Start by marking “Awareness: The Key to Living in Balance” as Want to Read:
Awareness: The Key to Living in Balance

Awareness: The Key to Living in Balance

(Osho Insights for a new way of living )

Underlying all meditation techniques, including martial arts-and in fact underlying all great athletic performances-is a quality of being awake and present to the moment, a quality that Osho calls awareness. Once we can identify and understand what this quality of awareness is, we have the key to self-mastery in virtually every area of our lives.

According to great masters
Published December 10th 2001 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Awareness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Awareness

Start your review of Awareness: The Key to Living in Balance
Modupe Field
Jan 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
If you want to fully understand the purpose to life and meditation, this book is an absolute keeper. A great book by a great man, he might have been dead for over a decade but his words are still as relevant today as before.

This book is great on the idea of witnessing and watching your own actions. Osho is a wonderful teacher and I am so happy I came across this book.
Muddu Kishan
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This books is a culmination of all OSHO , ZEN, Tao and spiritual teachings. Read this book and you are done. No need to read any other books.

The Basic is AWARENESS.
Hason010
It is such an extraordinary book which written by on of the most influential philosophers in twenty first century. You will be shocked many times, you will feel like if you have not learned anything in this life. Osho will show you how to be aware, alert and live your moment as it comes, and get rid of ego tricks that make you a prisoner of the past or the future which not yet come...
You will enjoy reading it....
Joseph
Oct 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
extremely deep for a short book one of oshos best . take your time with it you wont be let down
Eleanore
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, self-help
I hate that my reading patterns are so off these days that it's taking me seemingly forever to finish anything, and yet here we are. That said, though it's not the title of his I'm come away from the most enriched by, it has some important lessons about centering the mind and mindfulness, which can only be of use to someone like me with an anxiety disorder to deal with 24/7. Reading Osho in itself is actually somewhat meditative; his sentence structure and writing style are very calming to read. ...more
Ryan Phung
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Short book but quite hard for me to go through because I have to pause on every page when I realize something interesting. You have to read with an open-mind though because his style is quite abrasive and confrontational; and a lot of stuffs that he says are symbolic and exaggeration for effect, that's just his style. But overall, I still think it's a good book. For me there are new insights every few pages. ...more
Ramananda
The first book that I read from Osho.
Andreea Loredana
"You live only to the extent that you are consciously aware of the difference between death and life."
"Love is beautiful when you're tall through it and becomes dirty and ugly when you fall through it."
"The more you are unconscious, the better you are away from yourself. The more you are aware of so you get closer to you. When you're in the center is total awareness. When the degree of awareness is lower, you are closer the periphery. you can move to the periphery when you move to the unconsciou
Wade Miller
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book helped me find the deepest mindfulness or living in the present I have found... Maybe it can help you on your journey too! It's not a good first book on these topics, I'd read Eckhart Tolle for that but this takes it deeper... I'll read it again soon! Big fan and I don't say that about just any book, I quit reading two others half way before this one because they were not impactful. ...more
Mark W. Cole
Dec 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
This book is full of insights.
Ayushman Mishra
Oct 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
Our consciousness is limited by our awareness which is thereby limited by our life energy.
So, Cultivating life energy improves our awareness.
Marisa Fernandes
Oct 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Para aqueles que questionam muitas vezes se devem ler "O poder do agora" de Eckhart Tolle e/ou para aqueles que querem ler sobre a importância de viver no presente em consciência, escapando a Tolle, diria que "Consciência" de OSHO é sobejamente melhor... Se eu soubesse disto antes, não teria lido Tolle que, à medida que o tempo passa, vou percebendo que não faz de todo o meu género.

