Start by marking “Il sentiero dei pugnali (La ruota del tempo, #8)” as Want to Read:
Il sentiero dei pugnali (La ruota del tempo, #8)

Il sentiero dei pugnali (The Wheel of Time #8)

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  83,298 Ratings  ·  1,385 Reviews
All'orizzonte si profila la minaccia di una nuova invasione del mondo da parte dei Seanchan, una razza di conquistatori il cui arsenale comprende rettili volanti cavalcati da uomini e schiave dalle abilità magiche più potenti dei soldati più forti, molti dei quali si sono uniti all'esercito dei Seanchan spinti dalla paura che suscita in loro il Drago Rinato. La magia di Ra ...more
Published October 1st 2007 by Fanucci (first published October 20th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Il sentiero dei pugnali, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Il sentiero dei pugnali

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads
NOTICE: this reread is in preparation for finally biting the bullet and reading book 14. That means I HAVE NOT read book 14 yet. Please be mindful of this in the comments, both for me and for others who may or may not have progressed past this point in the series. Thank you.

Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

So . . . I debated long and hard about how to rate THE PATH OF DAGGERS, book 8 in Robert Jordan's WHEEL OF TIME . . . I think by now it's pretty obvious that I love this series, but . . .

1. No Mat.

Lik
Markus
Usually my reviewing style includes a plot synopsis at the beginning, but through experience I’ve come to the realisation that it’s most often a huge advantage when the book actually has a plot.

This was essentially Interlude: the Book. No plot development, no character development, no setting development, no... development. At all. And you don't need to tell me it gets worse. I know.

The chapters written from the viewpoint of the main protagonists are downright boring. Quite the opposite is true
Robin (Bridge Four)
Month 8 and Book 8 go hand in hand with my buds at Buddies Books & Baubles

description

This will forever be THE BOOK WITHOUT MAT....

When The Wheel of Time began there was Rand, Perrin and Mat. I didn't even like Mat very much. It wasn't until maybe book 3 or 4 (seriously they start to run together) that his character became semi interesting. Now he is one of my favorites and he is missing the entire book.

Instead we have Aes Sedea shenanigans. Really I'm still of the opinion that if you can channel the on
Kat  Hooper
ORIGINALLY POSTED AT Fantasy Literature.

The best thing I can say about The Path of Daggers is that it is significantly shorter than the last few novels have been -- only 700 pages (mass market paperback) compared to the 900-1100 page novels that have preceded it. There is much less of the repetitive backstory. I guess Mr. Jordan finally realized that new readers aren't jumping in at this point.

However, that's not to say that there are 700 pages of plot here, either. For again, most of the pages
Gavin
Apr 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This was another fun instalment in the WoT series. Just like the last book plot advancement was moving at a snails pace but we did get a few interesting developments and the story was always entertaining. It is the characters, Jordan's storytelling, and the sheer size of the world that make this such a great fantasy series.

So what actually happened in this 8th WoT book?

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!!

Most of our favourite characters went on much as the have been doing for the last few books!

Egwene - She
James
Jun 28, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 8 of the Wheel of Time really gets a bad rap. Contrary to common wisdom, plenty happens in this book. The problem, I think, is that nothing gets resolved. (Not having any Mat, especially after the cliffhanger at the end of book 7, doesn't help either.) Is it ridiculous for a fantasy series to still be setting things up 8 books in? Especially when that series was supposed to be 6 books long? OK, yeah, it is. But taken by itself, The Path of Daggers isn't a bad story.

Oddly enough, the story b
Choko
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*** 4.44 ***

A buddy read with the WoT fanatics at BB&B!

This book was a bit slower, a bit shorter and all together the book that felt most as a set-up, transition book of all up to now... The action was a bit choppy, which is not very typical for Jordan, but the banter made the book - all the characters with their quirks and the intricate games of hierarchy and politics, are deliciously masterful, but still, this book suffered form the lack of one of the main characters - Mat was MIA.... The
Ryan
Sep 06, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
We tend to root for most anti-heroes, but every now and then, authors dare to set a real stinker at the centerpiece of their stories. Sometimes it works.

Logan Mountstewart from William Boyd's Any Human Heart comes to mind. Henry Miller's Tropic of Cancer qualifies, I think. And before we certify all shepherds as pure-at-heart heroes, check out Halldor Laxness's Bjartur in Independent People.

But these are all examples drawn from the literary canon. What happens when fantasy, a genre often prone t
Evgeny
Jul 31, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This is one of the slowest books of the series. Usually Mat saves the day even when nobody else does anything of value in a book, but this time Mat is not here. This is especially infuriating considering that his plot line ended in a huge cliffhanger in the previous book. Perrin's absence in book 5 is hardly noticeable; Mat's absence here is, especially considering the slow-moving overall plot.

It would be unfair to say that nothing at all happens here. I counted four fairly major events in the b
Maria Dimitrova
Monthly buddy read (well it was more stalking this time since I couldn't really participate in the discussion) with the fantasy fanatics over at BB&B.

This keeps on getting better and better! I can't get enough of this world! There're simply no words to describe this!

