Start by marking “Cat” as Want to Read:
Cat

R.L. Stine

Cat (Fear Street #45)

3.56  ·  Rating details ·  833 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
A dead cat uses the rest of its lives for revenge.
Published January 1st 1997 by Turtleback Books

To ask other readers questions about Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cat

Valentina Markasović
A pretty good horror for younger readers, not much of a mystery
Leah
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Used to love them as a teen but this one was one of the weaker ones.
Trevor Wells
I just finished Cat and it was one of those Fear Street books that wasn't awful and also wasn't amazing. While the plot was somewhat original and the mystery (for the most part) was intriguing, nothing else really stood out very much. The characters were wooden, the ending was cliche, most of the scenes that were supposed to be suspenseful fell a little flat, and I was unfortunately able to uncover the killer's identity just a few pages before the reveal. I'd have to categorize this as another " ...more
Tami Lynn Andrew
I love R.L. Stine. I bought this book because the cover looks like Luxo Jr and I. Unfortunately, the twist is present from before even opening said cover. Was it always like that and we just grew up or was this one particularly obvious? Either way it was fun and took like an hour to read. Love me some Fear Street.
Jaime
Apr 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was a huge R.L. Stine fan in my early teens! I loved all the fear street books! They are what got me into reading again! :)
kylajaclyn
Oct 29, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Clearly not Fear Street at its best. I’m getting a feeling that Stine doesn’t like cats. I love cats so much that this one was a bit difficult to get through. I always loved the cover, but a good cover does not a good book make (duh).

Basically, Marty is the typical teen asshole that always frequent Fear Street novels. He thinks he’s a hot shit basketball player. He also doesn’t care that he’s hurt a girl named Riki. He has two best friends: Dwayne and Barry.

The boys always have basketball prac
Amber
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really got a kick out of this one ... lmao I am so a cat person

in 2013 my local library was getting ride of all paperback books and they had all the R.L. Stine / Christopher Pike books so I bought all of them and read them with a massive teen book marathon .. I really hope that a whole new generation of teens gets to fall in love with these books !!! as they are simply the best I loved all of these books in my teens .. :) and I really enjoyed going down memory lane re reading them as an adult
Irham Nurrahman
Ini Fear Street pertama yang saya baca dengan tokoh protagonis Laki-laki,
semua yang pernah saya baca tokoh utamanya perempuan.
Cerita dan alurnya menurut saya pribadi kadang baik kadang saya
kurang terlalu menyukainya.mungkin karena saya termasuk penyuka kucing.
Drucilla
Oct 07, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fear-street
I don't know if cat lovers will be a fan of this book or not, but I liked it. It makes you think about animal cruelty and the punishment for it, which was something I didn't expect from an R.L. Stine book. I was also engrossed with the fact that the main character Marty gets completely railroaded over the accidental death of the cat. The ending was really morally interesting because the reader has to ask themself, "Does Marty deserve this?". It doesn't help that Marty is kind of a jerk to girls.
M Strawberry Reviews
I got this back when I was a kid as a birthday present because I loved cats so much, and this book certainly didn't disappoint me. I was never a huge RL Stine fan, I did like him and read some of his books but I never collected them or anything like that. This is a really fun book, especially if you like cats, and was good for a young adult-rated book. I think I still have it somewhere :P
  • The First Journey (Alternamorphs, #1)
  • Silent Witness
  • Twins
  • Monster (Nightmare Hall, #13)
  • The Wicked Cat (Spooksville, #10)
  • Baby-Sitters Beware (Baby-Sitters Club Super Mystery, #2)
  • April Fools (Point Horror, #7)
  • Spy Girl (Sweet Valley University, #34)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Fear Street (1 - 10 of 54 books)
  • The New Girl (Fear Street, #1)
  • The Surprise Party (Fear Street, #2)
  • The Overnight (Fear Street, #3)
  • Missing (Fear Street, #4)
  • The Wrong Number (Fear Street, #5)
  • The Sleepwalker (Fear Street, #6)
  • Haunted (Fear Street, #7)
  • Halloween Party (Fear Street, #8)
  • The Stepsister (Fear Street, #9)
  • Ski Weekend (Fear Street, #10)