Start by marking “Autobiography of a Spiritually Incorrect Mystic” as Want to Read:
Autobiography of a Spiritually Incorrect Mystic

Autobiography of a Spiritually Incorrect Mystic

An indispensable work for understanding the life and teachings of one of the most unusual mystics and philosophers of our time.

Ten years have past since, in the words of his attending physician, Osho prepared for his departure from the body that had served him for fifty-nine years "as calmly as though he were packing for a weekend in the country." This volume is recognitio
Published June 9th 2001 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published November 27th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Autobiography of a Spiritually Incorrect Mystic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Autobiography of a Spiritually Incorrect Mystic

Melanie
Sep 18, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people looking for a guru
Well, I had heard a bit about Osho as I am in the whole New Age thing, but I have to say, this guy is so full of himself, it's hard to see past it.
Osho was the guru who built a huge ashram in Oregon in the late 80s and was arrested for dipping his hands in the cookie jar more than once. He was known to live a lavish lifestyle and make no apologies about it. The book is his story, and the whole time, he just keeps reminding readers about how great he is.
To be fair, some of the things he has to s
Priya
Oct 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
"When a dewdrop slips from a lotus leaf into the ocean, it does not find that it is part of the ocean, it finds it is the ocean."

I picked this book out of curiosity to know what goes into the making of an enlightened master and I got my answer. It was a delightful read. It made me question a lot of things I took for granted and has left a lasting impact.
Claudius Odermatt
May 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those Seeking Truth, spiritual and religious individuals or those wanting a good laugh
I personally have immensely enjoyed this book, packed with great insight on life and 'god' were at times you may question yourself but then a couple pages later you burst into sheer laughter at the madness (especially when he goes on talking about his 93 RR's). Osho has strived for his whole life to get the 'truth' out to those who truly seek in such a way that he will help you realize the golden gems hidden within you as he understands humanity.

Having Osho share with us his experience you will
Michael Sinai
May 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Autobiographies from enlightened beings make for some of the most interesting and inspirational reading. This one is right up there at the top of the list.
Kavya
Oct 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is one autobiography one wants to read if she wants to know more about the person himself than the trivias surrounding his life. This book doesn't have any great details all the people who came in his life (for those who see a mention, sometimes even the basic like his/her name is skipped) to my utter relief !!. In order to build enough context, most of the biographies go in depth talking about the inane details starting form the person's schooling to what not. But this book doesn't has any ...more
Hlyan Htet Oo
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In this autobiography, Osho gets very personal. His recount of his childhood, his life as a college student and professor are so amusing, funny and also emboldening. Then his life as a spiritual master becomes rather exciting. When he went to America, it feels like I was reading a suspense or a crime novel. I already knew what was going to happen to the commune but I wanted to know his recount of the events, how he perceived them, what he learned and how he responded - and they were really heart ...more
Tejvinderbrar
Osho is spitually correct and always was he was an enlighyened master. In fact a master of masters. He had expeirnced enlightenment to its hightest level possible by man. he never was and never will be "spitually incorrect"
Narendra Singh
Dec 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who is seeker, or want to know about Osho
Recommended to Narendra by: I just got it in book store
This is a very good book. I like the book very much becasuse it tell much about religion, about osho and about being yourself. The line in this book which is like the most is "Be in the world, but don't be of it. Live in the world, but don't allow the world to live in you"
Swarna Pawar
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's a masterpiece about a master who took on the rotten belief systems. He lives on & his teaching will inspire people forever
Justin
Osho apparently experienced genuinely high spiritual states at one point, but he came under the influence of negative forces later in his life. He is best left alone.
Nick
Jul 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
"consciousness continues. The pilgrimmage of consciousness is endless. So what is happening in the consciousness, inside the body, will go on happening outside the body. That is a simple understanding." (xvii)

"But to me, spirituality has a totally different connotation. It needs an honest individuality. It does not allow any kind of dependence.
It creates a freedom for itself, whatever the cost. It is never in the crowd, but alone, because the crowd has never found any truth.The truth has been f
Tom Stevens
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you've read any of Osho's talks and want to know more about Osho, this book will give you some insight into Osho.

Or maybe not.

Osho was an enigma, and he liked it that way. He said things like "The answer you are seeking is that there is no answer." He told some great stories, including plenty of funny jokes, and he may have been a wonderful distraction for those who needed a coping mechanism, a way to distance themselves from the suffering of this existence. But Osho was a stirrer. He loved
Eden
Oct 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Osho's life story. It puts his teachings in context.
Osho has become a real teacher for me in the last year. From his words, I am learning to be alive in each moment, as "the future" is illusory and unknown and "the past" has already come and gone. He emphasized the equal importance of silence and celebration in the balanced, whole person. That is a balance I find incredibly difficult to strike, but am continuing to understand as a truly healthy way of being. Further, I am working to balance the
Michael Graber
Sep 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This autobiography was weaved together from many talks given by OSHO over a long period of time. The 30+ year span enabled something too rare in Autobiography, which is the summary of life from one temporal vantage point. Osho was such a talented speaker, critical thinker, and had such a sharp wit that this book ranks highest among the many autobiographies I have read (others that rate as high are Mark Twain and Steve Martin's Born Standing Up). More important, OSHO's insistence on meditation as ...more
J-russ
Jul 07, 2008 rated it liked it
What a life!
Although, I did find parts of it to be a bit egocentric for a man that claimed to be "empty" and "no one". It may be my own projections (as I think he would claim) but there were parts that seemed to belittle the average man and my other readings on him that were not by him pointed to some worrisome events in his journey. But, overall, it was a good read in which I admired the bravery the young Osho displayed and found that much more appealing that the older more arrogant and less e
Pritam Poddar
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
It is an enjoyable read. Towards the end, I felt it felt he was kind of dictating the truth. It was something like, "it is the way I say it is, it CANNOT be anything else", which some people may not like.

