Start by marking “Unspeakable Words (The Sixth Sense #1)” as Want to Read:
Unspeakable Words (The Sixth Sense #1)

Unspeakable Words

(The Sixth Sense #1)

The Sixth Sense: Book One

Special Agent John Flynn is everything Jerry Parker is not: dangerously handsome, coolly charismatic, and respected by his peers. Special Agent Parker is dedicated and meticulous, but his abrasive personality has given him a reputation for being difficult. When new information on a cold case appears, Parker is assigned to work with Flynn, and the
ebook, 2nd, 164 pages
Published November 16th 2010 by Dreamspinner Press

Kaje Harper
Sep 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, mystery, paranormal
4.5 stars. I really enjoyed this book, and only docked the half-star for the author violating one of the unwritten rules of M/M romance. Usually I'm all about throwing rules away, as long as the story is well written, which this was. But in this case I vote with the majority. (view spoiler) ...more
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
This book was unbelievably cute. I finished it in one sitting when I haven't been able to finish anything else for months.

Jerry is a socially awkward FBI agent. He's respected for his encyclopedic mind and his ability to sniff out information. The thing is that nobody likes working with him in the field because he's a bit of an uppity know-it-all. As a result Jerry never gets to be the superstar who makes the arrest. Bummer, right? Jerry thinks so.

John Flynn is the anti-Jerry. He's cool, slick,
Susan
Jun 12, 2013 rated it liked it

This book was a pleasant surprise...

The paranormal element was fun.
The MC's were a nice opposites-attract mix.
The mystery kept me guessing.

But beware: this is a true GFY story and ALL the smexy happens off page and is only lightly referred to.

This book will not change your world. In fact, I read this 2 weeks ago and 1) forgot I hadn't even written a review and 2) had trouble remembering the story.

BUT, it's entertaining-enough while you're reading it (from what I recall) and I works as a good in
Rosa, really

To all the readers out there who decided to wait until the second book in this series (Walk a Mile) was published before starting this one:

description

Seriously, people who make intelligent decisions just piss me off.

Like a fool, I just said la-la-la to all the reviews that said:
This book needs a sequel.
When will there be a sequel?
Like, seriously, dude. SEQUEL IS NEEDED.
I think that last one was me after I read it the first time.

It's not that it ends on a cliffhanger--nothing that dramatic. But there are at
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Apr 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. Flynn (straight) and Jerry (gay) are special agents paired together to catch a serial killer. These guys are great together. I loved their easy-going banter, both before and after Flynn's telepathic issues come into play, as well as before and after they took things to the next level. I loved how they worked together to deal with and gain control of the powers and how they used them to help with the case. There is a slow build up for these guys - they dont even kiss ...more
Heller
Aug 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-pnr, mm-ltoyw, mm-cops
It needs to be said right out that this book needs a sequel.

(view spoiler)

This was such a different read. The PNR elements were so different but (view spoiler)

Flynn comes to come to San Francisco to do extra work on a se
Gigi
Sep 05, 2012 marked it as dnr-dnf-not-4-me
With so many FANTASTIC books out there ready to be read, I am taking this piece from Susan's review

...this is a true GFY story and ALL the smexy happens off page and is only lightly referred to.

and passing on this one.

Sheri
Nov 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Okay, this has potential but it’s a total cliffy!
I wanna know what happens! But do I wanna read another couple hundred pages to do so?
I’m not sure? Maybe?

I enjoyed the paranormal aspect, it’s like that Mel Gibson movie, “What women want” but with a gay FBI/museum twist!
What happened?
Why can he hear thoughts?
How will this influence his investigative work?
And beyond that...his personal relationships?
Like his sudden attraction to his partner?!
Whoa!

It’s slow going...the last 20% was the bes
V
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved this story, I really did, the only reason that I didn't rate it 5 stars is because of this:
I was so looking forward to read the first sexual scene just to be so disappointed about it, call me a freak if you must but this is the way I see it.
Do you know how salty and sweaty you're after a run? let me tell you, very, very salty, you can't even lick your lips because the salt is disgusting.
How in Earth an author can write a sex scene when one of the characters just came back from a run all
Ami
Simsala
Nov 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
Funny and touching story.I love men who love cats!
I was tempted to give it 5 stars,but the mystery is a bit weak.Many questions were unanswered in this book which is definitely the start of a series - or a sequel at least.And the relationship between the two MC`s just has begun....
I really liked the slow build up - no too tight pants and sparking handshakes on the first pages....

