Start by marking “Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3)” as Want to Read:
Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Forever

(The Wolves of Mercy Falls #3)

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  101,485 ratings  ·  7,907 reviews
Sam has always loved Grace. As a wolf, he watched her from afar. As a boy, he held her in his arms.

Now facing the possibility of a life without her, he will do anything to keep her safe. Even if it means facing his demons. Even if it risks everything he has.

Anything, as long as their love can survive...
Published August 4th 2011 by Scholastic (first published July 12th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Forever, please sign up.
Vishwa Asokan I don't know. Even though I started from the third book, and I pretty much understood what was happening by almost the third page. So I think you…moreI don't know. Even though I started from the third book, and I pretty much understood what was happening by almost the third page. So I think you might too.(less)

·  101,485 ratings  ·  7,907 reviews

Wendy Darling
This is probably the hardest review I’ve ever had to write.

Shiver tears my heart in two every single time I read it. I felt Linger had its problems, mostly in the diluted narrative with the addition of two more POVs, but it was still extremely moving and I wanted to see what happened next. How strange it is, then, to read Forever and experience nothing even close to the emotions the first two books inspired.

The Wolves of Mercy Falls series is love story told almost like a fairy tale. Aside from
Miranda Reads
description
Book 1 : Boy loves Girl. Girl loves Wolf. Wolf turns into Boy. Girl Loves Boy. Boy hides tragic secret(TM). Girl saves Boy's life.

Book 2: Boy is a permanent Boy (no Wolf). Girl hides a tragic(TM) secret. Boy saves Girl's Life. Girl is now Wolf.

Book 3: Boy loves Girl. Girl is Wolf. Boy pines over wolf-girl. Wolf-girl pines over Boy. Very tragic(TM), plus a wolf-hunt.

Essentially, this one was good - a definite uptick from the previous - but it still didn't grip me the way I wanted it too.

I w
kelsie
Sep 28, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
I bought Forever today. It's flowing a lot like Linger did for me. I'm bored, anxious, and not really drawn to this world in this book like I was in Shiver. I'm pretty much just reading so I can find out what ultimately happens in the end. Maggie is such a fabulous writer, but her talent is wasted on writing boring chapters for shallow characters like Cole and Isabel to whom I don't feel connected at all. ) :

I am now finished with Forever.. I am so utterly disappointed that I'm not sure I can
Stacey Lucky
Let me say this.. Just because I didn't like this book doesn't mean I'm telling everyone not to read it. Everyone has different tastes and different opinions. And if your opinion is to come on MY review and tell me how awesome this book is and that I got it wrong. No I'm pretty sure I read this book correctly ..twice in fact. So keep to yourself, or write your own 5 star review so I can go on it and write "omg!! You are wrong this book it terrible!! You have to hate it to bc I do!"

Giving it two
C.G. Drews
*** THIS IS A REREAD ***

I read Forever 3 years ago. I wasn't even properly reviewing books back then...SO NATURALLY I NEEDED TO REREAD IT BECAUSE MAGGIE STEIFVATER IS MY FAVOURITE AUTHOR EVER AND I WILL PASS OUT FROM EXTREME EXCITABLE SHRIEKING IN ATTEMPTS TO GET EVERYONE TO READ HER BOOKS COPIOUSLY. *pauses for breath* I recently reread Shiver, but then skipped straight to Forever because it was lying around the library looking sad and pathetic and NEEDED ME TO ADOPT IT. So I did. I cuddled it
Kai
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“People shouldn't have to earn kindness. They should have to earn cruelty.”

I think what kept me from reading Forever years ago, was my fear that something depressing would happen to Grace and Sam. But most of all I didn't want the series to end, because I loved it so much. Some books just make you feel happy from inside out, they give you the feeling of being home between their pages. That's what The Wolves of Mercy Falls is for me. And this last part of the series was as good as the first a
Samantha Souza
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
"It was a little after midnight, and I was trying to sleep mostly out of self-defense."

