Start by marking “The Kids' Multicultural Cookbook: Food & Fun Around the World” as Want to Read:
The Kids' Multicultural Cookbook: Food & Fun Around the World

The Kids' Multicultural Cookbook: Food & Fun Around the World

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  35 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Including recipes, customs, activities, games, and more, this book offers parents and educators ways to immerse youngsters in ethnic diversity. It covers the areas: Asia, Europe, Africa and the Middle East, the Americas, and the South Pacific.
Published September 1st 1995 by Williamson Publishing Company

Julie Suzanne
Apr 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
My 10-year-old and I reading this all the way through and trying most of the recipes. We've learned some really cool facts about kids in other countries, and my son is absolutely taking off with the cooking. He cooked a Thai dish tonight for my parents, and was motivated to make a quick bread totally independently as well. I highly recommend this book to parents who want to provide a multi-cultural cooking course to their kids.
Celine Parker
Feb 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic non-fiction book for kids from Williamson Publishing. I don't think this cookbook is in stores anymore, although many libraries seem to carry it. This book is interesting for adults as well, since it's full of delicious and cultural recipes. You also learn a thing or two about the world. The fondue recipe is one of my favorites.
Julia
May 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
So far out of all the different cultural cookbooks directed towards children this one so far was the best that I have come across. With simplistic recipes, fun activities, jokes and so much more children will have fun exploring the tastes of nations while at the same learning about their neighbors.

The book gathers the recipes and nations to put into a single regional grouping such as Africa, European, etc. As a result when the reader gets a chance to come to a new grouping they will get a chan
Sandra Carolina
Sandra Carolina Argueta
April 27, 2016
ETEC 545 How To

Cook, F Deanna F. The Kid’s Multicultural Cookbook: Food & Fun Around the World. Nashville Tennessee: Williamson Books,1995.

In this cute little cookbook, I found out a lot information about cuisine from all around the world. I really liked the way this book was organized. Since this book contains recipes from all over the world, the table of contents profiles all the countries being featured and the dishes that will be represented from that
Ashley Correll
Mar 23, 2010 rated it liked it
This is a children's cookbook with recipes from all over the world. Interesting facts are interspersed between teh recipes and pictures. Cultural tidbits about how children live, games they play and what they eat are included as well. You can choose some of the easier recipes, which are all rated based on difficulty, to cook in your classroom. Tzatziki from Greece or strawberry freezes from Cuba are som eexamples that don't require any cooking and children can manage with a little supervision.
Sundy
Nov 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book
Fun information, activities, and recipes from around the world, including suggestions for parties and celebrations that feature these international foods.
Shannon
Aug 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing
great book cost efficient recipes me and my kids are still making recipes from this book from time to time
Lindsw
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you want diversity, this kid-friendly cookbook has it all!
Ashley Taylor