Start by marking “Lost Love Found (O'Malley Saga, #5)” as Want to Read:
Lost Love Found (O'Malley Saga, #5)

Lost Love Found (O'Malley Saga #5)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  1,474 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Despite her breathtaking appearance at Queen Elizabeth's court, Valentina's innocence was shattered when she discovered that her true father may have been the lusty Sultan Murad of Istanbul. Needing to learn more, she set sail for the East in a dangerous erotic journey toward the truth....
"Bertrice Small creates cover-to-cover passion, a keen sense of history and suspense.
Published October 13th 1991 by Ballantine Books (first published 1989)

Barbara ★
I had a feeling that I wasn't going to like this book and boy was I right. It had way too many pages of boring Court intrigue (or lack of intrigue) and political shenanigans having nothing to do with Valentina. And Valentina herself was wishy-washy. I really couldn't find anything to like about her or either of her suitors. Both were overly aggressive and had no respect for a lady, not that Valenina acted like one. This book takes place in 1601 where chastity was a virtue. Granted Valenina was a ...more
Carol Storm
Feb 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Valentina is Sky O'Malley's great-niece, and like the family matriarch she has an independent spirit and a voluptuous body. She is beloved by Queen Elizabeth but goes eastward to experience all the possible forms of sexual pleasure a woman can know before finding her true love at last.

All this sounds pretty terrible, doesn't it? But Bertrice Small has a way of making Val more human and more engaging than most romance novel heroines. There's a section about life at the royal court where Elizabet
Bella
Nov 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
Good enough story with the lovely & beautiful ending that we are so used to from Mrs. Small. The only thing is that Valentina could be very annoying with her stubbornness & "I-am-my-own-mistress" kind of attitude which got her into too much trouble. But I guess the fact that I feel so strong about it tells you what a great job Mrs. Small did with her character. All in all, I love her heroines and their happy endings!
Mona
Aug 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Beatrice Small is one of my favorite authors of Romance. She knows how to tell a story to make you laugh and cry all a tthe same time. She makes you fall in love with the heroes and heroines and absolutely loath the villans. She is truely amazing and you would be entranced to read any one of her books. I know I am! I can't wait for her new ones to come out!
Jen
Jody Austin
Jul 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Valentina is my favorite heroine in the O'Malley series and more like Skye than Skye's offspring. When Valentina goes to court to serve Elizabeth I, Bertrice Small's writing broke my heart. Mrs. Small's exceptional writing and incredible detail showed me how the lively days of courtlife in Elizabeth's youth had dramatically changed and had become a somber place as Elizabeth approached her last days. When a family secret is revealed, Valentina shows us her adventurous spirit and heads East! Her a ...more
Anne
Dec 23, 2015 rated it did not like it
Once upon a time I loved these "bodice rippers". But several (many) years on, it just frustrated me. In this case I found the story of the heroine was interrupted too many times by the detailed history of both the time (which seemed well researched and was interesting for it's own sake) and the family (as this was Book #5 in the O'Malley series). I skipped to the end.
Lindsay
Jul 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Always good reads, but often quite similar to previous ones. Good to read a few then take a break for other works then come back in a few months for more.
Lexus
May 17, 2017 rated it liked it
3 stars
I finished this pretty quickly which surprises me, since I have been in book reading rut,
veronian
Feb 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
compared to skye o'malley, the con air and nicolas cage of romance novels, this is nicolas cage going to the oscars. this is somehow the least laughable of the series and that's saying a lot given the events of this book. actually pretty satisfying!
Suanne
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, erotica
There are six books in the Skye O'Malley series; too many words, too much gratuitous unimaginative sex, too little story, getting progressively worse through the series.
Jackie Winters
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lost Love Found

Bertrice Small is amazing in her O'Malley saga. There is a combination of English History, love and Eastern customs. So much intrigue.
Maryann Korzeniewski
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Story of Skye's niece Valentina.
Sandra
Jun 08, 2014
Pam Bruhl
Oct 15, 2014
love spells caster call profgaza1 1 1 Sep 13, 2017 11:01AM
POWERFUL LOST LOVE SPELLS CASTER CALL KELVIN +27765985740 1 4 Dec 26, 2012 03:41AM
  • Desired
  • Nightsong
  • Devil's Daughter (Devil, #2)
  • The Cityscape Series (The Cityscape, #1-3)
  • Dark Before the Rising Sun (Dominick, #3)
  • Lost Love, Last Love (Brandon-Morgan #3)
  • The Black Swan
  • Love's Tender Fury (Marietta Danver Trilogy, #1)
Bertrice Williams was born on December 9, 1937 in Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA, the daughter of Doris S. and David R. Williams, both broadcasters. She studied at Attended Western College for Women and Katharine Gibbs Secretarial School. On October 5, 1963, she married George Sumner Small, a photographer and designer with a History Major at Princeton. They had a son Thomas David. She liv ...more
More about Bertrice Small...

O'Malley Saga (6 books)
  • Skye O'Malley (O'Malley Saga, #1)
  • All the Sweet Tomorrows (O'Malley Saga #2)
  • A Love for All Time (O'Malley Saga, #3)
  • This Heart of Mine (O'Malley Saga, #4)
  • Wild Jasmine (O'Malley Saga #6)

“The gentlemen like it when a lady smells sweet.” 21 likes
“Did you not take the opportunity to bathe, gentlemen?" Valentina questioned them, trying to take her mind off her body, which felt unusually sensitive in this sultry climate. The silk of her gown seemed to rub against her nipples with every breath.” 2 likes