Start by marking “Driftwood Cottage (Chesapeake Shores, #5)” as Want to Read:
Driftwood Cottage (Chesapeake Shores, #5)

Driftwood Cottage

(Chesapeake Shores #5)

Single mom Heather Donovan’s dreams of home and family are tantalizingly within reach when she settles in Chesapeake Shores. The welcoming arms of the boisterous, loving O’Brien clan embrace her and her son. But accepting their support seems to further alienate her son’s father, Connor O’Brien. His parents’ divorce and his career as a high-powered divorce attorney have lef ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 376 pages
Published March 29th 2011 by Mira Books (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Driftwood Cottage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Driftwood Cottage

Lisa
Driftwood Cottage was another nice visit to yet another perfect imaginary town that I wished I lived in, Chesapeake Shores. This is book five in the series but picks up directly where A Chesapeake Shores Christmas leaves off so to get the best feel of this book, it is probably a good idea to read at least the Christmas story, the others you can probably do without but are enjoyable, easy reads as well.

Driftwood Cottage finds the very stubborn Connor O'Brien who became a divorce attorney followin
Kimberly
Mar 20, 2011 rated it it was ok
I'm usually a big fan of Sherryl Woods, but this book was a disappointment. In a word, boring. The conflict between the lead characters never changed or went anywhere until the last 100 pages & by then it was too late for me to get into the book. I also found the character of Abby very annoying with her clumsy attempts at sticking her nose in where it didn't belong. Hope the next book is better.
Janga
Jan 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Driftwood Cottage is the first of three 2011 books in Sherryl Woods’s Chesapeake Shores series. This story picks up shortly after the events A Chesapeake Shores Christmas (September 2010). Connor, the youngest of the O’Brien clan and the one most defined by his parents’ divorce, is not pleased when he discovers that Heather Donovan, the mother of his son, has opened a quilt shop in his hometown.

Heather herself also has periods of questioning her decision. She enjoys the warm acceptance of the e
Tonya
Jun 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011-reads
What can I say? I am a sucker for Sherryl Woods. Reading the Chesapeake Shores series is always a pleasure of mine. It is like going home. Where everyone knows your name and everything about you, and still loves you anyway. Like an old comfortable blanket.. We know what to expect, we know what is going to happen but the ride is still fabulous.

In this installment Connor and his live-in girlfriend Heather have broken up because Heather wants more now that they have Little Mick. She knew from the v
Donna
Apr 09, 2011 rated it it was ok
Cherie Reeves
Apr 02, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011-books
All right already. Connor is opposed to marriage the mother of his child wants it all. I usually love Sheryl Woods, but this one was the same thing over and over chapter after chapter. It was a struggle to finish. Maybe I'm just having a bad day and not in the mood for a romance novel, but I was disappointed.
Linda Smatzny
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a feel good book. The main characters are Connor O'Brien and Heather Donovan who have appeared in other books in this series especially in A Chesapeake Shores Christmas. When this book opens Heather has moved to Chesapeake Shores and opened a quilt store. Connor is still in Baltimore as a divorce lawyer always representing the men. Connor refuses to see marriage as anything good and Heather has decided she cannot remain in such a relationship. This book is the story of how that conflict ...more
Jen
Jun 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio-books, series
While the relationship of the main characters in this title took a bit longer to resolve than in previous titles, it was a bit frustrating for this reader. As always, though, I enjoy the dynamics of this family and look forward to the remaining few titles.
Agatha Donkar
Nov 30, 2017 rated it liked it
So predictable and so comforting and everyone is happy at the end. I highly recommend romance novels in these trash ass world on fire times.
Julia
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
The marriage issue was annoyingly repetitive. The outcome predictable. A novella padded into a novel. As another Goodreader has already commented, I would have preferred to read more about the cottage.
Jennie
Mar 18, 2011 rated it liked it
From Goodreads: Single mom Heather Donovan's dreams of home and family are tantalizingly within reach when she settles in Chesapeake Shores. The welcoming arms of the boisterous, loving O'Brien clan embrace her and her son. But accepting their support seems to further alienate her son's father, Connor O'Brien. His parents' divorce and his career as a high-powered divorce attorney have left him jaded about marriage.

