Start by marking “Dream Lover” as Want to Read:
Dream Lover

Dream Lover

3.35  ·  Rating details ·  89 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Supernaturally sensual and captivating, Dream Lover is a feast of fanciful delights. Kristina Wright, editor of the popular Fairy Tale Lust, presents a potent potion of fun and sexy tales filled with male fairies and clairvoyant scientists, as well as darkly erotica tales of ghosts, shapeshifters, and possession. Dream Lover asks the reader to explore the realm of the othe ...more
Published May 1st 2011 by Cleis Press (first published April 8th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Dream Lover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dream Lover

Amy
Apr 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
First, let me say that is am very bias when it comes to short stories. I really do not like them unless they are erotica.
When I saw the title, I thought this book would be great; several short stories of erotica. I looked at the authors and contributors and only saw a couple of recognizable names. Another good sign because a lot of name authors write the kind of erotica I like in a pseudonym.
This book was not that bad, but I was very disappointed because I was expecting erotica. This book is rom
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
What’s your darkest desire? Your most secret fantasy lover? A vampire? A ghost? Or something more? Whatever it is that lurks deep within your heart, you’re sure to find it within the pages of Dark Lover, an anthology of fun and exciting, as well as seriously sexy stories of the paranormal kind.

Love Resurrection by Justine Elyot leads off the series with a charming yet steamy ghost story. Freya is bound and determined to get long-dead poet Lucien Mountfichet’s name known to the world at large. W
Tonya
Jul 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! This book was soooo good!!! Filled with a bunch of great short stories!! If you like paranormal romance, you'll enjoy this HOT book!!! ;-)
Aymee
An anothology full of steamy, sexy and interesting paranormal stories. A little bit of everyting for everyone. All stories were at least 3 stars or better and the overall anthology was wonderful.
Natasja
Apr 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Love Resurrection by Justine Elyot: Lucien Mountfitchet has been in the devil’s service for about hundred years, the only way to break that bond is by human love. Freya has always been attracted to Lucien’s work and when the dreams started she knew he was near.

Dreaming by the sea by Delilah Devlin: Despoine is living in a beach house near the sea, but for some reason she cannot remember she fears the big ocean. So when one night a handsome man, named Thane comes out of the water telling her it’s
Pamela
I enjoy paranormal romance and urban fantasy, and I also enjoy a good, hot sex scene in a book. Luckily for me, Dream Lover fits the bill. It’s a solid collection of sexy paranormal stories: some more romantic, some more erotic, and all hot.

The Hits

The stories I liked best, in terms of storytelling blended with erotica, were “Living Off Lovers” by Kristina Lloyd, “Folly” by Kate Pearce, and “Lust As Old As Us” by Madeline Moore. “Living Off Lovers” is a strange story, told from the point of view
Book Binge
Jul 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
Dream Lover is a collection of seventeen quite short but red-hot and steamy stories, each with their own little paranormal twist. From a ghostly encounter with a dead poet to a mermaid and her lost mate, a rainmaker who just needs her man, to dead lovers reuniting through new lovers there's something for everyone.

When you pick up this collection, be sure to read the foreword by Megan Hart, which is so very well written. I love what she has to say about fantasies and how, "in fantasies, we're saf
Stephanie  G
"Love Resurrection" by Justine Elyot

Freya had found her self head over heals for a dead poet. So she moved into his old home that is now a tourist attraction just to be closer to him. Close to him indeed, he came to her nightly finally her love gives him life but not without conditions.

This story was cute. Simple, the characters played there part and made the story work. It just didn't stand our for me. But the story was sweet and to the point a five minute read.

"Devil's Food" by Shanna Germain

L
Angela
Apr 02, 2011 rated it it was ok
Each of the stories in this anthology are about 15 to 20 pages long. I was looking forward to a good sampling of authors and some new ideas.

I got the sampling of authors...but that's about it. I read through the entire first half of the book, and then skimmed looking for stories that interested me to the end.

