Start by marking “Yu Yu Hakusho, Volume 3: In the Flesh (Yu Yu Hakusho, #3)” as Want to Read:
Yu Yu Hakusho, Volume 3: In the Flesh (Yu Yu Hakusho, #3)

Yu Yu Hakusho, Volume 3: In the Flesh

(Yu Yu Hakusho #3)

Yusuke's new after-school job is working for Botan and Koenma, bringing in renegade demons. But when three demons - a soul-devouring ogre, a shape-shifter, and the deadly Hiei of the Thousand Eyes - escape to the human world with evil artifacts, Yusuke's job turns into a trial by fire.
Published January 21st 2004 by VIZ Media LLC (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Yu Yu Hakusho, Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yu Yu Hakusho, Volume 3

Start your review of Yu Yu Hakusho, Volume 3: In the Flesh (Yu Yu Hakusho, #3)
Fugo Feedback
Mar 09, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Este tomo no está tan bueno como los dos anteriores pero sigue siendo muy, muy bueno. De hecho, recién acá empieza a encaminarse más a la serie de peleas sobrenaturales que se vuelve con el correr de los tomos. Además, acá aparece la capa de Genkai.
Bradley
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
This is where the action shonen jumps in. It's a little sad that the spirit detective is more like a spirit cop. The heartwarming stories, bar Kurama, are left behind. It is necessary character building so that you understand how a high school delinquent now cares the utmost about random strangers. That statement was made even before Yusuke's trials when he saved the little boy.

It's literally leaving high school behind. I know what's in store for the rest of the series so I have nostalgia
Hannah Belyea
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult-only
Botan and Koenma are working Yusuke for all his ghost is worth, but he's about to get his hardest hunts, including the chase of a shape-shifter and deadly assassin! Togashi will have fans oohing and awing with this entertaining entry. There has to be more to these targets, and if Yusuke can get to the bottom of it, could his allies grow?
Jessika
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
So far so good. :) Yusuke was finally revived and allowed a second chance at life. He met Kurama the fox spirit/demon. Heiei tried to turn Keiko into a third eye minion. I am loving this series so far. ^_^ I can't wait to see what happens in the next volume.
Victoria
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Genkai, and since he meets her in this one, it's one of my favorites! A little tip, if you listen to the soundtrack while reading it, try and make sure your music doesn't play the sad song, or Genkai and Toguro's theme... It makes the reading a bit harder.
Nicole Silverlance
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, 2018-read
This was my favorite because two of my all time favorite characters finally appear: Hiei and Kurama. I’m still far away from the dark tournament but I’m getting there. Don’t wait for me, I’m diving deep into this story once again. 12 year old Nikki is very happy
Toni
Sep 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, read-in-2019
3.5
Daniela
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yusuke meeting Kurama and Hiei for the first time and the start of Genkai's search for a successor. I'm enjoying this reread of the series.
Krista
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 漫画sogo, manga
この作者の漫画はいつも面白い。

彼は漫画家の強い所は訓練システムを操作すること。彼のキャラは少しずつ強くなって、色んな師匠や仲間やライバルと出会って、少しずつ展開している。ま、どんな漫画が同じパターンに従う冨樫先生はそのパターンを使って新しい話を作るのは特に上手。彼のキャラは自然に漸進的に変わる、ありえないの変化はないし突然過ぎの展開がない。とっても自然な進み方。
Chris
Oct 29, 2019 rated it liked it
I like.
Violet
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved reading these. They kept me on the edge of my seat.
Rich Uncle Pennybags
More of a typical shonen adventure feel now, although still surprisingly emotional content mixed in. Fun stuff! I'm feeling it.
Lilly-Anne Burns
Apr 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
*bulk update... no idea of exact reading date*
Sarah Goldberg
I really kind of dig the fact that the Mentor Character (TM) in this series is a tiny, grouchy old woman.
Natalie
Newly-alive Yusuke is asked to become the Underworld's Spirit Detective, a dangerous job that will utilize the powers he gained as a ghost. Volume three kicks up the action-packed fights and explores the demonic side of the Underworld with the appearance of a number of new characters. This volume also introduces some of the important back-up characters that will remain with the Yusuke team in future volumes.

Though drawn in 1990, I didn't find the artwork to be particularly dated, though certain
Ronan Barradas
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mangá
Depois de dois volumes longos e com um ritmo muito lento, finalmente podemos considerar que Yu Yu Hakusho embalou. Com Yusuke Urameshi já estabelecido no mundo dos vivos e Botan já não sendo tão usada como o fator de tirar as dúvidas do leitor, o protagonista pôde se desenvolver sendo apresentado a alguns dos Sete Instrumentos do Detetive Espiritual e já saindo em missões.

