Start by marking “Camel in Action” as Want to Read:
Camel in Action

Camel in Action

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  116 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Apache Camel is a Java framework that lets you implement the standard enterprise integration patterns in a few lines of code. With a concise but sophisticated DSL you snap integration logic into your app, Lego-style, using Java, XML, or Scala. Camel supports over 80 common transports such as HTTP, REST, JMS, and Web Services.

Camel in Action is a Camel tutorial full of smal
Published January 4th 2011 by Manning Publications (first published November 28th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Camel in Action, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Camel in Action

Sebastian Gebski
May 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One stop shop for Camel developers. Deep, comprehensive, full of details & examples to make sure these are clear and understandable. I didn't have any prior Camel experience and obviously this book didn't make me an expert in the matter, but the starting boost was very solid indeed.

Any cons then?
As I know how to be a pain in the @ass, I got some :)

* I'd like read a bit more about Scala DSL - right now I just know that it exists and I've seen one or two very simple examples, but I'd like lear
Miloš Milivojević
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: professional
A splendid introduction to Camel, this book covered everything I wanted to know about it (at the entry level at least). Of course, given the sheer number of technologies that Camel integrates with, it would be impossible to cover all of them at length but the author has done a great job introducing the general idea behind each of them.

To sum it all up - if you're new to Camel, this is book is a perfect starting point.
Eric
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I found the book got me up and running quicker than the online material.
Understanding the message model and the exchange was key for me. I found the examples throughout to be clear and illustrative.
The chapter on testing was a highlight.
Fantastic library. I hope it keeps getting better for years to come.
António
Jan 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Way better than the official documentation, while it will not cover everything related to Apache Camel, it will give its reader a serious head start when trying to use it not only for base scenarios as well as more advanced situations. It's simple to understand and thorough in the knowledge it provides.
Ivan
Jul 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great read for people just starting with Camel as well as people done some stuff with it already. I was excited by interesting EIP cases suggested, which made my head work :) Also it highlighted areas I never covered - have a todo list to work on.
Alex Ott
Nov 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Very good introduction into Apache Camel. Starting from basics of Camel, it goes through different examples, showing how to build different systems using it. There is also description of maintenance, deployment, extension, etc.
Dmitriy
May 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: computer-science
Haven't read the whole book, only those chapters I was interested in. The book does a great job in helping to get started with Camel providing nice introduction into the topic and interesting examples.
Borys
Oct 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: programming
A very good Camel introduction. Would not recommend to those who have experience with this framework. Learning curve in the book is lean, and most things are necessary but not so hard to figure out by yourself (when reading through Apache Camel site docs, for instance). For me it was just right : )
Vincent Stoessel
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great nuts and bolts technical explanation of Apache Camel with lots of examples. Camel is a great tool for Java integrators and this book made camel easier to understand.
Amit Nimbhorkar
May 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Apache camel is indeed a very interesting subject and Claus has explained the concepts in the best possible way. I would recommend this book to anybody who wants to learn Apache Camel.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Spring in Action
  • Groovy in Action
  • Lucene in Action
  • Java Generics and Collections
  • Scala in Depth
  • Functional Programming for Java Developers: Tools for Better Concurrency, Abstraction, and Agility
  • Mahout in Action
  • Enterprise Integration Patterns: Designing, Building, and Deploying Messaging Solutions
  • JUnit in Action
  • Hadoop: The Definitive Guide
  • Java Performance: The Definitive Guide
  • Programming in Scala

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »