Start by marking “Stranded with Her Ex” as Want to Read:
Stranded with Her Ex

Stranded with Her Ex

An exotic wildlife preserve is a dream come true for conservation biologist Daniela Flores. Until she finds out her ex-husband is leading the research team. World-famous shark expert Sean Carmichael has only grown more ruggedly appealing in the time they were apart...the passion between them more intense than ever. But how could Daniela forgive Sean for betraying her when ...more
Published March 29th 2011 by Harlequin Romantic Suspense (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Stranded with Her Ex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stranded with Her Ex

Preeti ♥︎ (Romance She Reads)
This was one selfish, unlikable H till the author flipped the story and the past to give us a ‘both equally at fault’ message. Okay well! I will believe the unbelievable, Ms. Sorenson because it’s your story to tell.

But still let me tell it as it unfolded..
**Spoilers all**
(view spoiler) ...more
Anne Boleyn's Ghost
Despite the fairly awful title (I get that fairly awful titles are par for the course with Harlequin, but still) I very much enjoyed Stranded with Her Ex, an engrossing and emotional second-chance romantic suspense story.

I love a second-chance romance when done well. BUT. I’m more than a little picky in my judgment of what constitutes “well”. One reason? Well, I frankly struggle to believe in a couple's HEA when, following a break-up, one half immediately dashes out to paint the town red with h
Saly
This book was highly enjoyable. I enjoy a well done second-chance romance, and the unusual setting added to my enjoyment. How often does one see a shark island and danger?

Sean and Danielle were married and loved each other immensely when Danielle who was 8 months pregnant got into an accident and lost the baby and drowned herself in grief even to the extent of shutting Sean down. Unable to reach her, they divorced each letting each other go for different reasons.

Danielle
Tianna✸loves books✸
What the hell?
I call such guys loser,cheater, as*hole, coward and rotten eggs.

(view spoiler)

What the hell?
I call such guys loser,cheater, as*hole, coward and rotten eggs.

(view spoiler)

From the above review, one thing is clear that this MESS.
Huge f*cking mess.
Paige
May 20, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-books
The pain and sorrow of losing their daughter in a car accident while 8 months pregnant broke the marriage of Sean Carmichael and Daniela Flores. Suffering from the trauma, Daniela closed herself from everyone including her husband. Despite counseling, they both gave up and called it quits on their marriage.

Now over a year later, they meet again on a research island, where he is studying the sharks and she the sea lions. Knowing how rough and horrifying things can get on the island, S
Emily Crow
This was a really short book, so it was over before I had time to make up my mind about it. I think my overall impression is 2.5 stars, rounded up to three.

The story is about a marine biologist, Daniela, who goes to a remote island off the coast of California to study sea lions. She is dismayed to find her ex-husband, Sean--a shark expert--already in residence. The two drifted apart and eventually got divorced after she suffered a tragic automobile accident, in which she almost died
Fiona Marsden
Nov 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
I picked this up after a discussion on Twitter about reunions where the couple are faithful even though separated for some time. I can never resist that trope. Especially in this case where the couple obviously still have strong feelings for each other but a tragedy in the past has torn them apart.

I don't read a lot of suspense because really I'm about the romance. The romance between Sean and Dani was lovely. Seeing Sean in a clinch with Taryn the first time she sees him in a year t
Penny Watson
Aug 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Grade: A-

The resolution was just a tad too rushed. Otherwise, I LOVED this book! It has man-eating sharks, a hot Filipino dude cooking lumpia, a rekindled romance, a deranged lunatic on an island, lots of suspense and hot chemistry going on.

LOVED! I couldn't put it down.
Katrina
Apr 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Lura (The Life of Serendipity)
Mar 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone that loves a good Romantic Suspense!
Just got done with this book and decided to write a review! Now your probably wondering why did I rated it what I did. Well I'll get to that in my review so just hold tight and you'll soon see why I gave it four stars. Now on with the review!

Trouble in paradise?

Ren Puspita
Mar 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of emotional story and second chance
I won Stranded with Her Ex from the author herself, Jill Sorenson. And maybe I sound biased but I swear this review is honest, lol! I'm rarely reading Harlequin novels. And when it come to this famous romance publisher, I usually reading Nocturne imprint (since I'm PNR junkie), HQN (some of my favorite authors is HQN authors) and Mira. Even I think Harlequin Blaze which are books with the hotness scale is top off the chart sometimes can be boring. And don't forget that some of Harlequin lines su ...more
Jane Stewart
Apr 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
3 stars. An enjoyable way to spend time. A divorced couple meets again, deals with grief and now a killer.

STORY BRIEF:
A group of researchers study wildlife on the Farallon Islands west of San Francisco. Sean is a great white shark researcher. Daniela arrives to spend six weeks studying sea lions. Neither one knows the other will be on the island. They were married for five years and then divorced about a year ago. The divorce was due to Daniela’s grief and emotional withdrawal
Zja
Jul 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, reviewed
I don't usually expect much from category romance apart from an entertaining story. Stranded With Her Ex bucked the trend! I hate that I subconsciously must believe the negative press that the romance genre receives, but somehow I still feel surprised when I come across a romance novel that rates high on all the levels of novel appreciation, especially if it is a category romance. I am not a literature snob, far from it, but I seem to have soaked up some of those assumptions.

From the s
Megan
Mar 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
What a lovely surprise to find this in my TBR pile!
The day was rainy, and I wanted a series-like title to pop into. And just like good candy, this read satisfied and I closed the book with a sweet sigh.
It's not really romantic suspense, though one could argue the setting was the suspense part in itself. It's actually pretty amazing how atmostphere+some science+romance+friendships+pop culture/reality TV can all be packed and woven into a satisfying Harlequin series read. There are mysterio
Brandy
Sep 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
I received this book from the author from her newsletter giveaway. This is actually my first Jill Sorenson book and I have to say I really enjoyed it. It took everything I had in me not to flip to the back and see who the baddie was. I held out though and didn't ruin it for myself.

The setting is fan-freaking-tastic. Remote island. Sharks. Creepy house. Who wouldn't enjoy that?!

The characters are engaging. The hero and heroine's nerves, anxiety and shock at seeing each oth
Mombo
Wow! An excellent read and a perfect balance of romance and suspense. The way JS handled Daniela's past grief and hope for the future with Sean was wonderful. The suspense of being left behind on a remote island in a storm, no less, worked well to move the romance along as well as providing gripping suspense. A real page turner.

Maybe, in future books, JS can tell us what happened to the love lives of Jason, Taryn and Brent respectively. I'm hopeful!
Crystal
Intrigue, romance, AND sharks? How can a book go wrong. And, I apologize Ms. Sorenson, it was not anywhere near as lame as I had anticipated, being set on the Farallon Islands. Nicely done.
ms bookjunkie

Second chance romance. Competent but human characters. (Scientists!) Skilfully built up tension and emotions, wonderful description of setting and relationships. The suspense part layered up bit by bit, not overdone but not lacking. (It reminded me somehow of setting the stage in an Agatha Christie mystery—ordinary and everyday on the outside, buildup of various tensions under the surface.) I really enjoy and appreciate JS's writing. Emotionally satisfying.
Meg
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
This book had the perfect balance of suspense and romance! I thought the setting was pretty unique and made for some interesting situations. The characters were well thought out and I loved both Sean and Dani! I was surprised by a lot of the events in the novel and I loved that Sorenson was able to keep me on my toes throughout. The beginning was a little slow for me but otherwise I really enjoyed this quick read!

Longer review coming soon! :D
Home. Love. Books.
Sep 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
To read this review and others like it check out my site at www.homelovebooks.com

I have to admit that I love second chance romances, even more so when the couple in question used to be married, I don't know why but I love it when two people who used to be married can find the way back to each other, especially when its clear that the two people in question were truly in love with each other. This book fit perfectly into that, not just that though it had a great element of mystery to it that I really enjoyed and I'm
Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish)
Overall, I liked this book. I didn't think there were enough sharks. But, then, I love sharks. That was the big draw of this book for me. I'm someone who treats Shark Week like a week-long holiday so of course I'm going to want a good chunk of the book to be centered on them. Speaking of sharks, I question what happens at the end: (view spoiler) ...more
Cindy
Feb 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
For a Harlequin Romantic Suspense - this was a really good book..

Daniela Flores is chosen to go to a exotic wildlife preserve to study Sea Lions. The island is also famous for its shark infestation. Daniela is just getting back to life after a horrible accident.