Além disso, nesse volumes somos introduzidos a personagens clássicos da saga como Hiei, Kurama e a Mestra (Velha) Genkai, sem
Damar hening Sunyiaji
Oct 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Terkesan sama ide ceritanya,
yusuke berandalan yang berpikir bahwa seandainya jika ia mati pun tak jadi soal, ketika melihat begitu banyak yang menangis di hari kematiannya barulah ia sadar bahwa seburuk apapun ia, telah dianggap masuk ke dalam kehidupan orang orang dan membekaskan jejak yang tetap memiliki arti. Perjuangan yusuke untuk hidup kembali dengan menjaga bola arwah juga ternyata tidak mudah. Pertukaran nyawa itu ternyata ada tujuan, yaitu menjadikan yusuke sebagai detektif roh. Manga
Max
Jul 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, urban-fantasy
This was much better than the first two volumes, and I wish the series had begun here. While the concept of helping people as a ghost was somewhat interesting, the Underworld Detective plots offer much better opportunities for action and to an extent also seem to offer more in the way of exploring this version of the underworld, at least in terms of demons.
Lauren
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
This definitely seemed like a throw back series but I thought the characters were well developed and the action from the series came across well. The fighting scenes were fantastically done but I was never really able to get into the story.
Malon
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it
At this point, the series feels directionless and meandering. It's not necessarily poorly written, but does lack the sense of purpose or emotional depth that can be found in the rest of the series. It's a low point where Yu Yu Hakusho was working out what it exactly it wants to be.
Kaisa Mettille
great manga
Amy
Nov 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads, manga
Back to the body,yeah, it was very entertaining!
Danyka
May 02, 2013 rated it liked it
I'd watched and liked the anime version when I was still a kid.

For now, I got no plans for buying a copy.
Jessica D.
Nov 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
This is one of my most favorite Manga's.
I own 1-7.
Robin
Jun 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Love the detective job! Very interesting turn in the plot.
Variaciones Enrojo
Edición argentina. Tomo 3: El bosque demoníaco!!
Kristan
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, library-books, 2014
Interesting turn of story that kept my interest. I like the elements the story is taking on and will absolutely be picking up the next volume.
Dony Grayman
Edición argentina con aclaraciones de la traducción.
Incluye Biografías alternativas de Yoshihiro Togashi 3: Si hubiera nacido... Con poderes sobrenaturales.
Cathy
Apr 22, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphicnovels
Holy cheese on rye!
Lauren
Jul 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read. I'd recommend this one.

• Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 02
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 08 (Fairy Tail, #8)
  • Naruto, Vol. 17: Itachi's Power (Naruto, #17)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh!, Vol. 1: The Millenium Puzzle (Yu-Gi-Oh!, #1)
  • Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, Volume 2 (Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, #2)
  • 約束のネバーランド 8 [Yakusoku no Neverland 8]
  • Shaman King, Vol. 1: A Shaman in Tokyo
  • マギ 3 (Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, #3)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 20 [Boku No Hero Academia 20] (My Hero Academia, #20)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 1: The Monkey King (Dragon Ball, #1)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 5 (Black Butler, #5)
  • Naruto, Vol. 11: Impassioned Efforts (Naruto, #11)
  • The Girl From the Other Side: Siúil, a Rún Vol. 7
  • Naruto, Vol. 05: The Challengers (Naruto, #5)
  • 約束のネバーランド 7 [Yakusoku no Neverland 7]
  • Black Butler, Vol. 4 (Black Butler, #4)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 21 [Boku no Hero Academia 21] (My Hero Academia, #21)
  • Rave Master, Vol. 01
Yoshihiro Togashi (see also 冨樫 義博) is a manga artist. Credited in Chinese translations as Fu Jian Yi Bo.

He began drawing manga at an early age; while he attended college, the publisher Shueisha recognized his talent. Togashi has authored numerous manga series in different genres during the past three decades. He is perhaps best known for writing and illustrating the YuYu Hakusho and Hunter Hunter

Yu Yu Hakusho (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Yu Yu Hakusho, Volume 1: Goodbye, Material World! (Yu Yu Hakusho, #1)
  • Yu Yu Hakusho, Volume 2: Lonesome Ghost (Yu Yu Hakusho, #2)
  • Yu Yu Hakusho, Volume 4: Training Day
  • Yu Yu Hakusho, Volume 5: Focus Your Mind as One! (Yu Yu Hakusho, #5)
  • Yu Yu Hakusho, Volume 6: The Dark Tournament (Yu Yu Hakusho, #6)
  • Yu Yu Hakusho, Volume 7: Knife-Edge Death Match (Yu Yu Hakusho, #7)
  • Yu Yu Hakusho, Volume 8: Open Your Eyes!! (Yu Yu Hakusho, #8)
  • Yu Yu Hakusho, Volume 9: The Huge Ordeal!! (Yu Yu Hakusho, #9)
  • Yu Yu Hakusho, Volume 10: Unforgivable!! (Yu Yu Hakusho, #10)
  • Yu Yu Hakusho, Volume 11: Eat or Be Eaten!! (Yu Yu Hakusho, #11)