Start by marking “Make Me, Sir (Masters of the Shadowlands, #5)” as Want to Read:
Make Me, Sir (Masters of the Shadowlands, #5)

Make Me, Sir

(Masters of the Shadowlands #5)

Her job is to make his life miserable. His job is to make her submit. Whose heart will surrender first?

Across the country, rebellious BDSM submissives are being systematically kidnapped, one from each club. When her friend falls prey to the slavers, FBI victim specialist Gabrielle volunteers to be bait in a club not yet hit: the Shadowlands.

She finds that being a bratty su
Nook, 296 pages
Published February 1st 2011 by Loose Id, LLC

Club Shadowlands by Cherise SinclairBreaking Free by Cherise SinclairDark Citadel by Cherise SinclairMake Me, Sir by Cherise SinclairMaster of the Mountain by Cherise Sinclair
BDSM Fiction
1,028 books — 1,348 voters
Club Shadowlands by Cherise SinclairBreaking Free by Cherise SinclairDark Citadel by Cherise SinclairMake Me, Sir by Cherise SinclairLean on Me by Cherise Sinclair
Gateway to BDSM
667 books — 832 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Make Me, Sir (Masters of the Shadowlands, #5)
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Photobucket
Master Marcus, Sir
There’s no doubt about it, Make Me, Sir is the book that proves Cherise Sinclair is more than merely an erotic romance author. Is it hot? Hell yeah, but it’s also a deeply emotional, compelling story delving into the horrific world of human trafficking.
Sophia Triad
Gabi has very little BDSM experience, but she will need to pretend to be a bratty sassy sub at the Shadowlands club in order to help the investigators to find her kidnapped friend by slave traders.
Master Marcus has taken Cullen job and now he is the Master of the trainees. Unfortunately he cannot stand brats and Gabi is the worst sub that could happen to him.
Since he is unaware of Gabi's assignment, there will be a lot of tension between these two in the beginning and many power struggles. Grad
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.5 All About Master Marcus Stars***

Overall, story wise this was my favorite of the series so far. It's setting up a suspense element that will carry over into the next few books. What was introduced here, I thoroughly enjoyed.

This book was ALL about Master Marcus for me. A gentleman Dom....

Sexy demands with a sophisticated southern twang....

He was aggressive yet mindful, possessive yet gentle, honest and intuitive and I was defenseless to every one of his charms.

Gabi, on the other hand.....
Nicky Charles
Feb 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful addition to the Shadowlands series. I liked the longer length of this story, the mystery involved, the spunky 'brattiness' of Gaby and of course, Master Marcus. You really can see Sinclair's growth as an author in this book. It's more complex, has good subplots and the characters have more depth. And of course, it's exciting that she left the door open for more stories to spin off from this one.

For me, the one thing that 'makes' Cherise's books is the way she portrays her doms.
Angela James
Apr 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
I honestly think this is Ms. Sinclair's best book. The plot and character interaction were more developed in this book than they have been in any other. I enjoyed the story very much, and highly recommend to fans of erotic romance w/BDSM elements.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

Hold on, I’ll need a moment.

I’m still a puddle of goo after reading this book! MAKE ME, SIR is Master Marcus’s book and wow, where can I get me one of those?

Cherise Sinclair delivers yet another book that surpasses and goes beyond all my expectations! Never would have I imagined to read a story that uses the sensual allure of BDSM to coax an emotional recovery from a character quite like this.

Sinclair really goes above and beyond what most authors would do to accompli
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 "You're so sexy" stars

This book is delightful! Gabi is a social worker with very little BDSM experience when she volunteers to play decoy in Shadowlands in order to help her kidnapped friend. Too bad she has to play the "bratty" sub in order to get the kidnappers attention. Even worse, her minimal experience in BDSM could never have prepared her for Master Marcus' intensity.

Marcus hates bratty submissives, especially when their brattiness is just for show. When Master Z assignes a new trainee
Ni_kii
Jan 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This review can also be found at http://scorchingbookreviews.blogspot....