There are two shark experts on the island along with a man filming a documentary and a intern and a bird conservationist. Turns out one of the shark experts is her ex husband Sean Carmichael.

There was extreme heartbreak in Dani and Sea
Lady Lioness
I don't know what to rate this. I'll be honest, I decided to read this book for two reasons: 1) It was nominated for a RITA and 2) My March count is really low and I knew I could knock out series titles right quick.

I think the main problem I'm having is that I feel like the suspense part was kinda shoe-horned in. In fact, I thought one of the characters was making a logical progression towards being the Big Bad, but then, all of a sudden, somebody else had, like, a psychotic break and started g
Carrie
3.5* rounding up for goodreads.

I picked this book up thinking it would be a light romantic suspense plot. I was in for a surprise when what I got was a serious and emotional story of divorced couple who end up working at the same remote animal research outpost. Both are still suffering the effects of a tragedy that tore apart their marriage a little over a year before the book opens. Sorenson does a great job showing not only the tension between Daniela and Sean, but how that tension
Rebecca Crowley
Jan 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Enjoyed the suspense, but found the timeline and backstory confusing. Also I thought it was weird that the heroine would voluntarily go to the same location where she knew her ex-husband was when a major tragedy happened, and (a) not expect him to be there and (b) not seem to realize that he had been there at the time.

That said, the romance was believable, enjoyable, and progressed nicely. The heroine was sympathetically flawed, and the hero was convincingly strong yet sensitive. The
Jen
Sep 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I didn't think too much of the novels in the Harlequin suspense line, but that was before I started actually reading some. And they were good. But this one is way BETTER. I loved the nuance of the characters, each person had depth and just enough intrigue to keep me invested. And the exploration of Daniela and Sean's troubled relationship was grounded in realism and tension. Loved the angst. The thriller element was deftly laced in as the story progressed but it resolved a bit too conveniently a ...more
Anja Braun
May 22, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense-romance
I actually enjoyed this book. Daniela is going to the Farallon Islands to do research on sea lions..Unfortuantely she notices her ex-husband is also on the island(doing research on sharks) Ever since her accident she has pulled farther and farther away from him..She couldn't deal with her grief over their daughter's death..I liked it because they dealt with real problems and it ended in a realistic fashion..It kept me interested and you learn what not to do when you are in the water and you see ...more
Kate
Mar 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
I generally like Jill Sorenson's romantic suspense (a high compliment since I'm usually not a RS fan) in her full-length books. This reunion story suffered a little due to the shorter format, but still packed an emotional punch where the hero/heroine were concerned. The only thing lacking was the actual suspense and other plot points due again to the format, as well as some gory descriptions which I usually gloss over in her books. But I still think she's a great RS author. 3.5 stars.
Mar 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Another awesome use of setting. I love how both the hero and heroine are allowed to be emotional without them their emotions being seen as week. And this may be one of the few romances out there where the "a conversation would solve all their problems, why don't they just have one!" is a totally valid conflict.
Monica
Daniela is a conservation biologist and she has the chance of lifetime. You start out in this story not knowing her past. Slowly the past is explained and you learn that she is on this island and so is her ex. I felt it was drawn out and slow moving at first. When I got towards the end I didn't want to put the book down. You needed to build up the characters and to get to know them better.

• The Hometown Hero Returns (Home to Harbor Town, #1)
  • Millionaire's Last Stand (Small Town Scandals #1)
  • Bound By Moonlight (Moonlight, #4)
  • The Covert Wolf (Phoenix Force, #1)
  • His Wife for One Night
  • Suddenly You (Porter Siblings, #2)
  • Once a Ferrara Wife... (Ferrara, #1)
  • A Sicilian Marriage
  • Absolution (Suspense Series, #5)
  • A Heartless Marriage
  • Protecting the Pregnant Witness  (The Precinct: SWAT #3; The Precinct #15)
  • To Honor (R&R, #1)
  • Sex, Lies and Mistletoe (Undercover Operatives, #1)
  • Bedded for Diamonds (Bennett 2)
  • The S Before Ex
  • Bought for Marriage
  • Bring Him Home (Special Forces, #3)
Jill Sorenson is the RITA-nominated author of more than a dozen novels, including the Aftershock series with HQN. She lives in the San Diego area with her husband and daughters.