josh Lanyon fan and familiar with his works, looking for a light short story to read. I enjoyed reading this. It has enough material for a much longer novel. Seriously, a cat burglar falling for the FBI agent who's after him? That's simply awesome and super cute! In general, a nice fun little story written by Lanyon. Thumbs up from me!
Mandy*reads obsessively*
This story just goes to show that sometimes a short story doesn't have to feel short!
Although the story is told in about a 24h timeframe it is really a 10 yr love story in the making!
I really liked it!
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
I loved this story. It was tight in terms of the pace, the setting, dialogue and path on which it was told. Loved it. It’s very creative in the random details included and they totally worked. Which, of course, means they aren’t random at all. I really wasn’t sure where this one would end up – except that it is included in anthology about love during the holidays. ;)

Noel and Robert also deserve their own full length book. There is so much to mine and we would all be blinded by the million little
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
Dec 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This story is about two men who stood on opposite sides of the law for a long time and they finally face each other after their past first encounter. For the ex cat-burglar Noel everything has changed, his business is now legitimate, but Special Agent's Robert Cuffe is like a big void he's never been able to fill despite his successful new career. Now that Robert is at his doorstep, they have to find a way to reconcile their backgrounds and act on their undeniable attraction.

This story revolves
Kati
Jan 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I would recommend the story to anyone who likes the TV show White Collar. Yes, in "Icecapade", a cat burglar falls for the FBI agent who's after him. Immensely likable characters, hot sex and the right dash of hurt/comfort that just pets the heart, this is Lanyon at his best.

You can either buy the story as it is or in the anthology "His For The Holidays".
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Mistletoe at Midnight
  • Hoarfrost (Whyborne & Griffin, #6)
  • The Christmas Deal
  • Love Around the Corner (New Milton #1.5)
  • Bloodline (Whyborne & Griffin, #5)
  • Mr. Naughty List (Home for the Holidays, #2)
  • Maelstrom (Whyborne & Griffin, #7)
  • Fallow (Whyborne & Griffin, #8)
  • Necropolis (Whyborne & Griffin, #4)
  • Remnant: A Caldwell & Feximal/Whyborne & Griffin Mystery (The Secret Casebook of Simon Feximal, #3; Whyborne & Griffin, #3.5)
  • His for the Holidays
  • My True Love Gave to Me (Brook Street, #0.5)
  • Deosil (Whyborne & Griffin #11)
  • Stormhaven (Whyborne & Griffin, #3)
  • Bargaining with the Devil (Death and the Devil, #1.4)
  • Enlightened (Enlightenment, #3)
  • Triangulation (Borealis Investigations, #2)
  • Threshold (Whyborne & Griffin, #2)
Josh Lanyon is the author of over sixty titles of classic Male/Male fiction featuring twisty mystery, kickass adventure and unapologetic man-on-man romance.

Her work has been translated into eleven languages. The FBI thriller Fair Game was the first male/male title to be published by Harlequin Mondadori, the largest romance publisher in Italy. Stranger on the Shore (Harper Collins Italia) was the
“He was glad to have it that way. He didn't need Robert's power under him and harnessed, he wanted it inside, filling him, warming him, ending the winter that had haunted him for so long.” 0 likes