Start by marking “Fox in Socks, Bricks and Blocks” as Want to Read:
Fox in Socks, Bricks and Blocks

Fox in Socks, Bricks and Blocks (Beginner Books B-38)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  44,407 Ratings  ·  1,089 Reviews
Knox in box. Fox in socks.
Knox on fox in socks in box.

This latest addition to the Dr. Seuss Nursery Collection will tickle tongues and fingers. Selected tongue twisters from Dr. Seuss's classic Fox in Socks with touch and feel tabs let children touch the fluffy chick, the scratchy brick, the sticky blue goo, and more in this sturdy board book! Playful rhymes and interactiv
Novelty Book, 14 pages
Published May 24th 2011 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published 1965)

To ask other readers questions about Fox in Socks, Bricks and Blocks, please sign up.

Sandra Deckard are these free book for kids to read

Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Either 1 Star or 5 Stars depending on how many times you've been forced to read it/how many glasses of wine you've had to drink

Palm Springs commercial photography

Any sportsball fans in the house? If so you’ll know that meme is 100% accurate. However, since today is Dr. Seuss’ birthday I’m here to talk about a different annoying sound – that which comes from discovering what the fox says . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography

Wrong again, but it’s almost as aggravating. In case you are someone who is
Willow
Dec 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This is my favorite Dr. Suess book of all time. That’s because my mom couldn’t read it. I mean...she could read most of it. But when she got to the Bim bends Ben’s broom, she’d start tripping up. Then she’d start to laugh, and she laughed so hard a couple of times tears came to her eyes. I loved my mom’s laughter. Consequently, I used to pick up this book almost every night. I think she hid it for a while.

So can YOU read this out loud?

Bim comes.
Ben comes.
Bim brings Ben broom.
Ben brings Bim broo
Mohsin Maqbool
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dr. Seuss will drive you crazy with his silly questions. But then they might be clever too in a wicked sort of way through the mouth of his cool-as-cucumber characters.

image: description

Once again a book full of wild, wild, wild tongue twisters. Read and go mad. Make your children go mad too for a day. Nothing wrong with it.

image: description

Fox in Socks
Truly Rocks.
Socks on Rocks,
Box in Socks,
Rocks in Box,
Socks on Fox.
This is one book that is richer
Than Goldfinger's Fort Knox.
If you say right each tongue twister
You
James
Jul 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
‘Dr Seuss’ being the pen name under which Theodor Seuss Geisel wrote (taking his middle name and making full use of his Oxford University PhD in English literature) was the American born grandson of German immigrants to the US.

Beginning his career in the late 1920’s as an illustrator and cartoonist, it wasn’t until nearly 30 years later that Seuss produced his classic series of children’s books that so many of us know and love.

Never having the benefit of the books of Dr Seuss when I was a chil
midnightfaerie
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
This is one of our favorite Dr. Seuss books. One of the best tongue twister books I've ever read. We've read it several times and for some reason the six sick part always messes me up. I'm pretty smooth up until then. The more I read out loud to my kids, the more I realize I read ahead. I see a word and digest it, then as I'm saying it out loud, I'm already reading the next couple of words. With this book, that's difficult to do, because I often have to go back a word or two because I've forgott ...more
Peter Meredith
May 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Because Mockingjay was so intellectually vapid and emotionally bland I have to work my way back into books. Thus: Fox in Socks! He's a clever fox you know.
Bekah AwesomeBookNut
one of my kids favorites, they love having me try to read it and then read it fast. TONGUE TWISTERS!
Andre Gonzalez
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
fun tongue twisting read!
Allison
I don't know what to rate this book!!!

I read this aloud to a 3-year-old I was babysitting, and I died.

At the beginning of the book, it says "danger." I should have been warned... "Fox in Socks" is a book full of tongue twisters, and long too. My mouth died. 62 times for 62 pages.
Philip
Mar 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
The Seuss I read tonight...

I'm going to start reading this every night. And I'm going to time myself. My new goal in life is to always beat my previous best time. Ambitious, I know. I read it to my daughters 3 times tonight, each time faster than the last. What a rush.

I'll tell you what's messing me up... It's those brooms that Ben and Bim are carring around. They're REALLY bugging me.
Josiah
Apr 09, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book will either help emerging readers be better able to pronounce potentially confusing words, or drive them insane. I experienced a little of both! I do remember having fun while this was read to me, though.
King Ævil
Aug 19, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Fox in Socks, Dr. Seuss poses a treacherous, but delightful linguistic challenge for adults and children alike. It is also the only work by the famous children's author prefaced with a warning: "This book is DANGEROUS!" Through a series of vignettes on diverse subjects, Dr. Seuss melds his trademark silliness with near-lethal tongue twisters, including a variant on the infamous "The sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick."

Fox in Socks offers lots of opportunities for grownups. Read it in bed w
Adam
Jul 29, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: worst enemy
Shelves: evil-kids-books
This is an evil kid's book, for sure. Pick it up and you'll be condemned to a near eternity of grueling tongue twisters. And your kid will love it... Not because it's one of Seuss's masterpieces, but because he or she will enjoy watching you sweat like a hog as you labor from page to page and go purple in the face while you silently (with any luck) curse yourself for buying the thing.

