Start by marking “Beautiful Creatures” as Want to Read:
Beautiful Creatures

Beautiful Creatures

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  226 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Everyone has heard of the Beaufort twins, but few have ever seen them…

On the eve of their 21st birthday, at one of the most lavish parties society has ever seen, Octavia and Flora Beaufort are launched into the world.

For Octavia, it is one of the most thrilling nights of her life, an evening glittering with the promise of her future. But Flora shrinks from the limelight,
Published January 20th 2011 by Arrow Books

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful Creatures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautiful Creatures

Anne
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I took a while to get into this novel, which was a slow burner, with a lot of descriptions of high class fashions, designer clothes, the way the upper class behave (or misbehave). Octavia and Flora are the two beautiful creatures in the title and have an unusual background. Though identical twins, they are very different in many ways, in their personalities, Flora being more introverted and Octavia the extrovert of the pair.

Then the story came to life, and it was easy to become involved with the
Mandie
Oct 20, 2012 added it
Gave up reading after about 100 pages - just couldn't get into it :(
Hsiau Wei
Dec 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
I read all books by Lulu Taylor and really like her writing style. In fact, i have been waiting for this ebook version for so long and remember how ecstatic i am when i realised that i can buy the ebook from Kobo. ;) I recalled the dramatic elements in each of her books and this book is not exempted from its conflicts and dramatic elements.

The story is about a pair of twins who set to inherit hundred of millions inheritance from their father, found themselves faces with a world that they have no
Electra Heart
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
662 pages, 90 chapters of catching drama, exquisite description of the slightest details, and satisfying writing style introducing different languages other than English, and some really useful information especially in fashion, style, law and management.. The characters were attractive and inspiring, I related to them more than once while depicting their acts and thoughts and reactions. It is a mixture of an erotica, a thriller and a fashion/travelling blog.. all of these categories were combin ...more
Francel Anne Julian
Mar 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
It was really pretty good. I had a good laugh and cry at the same time and I think it was wonderful because it gave great effect on me. Although some parts (the-you-know-what) weren't suitable for me yet though I have read a lot more and intense than that. And from all of that pages, it weren't enough. I hate it when it's just going to end right there. I mean, I want more you know.

Iseult being dead? Not acceptable. She was stunning, why does she have to die? Plus, it caused Roddy to be more drow
Shannen
Feb 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Ariella
Nov 07, 2015 rated it did not like it
I don't know why I finished this book nor why I even thought I would like it. Totally trashy. Not in a bad way if you like that kind of stuff but not usually what I am in to. I guess it's nice to give a book one star and really mean it. It doesn't happen often because I usually don't read the whole book if I don't like it.
Salena Moffat
Aug 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
A grand, sweeping, soap opera (think Dynasty, not Days) that is a fantastic escape read. Pretty well written, with attention to detail that is at first annoying, but you gradually realize that those details are in fact necessary bits of sparkle. A very good book.
Leen
Mar 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Part one was extremely boring as it was filled with endless, very very descriptive, useless details. The novel however, improved when I approached part two of the story. The ending was not bad, I was not disappointed.
Andie
Nov 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I didn't think anything could top Midnight Girls but this one did it. I didn't expect the story to be so sad but in parts it was very upsetting. Excellently written and I developed a fondness for both characters. Think I read this in a day.
Rana
Apr 29, 2013 rated it did not like it
I'd rather spend the rest of my life reading twilight and fifty shades of grey than touch this book again! 700 pages of crap.
Janine
Feb 17, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
A bit silly and slow for the first 2 parts
Jo
Jun 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
I've read all three of Lulu Taylors books and really did enjoy them all - this took a little longer to get into but glad I kept going...great read!!
Evelien
  • Love and Marriage
  • Bad Girls
  • A Moment Like Forever
  • Foursome
Lulu was brought up in the Oxfordshire countryside, attended a girls’ school and then went to Oxford University, where she read English Literature. After university, she worked in publishing for several years, before becoming a novelist.

Lulu says of her books: ‘I’ve always adored stories of the rich and reckless at play, everything from The Great Gatsby to the brilliant blockbuster novels of the 8
More about Lulu Taylor...