Start by marking “I love shopping in bianco” as Want to Read:
I love shopping in bianco

I love shopping in bianco (Shopaholic #3)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  97,075 Ratings  ·  2,452 Reviews
Paperback
Published January 1st 2008 by Mondadori (I miti) (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about I love shopping in bianco, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I love shopping in bianco

Lola  Reviewer
Only Becky Bloomwood could get herself in this much trouble. But the best part is always seeing her struggle to get out of it! Never change, Becky.
Zoë
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Sophie Kinsella's writing style so much! Her books are like candy and I can't get enough! I love how Rebecca isn't a totally likable character; she has her flaws but she always learns from her mistakes in the end and becomes stronger. I was obsessed with the first half of the book as I'm totally invested in Luke and Becky's relationship, but the wedding drama kind of dragged on a bit too long for me. Still really liked this book, though, and I will be reading the fourth very soon!
Rena
Dec 05, 2007 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I love Kinsella's books, and I loove Becky, but this one was my least favorite. The way she had to drag on the wedding decision totally wore out my patience. What sucked was that THAT was basically the main part of the story. At some point, I was so irritated at her that I wasn't really concentrating on what I was reading because I wanted to hurry up and get to the conclusion. And it's too silly how Luke was so unaware of the chaotic wedding planning, don't you think? Almost pretentious. I mean, ...more
I know a 2-star rating is typically an automatic: "she didn't like it", but I am using the formal goodreads definition for the rating here. It was OK. To be honest, I am playing catch-up on this series now that my library has finally added the audiobooks, and reading about Becky's epic avoidance-laden screw ups back-to-back was not the brightest idea. The cute is quickly turning to annoying, so I'll wait a few weeks before continuing to the next installment.

Overall, it's a great series, but I w
Erin
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If it were possible I would give Shopaholic Ties the Knot and extra star, because this is my favorite book in the series. I'm not sure why, maybe it's all the descriptions of wedding cake. I don't know. I just enjoy this book the most. I especially enjoyed it this time because it temporarily stopped my reading slump.

In Shopaholic Ties the Knot, Becky deals with a problem we have all had to deal with, two weddings on the same day in different countries.

We've all been there!

Somehow Becky is goi
Michelegg
Well, I'm definitely glad Becky is off on her round the world honeymoon. I was so stressed by the time this book was over, I thought it would never end! Not as funny as the first two, there was just too much tension. I can't say I enjoyed this one a whole lot.
Vicki
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, chick-lit
This third book in the series was just as funny and in some ways more hilarious than the first book. This book has Becky and Luke moving forward in their relationship. The problems begin when Becky can't say no, to totally different plans for the same event.

The cast of characters is fun and full bodied. They have their own personalities which fill this book with a lot of conflict and humor.

Well written and fun, I was glad I read this book.
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
Dec 12, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, 2010
I'm continuously surprised at how much I enjoy these books. For one, they're chick-lit, which I don't read much of and generally find insipid and insulting. They're about a woman who is obsessed with shopping, something we really don't have in common. Whenever she buys something (which is often, and usually something she really doesn't need), I cringe. Her debts make me anxious. Her silly lies and cover-ups give me acid burn. The situations she gets herself into, the many times she lets people s ...more
Ann
Oct 02, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
One of the best chick-lit series I've read! Becky Bloomwood is a delight and adorable! She has her issues, of course, but somehow you can't help loving her! Part of what makes these books so funny and cute is the ability Becky has to justify every purchase she makes. And her shopaholic problems aside, she's a sweet, kind and big-hearted person.

My sister and I were actually able to go to an author talk with Sophie Kinsella, and she's just as adorable as Becky!

So far there are 5 books in the seri
Daphne Hartman
Aug 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Weer een leuk verhaal over Becky en Luke. Hoewel ik het midden wat langdradig vond, zit het verhaal wel leuk in elkaar. Grappig hoe alles uiteindelijk toch op z'n pootjes terecht komt.

En wat ben ik benieuwd naar deel 4; in dit deel wordt onthuld waar deel 4 over gaat en dit heeft mij erg nieuwsgierig gemaakt!
Myrna
Apr 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Really enjoyed this one. Much better than #1 and #2 in my opinion.
Ashley (mac&chip)
I really wanted to like this book - I was planning my own wedding at the time and thought this would be an easy, relatable read - nope. This book was by far my least favorite in the series. I thought Becky came off too strong and annoying in the Manhattan book, but apparently she had a lot more "character" in her.

In this book, Becky and Luke are planning their wedding. Becky accepts Luke's icy mother's offer to throw them a top-notch New York wedding and has all the glitz and glamour Becky dream
Megs ♥
Oct 13, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, z2013-reads

These books are seriously addicting. I know the main complaint people have about these books is how annoying Bex can be, but I don't mind her. She has her moments where I would like to smack some sense into her, but overall I like her funny, awkward moments.