My initial rating for this book was 4.5 stars. Then, while I was trying to write a review (I say trying because all my attempts have been pretty unsuccessful by my standards), I just went ahead and changed it to 5. It felt like the right thing to do. I suppose it would be easy enough to start pointing out flaws, complain about this and that, compare this book to Linger and especially Shiver, but I don’t want
nicole
May 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
YOU GUYS.

With a release date of July 12, I feel that's about all I can say. So since I can't talk about the book, I'd like to take a minute to talk about the acknowledgments section, where Maggie says goodbye to Mercy Falls and the world she created there. It was one of my favorite worlds to read in over the past few years, since first picking up Shiver on a whim at Book Expo in 2009.

And when she wrote about Sam and Grace's relationship, and her statement to readers who always ask how they can
Elizabeth
** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS ** ** SPOILERS **

This is a difficult review to write, mostly due to the fact that my fists are clenched with the need to punch Ms. Stiefvater in the face. Seriously. Plus, it's actually taken me a few days to stew on and eventually digest the strange rollercoaster ride which is Forever.

So what happened? Well, there were some pacing problems. Big ones. At times the story seemed to get bogged down and Ms. Stiefvater's normally melodic prose became a little heavy handed.
tonya.
I just don't know. I feel like I'm betraying myself by not loving this book more.

To say I was disappointed in this book, the conclusion to one of my favorite series (okay, really just book, as I had a really hard time with Linger), is almost giving it too much credit. Disappointment carries with it some emotion, and the problem I had with Forever--much like I did with Maggie's latest, The Scorpio Races--was that I just didn't feel much of anything from it.

Sam Roth has been my number one book cr
Victoria ♡
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I usually have a habit of not finishing trilogys...just because I never want them to end. But this is one of the few where I just wanted to read about the characters so bad I had to read it! It did take me a while because I wanted to take my time with it and not rush the entire book in a day (which I could have easily done...)

This series has been on my tbr for a solid 5 years maybe(?) and I really regret not reading it sooner. I went into it thinking eh I'm probably not gonna like this but it w
Exina
"There was something vaguely
glorious about having a purpose again."

I have mixed feelings about Forever. The plot is pretty awesome (the second half), and I love Cole and Isabel together, but I’m disappointed with the storyline of Sam and Grace.

Maggie Stiefvater’s style is still as amazing in Forever as it was in Shiver and Linger. The story-building and the alternating viewpoints are delineated professionally.

The first half of the novel basically gives a sitrep of the characters and is about
Thomas
I wanted to start this review selfishly. I even wrote "I'm going to be selfish and begin this review by saying...", but decided against it after thinking for several minutes. I realized something during that time - I still couldn't extricate myself from the characters of the book, even though it was over. And I felt bad for it.

Another epiphany occurred moments later. This isn't supposed to happen. You read the book(s), you learn about the characters, you love them (or hate them), and you let the
Penny
DNF

I don't now why I even bothered with this book after the whole fiasco with Linger (Book 2).
These last two books are a complete change of dynamics from Shiver (Book 1). It went from a sweet magical romance to a typical young-adult fantasy series with characters an plot-lines I couldn't care less about or find less interesting.

The romance is what I loved so much about Shiver, it was beautiful, slow-building and tragic. That air of melancholy, that bubble of magic went away completely in the l
Brittany
2.5 Stars!!

“Mutual, respectful, enduring love is completely attainable as long as you swear you won't settle for less.”

Beautiful writing as always!! But I feel like something happened with this book. It ends so abruptly that I am left feeling at a loss. An extreme loss. I am glad that I found out there is one more book in this series- otherwise I would be like WHAT THE HECK?!?! I did not find this one to be as engaging as the first two. With the second one being so action packed, I just knew
Gigi Hudson
Aug 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's a testament to how well the author can write that I am in love with this book as I have always read books about supernatural/paranormal romance, but I have always had a fastidious distaste of werewolves.