It must be a pain in the ass to write a story with a mind-reading character.Not easy to avoid "thinking-mistakes" espe
⚣Michaelle⚣
4.0 Stars

A solid mystery and engaging read! Yeah, I put it on the GangBang option shelf because the summary seemed interesting but I didn't expect to like it as much as I did.

I think I would have rated it a tiny bit higher if that lengthy, graphic blowjob scene there at the end had led to a detailed description of Flynn's first gay-sex scene (rather than fade-to-black). But still...the UST here was off the charts for 90+% of the book and so it wasn't that much of a let down.

Hoping for some of th
Mandy*reads obsessively*
I really liked this story, there was a lot going for it, but really, it ended like that?
So not fair Ms Madison! I really hope you are working on a sequel right this minute! LOL

(view spoiler)

A nice easy read that I finished in one sitting! :)
Hannah
3.5 stars. Rounded up for Goodreads.

This is one of those instances where the overall impression a book leaves behind is greater than the sum of its individual components. Unspeakable Words is a good book, but a far from perfect one. Too many important aspects of the story are left unexplained, a few of the scenes are confusing or oddly structured, and one important aspect of the plot is hastily and clumsily resolved in a couple paragraphs of exposition near the end of the book. But in spite of t
Natasha
Mar 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Surprisingly enjoyable. 3.5 stars!

I can't imagine liking a paranormal book that is a little along the lines of Dr. Doolittle (author's words!), but it was really, really fun. And pretty cute. The romance, that is. The actual mystery... very back burner.

I've never read anything by Sara Madison, but I must say I really like her writing. Something about it is engaging.

Would recommend for a fast, easy little read.
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Nov 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
I really liked it, would have probably loved it if it was longer and if the two main characters would have gotten together sooner. Nothing is shown of their relationship really of how that would work out. With GFY i guess i expect more of a story after they get together.

Hope there is a sequel
Debra
Review originally posted at Sinfully.

The story is told from Jerry’s POV. Jerry is an FBI agent with an eidetic memory, and an almost compulsive need for order and control of his surroundings. He feels he is stalled at work, where his memory skills keep him behind the scenes instead of out in the field. He has created a lonely life for himself that revolves around work with the remainder of his time mostly spent in his apartment with his cat. He has a love of literature and cooking and spends ple
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
This was a very amusing, short story. I enjoyed it very much and I'll definitely be reading it again.

Jerry Parker is a hard guy to get along with. He's basically a genius dedicated to his job but is so anal he's hard to work with. He's bitter because he's the 'go to' man when people need help but he's always taken off cases before he can finish one. John Flynn is the opposite. He's an adrenaline junkie with an almost perfect case record. He gets the case and he finds the criminal. When they're p
M'rella
The story wasn't concentrated on the police work entirely, a big portion of it was devoted to accepting and embracing life changes, not simply coping with them. Loved that.

Half a star off for the dirty (not in a good way at all) bj at the end of the book *shrug and shrug again*, and for the ugly cover. Someone, please help Flynn to carry that cross around his neck, and as for Jerry's arm - is there a doctor in the house? The man needs help!

...and what is it with the frying pans on the covers lat
Chris
Nov 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Excellent paranormal m/m romantic suspense about a very precise San Francisco-based FBI agent who's been shuffled around a lot because he's not easy to deal with. He gets assigned a temporary partner from Quantico because of a new lead in an old case. When his temporary partner ends up sleeping on his couch, his orderly world is disrupted and things start to get interesting. I'm definitely hoping for more books about these two!!
Rafa Brewster
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Reviewed for Just Love
I received an advance review copy in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Unspeakable Words was my first book by Sarah Madison and up to a certain point, I thought it was well-written, just perhaps lacking in oomph. Jerry is a very buttoned up and highly detailed-oriented agent who doesn’t get along with his peers, whereas Jerry is the hotshot who was flown back into town to follow up on an unsolved case. The book, which was written in Jerry’s POV was (unsurprisingly) meti
Christy
I've always been fascinated by the FBI's profiling department, and, in particular, serial killer cases. I suppose the part that interests me is trying to figure out why they do it versus how. Of course, the more I've studied, the more I've realized that sometimes there is no answer to the why. Since I had been spectacularly impressed with Sarah Madison's work before, I was ready to jump right into this adventure.

