Start by marking “Intuition: Knowing Beyond Logic” as Want to Read:
Intuition: Knowing Beyond Logic

Intuition: Knowing Beyond Logic

(Osho Insights for a new way of living )

Intuition deals with the difference between the intellectual, logical mind and the more encompassing realm of spirit. Logic is how the mind knows reality, intuition is how the spirit experiences reality. Osho's discussion of these matters is wonderfully lucid, occasionally funny, and thoroughly engrossing.

All people have a natural capacity for intuition, but often social
Published December 14th 2001 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Intuition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Intuition

Start your review of Intuition: Knowing Beyond Logic
Glenn Russell
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Osho is fantastic. At the moment I'm listening and committing to memory a number of string quartets, a most rewarding and energizing experience. What is required in doing this is not reason or logic but intuition, which reminded me of this inspirational book by Osho. I started to reread and couldn't stop. I wanted to share a few of my reflections.

“To know means to be silent, utterly silent, so you can hear the still, small voice within. To know means to drop the mind. When you are absolutely
Alka Arya
May 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
Intelligence is the inborn capacity to see, to perceive. Every child is born intelligent, then made stupid by the society. We educate him in stupidity, and sooner or later he graduates in stupidity.
Alefia
Mar 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
When I picked this book, I must admit I was quite skeptical as to what influence will it have on me. And for me a good book is not what I read, it is a book which reads me. I was in complete awe after finishing it. This book definitely makes you break free the shackles of the rigid mindset that keeps your life grounded in the complexities of everyday living. You never get to lift your feet from the ground realities; fly with the wings of your imagination is pure fiction. Osho just dissolves ...more
Adrienne S.
Sep 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Super amazing. If you ever wondering why your logical brain can't figure out intuition, this book will tell you why!!! Your rational mind can not accept or understand anything that exists above it. In other words, your intuition is above your intellect. Bottom line: so don't cling to what you know logically, cause what you don't know (intuition) is stronger than what you do!!
Sach Singh
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Osho... True to form :)

Like many of Osho's books, this one is about what the title concludes, and yet also... not (or at least not in the way some readers might be expecting). He sometimes makes creative leaps into seemingly-unrelated content, but it always comes together for me at some point when I can see the bigger picture he is pointing to. There is a lot more to this book than most books on intuition, and yet this book is tiny! If you're looking for one of those quick "psychic development"
Atul Sabnis
Jun 29, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Atul by: Sunil
It was the most innocent pick-up of the year, I think. When I picked up Intuition: Knowing Beyond Logic, by Osho, you could say, it was intuitive.

I am amused and smiling as I write the review. One of the resonating themes of the books is to let go of the shackles of the belief system(s) that you have adorned, imbibed and ingrained over the years. Whatever these may be - religious, spiritual, social or political.

Osho says in a section of the book - to be in the moment and not necessarily agree or
Yelda Basar Moers
This is a beautiful book and the most unique, penetrating and effective book about intuition that I have ever read. And I believe the most truthful. Because OSHO, who many refer to as a rebel mystic and philosopher for his bold and controversial ideas, shares a different take on intuition. He guides the reader to how intuition works with a meditative and spiritual perspective and how it cannot be explained or diagramed. Anything you are thinking about is not intuition, he says. Intuition is when ...more
Tony Kaldas
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Osho as usual is a person who always gives you the truth in your face!
Dan S.
Jan 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I've ever read. It helped me tremendously with my life and outlook. Osho can be provocative and downright confrontational in a lot of his writing but I found intuition very affirming and helpful. Trusting oneself is a lifelong quest that should be pursued.
Cassandra Stroehmer
Jul 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing

One of my favorite books of all time. Simple, honest, profound... Life changing.
Judy Phin
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Listening and following your Intuition is something that is never taught in schools or anywhere really... this book opens up the idea of your putting trust in your inner guide. Very interesting read!
Suzy
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Reviewing this book will never do it justice.
Carla
Dec 01, 2015 rated it did not like it
I'm very disappointed. I had never read a book from Osho before and probably won't do it again.

His views are very radical and often based in a very black and white understanding of the world. Also, his arguments are very biased and some are even contradictory. Honestly, I just don't see how this book could change anyone's life for the better.

