Start by marking “The Scars” as Want to Read:
The Scars

Read eBook

The Scars

3.2  ·  Rating details ·  107 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
If your future is written on your palms, can you change it by scarring your hands? Peter has lost the love of his life, Mags is a young girl broken by abuse, Bernard has a glint in his eye and a slur in his soul and Emma is powered by a hidden past. In 'The Scars' we find life, loss, beauty, darkness, desire and violence. In 'The Scars' we find the saddest of loves.
Nook, 0 pages
Published October 3rd 2010 by Tennant, William

To ask other readers questions about The Scars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Scars

Dana
Jan 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindled, read-in-2012
Tracy Walters
Nov 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book was an interesting read all the way thru.....the ending had me squirming a bit and trying to figure out the bad guy was a bit crazy for me to figure out. There is abuse.....death.....heartbreak....sadness....happiness.....mystery....and other interesting things that are all pulled together to make a very involving story with interesting and strange characters. Once I started reading the book it was hard to put down....not bad for a free book!
Stephanie
Mar 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Talented writing, enough so that I finished a story that I didn't like. The ordinary is interwoven with tragedy in a believable way. Not comfortable reading material and I would love to hear this author's voice in a more redemptive story but he captures a truth about our world that shows his talent. The writing put life into the patchwork that it is.
Kevin Basil
Mar 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Let me start off by saying that this is a very good story about loss, longing, desire, and tragedy. The story follows Peter, a man who just lost someone very close to him, as he journeys through his life trying to keep it together. It is a story about a broken man just trying to keep going when the pain threatens to destroy him. This is a great story about his journey, the connections he makes, and the people he meets. The story is written very well and the characters are well developed.

However,
Katie
Jul 14, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The prelude to this book is kind of misleading... Here is how it actually goes for the 738 ereader pages:
Chapters 1&2 Touching
Chapters 3-10 stage setting and border line dull. Nothing really happens
Chapters 10 - 50 pages left in the book - kind of disturbing
Last 50 pages - pretty exciting and this is where the prelude comes in...

So if you read the prelude and you think the whole book will be that way, it is not. Now, this book was bad per se, just kind of slow in middle. It was interesting
Matt Schiariti
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't often write reviews these days, but I wanted to leave a few quick words about this novel.

The only things that kept this from earning a five star were the odd interludes in between the chapters for the first three quarters of the book and some, sorry to say, rather bad copy editing; grammar, punctuation, formatting, etc, which took me out of the story more often than necessary.

But putting the technical and editing issues aside, the writing is top notch, and you get a gripping and engross
Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton
This was good, but difficult for me to read as there was a lot of violence and implied sexual violence in the storyline. It was a hard read for me, partly because I was too caught up in the story to easily set it aside and yet it was really uncomfortable for my pysche to continue reading it. I am pretty sure I will have nightmares from this one, but perhaps it's a bit more horror than to my tastes. Well written, just not to my personal tastes
Jen
Dec 26, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: didn-t-finish, kindle
P.A.
Aug 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
No matter how deeply wounded you think you are, there is always someone with a wound that is deeper. This book allows the reader to see that no matter how much control you think you have, there is always an outside force that truly has control. A little on the slow side, draggy in spots but overall a good reading experience.
Katie Corbin
Jun 03, 2012 rated it did not like it
This book was disturbing and disgusting, and not at all in a good way. It was just downright TERRIBLE and made me sick. I couldn't even finish it. It is well written, but the story is just so messed up and so... frightening that it was too much to stomach. I would absolutely hate to meet this author, to say the least. I'm kinda terrified of him based off this extremely f'd up book.
Simon C
Apr 17, 2011 rated it liked it
Generally enjoyed it but felt the second half didn't quite live up to the first. The ending was nicely done if the lead up to it wasn't entirely convincing for me. Tennant is certainly someone to look out for.
Jack
Feb 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
I was impressed with the writing and characterisation in this tale of ordinary people dealing with difficult life events. The "thriller" element was subtle but built to a great ending.
Donna Thomas
Jun 18, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance, deep-story
Total waste of time what was the point of this book?
Karen Whittard
Nov 27, 2014
Lisa Garcia
Apr 28, 2012
Amber Davis
rated it did not like it
May 02, 2013
Tracy A Rhymer
Oct 01, 2014
Crystal Harper
Definately not how I thought it would be. A little disturbing.
Dawn Bonnefond
Jan 08, 2014
Melissa
Jul 24, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Lights, Camera...Monsters (Monsters in Hollywood, #1)
  • The Devil & Venus di Milo (Witches Anonymous, #0.5)
  • On Falcon's Wings
  • The Deadliest Sin
  • Haunted (Witch Hunt #1)
  • Saying Goodbye to the Sun
  • A Scandalous Past (Scandalous, #5)
  • A New Birth of Freedom: The Visitor
  • Forgotten Soul (Soul Searchers, #1)
  • Royal Wisdom: The Most Daft, Cheeky, and Brilliant Quotes from Britain's Royal Family
  • Nate (Devils on Horseback,  #1)
  • The Mistress' House
  • The Hunger
  • Scream Angel
  • Vanquished (The Roxbury Trilogy, #1)
  • What the Dead Fear
  • Base Nature
  • No Rest for the Wicked
I'm a 30 something writer, always working on the next thing.
My first book, 'The Scars', has just been released on Kindle.
I have podcasted 'The Scars', and another book 'The Sins of the Fathers'.
I also have a couple of randomly updated blogs.
Sometimes I sing funny songs.
Links to me doing all these things can be found on my website.
More about William Tennant...