Start by marking “Stanley in Space” as Want to Read:
Stanley in Space

Stanley in Space (Flat Stanley #3)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  1,084 Ratings  ·  57 Reviews
Originally published: London: Methuen, 1990.
Published August 11th 2009 by Turtleback Books (first published January 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Stanley in Space, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stanley in Space

Arwen
Jan 13, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Talk about milking an idea too far. Flat Stanley is a truly fun book for kids. Stanley Flat Again is also pretty good. This one is just ridiculous, and takes the suspension of disbelief too far.
Ashley Polansky
Title: Stanley in Space
Author: Jeff Brown
Illustrator: Scott Nash
Genre: Science Fiction
Theme(s): Space, family, adventure, savior, teamwork
Opening line/sentence: It was Saturday morning, and Mr. and Mrs. Lambchop were putting up wallpaper in the kitchen.
Brief Book Summary: The President of the United States calls upon Stanley Lambchop to help represent the Earth in a mission to save the Tyrrans before they become extinct. He is going to be the first human to fly in the Star Scout (top secret spa
Adam
Jun 26, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the part about a planet that was really different from earth.
Amber
May 27, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-readers
Not as good as the 1st book but a good story.
Hannah Russell
A cute little story, but I didn't appreciate the dig against scientists and GMOs.
Katie
Silly without much actual effort from the titular Stanley.
Sarah Sammis
Feb 12, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: released
I first ran into Stanley Lambchop through the "Flat Stanley Project" when Sean and I participated in a Flat Stanley in 2005. Stanley Lambchop, though is a character from a number of books by Jeff Brown, the first being Flat Stanley (1964).

Stanley in Space is one of the last books in the series and was published the year Jeff Brown died (2003). In it, Stanley and his family (for reasons unknown to me) are requested to fly into space to visit a distant planet that the United States and Britain ha
Ensiform
Apr 22, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, kidfic
The Lambchops are contacted by the President, who confides to them that the Earth has been contacted by an alien planet, Tyrra, and that the USA plans to send a normal American family on a mission of peace. When they arrive, the Lambchops find they have been borough to Tyrra under false pretenses, but decide to help the Tyrrans, who are not bad at heart, and only a few inches tall.

I read this to my kindergarten class, and found it even rougher going than the previous book, as Brown’s style of di
Asield014
Sep 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1st-trimester
Well, I thought this book was a good book to read and that it was also an interesting book to read. I liked this book because I enjoy reading this type of book series and their's more than 1 book to read. I also like this book because since I have read this book more than once so I have connections and more thoughts about the book the more times I read it. So this Is why I like this book.
When I read this book It makes me feel like I can read even more. I gave this book 5 stars because when I rea
Richard
I am all for children's stories bending the laws of physics and ignoring certain rules of logic in order to tell the story, but the amount of silliness and lack of logic here just annoyed me. It is difficult to say why i breeze through a dozen volumes of astrosaurs, completely ignoring the impossibility of a stegosaurus being the captain of a spaceship, when the mention of what the crew in 'Stanley' had to get rid of and to what degree, in order to get the Tyrrans into their spaceship, totally a ...more
Kati
Mar 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juvenile
Another great story about Stanley Lambchop (aka Flat Stanley, although he's not flat in this adventure)and his family. This one has the Lambchop family going to space on a mission for the President. When they arrive at the planet of Tyrra, they find the residents there were not really being friendly when they sent their message. Stanley and his family are almost captured by the Tyrrans, until they realize they are only three inches tall. After becoming friends with the Tyrran people the Lambchop ...more
Krista
Jun 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stanley in Space is a really cute adventure of Flat Stanley as his family and him travel in space to a planet that has sent a message to Earth! My children love these adventures this is the 3rd book with Flat Stanley we have read. On this adventure he teaches everyone that it is better to be helpful and kind than take things from people.

Stanley's family gets to know the Tyrran's which are tiny people on a different planet in need of help so Stanley's family has to find a way to help!