Favourite quote from this book "100,000 sperm and you were the fastest"

I have issues with restraint. So many issues that this book was bought on PDF to read on my kindle (which is a pain in the ass by the way) but it was worth it! I noticed a change in Sinclairs writing in master of the abyss. The writing was less short story-like and more like a fully fleshed out novel. I have loved every single one of her books but these
Camila (previously the opinionated Catruler)
This book was excellent in so many levels.

First we have Gabi, undercover agent for the FBI at the Shadowlands Club. She is posing as a trainee, but her job is to be the most rebellious and irreverent trainee the Club has ever seen. So she gets to say hilarious insults.
“I can't believe out of one hundred thousand sperm, you were the fastest!”

Sometimes even stupid insults, that are all the more hilarious.
“That's a dumbass idea. You're a dumbass. Even Jesus thinks you're a dumdass.”

And even though
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I've been a fan of Ms. Sinclair since I read her first Shadowland's title. I've enjoyed all of her books; this is definitely my favourite. I wasn't sure what the book was going to cover, but I figured it would feature a stubborn sub since it was titled, "Make Me, Sir". The sassy sub kept me laughing throughout the book.

Gabi definitely comes across as a confused and stubborn sub. The reasons for her mixed signals are apparent to the reader. To the doms, not so much. I found it amusing as her beha
Stinky Girl
May 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a goo book. Full review at a later date.
MsRomanticReads

My favorite story! The plot is deeper and darker than the previous stories and all our favorite couples seem more involved and show up ore often.

Gabrielle is a victim counselor and has volunteered to go undercover for the FBI. Female Subs have been disappearing from clubs, never to be found again. Until one of them manages to escape and alert authorities that she had been kidnapped to be sold into slavery. Now Gabi's best friend, Kim, is missing. Her fierce loyalty to her friend motivates her t
ൠSinful
Jan 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
What can I say? I love this woman. She writes. I read. (More like devour) We have a great thing going.

FBI social worker Gabi played a little in clubs in college so when she volunteers to work on a case involving kidnapping of subbies, the agents take her up on it. (even though she is motivated because her friend is one of the victims).

She is assigned to play a trainee at Shadowlands. And Marcus is the new Master Trainer.

Seriously, having just finished it I can promise you my emotions were all o
Mrs. Missive
Jan 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2011
This book in the Shadowlands series was, in my opinion, the best one yet. We get in on an FBI investigation dealing in the sale of rebelious submissives. Well from the first four books in this series we know that the Shadowlands club has prime pickings for rebelious women.

Gabi, who's friend has been taken by this group of kidnappers, volunteers to go undercover as a bratty sub. Wow does she do a fabu job. The insults that spew from Gabi's mouth were hilarious! I was laughing out loud at some of
Kathryn
Aug 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica, romance, bdsm
Wow. I really loved this. I've read more than a handful of Sinclair's books now and I do not love every one of them but I do love her writing and the fact that she has carved out a niche for bdsm erotica. The pacing in this book was perfect and suspenseful. The setting was, as usual, lots of fun in a bdsm-scene-so-perfect-it-should-be-considered-a-fantasy way that Sincalir has going on with her Shadowlands series. I felt for both of the main characters. The scenes were spot on and entertaining, ...more
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
LOVED IT!!!! Because I was impatiently waiting for Make Me, Sir I checked out the loose-id website around 11:30 pm the night before the release date. I was so excited to see it was available. I couldn't stop reading, I finished Make Me, Sir around 5:30 am, and had to be at work at 8:30 am =)

One of my favorite quotes from MMS "Even Jesus thinks you're a dumb-ass" from Gabi to Master Marcus

I don't want to go into detail becaus I don't want to spoil the book for anyone, but you won't be dissappoint
Angela
I wasn't sure what to expect when I first picked up Make Me, Sir. We didn't know Marcus too well, and Gabi was completely new to me. And it ended up being my favorite. Even after reading the rest of the series, Make Me, Sir remains my favorite book out of all the Masters of the Shadowlands.

