Start by marking “Il risveglio dell'assassino” as Want to Read:
Il risveglio dell'assassino

Il risveglio dell'assassino (Tawny Man #1)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  59,408 Ratings  ·  1,410 Reviews
Dopo aver aiutato il suo re Veritas a liberare i Sei Ducati dalla minaccia dei pirati, Fitz Chevalier rinuncia al suo passato di assassino di corte e al suo nome e si ritira in un lontano eremo insieme al suo lupo Occhi-di-notte e a Ticcio, il ragazzo affidatogli da Stornella. Presto però riceve la visita di Umbra, l'uomo che gli ha insegnato la via per diventare assassino ...more
Published January 1st 2007 by Fanucci (first published October 15th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Il risveglio dell'assassino, please sign up.

Rob E. I would agree with Cree, but I did find that this book was fairly complete and self-contained compared to the other books I've read from this world. I…moreI would agree with Cree, but I did find that this book was fairly complete and self-contained compared to the other books I've read from this world. I would say that if it's in your mind to read both series, start with Farseer. But I thought this book did better as a stand-alone book than anything else I've read of Hobb's so far. It does, however, pretty thoroughly spoil the major plot points of the Farseer trilogy. If you read this book before the Farseer trilogy, and then want to go back and read the Farseer books, you will be starting them with full knowledge of where they are going to end up, which is a little less fun. The other books that I've read from this realm, The Liveship Traders and The Rain Wilds Chronicles, do not figure in heavily in this book.(less)
Lars Liveships is a bit of an undertaking, but it's a wonderful series and I'd definitely suggest that you read it in between. Just within the first…moreLiveships is a bit of an undertaking, but it's a wonderful series and I'd definitely suggest that you read it in between. Just within the first hundred pages of Fool's Errand there are references that make more sense, and maybe this is just me, but there were even some nuances to Fitz's narrative that made more sense when informed by the Liveships trilogy. It's interesting to have a grasp on the changes the world is going through, even though the time covered in between doesn't have anything to do with Fitz himself.
I also think it makes the return to Fitz's narrative sweeter for having spent so much time away from him. It's nice to have occupied the fifteen years in between the Farseer and the Tawny Man doing something else instead of jumping right back into his life after so much has changed. I think it's written as a linear series and should be read as one! (less)

Bookdragon Sean
The characterisation of Fitschivalry through the series is brilliant. The books are told from the first person entirely; thus the reader witnesses the change in his thoughts as he grows into a man. In this book, he has developed a new persona: Tom Badgerlock. This is set fifteen years after the Red Ship wars and King Verity’s reawakening of the Dragons.

description

Tom Badgerlock is the person Fitschivalry has evolved into: the one he always wanted to be; he is the man with a simple life, a small farm, a fe
Halima
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Halima by: Bae
*I dedicate this review to Nighteyes; a Witted wolf born to rule a pack. Our pack.*

After finishing this novel my emotions were just about everywhere. My eyes, were very much sore and undoubtedly red from the constant sobbing. My heart was entirely broken, but healed, but throbbing from the onslaught of loss and some form of a twisted gain?
Hobb is a master storyteller, I can't come close to justifying her novels. They leave me entirely speechless, every time.
You'd think with a series this long,
David Sven
Jul 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, favourites
Again, Robin Hobb demonstrates that you don’t need to write grimdark to generate realism, high drama, or sinister undertones. Now I love my grimdark as much as Hannibal loves liver *phphpht*, but Hobb’s realism is expressed in believable characters, complex relationships, detailed worldbuilding...wait wait wait a minute now...what about blood and guts? Yes, there will be blood too, but the joojoo is not in the gore - the joojoo is in the sustained threat of violence - the joojoo is in the way th ...more
Hanne
Oct 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is more or less what I look like whenever FitzChivalry Farseer is involved:

So many books later, and I’m still feeling überprotective of Fitz. I got furious with his neighbour when he attacked Fitz in the market place, I wanted to kick Starling out of the door (and none too gently), and I was even too angry to cry when the inevitable happened (view spoiler).

What Robin Hobb manages to do is quite amazin
Kaora
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Do not you sense it? A crossroads, a vertex, a vortex. All paths change from here.

This book made my cry. Multiple times.