I recommend
Danny
Sep 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stanly isn't ordinary boy. Not ordinary things happen to him. He got flat, he got invisible, stuff like that.
This time, the president of United State of America choose stanly's family to ride on space ship 'Star Scout'.
So they went and they land on Tyrran's planet and Tyrrans told their planet became toxic because of wrong science experience. So Tyrrans moved to earth.(Because they were very small and all of their weight was just enough to ride 'Star Scout.)
Nicole
Nov 10, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Flat Stanley fans
I wasn't very impressed with this book, but my son seemed to like it. It's an extremely cheesy, far-fetched adventure where the President of the United States calls up the Lampchops and recruits them for a mission to save a planet in space called Tyrra. I did think the naming of all the people on Tyrra was clever (Ap, Ik, Ot, etc.). Again, not one I would recommend, but my son liked it.
Tommy
Jan 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stanley in space is about this family that goes in space. The family goes to the plantet tryra. The starts counting 10 said the control.They press the start buttion 9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 blast off.Then they were in space and stanley wonders if the tryra people were nice. you will find out the rest when read the book
Fix Relaxed
Dec 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is about a normal familiy but not stanley he was flat one day because of a big bulliten board fell on him while he was sleeping.... and now he gets to go on a space ship called star scout to another planet called Tyrra and when they get there there little people of 3 inches tall... im gonna stop not to ruin the book fo u guys
Dree
I don't get why Stanley is so popular. This one is even worse. It seems very forced and has many inconsistencies. My 7yo kept walking away, though he did enjoy the pictures of the Tyrrans. And started begging to go to Legoland to see Miniland, again.
Child960801
Aug 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novels
This one got lost in the couch for a while as well so took some time to finish. Stanley and his family are called by the President of the United States and sent on a mission to a planet where they meet and help the small inhabitants.
Amy
Bea says she enjoyed this book - and certainly it held her attention. It isn't at all scientific/realistic about space exploration, if that matters to you. See review of "Flat Stanley" for my take on this.
Randy
Dec 07, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I gave this book a 4 becuse in some ports it dint sae how they fiks the rockit.
My favert port was wene they were still in the rokit and the dad's pants fall
and the parsnt was lafing at hem so date was my favert port of the book.
soldier
Jan 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this book a boy named Stanley Lambchop has a chance to go to space with his familly.When they get there first the space people treated them bad then they started to be friends and they show Stanley and his familly their world.
Claire
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Son loves the Stanley stories and this one was no exception. Obviously not accurate about space travel, it's all a bit of fun. That's all that's important when you're 5 :)
Chelsie Erin
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story! Ridiculous of course but it is a children's book and therefore fully exceptable and fun.
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the president heard up stanley's invisibility. she asks stanley to go to this planet where they meet tiny people.
Christina McKnight
Kids book...funny story :)
Tara
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My boys loved this story. It kept their attention and they're only 2 and 4. Now you know it's a good story when toddlers will sit and listen.
Samantha
lol
emily
Oct 13, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
SO OLD
Bonnie
Aug 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My all time favorite Stanley book
  • The Flying Chinese Wonders (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures #7)
  • Stop That Hamster! (Ready, Freddy!, #12)
  • The Canary Caper (A to Z Mysteries, #3)
  • The Class Election From The Black Lagoon (Black Lagoon Adventures #3)
  • March Of The Ankylosaurus (Dinosaur Cove, #3)
  • Nate the Great and the Stolen Base
  • Girls Don't Have Cooties
  • The Littles Go Exploring
  • Horrible Harry and the Holidaze
  • St. Patrick's Day
  • The Mystery of the Carnival Prize (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #9)

Jeff Brown had worked in Hollywood and as an editor and writer in New York before creating Flat Stanley, a hero for the youngest readers whose adventures, with illustrations by Tomi Ungerer, were first published in 1964. Flat Stanley became the star of a series of perpetually popular books. The last, "Stanley, F
More about Jeff Brown...

Flat Stanley (6 books)
  • Flat Stanley (Flat Stanley, #1)
  • Stanley and the Magic Lamp (Flat Stanley, #2)
  • Invisible Stanley (Flat Stanley, #4)
  • Stanley's Christmas Adventure (Flat Stanley, #5)
  • Stanley, Flat Again! (Flat Stanley, #6)