Start by marking “The Talisman And Black House” as Want to Read:
The Talisman And Black House

The Talisman And Black House (The Talisman #1-2)

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  3,645 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
Stephen King and Peter Straub. LIMITED/SIGNED BY STRAUB AND BERRY. The Talisman and Black House. Hampton Falls: Donald M. Grant, 2003. First edition of the limited collection. Limited to 3,500 numbered and signed sets. Signed by Straub and the illustrator, Rick Berry on the limitation page. Publisher's binding, dust jackets, and slipcase.

Donald M. Grant, Publisher, is pro
Hardcover, Limited Edition, 3500 signed copies
Published October 2003 by Hampton Falls: Donald M. Grant (first published October 29th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Talisman And Black House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Talisman And Black House

Margaret
Jan 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Ok, so here's me being silly: I read The Black House first because I'd never heard of it before and I picked up a used copy at my library's book sale (it was a buck, too...what a deal!)

I soon discovered, when I started reading the first page, that it was a sequel, but I decided to forge ahead anyway, just to see if I would be interested in such a thick tome. I was riveted. Just absolutely riveted, and I'm almost ashamed to admit that, given that Stephen King and Peter Straub are so mainstream. B
Todd Flatland
Mar 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
These two books are collectively my favorite book. I feel more connection with the main character, Jack Sawyer, than with any other character. His youthful cheerfulness at the beginning still shines through with his wonder of the Territories despite how hard the path he takes is. I would LOVE to receive this book in Hardcover with the 2 of them combined. I should say that they should cite that this was co-written with Straub, who I think is responsible for the enjoyable ending to this wonderful ...more
Μανώλης Σιμιτσάκης
Εάν σας φανεί πικρόχολο στην αρχή, μην το αφήσετε. Οι πρώτες 40 σελίδες είναι. Στη συνέχεια ξετυλίγεται μια καταπληκτική ιστορία περιπέτειας και φαντασίας. Το διάβασα πριν 12 χρόνια περίπου και ακόμα θυμάμαι τη σκηνή με τον λύκο, στην οποία η περιγραφή ήταν τόσο ζωντανή που σχεδόν το ζούσα. Εξαιρετικό βιβλίο για το είδος του.
Παρ' όλα αυτά, δίνω 4 αστέρια, λόγω του ότι περίμενα περισσότερα στο τέλος.
Kellie Mccartney
Sep 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
OMG both of these books are fantastic!!!
Susan Mazur Stommen
Dec 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
I wish they would write more of these. Some of both Straub and Kings most vivid imagery.
Jenny E
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Memorable. Read them twice.
Melissa Demann
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Talisman is my favorite... favorite... favorite book of all time.
Brandon Anderson
Dec 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Emily
Aug 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed both of these books, Especially the talisman to me it felt like an epic adventure that remided me a lot of the world in Steven Kings dark tower series (which i also loved!) Both of these books are so beautifully written and i found i got really into both of these volumes and had a very hard time putting them down reading into the early morning sometimes. If your looking for an entertaing scary and sometimes beautiful advernture put this on your list
sascha
Mar 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I love the boy adventure coming of age stories mixed with archetypal good vs evil. This one is grimmer than "a boy's life" by R McCammon but a great story. It has parallel worlds, a boy and his companion, danger and suspense. I'm thinking I’m going to read it to the boys (if M2 indicates he's ready). It's a scary read, true to form King dispatches whatever character needs to go to further the story, and the boy makes it to the other side in the end.
P.S. Winn
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
These are my two favorite books b Mr. King and with Peter Straub's amazing writing skills added, the two have written some books that take the reader into another world. I love the writing in this book which felt like I was sitting down with the author's and enjoying a story they were sharing. Unbelievable journey readers have to grab!
Elisabeth
Feb 16, 2008 rated it really liked it
a wonderful collaboration between S King and P Straub. If you know them both, you can tell when one puts down the pen and the other picks it up. I have always thought Peter Straub is a tough read; not a fluent writer, but I love his stories. Struggle through.
Michael
Jan 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
VERY Good Book. Miles above average. Probably Mr King's and Mr Straub's Opus work before the writing of the "Dark Tower" series of books. Well worth the time it took to read, it leaves the reader satisfied and happy.
Pauline Deegan
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I had read the Talisman many years ago and decided to read it again this year. It was as amazing as the first time. I went straight into reading the Black House and it didn't disappoint. A must read for all Fantasy readers. Would make an epic movie
Andrea
Sep 18, 2008 rated it really liked it
When I read this book I got it from the Library and it was only Black House...but I couldn't find it that way on here. I LOVED it and thought it was a great story. It was a little hard for me to stomach at times but it was wonderfully told.
Jul 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Such a fun and different and very exciting set of stories! I truly can't think of a bad thing to say, other than I wish there was more!!
Ioana
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic two-part series.
Victoria
Aug 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Good action adventure as well as Sci Fi thrown in. Unique ending.
Anne
Sep 15, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Anne by: Eve
Loved both books! I like the description, and the good guys are just... good, and I love them.
Flutie
Dec 04, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Maybe
For some reason this wasn't the most enjoyable read. If you're dying to know what happens after the original Talisman then go for it. Otherwise, there's other SK books much better!
Kirstin
Two of his finest books. Anyone who enjoys fantasy novels will enjoy these two.
Michael Iannacone
Mar 03, 2008 rated it liked it
The Talisman was not as good as Black House I thought. It seemed to be more filler then prefabricated story. There's a lot I loved about both these books though.
Elvis
Jun 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
Loved the talisman but had a hard time getting through Black house.
Sidkhan
Nov 27, 2008 marked it as to-read
nice
'Lana
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book so much I hugged it in thanks when it finished.
Greeneyeladyluck
i love steven king.
  • Night Visions 5
  • Clive Barker's Night Breed: Genesis
  • Rage
  • The Journals of Eleanor Druse: My Investigation of the Kingdom Hospital Incident
  • Stephen King's The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger - The Little Sisters of Eluria
  • Clive Barker's The Great And Secret Show, Volume 2
  • Misery
  • The Stand, Volume 5: No Man's Land
  • Creepshow
  • Forever After (Forever After, #1)
  • The Stephen King Companion
  • Peregrine's Tale (Includes: Cemetery Dance Signature Series, #6; The Turtle Boy #4)
  • The Fifth Dominion (Imajica Part #1/2)
  • Necroscope: Avengers (Necroscope, #13)
  • In The Flesh (Soul, #2)
  • Shadow Animals
  • The Iron Temple (Rifter, #9)
More about Stephen King