Bex is basically running around like a chicken with her head cut off throughout this whole book. She has promised both her mother and her mother-in-law that they could plan her wedding, and nobody knows...Not even Luke. Also, both weddings a
Kathryn
I've decided that, since I'm pretty preoccupied with wedding stuff as it is, what could be more fun that going through the adventure with an old friend? Hence, some of my joys and stresses will be meshed with Becky's--and I'm grateful for the companionship! :-)
Attack Salmon
My least favourable Shopoholic book so far.

Becky is stuck having 2 weddings and she have to decide which one she want the most and still manage to make everyone happy.

It is an ok read but the story wasn't as funny as the previous ones and throughout the whole book Becky just keep avoiding confrontation and whining. Very little plot material for this one.

I still can't get the chemistry between Luke and Brandon. They are vastly different. Yeah u can say opposite attract but I still can't see how
Noella
Oct 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Becky Bloomwood is about to get married! Only there is one BIG dilemma. Where is she going to have her wedding? In her hometown Oxshott with family and friends, planned by her loving mother or in Manhattan at the extravagant Plaza Hotel organised by Luke's mother Elinor?

Becky's indecisiveness and lies return in this installment of the Shopaholic series. I was quite frustrated by her actions throughout the book as she ran away from her problems and escaped by lying. I didn't grow to hat
Aleida Oskam
Het heeft weer even geduurd voor ik dit boek uit had maar het was weer een ouderwets goede. Weer heerlijk gelachen om de onhandigheid van Becky en de situaties waar ze zich in werkt. Nu even een pauze in de shopaholic serie tijdens de resterende tijd van m'n vakantie en daarna weer vrolijk verder! Het blijft een leuke serie om te lezen.
Steffi
Jan 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rebecca Bloomwood is probably the only character I forgive being an absolute pain in the ...
She makes me furious and eye-rolling, I want to shout at her and still I find myself enjoying the books.

I loved all the wedding talk. Must the Disney princess inside me still waiting for her big day.
Leah
Aug 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Becky Bloomwood's life has been running fairly smoothly recently, she is a personal shopper at Barney's, she and boyfriend Luke are living together and they've even opened a joint bank account. At best friend Suze's wedding Luke proposes and suddenly Becky's life has been flung upside down. Her mum wants her to get married in Oxshott whereas Luke's mother Elinor wants her to get married in New York - at the Plaza no less! As both women begin to plan their respective weddings Becky knows that eve ...more
Cara and Ashley
Oh no! Oh no! What happened to Sophie Kinsella when she wrote this book??!!!
Needless to say I wasn’t really pleased with the third novel. The problem book series have, especially when the first two novels were really good, is that the reader is hungry for more good story telling. But unfortunately, with Shopaholic Ties the Knot, it seems like the author has lost her fire….OH NO!!!
Okay, what didn’t I like about it? Well, for starters, the plot seems really ridiculous. Becky Bloomwood’s character
Erin
May 14, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
I'm not a big chick lit fan, but find Sophie Kinsella's work to be a real guilty pleasure-- slight but fun. However, Shopaholic Ties the Knot is definitely not her best.

In the other Shopaholic books, protagonist Becky Bloomwood, is ditzy and self-indulgent, but basically a fun and sweet girl that you can sort of identify with. In this book, that mostly goes out the window. Here, Becky gets engaged and is torn between having the simple English wedding her mother is planning and the big society w
Love Fool
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Life has been good for Becky Bloomwood: She’s become the best personal shopper at Barneys, she and her successful entrepreneurial boyfriend, Luke, are living happily in Manhattan’s West Village, and her new next-door neighbor is a fashion designer! But with her best friend, Suze, engaged, how can Becky fail to notice that her own ring finger is bare? Not that she’s been thinking of marriage (or diamonds) or anything . . . Then Luke proposes!

Ugh, why can't Becky and I be friends in real life? An
Nina Draganova
Кой друг, освен Беки, ще си организира 2 сватби в един ден на 2 различни континента.
Какво пък, важното е да има предизвикателства .
Но пък във всяка следваща книга от серията, Беки израства и помъдрява.
Няма как да й се сърди човек, не прави нищо със задни помисли. Просто й е по-трудно да взима бързи решения.
Всяка от книгите в серията си имат култов момент. Не прави изключение и тази.
Само си представете , как приятелката й започва да ражда неочаквано, без да си е взела приготвения багаж. Но плаши
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
Becky is getting married and ready to get settled! But where? While she’s enjoying life as a Personal Shopper at Barney’s, which I swear is every shopaholic’s dream, her family from England wanted her to stay in the countryside with her husband. But she couldn’t stay away from the glitz and glamour of Manhattan, could she? If you’re Becky Bloomwood, you would be at your wits end, and might just end up in a mental.

While I enjoyed the first two books in the series, this one kinda made me back off
Nusrat Mahmood
May 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, finished-series
Becky seems less lying in this book. she is just not telling full truth. umm...that's fun. gosh! I am so in love with this series.
Heaven
3.5

This series is slowly turning into my guilty pleasure that I enjoy greatly, however, this is my least favorite so far in the series. Becky gave me a headache in this book. I'm not sure how she got herself into the situation of having 2 weddings and continued to not fix it.