I got this book by accident, and when I found out it was about werewolves, I didn't want to read it. But the cover (the uk cover) was so beautiful that I couldn't help but read it.
I fell in love with the book and its fluid plot line along with the gorgeous descriptive writing from Sam's ey
Dannii Elle
So, I think it is only fair to state that I had average feelings on the first book in this series and also really disliked the second book, before beginning this third instalment. Going in to this I was less than enthusiastic, which may have hindered my enjoyment before I even began. Why begin a book I was so sure I wasn't going to enjoy, you ask? Because I'm clearly a glutton for punishment with minor OCD about finishing a book series.

I did find this a vast improvement from the previous book, w
jv poore
Mar 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Ms. Stiefvater completely outdid herself writing Forever. The characters that we met, loved, and sometimes despised,in Shiver and Linger are more vibrant than ever. We get to know Isabel and Cole much better in Forever, and that knowledge makes them each a bit more endearing. The relationship between Grace and Sam still feels new and exciting, yet undoubtedly true and well...."forever" love. This stunning conclusion moves faster than even Shiver and Linger did, sometimes I wanted to find out wha ...more
Amelia, the pragmatic idealist
We apparently have a different opinion on what "forever" means. :S

First and foremost, To Whomever wrote that synopsis or whatever up at the top, "thrilling" is not a word that I would use to describe the first 250 pages...

Basically, I did not like this installment. More often than not it was a bore and a chore to get through. And I hate typing that! Shiver is still one of my favorite novels ever, and I did enjoy Linger, though not quite as much. This whole series and its progression really got
Mel
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015, 5-stars
I know this series is a hit or miss series, and for most it's a miss, but for me this was a hit. I love the characters too much to hate this story. I am absolutely happy with the conclusion to this story. There are a few unanswered questions at the end but knowing Sinner exists I'm not upset about them. I just adored this trilogy and this is actually one of those series that I think about sometimes without realizing it. It makes me nostalgic for twilight since its basically the wolves story in t ...more
Steph Sinclair

Actual rating: 3.5 stars

In a recent Q&A discussion, Maggie Stiefvater mentioned that she loves to write books that will make you cry your little eyes out. And I did...for Shiver. I'm not sure what it is, but Linger and Forever just did not string up the same emotions. Did I enjoy them? Sure. But the magic just wasn't there like it was in Shiver.

Forever picks up a few weeks after the events in Linger. Sam is pretty much going through the motions until Grace shifts back into human form. The n
kazually
i can't with this series anymore
~Tina~
:Spoilers:

This series has been one long roller-coaster of pure emotional agony from the very first book till it hits the very last page in the third and final installment in, Forever.
We have shared epic love, sorrow and an adventure with these characters that I have never had the pleasure to do with other books. The writing is truly like a piece of art work. I'm sad to see this gorgeous series go and while I had my moments, both the good and the bad, these books will always be treasured in my h
Giovanna
Dec 13, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddy-read
Buddy read with Claudia <3

3.5

I love Maggie Stiefvater, I truly do. She's not my favourite author, but she is among my favourites, and her Raven Cycle is one of my favourite series of all time. And I fell for The Scorpio Races when I read it. The Wolves of Mercy Falls isn't a disappointment, because I expected not to like it like TRC and at some point I had even decided not to read it, but I can't give it more than 3 stars.

I couldn't help but notice that this Stiefvater is different than the
Amanda
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**3.5 STARS**

Forever by Maggie Stiefvater is the conclusion to the Wolves of Mercy Falls series. Its always hard to review a finale because there's so much to be said about how everything turned out. Honestly, I feel like I just became a wolf like Grace and Sam and all my human thoughts have abandoned me. I can only think in short thoughts right now so I'm just going to go with it.

What I Liked:

1. The imagery was top notch as usual. Maggie Stiefvater has a way of describing things that makes the
Taneika
More of my reviews can be found at Flipping Through the Pages!

This is going to be an incredibly difficult review.

