Start by marking “Legacy of Ghosts (Amaranthine, #2)” as Want to Read:
Legacy of Ghosts (Amaranthine, #2)

Legacy of Ghosts

(Amaranthine #2)

After the events of Shades of Gray, Katelina seeks peace with Jorick, but it's hard to find with a vampire. The question is: does she want to try? Despite her growing attraction to her "hero," there are many things she doesn't know about him; secrets left hidden in the shadows. While Katelina struggles to unravel the mystery of a locked room and a faded photograph, a storm ...more
Published October 7th 2010 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published October 6th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Legacy of Ghosts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legacy of Ghosts

Lance
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Hello all and welcome back to What I Am Reading. I know it has been quite the long interlude between posts and I hope all of you have been well.
This time around I am featuring book 2 in the Amaranthine Series by Joleene Naylor. I had previously reviewed book one last year and followed up in the same year with Vampire Morsels and 101 Tips For Traveling With A Vampire. All of these titles are by Ms. Naylor and there are many more to choose from!
If you have not already read my reviews of the above
Ruth
Jun 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book picks up where the first one, Shades of Gray, left off. All Jorick wants is some peace and quiet, so he takes Katelina to his home, which hasn't been inhabited for a long time, given the dust and cobwebs. He then runs off to a secret room which he locks so Katelina can't see what's in it. It's stuff like that which intrigues me, and finding out about his past that he held back from Katelina was fun to learn.

While Katelina is doubting Jorick's feelings for her, Oren is trying to convin
Sharon
Oct 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I dropped everything to read the second book in this series. I am a big reader of Urban Fantasy (dark) and Paranormal Romance. I prefer them together. This is the second book of the Amaranthine series and it is just as good if not better than the first. The author has brought to life her lead characters. Katelina is a human whose introduction into the world of vampires is very violent and bloody. Jorick (swoon) is the mysterious and sexy hero. This second book explores the relationship between J ...more
Stacy Eaton
Jun 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
I read Legacy of Ghosts on the heels of Shades of Gray, and I enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed the first one.

Again Ms. Naylor nailed a great storyline, with different traditions and ways to view the vampire world. Keeping many characters from Shades of Gray to continue on through this book, she continued to build on them to give them all more depth.

The relationship between Katelina and Jorick was rich and sad at times. You could feel for each of their hurts as they tried to figure out was best
D.M.
Jan 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Legacy of Ghosts continues the story from Shades of Gray. I could not set this book down either. Joleene Naylor has done some exceptional writing. The story starts with Jorick and Katalina going to Jorick's house. Here we get introduced to more characters and learn a little of Jorick's past. As the book continues, the action scenes are just as great as in Shades of Gray. Again, this is not a book for children.
Legacy of Ghosts kept my interest all the way through without one boring part. I hated
Tonia Lancaster
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just as good as the first! Couldn't stop reading it. Joleene Naylor is such a great author. She has such a fluid writing style that draws you right in! Starting on the third one as soon as I finish with this review, lol!
Love great series books like this, the characters are so much more in depth. They almost become like a family. :)
Yen
Aug 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All My friends and then some
Shelves: ebook
Super... Awesome... can't wait until the next one.... Please hurry ;)
Carol
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As was the first book in this series, this one was very good. If you want action, then this is the series for you. Just when you think you have things figured out, it goes a different way. I will say though, they sure do fight like an old married couple.
I highly recommend this book.
Maegan Provan
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Two weeks after the show down with Claudius, Katelina is trying to settle into her stay a Jorick's quaint little home by the beach. Surrounded by stacks upon stacks of books, no modern technology to speak of, and her savior constantly disappearing behind a mysterious white door, Katelina soon finds herself wondering about her situation more and more. With a battle on the horizon, Katelina finds herself staring down the battle of that age old sentiment, "Don't ask questions that you're not ready ...more
Amanda Masters
I love this series! I love all the battles but this book was mostly verbal fighting...lol...damn I wanted to slap some of them! Oren is so damn frustrating! I liked the interaction between Jorick and Katelina in this one it was explosive and raw and just perfect.

