Start by marking “The Blades of the Rose Bundle” as Want to Read:
The Blades of the Rose Bundle

The Blades of the Rose Bundle

(The Blades of the Rose #1-4)

Zoe Archer’s BLADES OF THE ROSE series—featuring dashing men and fearless women—is finally together in one complete bundle!

Warrior -- Book One

The vicious attack Capt. Gabriel Huntley witnesses in a dark alley sparks a chain of events that will take him to the ends of the Earth and beyond--where what is real and what is imagined become terribly confused. And frankly, Huntle
Published December 1st 2010 by Zebra Books (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Blades of the Rose Bundle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blades of the Rose Bundle

Melindeeloo
Nov 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loaned
I have really loved reading Zoe Archer's Blades of the Rose. Her series is a wonderful combination of adventure and romance, sprinkled with a touch of magic and a bit of sex, set in gorgeous locales in a time gone by. The overarching theme involves the noble members of the Blades of the Rose finding love even as they fight to prevent the elitist Heirs of Albion who are intent on stealing magical artifacts and accumulating enough magical power to install England as the world's supreme power.

In W
Mar 03, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I ended up sort of all over the place on these four books. I loathed Warrior, mostly enjoyed Scoundrel, was iffy on Rebel, and am not looking likely to finish Stranger.

I think what it comes down to in the end is that there are certain tropes I can't stand in my romances - they don't make the books bad per se, as they might work beautifully for another romance reader, but they bore me to tears. Regrettably, Zoe Archer's books are full of things that drive me crazy, for example: the overbearing l
M. L. Valard
Warrior: 3 stars.
Historical fantasy romance and an interesting enough premise for the overall plot that it kept me reading and encouraged me to continue on to the next book. I enjoyed the location (Mongolia) and the characters. The concept for the world is a great deal of fun.
Scoundrel: 3.5 stars.
I thought this was even more interesting than the previous book. Again, a fun location (Greek Isles) and an interesting story line. I found both the main characters engaging enough.
Rebel: 3 stars.
I like
Susan
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read these individually when they were first released in 2010. They were my favorite books by this author, with smart, strong-willed women, and men who appreciated their intelligence, not just their looks. Each couple is on a quest to save magic relics before they fall into the hands of the Heirs of England, who want to use them to claim power for their country over all others. There are adventures, exotic locations, magic and Really Bad Guys, plus just enough humor and sex. The H/H generally ...more
Lynn Rogers
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love of the Blades

The stories of the Blades and their loves was exhilarating because of the ever-changing locales and belief systems they encountered in their battles to save the world's Sources of magic from the single-minded Heirs of Albion. Adventure at its best. Highly recommended.
SandyKL
Jan 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
What can I say.. Fantastic, Great.. all..

I really enjoyed the story lines in each book.. Loved ALL THE CHARTERS... LOVED THAT all the books completed each mystery and kept you wanting to start the next book.. loved the ending.. Liked the time period.. all good..you will love reading each one but You will be ready for the next.. Enjoy all of them..
Cindy
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I got this 4 book bundle as a deal - $3.20 for 4 books seemed pretty good. I gave this series 4 stars, even though 2 of the books I felt were only 3 stars.
I think the whole series was worth reading. There were some eye rolling moments & a lot of contrivance throughout. All in all worth what I paid for it!
Patricia B Leahey
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an innovative series I loved each installment. The author was able to weave and braid together history with magic in a wonderful storytelling style. Each of the characters came alive and I loved how the characters from earlier installments in the successive stories.
Claire
Loved the series as a whole, and books 3 and 4 in particular. Rolicking good adventures, dashing heroes and ladies who can handle themselves in a dangerous situation. I rushed through all of these like a bag of tortilla chips.

Warrior: Good introduction to the world, the Blades and the Heirs. Vaginal Fantasy hnagout pick for September 2013 - yay, my birthday month! Very cinematic descriptions of the scenery and I could clearly picture in my head the places they were traveling and the people aroun
Lesli
Warrior: Funny, fast paced, entertaining. More adventure than romance....think Romancing the Stone, sort of.