He did experience high spiritual states, no doubt about that, but some of his statements like meditation came from sex, etc. cannot be vouchsafed. That can be a hypothesis or even a theory, but he meant it like a law without adequate explanation.
Yogesh Raut
Oct 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
He was very wonderful man. Real Vagabond. The man who can forgo the ancestral property to become "Sanyasin" which is quite impossible for common man. He challenged all rotten traditions to set free human consciousness. He himself was banned in 21 countries due to pressure raised by America.

The book is wonderful as a man himself. I feel those who love Osho's reading must go for this book to understand his upbringing as a Sanyasin.
Krishnanand Khambadkone
A posthumously recreated Autobiography of Bhagwan Rajneesh.

If I start writing about all the good things in this book, that will result in another book so suffice to say that you should at this moment go to your nearest, library, bookstore, goodwill, thrift shop, friend's house, amazon, ebay, half.com, bug your relatives, godfather, godmother and somehow get a hold of this book and read it.
Cheral
Apr 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very interesting. He certainly followed his own path from an early age. As a parent, I found some of his childhood stories amazing in regards to his total freedom and how that worked for him. The exact opposite of how we currently think children should be watched, managed and protected. Certainly had to examine many of my beliefs.
Rachelle Peterson
May 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
OSHO is very true to Himself, and he has no hiccups about it.
He make you ask yourself many questions about...the way you see yourself, and do you love what ypou see? I love me now I need to get rid of the fear with in me.
Rushi
May 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
A good read. Osho's literature is always a pleasure and calming experience. In this book one get to know more about Osho's life, especially early days."Find and Be yourself" is the message in the book.
Edwin Wolbers
May 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: osho
If you believe these stories are really his childhood, than you're an idiot. There still good stories though. Like most stories there just parable's.
Vel
Sep 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
i liked this man very much than any other
Jonathan Drnjevic
May 30, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I fail to see anything enlightened about this person. First 50 pages turned me off.
Nishant Agrawal
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sathish
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
once in a while, very rare, a book like this drops in one's hand...
Swati
Oct 04, 2009 added it
i can empathise with him somehow...he was a dangerous genious
Calabaza Yañez
A real revolutionary of the spirit of the 20th century
Aziz
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow.
Simply amazing. This guy had a truly fill life. An interesting read if you adore Osho and his work.
Too self suficiant ? 4 9 Jan 17, 2017 06:11AM
Grow up like him 1 9 Feb 05, 2014 09:04AM

• Entering the Silence: Becoming a Monk and a Writer
  • Easy Strength: How to Get a Lot Stronger Than Your Competition-And Dominate in Your Sport
  • Grow a Pair: How to Stop Being a Victim and Take Back Your Life, Your Business, and Your Sanity
  • Work as a Spiritual Practice: A Practical Buddhist Approach to Inner Growth and Satisfaction on the Job
  • The Laughing Jesus: Religious Lies and Gnostic Wisdom
  • The Laws of the Ring
  • How You Can Talk with God
  • The Spiritual Teaching of Ramana Maharshi
  • Motivation (The Brian Tracy Success Library)
  • Reinventing the Sacred: A New View of Science, Reason and Religion
  • Why Be Something That You're Not: Detroit Hardcore 1979-1985
  • Elements of Refusal
  • Peace Pilgrim: Her Life and Work in Her Own Words
  • Mind Wars
  • Gifts from Eykis
  • Song of Increase: Listening to the Wisdom of Honeybees for Kinder Beekeeping and a Better World
  • Encounter The Enlightened: Conversations With The Master
  • Emptiness Dancing
Rajneesh (born Chandra Mohan Jain, 11 December 1931 – 19 January 1990) and latter rebranded as Osho was leader of the Rajneesh movement. During his lifetime he was viewed as a controversial new religious movement leader and mystic.

In the 1960s he traveled throughout India as a public speaker and was a vocal critic of socialism, Mahatma Gandhi, and Hindu religious orthodoxy.

Rajneesh emphasized the
“When love plus death surrounds you, there is a transformation, an immense mutation, as if a new being is born. You are never the same again. But people do not love, and because they do not love they can’t experience death the way I experienced it. Without love, death does not give you the keys to existence. With love, it hands over to you the keys to all that is.” 5 likes
“Politics corrupted science because its own interest was only war.” 2 likes