See my full review at my blog or booklikes

Original thoughts: In short, though this book contained two of my least favorite tropes (deception and Big Misunderstanding), I loved how Cherise Sinclair handled them
Nia
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! I love this series but I absolutely LOVED Master Marcus and Gabi's story. Made my "best of the best" list. It was sassy, funny, real and loving and had enough suspense to keep me on the edge of my seat. The sex was unbelievably HOT and I felt that their connection was truly genuine. Loved it! I love the Masters of the Shadowlands series and can't wait to start Book 6 in a few minutes!!

By the way, Cherise Sinclair is a genius. She continuously introduces us to new characters, making this s
Ezinwanyi Chinyere
This isn't necessarily my favorite Shadowlands book/couple, but it was the best written book in the series. The plot was strong enough to withstand the sex scenes.
Gabrielle Renard, a social worker helping the FBI on a case, came to the Shadowlands to smoke out a human trafficking operation. Master Zachary "Z" assigned Master Dom Marcus Atherton to train her and thus began their journey to self discovery on both sides.

Christy
Nov 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Best in the series so far! You just have to love Marcus!!! He was so sweet and charming, yet a super hot Dom! Gabi was great too, such a spunky personality. This book seemed a little longer with more of a story. I was happy to get to see a little more with Jessica and Master Z! Loved it!
Adriana
Make Me, Sir by Cherise Sinclair

A nice and long satisfying read. This story is probably my second favorite of this series. Club Shadowlands with Master Z and Jessica still holds first place with me. These two characters, Master Marcus and Gabi, were so incredibly wonderful together. Gabi gave new meaning to the phrase ‘bratty sub’ and I loved every minute of it. Master Marcus thinks he prefers a compliant sub but that was before Gabi entered his life! Sometimes in life it’s good not to get want
Steph
Make Me, Sir the fifth installment in Cherise's Masters of the Shadowlands was another fantastic addition to the series. It's also the longest to date. So, not only does she give us another great story, but more detail, more build-up to the relationships and more time to hang out with some of the hottest, sweetest Doms I've ever read.

In this story, Marcus, Master in charge of new trainees (which seems to be the position to be in if you wanna get your D/s HEA ;}), finds himself in charge of a sas
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
Jan 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Romantic BDSM lovers!!
Recommended to I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) by: Cyn Mistress Kitty
Cherise Sinclair has a wonderful way of combining just the right amount of bondage and domination with romantic elements that appeal to the more "vanilla" reader. I think this is a great series for a reader who is curious about BDSM because it is very light on the edgier side of the scene--humiliation for instance.

This fifth book in the series was quite a bit longer than the others. IMO, Make Me, Sir was heavier on the romance between the oh-so-delicious Master Marcus and his stubborn trainee, G
Duchess Nicole
The first five star in the series for me! Of course, there were still some parts that made me squirm and not in a good way! Throwin' around BJs is just not my idea of a turn on. And damn you, ginger root! I'll never cook Chinese food without thinking of Master Marcus...who by the way, is now tied with Master Nolan as my favorite Dom in my very limited D/s reading experience. He had a great sense of humor, which he really needed with his sub. Every time I heard , "Sir's lips twitched, then he roa ...more
~Vixhen~
Feb 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Welcome back to Shadowlands boys and girls - where the Doms will render you speechless and make you glad you came.

Gabi, a submissive social worker, goes undercover in the club for the for FBI. Apparently someone is abducting bratty subs from local BDSM clubs. Her friend was among those taken so she has major stake in this mission. She is paired with Master Marcus, and the heat between these two.. well, let's just say the sex was hot enough to start a fire on top of a glacier.

Gabi relished her b
Vic
Nov 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, reviewed, erotica, bdsm
4.5: I really loved this book. It was a great addition to this series. I loved Gabi's spunk and personality and how Marcus tended to her. I liked the suspense portion of the book as well. I LOL'd at many of Gabi's pithy insults to be bratty: Gabi to Marcus "I can't believe out of one hundred thousand sperm, you were the fastest!"