Scoundrel: A lot like the first book slightly different characters. Slightly different mission. You have to be 100% willing to suspend your disbelief for nearly all of this series. Still, it's a light, entertaining read.

Rebel: Just like the first two. If you have read one you have read the rest...but they are each worthy of a little bit of time.

Stranger: Last of the series. Good, but long.
Jamie Saphow (Wolfer)
So far, the first book is ok. The dialogue is, occasionally, overly contrived, which is a usual occurrence in these types of novels. It's a bit more graphic than I expected, but not too ridiculous.
Ok, so I 'm about half way through the last book. I don't think I can finish it. Although the writing of the world inside the book is really great, the character interactions are too saccharin and I think I'm done with it. Not a terrible book but not a great one either.
Danielle
Jul 08, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, fluff
Someone I follow online described this series as Indiana Jones for Social Justice. . . and I wish it was. I think the romance aspects of the series ruined it for me (every book has a couple that gets together, with too detailed for my taste sex scenes). Especially since I wasn't expecting romance novels, which is basically what these are.
Francesca
This book (or set of books) had a really good premise and some sections that were extremely well written. I loved the setting, the concept but got completely overwhelmed by the sexual desire and overall 'gotta have him/her' to the point where I couldn't finish the book. I may some day, but right now, it's just too much near sex/actual sex to slog through.
Mica P.
Having such a tough time making it through the 1st of the novels in this series/collection that I may never make it to the next one... Yes, I have said it - too much sex and lust in this book. And not particularly good or exciting sex. It's sooo boring!!!
Julia
Oct 09, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vag-fan
finished warrior... magic indiana jones sounded AMAZING sadly it was not...
Shirah Pokusa
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love it!

This series has a ton of excitement and great character building. Wish there were more than 4 books!!! I would definitely read any more that came out!
Dara
Jan 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved these books! So much fun to read!
Marianne
Overall very enjoyable. The stories themselves were good, but I think my favourite part was the occasionally playful/humorous language.
Wench
The books are awesome. The cover art... I'm a little disappointed that we have a Native hero and a Black hero, and they both look preeeeeeeeeeeety damn pale on the covers.
Estara
Dec 11, 2010 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
I bought this as a regular ADE .epub at Books on Board.
Jujubee
What a action-packed, magical, historical, mythical romance series. WOW.
Maya
Apr 07, 2015
Madilyn Hawkins
Dec 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Shadowstorm (Shadow World, #6)
  • Belmary House Book Two
  • Angus (Connor Clan, #2.5)
  • Warrior Betrayed (Sons of the Zodiac, #3)
  • Mad About the Marquess (Highland Brides, #2)
  • Rules of Passion (Greentree Sisters, #2)
  • For the Love of Magic (Spellbound Falls, #5)
  • The Mech Who Loved Me (London Steampunk: The Blue Blood Conspiracy #2)
  • Stone Queen (Realm Immortal, #3)
  • A Dark Seduction (The Shields, #3)
  • Naura (Enigma #2)
  • Forever Faire - The Complete Series
  • Geared for Pleasure (Elemental Steam #1)
  • Community Service (Broken Mirrors, #3)
  • Wrecked (Iron Seas, #3.4)
  • Simmer All Night (Bad Luck Abroad, #1)
Zoë Archer is a RITA award-nominated romance author whose stories are about smart, capable heroines and the heroes who love them. She is the author of the acclaimed Blades of the Rose series, as well as the Hellraiser, and Nemesis Unlimited series, among others. She also writes Regency-set romances as Eva Leigh. Visit her on the Web at http://www.zoearcherbooks.com/

The Blades of the Rose (4 books)
  • Warrior (The Blades of the Rose, #1)
  • Scoundrel (The Blades of the Rose, #2)
  • Rebel (The Blades of the Rose, #3)
  • Stranger (The Blades of the Rose, #4)