Then everything changes. Will the possibility of a future without Heather make Con
Susan
May 23, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm drawn to this big, meddling Irish family, but this story didn't make sense. Why would someone in such a close family keep a grandchild secret for almost a year? I ended up skimming over most of the "marriage" issue because it was so repetitive. Wish it had focused more on the Cottage.
Chris
May 29, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Disappointing. I found Connor to be unlikeable and Heather didn't have much personality. Hard to understand why they were together.
Connie N.
Actually I think I'd rate this 4.5 stars, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and round up. It's another in the continuing Chesapeake Shores series which focuses on the large O'Brien family and everyone coming into contact with them. The setting is a beach town in Maryland, which seems charmingly small-town and folksy but with all the big-town amenities. This story features Connor O'Brien, disillusioned divorce lawyer, his one-year-old son and the mother of his child. Connor and Heather li ...more
Kate
Aug 03, 2012 rated it did not like it
This novel was one that I put off reading. With zero plot or action, I found that all it was, was Connor and Heather having the same argument over and over again about marriage, in all honesty I got to page 200 and put it down, I actually said " I quit!". This novel was so boring, nothing happened in it, after reading the last page I can pretty much assume what happened in the last hundred or so pages I couldn't bare to read. Typical love story, only Connor didn't want to get married so Heather ...more
Ruth
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How could I not love this book as it is about a young woman who opens a quilt shop in Chesapeake Shores. She's the women who stole Connor's heart but as a divorce attorney he has no intention of getting married.
Sylvia
I loved this book!! Great story!! 2nd time reading this book and still love it!! Love this series!!
Bette Stanek
Jun 27, 2018 rated it liked it
This is book five in the Chesapeake Shores series by Ms Woods. It was delightful to go back to Chesapeake Shores and catch up on the O’Brien clan and all that’s been happening in town. The major conflict in this book is between Connor and Heather and there isn’t really much else going on. The conflict remains static throughout the story which gets a bit tiring.

Connor is opposed to marriage, plain and simple. He watched his parents go through a bitter divorce when his mother walked away from all
Kim Smiley
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another installment revolving around Conner and Heather. After the last book you would think all would end well with these two right? Wrong. They're still not together because Conner is completely against marriage. Being that his parents split up when he was a young teen, he doesn't believe marriage lasts. Being a divorce attorney only helps his argument. So Heather did leave him and moved to Chesapeake Shores, opening up a quilting store right next to Conner's mother's gallery. She lives in an ...more
Jeanne (love2cook)
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Another good story in the Chesapeake Shores series. This story is about Heather Donovan, her son Mich and his father Connor O'Brien. Heather has been living with Connor without marriage, which she wants and he does not. She's had enough and has moved to Chesapeake Shores with her son and started her own business. As the entire O'Brien clan has welcomed her and her son, Connor is lonesome with out her and misses her and his son. He is contemplating how to get her back in his life where he wants ...more
Jill
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm enjoying reading this series. I want to watch the series when it comes on TV in August. I didn't get to watch the previous shows...so I hope these books help me to catch up.
The Series caught my eye because in the books the setting is the Chesapeake. It's a place that I have visited (In real life) in the past and so enjoyed my time spent there...so these books bring back happy memories for me.
Since I'm a crafter...The fact that Heather, in the story, owns a quilt shop helped me also to get in
Nan
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
While I usually enjoy the Chesapeake Shores collection - this one was a bit tedious. There was really not much to the story except for unending angst about marriage, not marriage and should we/shouldn't we. About the only "action" was the auto accident. I could identify, having had a severe bicycle accident a few years ago, but it wasn't really enough. Seemed like I was almost forcing myself to keep reading.
Ruth Ellen
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
Conner has issues with marriage. His carrier as a divorce lawyer doesn't help his viewpoint. Heather has loved Conner since college. So much so she moved in with him and had his baby. She now wants to be independent and eventually get married. She moves to Chesapeake Shores and opens a quilting shop with help from Conner's family. Will Conner wake up and claim his family? Read it and find out.
Barbara J. Harbison
Delightful