Shiver had me interested, however it wasn't my favourite, Linger was even better and again, Maggie had me a snivelling wreck throughout the book. As for Forever? Oh, I wanted to love it, I really really did. There were bits I loved but honestly, my emotions were ALL OVER THE PLACE whilst reading that I just can't love it the way I loved Linger especially.

Forever explores Isabel's and
Miss Kim
As I progressed through Forever, I tried to keep an open mind that it was going to get better. I had seen the mixed reviews on GR, so I did know it probability was high that I was not going to love it.

However, after that…that… “ending”, I can only cough up two stars. I really think the author was bored with this series and its characters before she attempted to write the third. This one had no emotion, and it was dare I say boring.

Likes:
The covers of all three are very pretty, and if you read pa
Brigid ✩
In a nutshell: I really liked it. Not quite as much as the first two books, but I still liked it.

There were a lot of things I really appreciated about this series. I'm not a huge fan of paranormal romance because they all tend to be exactly the same, so I like that the Wolves of Mercy Falls had its unique traits. For example, Maggie Stiefvater actually bothered to create her own werewolf mythology/rules/etc. and not just, "I'm a werewolf ... just because." I really like the world she created and
Parajunkee
Jun 27, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
FOREVER BY MAGGIE STIEFVATER
This really pains me, but I did not enjoy FOREVER. This is a book that I have been looking forward to reading for a year. One year and ten days actually. So, I should have just powered through it…loved on it, rolled within the pages and then lamented on the end of an era. Sadly though, it was not to be. I actually had a hard time finishing this one? Don’t hate me, but it’s true. Stiefvater’s token prose actually grated on me and her descriptions dragged instead of tit
YA Buddy Readers'...: Forever (Wolves of Mercy falls #3) by Maggie Stiefvater --> Restarting February 1st 2019 46 244 Feb 14, 2019 03:47AM
how many of you wish cole and isabel got together? 76 275 Dec 31, 2018 03:36PM
Addicted to YA: Forever 14 70 Dec 19, 2018 05:21PM
Addicted to YA: Discussion Leader Sign Up: Forever 3 65 Dec 02, 2018 10:30AM
Future Teachers, ...: review 4 1 2 Oct 23, 2016 11:21PM
The Sloan Squad S...: Crazy, Impossible Love 4 4 Feb 06, 2016 11:47AM
The Sloan Squad S...: Intoxicating Love 1 2 Feb 02, 2016 04:21PM

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Trial by Fire (Raised by Wolves, #2)
  • Secrets and Shadows (13 to Life, #2)
  • The Lost Saint (The Dark Divine, #2)
  • Original Sin (Personal Demons, #2)
  • Nocturne (Claire de Lune, #2)
  • Summer's Crossing (Iron Fey, #3.5)
  • Bloodrose (Nightshade #3; Nightshade World #6)
  • Supernaturally (Paranormalcy, #2)
  • Dark of the Moon (Dark Guardian, #3)
  • Illusions (Wings, #3)
  • Cabel's Story (Dream Catcher, #1.1)
  • Tempestuous (Wondrous Strange, #3)
  • Shift (Shade, #2)
  • Fateful
  • Deadly Little Games (Touch, #3)
  • Bad Taste in Boys (Kate Grable, #1)
  • Circle of Fire (Prophecy of the Sisters, #3)
New York Times bestselling author of The Shiver Trilogy, The Raven Cycle, and The Scorpio Races. Artist. Driver of things with wheels. Avid reader.

All of Maggie Stiefvater's life decisions have been formed by a desire to leave a mark, resulting in spray-painted cars, sharpie-covered computer printers, ink-splattered walls, and stories told in books, in magazines, and on stages. Maggie Stiefvater l

The Wolves of Mercy Falls (4 books)
  • Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1)
  • Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2)
  • Sinner (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #4)
“People shouldn't have to earn kindness. They should have to earn cruelty.” 868 likes
“People don't change who they are. They only change what they do with it.” 433 likes