Start by marking “Revenant (Zoe Martinique, #4)” as Want to Read:
Revenant (Zoe Martinique, #4)

Revenant (Zoë Martinique #4)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  342 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Zoe Martinique is getting used to the strange turn her life has taken since she discovered her ability to travel outside her body. Now beings from another astral plane are being hunted by her old enemy, the Phantasm, and it's up to her to save them and preserve the cosmic balance.

Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 350 pages
Published (first published June 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Revenant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revenant

Katy
Jun 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of urban fantasy
Book Info: Genre: Urban Fantasy Reading Level: Adult

Disclosure: I received the final book in the series, as well as an omnibus including the short stories related to the series, from the author in exchange for an honest review. I am happy to also provide an honest review for these earlier books, which I purchased myself.

Synopsis: Zoë Martinique's life hasn't been ordinary for quite awhile. First she developed the ability to travel outside her body at will – where she encountered some seriously
Barbara ★
I had a tough time getting into this one mainly because it's rather complicated and I'd forgotten all the nuances. Once I figured everything out though, the book flew. But man what a cliffhanger! I certainly didn't expect that but I guess I should have because I've learned to expect the unexpected in this series. Can't wait to read Geist and see how the gang rescues Zoe.
Margaret
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

### About the Author

Phaedra Weldon was born in Florida and attended Georgia Southern University from where she launched a career in the graphics arts field. She began writing at the age of 10, reworking the endings of
Barbara Sykeshaha
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a great book

Read these books in order. Very important to really understand the characters and the storyline. I have loved these characters in all of Phaedra 's writings. You simply must read Ms. WELDON'S books if you love action, strong characters, twist, turns, humor, & little bit of romance.
Stephanie L Jones
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Avid reader

Love this story. Can't stop reading the series. Hope she keeps writing. The action has picked up and I want more on all the characters.
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Kitty Muse Book Reviews
Zoe Martinique is…unique. She is a Wraith, with a side of Horror. Her friends include witches, vampires (oops, excuse me—Revenants), Symbionts, humans, and who knows what. Well, what can one expect when one’s father is an angel?
Zoe has had some unbelievable adventures (see Phantasm and Spectre, the accounts before this one), but this one might just break even her endurance.
Someone on one of the alternate planes of reality is trying to destroy the First Borns, or Revenants, as they are better kno
Jeanine
Jan 02, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I can't recommend this book unless you like lazy writing which uses devices such as: "She looked in the mirror and saw..." Sure, the author winked at the reader when she did this, but still. Lame.

The narrative is in a style that appeals to the Facebook addicted: littered with pop culture references, heavy use of slang, bad grammar -- I could go on and on. Mix in a bit of the fantastic - witches, ghouls, seraphim - and you've got a sure fire hit for the Twilight loving crowd who doesn't know wha
Darcy
Oct 05, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, uf, ghosts
I had a hard time with this book. Usually when I read this author I can devour the book in one sitting, but this time around I had a hard time reading more than 50-100 pages in a sitting. The reasoning I think is because there was so much of this story that was just talking, talking about what had happened, talking about what will happen, and talking about a new species that they all were introduced to. All that talking made for a boring read, even with the action that happened.

With the new spec
Amy
Mar 16, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm finally feeling comfortable with this series. Weldon has a lot of sub stories that seem only available as eBooks that I'm sure make the story more complete (lots of references in the novels). I do like how over these first four books we start to understand more as Zoe does, and by this fourth book she's finally sounding as intelligent as some of the other characters.

I'd like to read the novellas that accompany the series (wish I would have known about them in the beginning!), but I'm not sur
Christina
Crystal
Apr 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think it was the best of the series so far-although I wouldn't recommend starting with this book. The author does a great job of summarizing past events without the infamous info dump but a lot has happened in this series and I think you'll still get lost.