Special Agent Jerry Parker is detail-oriented, a loner, an excellent researcher, a l
Morgana
I liked this book. A lot. I only wish some things were made clear. What I mean is that I would like to find out more about the artifact and see the Grimm Fairy Tale case resolved.

Well, the ending has a great opening for a sequel, so maybe we will see the Special Agents again. I sure hope so.

I loved Jerry and John. Loved the humour and the soundproof booth (those who already read the book know what I mean LOL).

All in all, that was a very enjoyable read.
Mandi
Dec 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
I simply adored this book. The main characters, the plot, the dialogue and chemistry...just loved it all.

I'm hoping the author makes this a series because there is just so much more to tell!

ETA - reread October 2014. Still loved the book and so happy the author finally published the next!
Lori K
Mar 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Very funny. I want more of these 2.
Lisa The Novel Approach
3.5 Stars ~ I have enjoyed this author’s work on many occasions and this novel had some great moments in it, but Unspeakable Words also left me rather at a loss primarily because I felt little to no connection to either of the main characters. This happens sometimes, and I feel it is through no fault of the writer; rather, it simply was not a novel that I felt drawn to and so I want to be extra cautious in this review to find the merits of this story, for they were definitely there.

FBI agent Jer
Ayanna
Mar 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
O_o check out the cover dude's deformed arm...

*sigh. How sad. The single arm he DOES have is deformed...

Post-Read EtA:
Godawful cover. Just godawful.
Hmm...3.5?

Aside from the cover, it was actually quite good. The paranormal element was really quite random and, in my opinion, not quite fully capitalized on.
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
You have one underappreciated FBI agent forced to help another who is his opposite. Jerry's people skills are bad at best. Flynn can charm anyone.
They end up together a lot longer than they expected. Add an inconvenient powers Flynn gets from a strange artefact and Jerry has more problems than his attraction to a very beautiful straight guy.
There are so many things that aren't resolved that I can't help but wonder if there is a sequel planned. All we know about the artefact is where it came from
Meggie
I totally forgot about this series and even if I re-read Unspeakable Words today, I hardly remembered the plot. I'm glad Dreamspinner released 2nd Edition this year, so I could enjoy this book once more. Great work by this author.
2014/October/5 - 4 star rating
A sequel to this part was released a couple of days ago, and of course I had to re-read this book first. And I done it, easily. The storyline wasn't extremely developed or long, but was enjoyable enough. I hope the second book goes deeper
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Hide Out (Private Dicks, #2)
  • Pale as a Ghost (Duncan Andrews Thrillers, #1)
  • Cards on the Table
  • Like Pizza and Beer (Dino Martini Mysteries, #2)
  • The Ghost on My Couch
  • The Long Way Home
  • Private Eye (Liaisons #1)
  • A Reason To Believe
  • Deadly Nightshade (Deadly Mystery, #1)
  • The Hanged Man's Ghost (The Night Wars, #1)
  • Spin Out (Deputy Joe, #2)
  • Pas de Deux
  • 72 Hours
  • Dead in the Desert (L.A. Paranormal, #3)
  • Urban Shaman
  • Rinse and Repeat (Repeater, #1)
  • Pressure Head (The Plumber's Mate #1)
  • Hell Cop

Sarah Madison has a large dog, and an even bigger horse, too many cats, and a very patient boyfriend. She enjoys photography, hiking with her German Shepherd, and competing her horse in the sport of combined training and eventing. Writing has become a passion that sometimes

The Sixth Sense (3 books)
  • Walk a Mile (The Sixth Sense #2)
  • Truth and Consequences (The Sixth Sense #3)
“You know,” Flynn said, pausing to look over the brim of the glasses at him, “when you start shouting „soundproof booth!‟ I can pretty much tell you‟re thinking about me.”
“As long as the „what‟ remains a mystery, I‟ll die a happy man,” Jerry said.”
5 likes