As always, nice to see the other masters and subs from this series as well.
NiteReader
May 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite Cherise Sinclair Shadowlands book. Lots of fun, suspense, laughter and heat! 5 glorious stars!
Lula Pantoofle
The story if undercover FBI councillor Gabi and Lawyer dom Marcus. She has to act as a decoy in his BDSM club. He thinks she’s a trainee sub with a bad attitude.

This was quite a fun read. I liked how Gabi had to keep thinking up bratty insults in order to tempt the killer.

This is my first book by this author. I think I’ll be reading more.

There were a few rough bits though. Gabi has a history of abuse which comes up a few times. Marcus tries to help her with her issues. It felt like it worked w
Deviant Divas
Mar 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loose-id
A feisty redhead social worker with a little bit of submissive play experience under her garter belt, a courtly Dom with a black belt in martial arts, a bumbling FBI agent, and a gang of ruthless kidnappers. What do they have in common? Nothing, unless you are author Cherise Sinclair with “Make Me, Sir,” the fifth installment in her wickedly crafted Masters of the Shadow lands series. In this erotic thriller, someone is kidnapping submissives from bondage Clubs all over the Southeast. Gabrielle, ...more
Fav. bratty comment from Gabi 3 86 Jul 07, 2013 08:57PM

• Just For You, Sir (Doms of Decadence, #1)
  • Submitting to the Lawyer (Cowboy Doms, #4)
  • Forever Yours, Sir (Doms of Decadence, #2)
  • The Men with the Golden Cuffs (Masters and Mercenaries, #2)
  • Doms of Dark Haven (Truckee Wolves #2; Hawkeye #2.5; Mountain Masters & Dark Haven #1.5)
  • Submitting to the Doctor (Cowboy Doms, #7)
  • Nobody's Angel (Rescue Me Saga, #1)
  • Submitting to Two Doms (Cowboy Doms, #5)
  • The Dom Who Loved Me (Masters and Mercenaries, #1)
  • Wicked Ties (Wicked Lovers, #1)
  • A Taste of Sir (Doms of Decadence, #6)
  • Make Me, Sir (Doms of Decadence, #5)
  • Masters at Arms (Rescue Me Saga, #0.5)
  • Submitting to the Rancher (Cowboy Doms, #1)
  • Sinfully Yours, Sir (Doms of Decadence, #4)
  • Submitting to the Cowboy (Cowboy Doms Book 3)
  • Reveal Me, Sir (Doms of Decadence, #9)
  • Cherished (Masters and Mercenaries, #7.5)
A New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, she’s renowned for writing heart-wrenching romances with laugh-out-loud dialogue, alpha males, and absolutely sizzling sex.

I met my dearheart when vacationing in the Caribbean. Now I won’t say it was love at first sight. Actually since he stood over me, enjoying the view down my swimsuit top, I might have been a tad peeved—as well as attracted. Bu

Masters of the Shadowlands (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Club Shadowlands (Masters of the Shadowlands, #1)
  • Dark Citadel (Masters of the Shadowlands, #2)
  • Breaking Free (Masters of the Shadowlands, #3)
  • Lean on Me (Masters of the Shadowlands, #4)
  • To Command and Collar (Masters of the Shadowlands, #6)
  • This is Who I Am (Masters of the Shadowlands, #7)
  • If Only (Masters of the Shadowlands, #8)
  • Show Me, Baby (Masters of the Shadowlands #8.5)
  • Servicing the Target (Masters of the Shadowlands, #10)
  • Protecting His Own (Masters of the Shadowlands, #11)

News & Interviews

“Gabi to Marcus "I can't believe out of one hundred thousand sperm, you were the fastest!” 223 likes
“Impertinent submissive,” Raoul snapped, and his dark brown eyes turned mean. “Nothing new for this one. You're doing a lousy job of bringing her to heel, Marcus.”
“Bring me to heel? Like I'm a dog?” Without thinking, Gabi instinctively yanked away and snapped out, “Bite me.”
67 likes