Start by marking “Should Barack Obama Be President? Dreams from My Father, Audacity of Hope, ... Obama in '08?” as Want to Read:

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  31 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
This "nimble" book provides a pithy, funny, almost schizophrenic examination of all the arguments that I can think of, pro and con, on the subject of Senator Barack Obama's suitability for the office of President. My promise to you is that no matter how much you already know about Obama, this book will present you with new information and new perspectives. This is a "livin ...more
Published October 3rd 2006 by Nimble Books

Be the first to ask a question about Should Barack Obama Be President? Dreams from My Father, Audacity of Hope, ... Obama in '08?

Gina
May 09, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Voting Age Americans plus friends and foes of The USA
No swapping of this book; it's a keeper. How rare an experience is this, to read the writings of a younger Barak Obama and to be able to trace the development of his life and thought? I hope by the time many of you read this that he is the Presidential Nominee for the Democratic Party. If not, it would be the worst tragedy for these United States.

Okay: let me count the ways. I am inclined to gush, so I have reach for my German orderly genes to show the reasons behind my convictions.

The scena
Sheila Gloekler
Apr 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to Sheila by: I wanted to read it because of my support for Senator Obama.
Shelves: books-i-ve-read
This is a surprisingly candid book and beautifully written, as well. It's a biography of Senator Obama's life which delves into his identity crisis as a young man due to being bi-racial and the effect of being a fatherless child. It is very heartwarming and gives the reader great insight into who Barack Obama is and about the people in his lives who were instrumental in helping to shape this wonderful man. Unfortunately, too many of his comments are being taken out of context and used against hi ...more
Letchworth1
May 09, 2008 rated it it was amazing
An apparently honest revelation of the man's background. While it's hard to say what kind of president he would make, he's a truly thoughtful and remarkably intelligent young man. I'll take a chance on him!
Tejumade
Dec 29, 2008 rated it really liked it
revealing
Pam
Jun 08, 2008 rated it really liked it
I learned a great deal about the character and soul of Barack Obama.
Frank Foehrenbach
Feb 12, 2008 marked it as to-read
After reading the Audacity of Hope, this book is definitely on my list.
Jones Jay
it's a good book I think
Marita
May 09, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommended to Marita by: Sue
Shelves: non-fiction, biog
Must read for anybody who is interested in living history. I really liked how he was able to meet with so many of his family in his Kenya visit. Good reading.
Fiona