Driftwood Cottage was a delightful book. I enjoyed all of the characters in the book and their personalities were well nuanced. I had a hard time putting this book down for necessary breaks, like meals, driving the car, etc. It was an upbeat book that made for lots of smiles.
Gloria
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rated, reviewed
Heather Donovan has had it living with her son' father, Connor O'Brien, with no hope of marriage appearing to be in their future. The two met in college and moved in together when Connor was in law school. When she became pregnant, he encouraged her to quit work to raise little Mick. They live in nearby Baltimore where Connor is a big time attorney. Connor carries around baggage leftover from when his mom left the family. Their father and architect, Mick O'Brien, was very busy with his company b ...more
Angie
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Normally like Sherry Woods books but this left me cold. I got really frustrated with main characters and the book just kept going round in circles repeating the same arguments over and over. Really disappointed and it didn’t make me regret not reading others in the series. It took me 3 weeks to read which shows I really struggled (if a book grabs me I can’t put it down)!
Mark Fosgate
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book

The book is a great story. It’s story line fits right in with the first four books in the series. After you read the first book you just have to read the because of the way these stories build on one another!
Anne Keller
Somewhat exhausting

Driftwood Cottage was basically good, but you get exhausted by Connor's attitude. You feel like you want him to relent and come to his senses sooner, and focus more on the story after the fact.
Jean
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two Thumbs up!

The story of Heather and Connor is very believable and heartwarming. It was even better than the previous books in this series because the meddling of the O'Briens was less obnoxious.
June
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Chesapeake Shores fans
Shelves: adult, marriage, romance
More of a 3.5, since I couldn't really buy Connor's aversion to marriage. If marriage doesn't mean much why invest so much in avoiding it? However, it was interesting to have Heather also get cold feet.

To me the piece of paper shouldn't matter as much as your own vows.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Moonshell Beach (Shelter Bay, #4)
  • Heartache Falls (Eternity Springs, #3)
  • Lakeshore Christmas (Lakeshore Chronicles, #6)
  • That Holiday Feeling (Virgin River, #7.5; Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Wild Man Creek (Virgin River, #12)
  • The First Love Cookie Club (Twilight, Texas, #3)
  • Already Home
  • The Comforts of Home (Harmony, #3)
With two other careers to her credit before becoming a novelist and four states in which she's lived for extended periods of time, Sherryl Woods has collected friends and memories, along with way too much unnecessary junk.

"The friends are the only things I've brought with me through the years that really matter," she says. "I could probably live without one more chintz teacup, another tin-litho sa

Chesapeake Shores (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Inn at Eagle Point (Chesapeake Shores, #1)
  • Flowers on Main (Chesapeake Shores, #2)
  • Harbor Lights (Chesapeake Shores, #3)
  • A Chesapeake Shores Christmas (Chesapeake Shores, #4)
  • Moonlight Cove (Chesapeake Shores, #6)
  • Beach Lane (Chesapeake Shores, #7)
  • An O'Brien Family Christmas (Chesapeake Shores, #8)
  • The Summer Garden (Chesapeake Shores, #9)
  • A Seaside Christmas (Chesapeake Shores, #10)
  • The Christmas Bouquet (Chesapeake Shores, #11)
“Relationships are never static. They have to evolve over time as the individuals in them change.” 24 likes
“You see, the thing about dreams is that it’s never really too late to make them come true.” 5 likes