One of the major plotlines from the past several books finally found it's resolution - the Bowl of Winds was finally used and the weather is on it's way to normal. Though I guess that going from extreme heat and drought to torre
Eon ♒Windrunner♒
The epic Buddies Books & Baubles reread of the Wheel of Time is still in full swing as number 8 is moved to the DONE pile. As with the last book, this one was a slower paced read, but there was lots to enjoy. Except for the lack of Mat. Why Robert Jordan, why?!?!?

description

The stuff that went down: (view spoiler)
Rob
Executive Summary: This is definitely one of the weaker books in the series so far, and there are a large number of pages where it feels like very little happens. I'm still enjoying my reread, but I know that things will only get slower before they finally pick back up again.

Audiobook: Doing this book in audio is pretty much a must for me now. I don't think I'd have managed to read it very quickly otherwise. Micheal Kramer and Kate Reading are fantastic as always.

Full Review
This book should ma
Ashley
My crawl through this series continues. To be honest, I'd optimistically hoped that I'd be able to finish it by the end of 2017. I was in a good position to, having already read the first five books. Nine books in twelve months? Easy peasy. Except . . . each book has gotten progressively harder to get through. Less and less happens. The flaws stand out more as the plot thins. I've gotten through three of these books in ten months. Even if I manage to do one per month from here on out, I won't be ...more
Ivana Azap Feješ
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: epic-fantasy
There wasn't very much of Met in this book (I guess everyone need a break at some point of this looong story;)), so I will reminiscence on some details about Mat, that is the best bloody character I've ever read!!!

Blood and bloody ashes! -Mat Cauthon, all the time

"I read a book once." -Mat Cauthon

“It was a simple truth; the Creator made women so men would not find life too easy.” - Matrim Cauthon

"Yes, I'm alive. I'm usually pretty good at staying alive. I've only failed one time that I can remem
Richard Bray
I’m starting to wonder if I’ve made a mistake in deciding that I wanted to complete THE WHEEL OF TIME by reading all the books in the series consecutively. With THE PATH OF DAGGERS now under my belt, I’m eight books into the 14-book saga, and I can’t honestly say that I feel any closer to the conclusion than I was three or four books ago.

When I began reading THE WHEEL OF TIME, I was a senior in high school, so I was able to read the first seven or eight books consecutively without having to wait
Kyle
Nov 11, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Wheel of Time series represents, for me, the perfect example of a guilty pleasure in the world of fantasy.

This series is not actually written very well. Robert Jordan was not a very good wordsmith, and he really only knew how to say and describe things one way. His characters are generally unbelievable, and have ridiculous dialogue. The plot is tremendously predictable, and is heavily influenced (close to the point of being unoriginal) by the fantasy works that came before. The whole story i
Phrynne
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book and what a great series this is turning out to be. There was a lot more action in this one (which is number 8) and a lot of character development. I am listening to the series on audio book and was quite surprised when it suddenly finished right in the middle of so many major events. Now I have to start straight into the next book. How lucky they are all published and I do not have to wait weeks or even years for the next instalment!
David
I congratulate everyone who has the perseverance to continue on while envying those who had the force of will to just forget about how this epic story is supposed to end. Here we are at book 8 and like book 7, very little of the main plot actually happens. Most of the book are again devoted to describing in excruciating detail of how the main characters tend to act and think, with very little variation, mostly accomplishing nothing except introduce filler and making characters feel one-dimension ...more
Manveer
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
This obsession and excessive WoT reading is unhealthy, I think. Well, in my defense, this book was very small.

No Mat POV sucked, especially given his situation at the end of the last book. Rest was pretty much fine, I guess.
Jonathan

There are no beginnings or endings to the Wheel of Time series but there is plenty of room for re-reading. However, unfortunately - at least for myself - this is the point in the series where everything started to become slow. I don't find that it became any less enjoyable, but nothing really happens in this book and in the two following. From books 8 to 10 the material could easily have been condensed into one solid 800 page novel rather than three separate 600 to 800 page novels.

What Robert Jo
Kaitlin
Nov 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I struggled knowing what to rate this book as at first because I didn't live it as much as the previous 2 all the way through and it did seem a little slower in places, however I did think that it was filled with some interesting things and events. In the end I had to rate it a 4*s because it still interested me. I would have like it to be longer (as many have said) and more dramatic at the ending, but overall it was a good addition in the series.