I will say that it has the mother of all cliffhangers at the end. No firm release date for the next in the series which the author is tentatively titling Nephilim but I believe she stated in a blog post that it will be out summer 2011.
Liberty Abbott-Sylvester
Okay, I had a hard time getting into this book at first but after the first 100 pages or so I couldn't put it down. I enjoyed learning about the new species and OMG! the ending! I can't wait to read the next book!
Gypsie Holley
Jun 18, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I believe this is the best one so far! This also left a hell of a cliff-hanger! Where is the next one? How fast are you writing Phaedra? I musts have this soon. (yes, I did put the extra "s" there) I can't wait!

Cindi (cheesygiraffe)
Mar 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011-read
I enjoy the characters but sometimes I don't understand what's going on right away. I have to reread a scene to get it. I started getting the picture toward the end. Ugh! The ending sucked for Zoe. I hope the guys can help her.
Shandra
Jun 27, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I neglected this on my shelf for too long, but once I started it, I could hardly put it down. It is getting to be quite complicated, plot-wise, and it took me awhile to remember what I had read in the previous books. Definitely don't start here, but this series is getting very engrossing!
Aleshea Fouts
Mar 19, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was great in tell the end. I will never read another book by Phaedra Weldon this is the last book for years and you leave it like that well I'm not waiting around again just to be disappointed again.
Selena McDevitt
Jun 24, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The only reason that this isn't getting 5 stars is because of all of the slang. Otherwise this book is wonderfully written, paced, and researched. The cliffhanger is killing me, though! I can't wait until the next one comes out!!
C.E.
Nov 24, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Yawn, snore, whatever. Not as lively as the Succubus series by Richelle Mead, and unable to stand alone.
Christine Hayes
Jan 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed Revenant much more than Phantasm. The ending was amazing ,can't waint to get the next book.
Maryanne
Jun 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have just finished this book now I want the next one Love these characters epecially poor Zoe she makes me laugh with all her asides in her head and sometimes blurted out
Rachael
Dec 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
FINALLY! Improvement :) Can't wait to read the next one. Hopefully the next one wont be a disappointment.
Heather Anne
Sadly forgettable. But I felt obliged to finish it. Some action and adventure.
Perhaps I would have liked it more if I had kept better track of what had come before in the series.
Topher
Jul 21, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Glad to learn a little bit more about the, errr, ecology, as it were, of things supernatural in Atlanta. Curious to see where the series goes from here.
Charles Andrulis
Jan 12, 2012
Norene Smith
Sep 18, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Forged Of Shadows (Marked Souls #2)
  • Inhuman Resources (OSI, #3)
  • Silent Night, Haunted Night (Nicki Styx, #4)
  • Unchained (The Dark Forgotten, #3)
  • Bring on the Night (WVMP Radio, #3)
  • Red Demon (Gods of Midnight, #3)
  • Ghosts & Echoes (Shadows Inquiries #2)
  • Lightborn (Darkborn Trilogy, #2)
  • Silver Zombie (Delilah Street, Paranormal Investigator, #4)
  • Sparks (Anya Kalinczyk, #2)
  • Wild Hunt (Evie Scelan, #2)
  • Labyrinth (Greywalker, #5)
  • Hell Fire (Corine Solomon, #2)
  • The Killing Hands (Sophie Anderson,  #4)
  • Spell Games (Marla Mason, #4)
  • To Wish or Not to Wish (As You Wish, #3)
  • One Grave Less (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation #9)
  • Flowers for Her Grave (Grim Reaper Mystery, #3)
207695
Sometimes credited as Phaedra M. Weldon.

Born in Pensacola, Florida, Phaedra is the eldest of four children. She began writing in notebooks with her best friend in middle school.
After leaving college for a job in the Graphic Arts industry, Phaedra continued her love of writing in her spare time and was lucky enough at a writer's conference to meet Dean Wesley Smith, who later became her writing men
More about Phaedra Weldon...

Zoë Martinique (7 books)
  • Wraith (Zoe Martinique, #1)
  • Spectre (Zoe Martinique #2)
  • Phantasm (Zoe Martinique, #3)
  • Geist (Zoe Martinique, #5)
  • Dominion (Zoe Martinique, #6)
  • Seraphim (Zoë Martinique, #7)