This book starts off where the last one left off with Jorick and Katelina going to his home. When they get there they are set upon by several people all of who have several options on whether or not Jorick should or should not Join in on
Tricia Drammeh
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the second book in the Amaranthine series, Katelina and Jorick attempt to find solace in his home by the sea. Unfortunately, Jorick's obligations to his fledgling and a cruel vampire's thirst for vengeance prevent Katelina from finding the peace she deserves. Though Jorick seeks to protect her, his nature prevents him from giving her the comfort she needs.

A dark secret from Jorick's past casts shadows between them, preventing Katelina and Jorick from truly cementing the emotional bond betwee
Becky Fisk
Apr 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
After finishing Shades of Gray I went right onto Amazon and bought Legacy of Ghosts. Naylor didn't disappoint! Katelina's very human self seems so inadequate with the likes of the vampires that she is surrounded with (most at no choice of her own) yet she handles herself with fortitude that I could only hope to have.
I can't help but enjoy the relationship she has with Jorick. Between his disgust over all human necessities, her constant need to question and the constant trouble plagueing them I'
E.G. Manetti
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The second installment in the Amaranthine series has all the strengths of the first volume and none of the weaknesses. The vampires continue to be violent and scary, in fact the violence and scary ramps up a notch. The character development is stronger and draws the reader into the story more effectively than the action. Tired of war and fighting all Jorick wants is to retire to his book crammed house in Maine with Katelina. Katelina is still reeling from the revelation that vampires are real an ...more
Tanja
Aug 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
The second book in the Amaranthine series moves along just as fast as the first one. Especially the battle scenes kept me on edge and just flying throught the pages, trying to figure out what's going to happen next. I don't want to spoil anything, so without going into detail I can say that at least once or twice I exclaimed: "Oh my gosh!" while reading on, because it was entirely not what I'd anticipated to happen. And imagining "slurping" vampires really got a good chuckle out of me. Definitel ...more
WINONA F.
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
this book was amazing! just like the first book, I couldn't put it down! the story line, charecters are all unique and each of them have a personality you just either love, like, dislike or even hate. however, that's what makes a great book! I am continuing with this 8 book series and am not gonna stop until im done!!
Heather Stanley
After reading the first book I was hooked!! I'm happy to find this one picked right up were the first left off.
Katelina and Jorick have become new friends and I loved seeing what happens in their world! Add in everyone else and there is such a cast, I'll be happy to find out more of their stories by picking up the other books in the series!
Suzanne Fisher
Jan 09, 2012 rated it did not like it
I loved the first book, I found this one to be less than interesting. It was annoying! Katelina was annoying, whiney, nosey, and just downright frustrating. I wanted her to die in this book, and as many times as she was beaten up I can't believe she didn't.
Christine Connolly
Apr 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Second book in the series is just as good as the first! The books tie together, it is a true series.
Stephanie Hill Alexander
After first book, I immediately read 2nd book. Quick but a good story line and believable characters.
Bridget
Jan 14, 2013
Denise
Oct 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Joleene Naylor is the author of the glitter-less Amaranthine vampire series, a world where vampires aren't for children. As a compliment to the novel series, she has also written several short stories, including the Vampire Morsels collection.

In her spare time, Joleene is a freelance book cover designer and for-fun photographer . She maintains several blogs full of odd ramblings, and occasionally

Amaranthine (8 books)
  • Shades of Gray (Amaranthine, #1)
  • Ties of Blood (Amaranthine, #3)
  • Ashes of Deceit (Amaranthine #4)
  • Heart of the Raven (Amaranthine, #5)
  • Children of Shadows
  • Clash of Legends (Amaranthine Book 7)
  • Masque of the Vampire (Amaranthine Book 8)