I don't often cry while reading books. I takes a lot. And I might blame it on pregnancy hormones except Hobb made me cry in her last two series Liveship Traders and Farseer Trilogy and when I read those I wasn't pregnant.

But this book again has ruined me. In a good way.

Robin Hobb is the type of author that slowly builds her story. She introduces her character and you live their
Franco  Santos
Entre dolor, soledad y desconsuelo trato de escribir estas líneas para intentar describir lo que me dejó, o más exactamente lo que me sacó, este libro.

Death is not the opposite of life, but the opposite of choice.

Hay historias que están muy bien contadas pero son vacuas, no son capaces de llegar a los corazones de sus lectores; hay otras que transmiten la más potente vorágine pero no tienen gran calidad narrativa. Sin embargo, en las profundidades reposan joyas que cumplen con todas las caracte
Hanna
Feb 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
3.75

GAAH! These books frustrate the hell out of me! Absolutely and wholly.
But I love them. The plot. The characters.

I think I hate them like I do because they are so damn realistic. Never the happy ending to anything. Only the harsh and brutal reality.

The main character is brave. And good. Lovable. He is also a fool. A wimp. That makes mistakes. That you yell "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!?" at.
Same for other characters. One moment you scream your head of at them. The next you sit there grinn
Stefan
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
„Fool?“
„What?“
„You are not Fool anymore. What do they call you these days?“
„What does who call me when?“
„I should not call you Fool anymore. What do you want me to call you?“
„Ah, what do I want you to call me now? I see. An entirely different question. And if I tell you, you would call me by that name?“
„In private only. And only if you wished me to.“
„Ah... Oh, but I would.“
„Then?“
„The name my mother gave me, I give now to you, to call me by in private. Beloved.“
„Fool! I’m serious!“
„And you think
Kaitlin
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is book #1 in the Tawny Man series, which follows on from the events of the Farseer books and the Liveship books. This series relates a lot more to the characters from the initial Farseer books such as Fitz, the Fool and various other characters, both old and new, who are local to Bukkeep. We are told that the main character (first-person again) of Fitz is now 35, so it's about 15 years after the Farsser series.

As we follow Fitz we don't actually know an awful lot about the life he's been l
Em
This is my third time of reading this series and it still remains my absolute favourite! Fitz, Fool and of course Nighteyes are absolute heroes and can do no wrong in my eyes.

Wishful thinking below, but who cares and I may get my wish come true in the new series, you never know!

The Robin Hobb Co...: fool's errand part 2 > chapters 6 to 10 17 50 Jan 09, 2018 10:30PM
The Robin Hobb Co...: fool's errand part 1 > chapter 1 to 5 28 64 Jan 06, 2018 08:46PM
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Fool's Errand 47 28 May 11, 2017 04:18AM
Hobb-A-Long Read-...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Fool's Errand - Chapters 26-END 9 42 Oct 11, 2016 11:56AM
Hobb-A-Long Read-...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Fool's Errand - Chapters 1-5 15 42 Oct 05, 2016 07:06PM
Hobb-A-Long Read-...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Fool's Errand - Chapters 6-10 5 27 Sep 30, 2016 06:07AM
  • Revelation (Rai-Kirah, #2)
  • Wolf's Brother (Reindeer People, #2)
  • Hidden Warrior (The Tamír Triad, #2)
  • Prince of Dogs (Crown of Stars, #2)
  • Days of Air and Darkness (The Westlands, #4)
  • Stone of Farewell (Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn, #2)
  • Watcher of the Dead (Sword of Shadows, #4)
  • A Betrayal in Winter (Long Price Quartet, #2)
  • Stormrider (The Rigante, #4)
** I am shocked to find that some people think a 2 star 'I liked it' rating is a bad rating. What? I liked it. I LIKED it! That means I read the whole thing, to the last page, in spite of my life raining comets on me. It's a good book that survives the reading process with me. If a book is so-so, it ends up under the bed somewhere, or maybe under a stinky judo bag in the back of the van. So a 2 st ...more
More about Robin Hobb...

Tawny Man (3 books)
  • Golden Fool (Tawny Man, #2)
  • Fool's Fate (Tawny Man, #3)
“Stop longing.You poison today’s ease, reaching always for tomorrow.” 149 likes