One thing I enjoyed in this book was the return
 Adriana ♩♪
I am still reading and enjoying the WoT series. I don't want to sound emotional, but I love this series and had (and still have) a great time participating in the WoT discussions.
This book was short but packed with exciting events in the end. I'm looking forward to know what's going to happen next.
I delayed starting The Path of Daggers for 2 months because I was so angry about Tylin's actions in A Crown of Swords. I actually came pretty close to quitting this series for good but I've already read 7 books (close to 6,000 pages!) so I'm not about to let one character ruin it for me, especially when friends told me that character is completely absent from this book. So I finally dove back into this world and I'm really glad I did. I actually think the short break did me good because all the ...more
Allison
A Path of Daggers is the low point for me in the Wheel of Time series. It can easily be summed up as various groups of catty women vying for superiority over each other. Seriously, the first third consists of Elayne and Nynaeve, Aviendha, Birgitte, the rebel Aes Sedai with them, the Sea Folk, and the Kin, all trying to out-do each other on the way to the Farm. Once they get to the Farm, (view spoiler). Th ...more
Zayne
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
*1.5 stars

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I give up. I cannot take this book anymore. The book started off well. This was the first WoT audiobook I read and the narrators made all six hours of Nyneave and Co. tolerable. But their great voices started wearing off. I found it harder and harder to pick the book up until finally I dropped it. A friend suggested I drop it for a week and see I would want to come back to it after. Sadly I didn't want to. I started forcing myself to pick it up just
Skip
Jun 15, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008
Nikola Pavlovic
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Prica se pomera mic po mic, Dzordan nastavlja da razvija neke likove ili skupine kao sto su Asamani na primer. Situacija je neznatno jasnija u odnosu na predhodni deo. Kazem neznatno jer sve novo sto se dogodilo moglo se predvideti vec 1000 strana u napred. Ali i pored svih mana i u odnosu na predhodne tomove ovo je korektan nastavak Tocka Vremena. Serijal je prosto predugacak i to samo zato sto Dzordan izgleda bas voli da pise. Pitam se da nije umro koliko bi Tocak vremena imao delova. I pored ...more
Emerson
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lidos-em-2016
"Fire and ice, and death was coming. But he was steel. He was steel."

Comecei a ler esse livro com expectativas bem baixas devido comentários dos fãs, mas acabei me surpreendendo bastante.
Até a metade é bem parado, só um ou outro capítulo do Perrin e o restante das meninas, o que não foi ruim, dado as circunstâncias (se tivesse capítulos do Mat seria melhor).
Egwene me surpreende cada vez mais, até estou começando a gostar dela. Ela tem novas responsabilidades, mas é tratada como uma marionete. Ao
Nacho Iribarnegaray
Este se me ha hecho laaaargo. Lo puedo describir como "el libro de la gestión de recursos humanos". Gente discutiendo sobre cuál es la mejor estrategia, sobre quién debe mandar, sobre cómo consolidar la posición que han elegido. Es como si se hubiera leído Canción de hielo y fuego y hubiera dicho "ah, pues en este voy a hacer eso" pero sin meter naaaada de acción.
En ocasiones hay tantos nombres de personajes secundarios que no sabía con quién interactuaban los principales. Y llegó un momento en
Doğan
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Olaylar, olaylar... Genel itibari ile güzel kitaptı. Anlatacak çok şey var ama spoiler olur. Aes Sedailerin gıcıklığı, Perrin'in saflığı ve Rand'ın kestirelemez hareketleri devam ediyor.
Fantasy Buddy Reads: The Path of Daggers [November 2018] 1 11 Sep 27, 2017 03:42PM
The Not a Book Cl...: POD: Part 6(Chapters 25-End) 11 5 Jan 24, 2017 05:29PM
The Not a Book Cl...: POD: Part 5(Chapters 19-24) 5 3 Jan 18, 2017 09:55PM
The Not a Book Cl...: POD: Part 4(Chapters 13-18) 4 4 Jan 16, 2017 11:35AM
The Not a Book Cl...: POD: Part 3(Chapters 9-12) 7 5 Jan 12, 2017 09:41AM
The Not a Book Cl...: POD: Part 2(Chapters 4-8) 8 4 Jan 09, 2017 03:55PM
  • Blood of the Fold (Sword of Truth, #3)
  • At the Gates of Darkness (The Demonwar Saga, #2)
  • Sorceress of Darshiva (The Malloreon, #4)
  • Captain's Fury (Codex Alera, #4)
  • The Bonehunters (Malazan Book of the Fallen, #6)
  • Destiny: Child of the Sky (Symphony of Ages, #3)
  • Fire Sea (The Death Gate Cycle, #3)

Robert Jordan was the pen name of James Oliver Rigney, Jr., under which he was best known as the author of the bestselling The Wheel of Time fantasy series. He also wrote under the names Reagan O'Neal and Jackson O'Reilly.

Jordan was born in Charleston, South Carolina. He served two tours in Vietnam (from 1968 to
More about Robert Jordan...

The Wheel of Time (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Eye of the World (Wheel of Time, #1)
  • The Great Hunt (Wheel of Time, #2)
  • The Dragon Reborn (Wheel of Time, #3)
  • The Shadow Rising (Wheel of Time, #4)
  • The Fires of Heaven (Wheel of Time, #5)
  • Lord of Chaos (Wheel of Time, #6)
  • A Crown of Swords (Wheel of Time, #7)
  • Winter's Heart (Wheel of Time, #9)
  • Crossroads of Twilight (Wheel of Time, #10)
  • Knife of Dreams (Wheel of Time, #11)
“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose above the great mountainous island of Tremalking. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.” 82 likes
“A secret spoken finds wings.” 25 likes