Start by marking “Dungeon Master's Guide (Dungeons & Dragons Edition 3.5)” as Want to Read:
Dungeon Master's Guide (Dungeons & Dragons Edition 3.5)

Dungeon Master's Guide (Dungeons & Dragons Edition 3.5)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  2,121 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Core Rulebook II

Create detailed worlds and dynamic adventures. Run game, non-player characters, magic items (including intelligent and cursed items, and artifacts), dictionary of special abilities, item pricing, and more.
Published July 1st 2003 by Wizards of the Coast (first published 2000)

Roger Royer
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!

I really love this book and now that I am not able to play anymore I am going to give this book to a lucky book crossing member by the end of November 2017 or leave it in a Starbucks. If you would like this book message me.
Luke
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
See my review of the 3.5 edition Players' Handbook for my comments on this edition/system. The Dungeon Master's Guide is an extension of that; I found it a joy to work with, and a pretty book besides.
Will Boncher
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Was going through books I may have missed logging (since I'm behind on my year challenge...) and realized I've read this cover to cover for the campaign I'm DM'ing right now.
Mark Austin
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
★ - Most books with this rating I never finish and so don't make this list. This one I probably started speed-reading to get it over with.
★★ - Average. Wasn't terrible, but not a lot to recommend it. Probably skimmed parts of it.
★★★ - Decent. A few good ideas, well-written passages, interesting characters, or the like.
★★★★ - Good. This one had parts that inspired me, impressed me, made me laugh out loud, made me think - it got positive reactions and most of the rest of it was pretty decent too.
Hazel
Jul 01, 2013 rated it liked it
I think this book is quite well done. It's easy to follow and usually when you have a question it gives it to you almost immediately. At other times the answers are harder to find, and sometimes you can't find them at all. The organization of things in the book also is not as desirable as it could be. Still, the book overall is quite well done and the pictures are gorgeous.
David
This book is a great resource for D&D gamers. The 3.5 rules are definitely clearer and cleaner than the 3.0 rules, so that's an improvement. This book is meant to be used as a reference rather than to be read front-to-back, so it's not exactly meant to be used like that for newcomers to D&D. But for veterans, the DMG still contains pretty much what you'd expect in a DMG.
Melkirdin
May 15, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-fiction
I sat down and read this book essentially cover-to-cover (or tried to) and it doesn't lend itself to that kind of reading. however, if you're a D&D gamer like me, it's a recomended read, as it helps you understand why the game is set up the way it is.
Ian James
Sep 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rpg-books
again just a reprint of the 3.0 rules but still good
Andrew
Jan 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: d-d-roleplaying
very useful. couldn't run a game smoothly without it.
Bill
Oct 27, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2007, fiction
If it has an ISBN, I count it...
Detailed Roleplayers: Blur and Jordan 16 6 Apr 02, 2014 03:59PM
Indie Book Club: Seeking Guest Posts on RPGs 6 17 Jul 09, 2012 11:00AM
  • Monster Manual (Dungeons & Dragons Edition 3.5)
  • Complete Adventurer (Dungeons & Dragons Edition 3.5)
  • Player's Handbook: Core Rulebook 1
  • Complete Warrior (Dungeons & Dragons Edition 3.5)
  • Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (Forgotten Realms)
  • Complete Arcane (Dungeons & Dragons Edition 3.5)
  • Player's Handbook II
  • Monster Manual II: Dungeons & Dragons Accessory
  • Spell Compendium (Dungeons & Dragons Edition 3.5)
  • Manual of the Planes
  • Underdark (Dungeons & Dragons d20 Fantasy Roleplaying, Forgotten Realms Accessory)
  • Deities and Demigods
  • Monster Manual III (Dungeons & Dragons Supplement)
  • Complete Mage (Dungeons & Dragons Edition 3.5)
  • Faiths and Pantheons (Forgotten Realms) (Dungeons & Dragons 3rd Edition)
  • Fiend Folio (Dungeons & Dragons d20 3.0 Fantasy Roleplaying)
The game designer
Monte Cook started working professionally in the game industry in 1988. In the employ of Iron Crown Enterprises, he worked with the Rolemaster and Champions games as an editor, developer, and designer. In 1994, Monte came to TSR, Inc., as a game designer and wrote for the Planescape and core D&D lines. When that company was purchased by Wizards of the Coast, he moved to the
More about Monte Cook...

Dungeons & Dragons Edition 3.5 (1 - 10 of 65 books)
  • Player's Handbook (Dungeons & Dragons Edition 3.5)
  • Monster Manual (Dungeons & Dragons Edition 3.5)
  • Dungeon Master's Guide II (Dungeons & Dragons Edition 3.5)
  • Monster Manual IV (Dungeons & Dragons Edition 3.5)
  • Complete Adventurer (Dungeons & Dragons Edition 3.5)
  • Complete Arcane (Dungeons & Dragons Edition 3.5)
  • Complete Divine (Dungeons & Dragons Edition 3.5)
  • Complete Mage (Dungeons & Dragons Edition 3.5)
  • Complete Scoundrel (Dungeons & Dragons Edition 3.5 Fantasy)
  • Complete Warrior (Dungeons & Dragons Edition 3.5)