There is a good mix here, and I'm pretty hard to please with short stories. Most of them were written well, and just didn't resonate with me.

The 'Erotic' part of the title - well, I just
Maura Badji
Apr 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Everybody has erotic dreams, right? For many of us those dreams are best enjoyed when a healthy dose of romance is stirred into the mix. Romantic erotic fantasy helps us get through the mundane realities of day-to-day life and sometimes inspires us to spark up the everyday in surprising ways. No harm, no foul. But what if you woke to find your fantasy lover beside you in the all-too real flesh? Would you feel insane? Ecstatic? Afraid?

Dream Lover: Paranormal Tales of Erotic Romance presents 17 s
Cherise
May 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is an anthology of 17 Paranormal Erotic Tales.

This book was absolutely excellent, one of my favorite anthologies, ever. I am only sorry that it took me so long to finally read and review it. Out of the 17 tales I can’t think of one that I didn’t like or wasn’t impressed with. Sure, I liked some more than others, but all of them were exceptionally well written and deliciously sexy.

Each story is very short, but I was really impressed by the level of detail and sensuality that each author
Sidsel Pedersen
A little bit about my view on each story

Love Resurrection: Quite interesting story, good steamy scene. Definitely a Gothic story.

Dreaming by the Sea: Really lovely story.

Devil's Food: Uh sexy baker and elf hotness. If you like mixing food and sex.

Rainmaker: Hot weird fiction. Very strait forward story line.

Shattered Belle: Odd ghost story. Not very sexy - just a bit odd and a bit sad. Didn't get great emotion out of me.

Living off Lovers: Quite disturbing and I am not sure I would actually have
Denise Psoinos
Sep 04, 2011 rated it liked it
Read the foreword before you begin since it sets you up with the right state of mind for this type of book. Some of the stories were great, some were kind of silly. I was really in the mood for some summer romance, and I can't deal with those Harlequin paperbacks, so this definitely hit the spot. The best story by far was Living Off Lovers by Kristina Lloyd. Would love to see it developed into a novel. Highly recommended if you like this kind of stuff.
Marisella
A wonderfully diverse mix of short stories that encompass all manners of dreams - from scary hot to sweetly sexy. Well written, all of these stories were remarkably good, it was difficult to tear myself away long enough to eat (because reading smut at the dinner table with your kids and husband is in bad taste)
Erika
Dec 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Whatever creature of the night you desire, you're sure to find one here. Very well written anthology of paranormal romantic stories. Sex scenes are around a 3/5 in terms of heat, so I wouldn't necessarily categorize this as erotica. Definitely recommend.
Roxanne Rhoads
Oct 08, 2011 rated it liked it
I was a little disappointed in this book. I really wanted more from the stories- more lust, more dream like paranormal tales that would epitomize the genre- but many of the stories fell short.

It was a good read- but not excellent.
Kathy
Jul 14, 2011 rated it liked it
Cheryl
It was good for what it was. Very much served its purpose. The writing was decent overall. Quick little summer read.
Raynell
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Red Velvet and Absinthe
  • Friendly Fire
  • Frenzy: 60 Stories of Sudden Sex
  • The Lone Warrior (The Four-Sided Pentacle, #3)
  • And Then There Were Four (Epilogue to Fairyville)
  • Best Lesbian Bondage Erotica
  • Best Lesbian Romance 2009
  • Fangs of Anarchy - Girl Most Lycan (Part 2)
  • The Bargaining
  • Naughty Godmother (Montana Fairies, #1)
  • Obsessed
  • Betting on Julia (Melville Sisters, #2)
  • Fairytales Slashed Volume 1 (Fairy Tales Slashed, #1)
  • The Duke & the Pirate Queen

“My distant past, that is. The last time we were together he said he’d leave me to figure things out in my own time, and a lot of that sort of time has passed.” 0 likes