[shelf: evil-kids-books]
Faith-Anne
Jan 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: every child
This book could be my childhood. I remember many evenings that my brother & I would choose "Fox in Socks" for our nightly bedtime read.
Claire (Book Blog Bird)
Aah...a classic. It's impossible to read the tweetle beetle bottle battle out loud without dissolving into giggles.
Sergiy
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
paddle battle!
Margit Sage
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone.
Recommended to Margit by: I would guess my mom bought this one for me...
My favorite book, ever. When I was youngest, I would ask my brother to read it out loud to me. When I was older, I would read it to myself, trying to memorize the rhythmic poetry of the crazy fox's shenanigans. Maybe this is why there's a talking fox in my second novel? Hmm.... pieces of the puzzle fit together.
Anthony Eskridge
I have accomplished many amazing things in my life, and I will be honest, reading this book was one of the hardest of them! If you are up for the challenging rhymes of the AMAZING Dr.Seuss, than this book is for you!
Laura (Book Scrounger)
This was a book I was sure I'd get tired and annoyed with after repeated readings, but somehow I haven't. It has enough different "scenes" and characters to keep the book moving and interesting (unlike Green Eggs and Ham), and it's enough of a challenge that I enjoy seeing how well I can read the tongue twisters without feeling like I'm being tortured. Mr. Knox was a brilliant addition though. He serves as my uptight inner critic who doesn't entirely want to be there, but can't seem to tear hims ...more
Carter
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was hard but fun to read because of all the rhyming words. I think all readers would enjoy this book. My favorite part is..."We'll find something new to do now. Here is lots of blue goo now. New goo. Blue goo. Gooey. Gooey. Blue goo. New goo. Gluey. Gluey. Gooey goo for chewy chewing! That's what that Goo-Goose is doing. Do you choose to chew goo, too, sir? If, sir, you, sir, choose to chew sir, with the Goo-Goose, chew, sir. Do, sir." That is REALLY HARD to say! (A special thanks to m ...more
Erin
Feb 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Clearly written on a day in which Dr. Seuss was annoyed by the wild, shrieking, running children who so often inhabit public places, Seuss has here his sweet, cranky revenge.

It's awful to read and it never gets easier, and it never gets less funny to the kid to hear their parent stumble over the words.

"Six sick bricks tick. Six sick chicks tock."

There was no need for that Seuss, none. I control my offspring in public places. Why punish us all?
Shahrun
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a real tongue twisting, head busting, frantic rhyming story that only Dr Seuss could possible get away with. I love the full colour artwork, slightly more vibrant than his other work that I remember reading, so far...
Kirren Wilson
Mar 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Going back and reading this as a mum is so different from how I remember this book as a child.
Not a good choice for a very tired mummy!! It slowed me down when I wanted to speed up!! Lots of fun to read. My little treasure loves it.
Shaina
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the most fun Seuss books to read aloud, in my humble opinion.
Diana Godwin
Mar 19, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Reading this book out loud is torture. Reading it 18 times in a row to a 3 year old is unspeakable. I think he wrote this book as a cruel prank toward parents.
Coach D
Mommy was feeling pretty smug about her tongue twister skills for the first few pages, but things went south quickly.
Lucy
May 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: my gramas
Recommended to Lucy by: mom
Dr.seuss teaches us lesons. In this book he teaches us that we,re not dumb no body is.If you can,t read this book aloud your not dumb.
Neda
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really amazing tongue twister :)
John Yelverton
Jul 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book from the brilliant mind of Dr. Seuss.
Josh
Mar 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fox in Socks by Dr. Seuss, is a story about a red fox in sock, playing a game of “lethal” tongue twisters with Mr. Knox. As the story progresses, the tongue twisters keep getting more complex and Mr. Knox keeps getting more frustrated. Being the understanding fox the red fox in sock is, he tries to help Mr. Knox find a tongue twister suited for him.
I remember reading this as a child but don’t remember it giving me such a big headache. To be honest, I don’t even think I was able to read this back
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Double Dare
  • Busy, Busy Town
  • On Beyond Bugs (Cat In The Hat's Learning Library)
  • Puff, the Magic Dragon
  • Elephants Cannot Dance! (Elephant & Piggie, #9)
  • I Just Forgot (Little Critter)
  • Oh say can you say di-no-saur?
  • Birthday Monsters!
  • Chester the Worldly Pig
  • The Travels of Babar
More about Dr. Seuss...

Beginner Books (1 - 10 of 76 books)
  • The Cat in the Hat
  • The Cat in the Hat Comes Back
  • A Fly Went by (Beginner Books(R))
  • The Big Jump and Other Stories
  • A Big Ball of String
  • Sam and the Firefly
  • You Will Go to the Moon
  • Cowboy Andy
  • The Whales Go By (Beginner Books)
  • Stop that Ball!

“When beetles fight these battles in a bottle with their paddles
and the bottle's on a poodle and the poodle's eating noodles...
...they call this a muddle puddle tweetle poodle beetle noodle
bottle paddle battle.”
1718 likes
“Don't give up! I believe in you all.
A person's a person, no matter how small!
And you very small persons will not have to die
If you make yourselves heard! So come on, now, and TRY!”
50 likes