I know this is supposed to be a fun and girly read, which it is but at some points I just wanted to pull my hair out.
Tuuli
May 07, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: british, bookbeat, 2018
My least favourite so far; it dragged on and on. The marriage of the main couple in a chick-lit should, in my opinion, be fun and magical and exciting. In this book it was almost depressing.
Logan Hughes
Aug 25, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Jane Espenson, writer for Buffy and Firefly, wrote a blog post about the first spec script she ever wrote as a pre-teen. It was for M*A*S*H and the whole episode was just Charles trying to decide whether to marry a girl he'd gotten engaged to. First he made one choice, then the other. Jane called the episode "The Seesaw," and in her post, she warns against mistaking alternation for advancing the plot.

That's this book. It's just a seesaw. Becky has to decide whether to accept her parents' offer t
Fred
Jul 11, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had been reading a lot of heavy, emotional books lately, so I was in dire need of something simple and funny. This book was strongly recommended to me by a friend because I asked for a light book.

I had never read any of the shopaholic books but I was curious so I decided to give it a shot. I have to admit, I was a bit apprehensive because it is a Chick-Lit. However, since the Shopaholic books are so popular, I decided give it a shot with an open mind.

When I first started the book, I was please
Brittany
I forgot to even mark this as read. I read it a few days ago, not anything that had an impact on me, just something fun.

Something about reading about weddings is just fun. People are happy. Although this one was much more stressful that it needed to be. Becky knows there is a problem and thinks if she ignores them the'll just go away. She was pretty frustrating in this book. (view spoiler)
  • Queen of Babble in the Big City (Queen of Babble, #2)
  • I Heart Vegas (I Heart, #4)
  • When in Rome...
  • The Gatecrasher
  • Pink Slip
  • Here Comes the Bride
  • Being Committed
  • Society Girls
  • Head Over Heels
  • Diary of a Mad Mom-to-Be
  • The Little Lady Agency and the Prince (The Little Lady Agency, #3)
  • For Better, for Worse
  • Pink Slip Party
  • Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason (Bridget Jones, #2)
Sophie Kinsella has sold over 40 million copies of her books in more than 60 countries, and she has been translated into over 40 languages.

Sophie Kinsella first hit the UK bestseller lists in September 2000 with her first novel in the Shopaholic series – The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic (also published as Confessions of a Shopaholic). The book’s heroine, Becky Bloomwood – a fun and feisty fin
More about Sophie Kinsella

Shopaholic (8 books)
  • Confessions of a Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #1)
  • Shopaholic Takes Manhattan (Shopaholic, #2)
  • Shopaholic and Sister (Shopaholic, #4)
  • Shopaholic & Baby (Shopaholic, #5)
  • Mini Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #6)
  • Shopaholic to the Stars (Shopaholic, #7)
  • Shopaholic to the Rescue (Shopaholic, #8)

Fiction Deals

$7.49 $1.99
  • The Traveler's Gift: Seven Decisions that Determine Personal Success
  • The Little Giant of Aberdeen County
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Her Sister's Shoes (Sweeney Sisters #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • A Thousand Tomorrows (Cody Gunner, #1)
  • Shoeless Joe
  • Death in Venice
  • Blonde
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Ever After (Lost Love, #2)
  • Rescue
  • The Lords of Discipline
    $17.99 $1.99
  • The Sheltering Sky
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
    $14.99 $3.99
  • Remember Tuesday Morning (9/11, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Scavenger's Daughters (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters #1)
  • Under the Udala Trees
  • The Streets Have No King
  • The Passion
    $11.00 $1.99
  • The Language of Hoofbeats
  • Not Perfect: A Novel
  • The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Seekers (Kent Family Chronicles, #3)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Half a Heart
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Keeper of Secrets: A Novel
    $9.24 $1.99
  • A Garden of Earthly Delights (Wonderland Quartet, #1)
  • The Golden Notebook
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Life of Christ
  • The Good Mother
    $5.74 $1.99
  • The Palest Ink (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters Prequel)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
  • As Close to Us as Breathing: A Novel
  • The Child in Time
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Lowcountry Stranger (Sweeney Sisters Series Book 2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Man in 3B
  • Save Me
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
  • Time Bomb
  • Heat and Light: A Novel
  • Reunion
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer of Jordi Perez (And the Best Burger in Los Angeles)
    $16.99 $1.99
  • Stay Up With Me
  • The Loser
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P.
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Map and the Territory
    $8.99 $2.99
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Father's Day
  • Skeletons at the Feast
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Even Now (Lost Love, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sackett's Land: The Sacketts (Sacketts, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Bright Beauty
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Intervention (An Intervention Novel)
  • Star Sand
    $14.99 $2.99
  • Bachelor Girl
  • The Wednesday Sisters
    $11.99 $1.99
“This is what happens. You tell your friends your most personal secrets, and they use them against you.” 139 likes
“Have you ever thought about the grid of Manhattan?'
It's like...a metaphor for life. You think you have the freedom to walk anywhere. But in fact... you are strictly controlled. Up or down. Left or right. Nothing in between. No other options.'
Life should be like an open space...you should be able to walk in whatever direction you choose.”
27 likes