Start by marking “The Greatest Search and Rescue Stories Ever Told: Twenty Gripping Tales of Heroism and Bravery” as Want to Read:

Human drama at its most gripping and satisfying.
Published November 1st 2004 by Lyons Press (first published October 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Greatest Search and Rescue Stories Ever Told, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Greatest Search and Rescue Stories Ever Told

Matthew Eargle
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
To be honest, most of the stories read like technical manuals or incident reports. There is little character development to keep me interested or even engaged in the subjects. The 9/11/01 account from Der Spiegel was probably the most interesting, as it was actually written with a strong narrative in mind. As a primer on the world of SAR, it's good I suppose--but for light reading, I would just as soon pass.
Kellie
Maybe I’m just not a short story person. There were some interesting stories in here. Especially the ones about mountain rescue. However, I started to lose interest when I got to the water rescue session. Some of the stories just did not keep my interest and I found myself skimming. I thought some of the stories lacked something in the writing style. Maybe because I was expecting more development. I keep having to remind myself these are short stories which might explain it. The most memorable s ...more
Carole
Kate Irwin-smiler
Dec 30, 2014
Kate
May 14, 2018
Joseph Cummins is the author of numerous books, including Anything for a Vote: Dirty Tricks, Cheap Shots and October Surprises in U.S. Presidential Elections; A Bloody History of the World, which won the 2010 Our History Project Gold Medal Award; and the forthcoming Ten Tea Parties: Patriotic Protests That History Forgot. He lives in Maplewood, New Jersey, with his wife and daughter.