Start by marking “Fit and Female: The Perfect Fitness and Nutrition Game Plan for Your Unique Body Type” as Want to Read:

3.48  ·  Rating details ·  31 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Ever wonder why some women look great with very little effort while others exercise and diet obsessively with disappointing results? The fact is, when it comes to getting in shape, all women are not created equal. We've all heard about apples and pears, but there's lots more to women's bodies than just that. If you've been frustrated by fad diets and the workout of the mon ...more
Published 2006 by Wiley

To ask other readers questions about Fit and Female, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fit and Female

Rebecca
Jun 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
If you sat down with a really competent personal trainer and nutritionist, this is what she would tell you. There are no shortcuts, doodads or gimmicks. If you want to be healthy:

Build muscle to improve your metabolism
Sweat to burn calories
Eat less-- keep track of your calories
Eat better (you know what you're supposed to do, kids: veggies, fruit, whole grains, less fat, less sugar)
Eat mindfully-- savor each bite
And love and accept your body for what it is. If you are curvaceous, love it and get
Desiree
Feb 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
I've always known that I was a pear and an endomorph. No big surprise there. And I've read other books that tackle the subject of not comparing yourself to celebrities, and being a real woman (Real Gorgeous by Kaz Cooke for one). Still, this was an enjoyable read and makes some good points that I hadn't really come to on my own, such as that dieting actually causes weight gain by slowing your metabolism several hundred calories a day o_O... that's exacerbated by muscle loss in crash dieting whic ...more
Tejka
Jul 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this book and felt that applying the information to my life will help me improve my eating habits and exercise routines. I really liked the part about loving your body first, it gave me motivation to set my goals for my body type and make this a long term success.
Skylar
Sep 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Pretty basic knowledge. Like the idea of exercises varied by body type but really that weren't very different. Good read for someone looking to gain some basic fitness and health knowledge geared for women.
emma
Aug 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfic, 2016
I appreciate this for the recommended types of training, tho I was hoping for more intensity in the actual suggested workouts.
Jaclyn
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction, 2013
didn't discuss much that I didn't already know. The exercises illustrated as arranged by body type might be useful.
Aug 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
A lot information and it has a fun quiz. I learned a lot about my body.
Falkor
Debra Byrd
May 31, 2016
Aug 12, 2013
Raquel Sands
rated it did not like it
Jun 09, 2014