"Consciência" está estruturado em quatro grande partes: Compreensão; Muitas doenças, uma receita; Consciência em a
Bettina
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I wish I could manage to do it one day and to find the balance everytime I loose it...Thanks for lending me your book my friend, you know who you're ;)
"Cuanto mas consciente se vuelve uno, mas se recuerda a si mismo, con mas cautela actúa, mas alerta esta, mas heridas empiezan a desaparecer, hay menos brotes de ira, menos odio, menos celos y menos sentimientos posesivos". Osho
Sameer Deshpande
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you want to understand the awareness approach as proposed by Buddha and Upanishads, this is a very useful book. It is written in simple and lucid style. Osho adds his usual persuasive perspective to play to seduce the reader to embrace this panacea to life's problems. ...more
Diana
Jan 25, 2011 rated it liked it
There are more than a few moments when I wonder is Osho was misanthropic. Many other moments, absolute guru-ic genius.
Mallikarjun Yelameli
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Buddha's mindful meditation is the greatest gift to the world. Being aware every moment is the most important thing. Meditation can only make one aware. Osho says, meditation is the only true religion. Life has no goal no purpose, life itself is the goal and purpose, awareness is the technique to attain it. Awareness is the difference between death and life.

Buddha's one of the most important teaching is being aware every moment. By practicing mindful meditation, one reaches, to his or her inner
Joana Lourenço
I guess we are so bombarded with enlightenment and knowledge quotes that it somehow makes these types of books and all quotes in general seem like everyone else has all the answers except me...
I might get back to this. I just need to detox from the fast feeding on enlightenment, self-awareness, and being the best a person can be. One step at a time.
Edvardas Garbenis
Nov 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A must read for truth seekers.
Arpit Dubey
Feb 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Rana D.Kourani
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Living in awareness is the hardest thing a human can do.
If we are aware of the things we are doing we would stop doing, not only the bad like being angry or speeding in a car but even we will stop doing the good too.
Living in awareness means to stop being spontaneous in some areas, to stop being ourselves.
Maybe I didn’t understand the book or maybe I understood from the book what i want to understand, and maybe that’s what osho wants from me, from us, the readers; each will understand it diffe
Kuldeep
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
I read it twice for my well being. It is a medicine for mind. It helped me a lot when I needed help. The talk of Osho with Awareness as focus point made me a bit alert about my life. It alerts you whatever you do in you life. The book talks with you as Osho and you can have a silent conversation with the book. Thank you Osho, thank you very much.
Da-silva
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
this book will blow your mind across a deeper meditation about yourself, your feelings and a soul without ego. as such, Osho isn't a philosopher but he's going to the most deep space from your inner and lift up a new consciousness to live flying above the things happend to you. you wont just improve a new vision for the world, you'll get new eyes. ...more
S
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Every book of Osho is a gem.There are so many matters which are most important for good living and simple living. I will read the book once again. every single line in the book resonates with the truth.
one of the best reading experience in this year, the resembles are still there in the heart :) thank you osho, you are great .
Adrian Bompa
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great resource for attempting to live in present, and improve your awareness. It contains also many great stories, that further improve the message in the book.
Sandra
Mar 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Sandra by: Evija Kļaviņa
Shelves: reviewed
***

Ja turot rokās akmeņus, tu domā, ka tie ir dimanti, es neteikšu, ka tev jāatsakās no šiem akmeņiem. Es vienkārši bildīšu: "Esi modrs un paraugies vērīgāk!" Ja tu pats redzi, ka tie nav dimanti, vai vajadzīgs no tiem atteikties? Tie paši izkritīs no tavām rokām. Ja tu vēl joprojām vēlies tos nēsāt, tad tev būs mazliet jāpiepūlas. Taču ilgi tu to nespēsi. Ja reiz būsi izpratis, ka tie nav lietderīgi, ir nenozīmīgi, tu tos aizmetīsi.