The Talisman (2 books)
  • The Talisman (The Talisman, #1)
  • Black House (The Talisman, #2)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• The Lathe of Heaven
    $7.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
    $9.99 $1.99
  • King of Thieves
  • Area 51 (Area 51, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Earth Strike (Star Carrier, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Parable of the Sower (Earthseed)
    $17.99 $2.99
  • The Mission (Area 51, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mongoliad (The Mongoliad Cycle Book 1)
  • The Fourteenth Goldfish
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Extinction Point (Extinction Point, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fate of Perfection (Finding Paradise #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Gates of Thread and Stone (Gates of Thread and Stone #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Earth & Sky (Earth & Sky, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sphinx (Area 51, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Rewinder (Rewinder Series Book 1)
  • Master of Formalities
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Grail (Area 51, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Falconer (The Falconer, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • The Eighth Guardian (Annum Guard, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Excalibur (Area 51, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Into the Black (Odyssey One, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fate of Devotion (Finding Paradise, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Points of Impact (Frontlines #6)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Shadows (The Fianna Trilogy, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Dystopia Chronicles (Atopia, #2)
  • The Guardian Herd: Starfire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
  • Once Was a Time
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Truth (Area 51, #7)
  • The Bird Eater
  • Ruined
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Exo (Exo #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Nosferatu (Area 51, #8)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Poor Man's Fight (Poor Man's Fight, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Abby in Wonderland (Whatever After, #10.5)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Palace Job (Rogues of the Republic #1)
  • Slaughterhouse-Five