***

Vienīgais, kas jāiemācās, ir vērīgums. Vēro! Vēro katru darb
Şeyma Reyhan Gözen
"Öyle bir söz yazarsın ki, bütün bir hayatı anlatır, öyle bir hayat yaşarsın ki, bütün sözler anlamsız kalır."
Düsturundan hareket edersek bu kitap ne biri ne de diğeri.
Benim dedem ya da anneannem gerçekten çok daha bilge kişilerdi. Çok öngörülü ve çok besleyici hayat yaşamışlardı ama hayat her insana aynı şansı vermiyor.
Keyifli okumalar.
Sedagokceturan
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Belki adam sapkın bilemem. ama bu kitap gerçekten muhteşem
Sencer Turunç
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Osho'nun okuduğum ilk kitabı oldu bu. Kendisi ile tanışmış olduk, iyi oldu açıkçası. Kitabı bir arkadaşıma aldırmıştım, kendisi sıkıcı bulduğu için bana verdi. Ben de ona kütüphanemde bir yer verdim şimdi. Kendisini bazan modern imgelemler kullanan Mevlana gibi gördüğüm oldu. Benzer ontolojik çağrışımlar buldum kendisiyle Mevlana arasında... ...more
Kristina
Me gusta cuando los libros te acompañan a comprender, cuando te muestran un mundo diferente, cuando te dejan un poquito perplejo y un poquito reflexivo, cuando te confronta y te reclama.

Siempre vuelvo a Osho cuando algo trascendental ocurre con mi vida, cuando no puedo más. Y entonces me dice como: quizá no estás viendo esta parte, ¿dónde estás sintiendo? PUM en la cara, la calma, la no-mente, el silencio para no racionalizar.
Inessa Gasparyan
Сильные люди просто никогда ничего не отвергают. Отвержение идет от слабости - ты боишься. Сильным людям хочется впитывать все, что дает жизнь. Религиозное, нерелигиозное, моральное, аморальное, божественное, дьявольское - не имеет значения; сильный человек впитывает все. И он становится от этого богаче. <3

• The First and Last Freedom
  • The Almanack of Naval Ravikant: A Guide to Wealth and Happiness
  • The Power of Your Subconscious Mind
  • Zero Limits: The Secret Hawaiian System for Wealth, Health, Peace, and More
  • I have a Dream
  • Creative Visualization: Use the Power of Your Imagination to Create What You Want in Your Life
  • Emotional Blackmail: When the People in Your Life Use Fear, Obligation, and Guilt to Manipulate You
  • The Psychology of Money
  • The Book of Mirdad: The strange story of a monastery which was once called The Ark
  • Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain
  • The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
  • A Technique for Producing Ideas
  • Evolve Your Brain: The Science of Changing Your Mind
Rajneesh (born Chandra Mohan Jain, 11 December 1931 – 19 January 1990) and latter rebranded as Osho was leader of the Rajneesh movement. During his lifetime he was viewed as a controversial new religious movement leader and mystic.

In the 1960s he traveled throughout India as a public speaker and was a vocal critic of socialism, Mahatma Gandhi, and Hindu religious orthodoxy.

Rajneesh emphasized the

Osho Insights for a new way of living (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Courage: The Joy of Living Dangerously
  • Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
  • Intuition: Knowing Beyond Logic
  • Joy: The Happiness That Comes from Within

News & Interviews

“He watches,he is clear."

The only thing that he has to learn is to be watchful. Watch! Watch every act you do. Watch every thought that passes in your mind. Watch every desire that takes possession of you. Watch even small gestures--walking,talking,eating,taking a bath. Go on watching everything. Let everything become an opportunity to watch.

And when you watch,a clarity arises. Why does clarity arise out of watchfulness? Because the more watchful you become the more all your hastiness slows down. You become more graceful. As you watch, your chattering mind chatters less, because the energy that was becoming chattering is truning and becoming watchfulness -- it is the same energy! Now more and more energy will be transformed into watchfulness, and the mind will not get its noursihment. Thoughts will start becoming thinner, they will start losing weight. Slowly,slowly they will start dying. And as thoughts start dying, clarity arises. Now your mind becomes a mirror.

And when one is clear,one is blissful. Confusion is the root cause of misery; it is clarity that is the foundation of blissfulness.”
6 likes
“Act,speak with full awareness and then you will find a tremendous change in you. The very fact that you are aware changes your acts.” 5 likes