In addition, his speech is very anger based (just for reference, I read the book in Portuguese), which I think just shows that he is not at all enlightened.
Monoshita
Nov 30, 2015 rated it did not like it
It was a waste of time. #sorrynotsorry
Jane Phoenix
Sep 21, 2019 rated it did not like it
Umm. Wow, okay. I am so pissed, I expected so much from this.

If I could, I would rate this with 0 stars. No, -1. I still can't believe how bad this is.

I started reading this with enthusiasm as I wanted to learn more about intuition, and this seemed like the right pick. I knew little about Osho before this, I have only seen his name under some quotes I liked, and they seemed profound and spiritual. But after reading the actual philosophy of this man, I wonder if he has actually written any of
Sujata Sahni
soho characterises the new human being as "Zorba the Buddha", capable of enjoying both the earthly pleasures of Zorba the Greek and the silent serenity of Gautama Buddha. According to reason, there are two realms of existence, the known and the unknown. Instinct is what belongs to the animal past, intellect is human, it is our present. Intuition on the other hand opens its doors through meditation. Instinct does not hear, it is deaf. Intellect will hear and philosophize. Intuition is a seer, it ...more
Javi Jara
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Beyond mind is the no-mind. If you develop your no-mind, you will get in touch with your intuition.

Think about this: the mind wants you to be successful and the intuition wants you to be happy. You need to develop both.

The school system helps you to to develop your mind. The logic one. And that mind wants success first to be happy. But life does not work in that way, because sometimes success is not reach, or at least not in your expectations and you feel sad.

On the other hand, the no-mind
Maya Kenova
This is not the typical self-help book. That's a book that can truly turn your life upside down and help you go back on the right track after all the harm educational institutions and society as a whole have inflicted upon us. It is an eye-opening read and one that propels you towards saving what you label, YOUR life.
Lucas Lundin
Jan 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
There are few "spiritual", "mystic", meditational books that I can read page to page and agree with everything being said- I mean that's rare in any book. Osho does a great job of seperating "fact from fiction" and the overbearing traditions from long practiced meditations. Taught me great insight on the silent side the of the mind.
Sooraj Raju
Aug 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I had always believed in intuition. But was always in an imbalance with the inner voice and the sense of reasoning. Osho has given me enough insight to be comfortable with my intuitions and to follow it in life as you follow your instincts.
Elbe
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In a way very encouraging book... so all that I knew as a child was true, so all that my mother taught me was true... it just went a bit amiss, when the society finally hit in. And good... that I've diced already few years ago to follow my heart again... :)
Munkhbayar Baatarkhuu
Jun 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was dastantik. Here goes the pringes on the courtling poreas, and the beauty of the morning peackot surbounds mene heart. No destination, but direction. There is nothing higher than human consciousness and nothing more beautiful than this life. Oh deur per mene sanchitos! Laphrim.
Karthick Rajan R
Aug 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Really nice book to show "What is Intelligence, Intuition, Instinct and intellect was ?"
Sittaraman Gunasegaran
Sep 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
I think this book would be confusing for the starters .. it will be a good book for seekers !
It is a treat and definitely confuse you !
Corry Hinckley
May 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book made me stop pretending I didn't know things I had known all along. I couldn't continue to live like I was unaware because it felt ridiculous to be dishonest after reading Osho.
Jaspreet Kaur
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The best. Only Osho could have explained it this well. A must read. :)
They say there is a right time for every book to be read. Mine came a few days ago.
Chinmay K
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Superb explaination on the 3 layers of consciousness humans possess. Body, mind and spirit.
Troy Zaher
Dec 24, 2019 marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: academic, nonfiction
There is not much that I have to say that isn’t in this person’s review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I read this on recommendation of my friend. And after reading it partway through I decided it was best to not finish.

He rambles in pseudo intellectual circles that clearly have no real research behind them. Everything feels anecdotal. And a lot of his talking in circles is just typical mysterious old guy trying to sound wise.

I believe that there are some concepts that can be true
Austėja Šidlauskaitė
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a philosophy about our mind, consciousness, intuition, creativity and logic and all the relations among them. This book gave me inspiration to go and live in moments, that I'm not familiar with, just to see how my logic-based mind turns off, and creative, intuitive mind takes a lead.
Julie
Sep 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was unlike any other book I have read. Osho, while a controversial figure, has some interesting and thought-provoking ideas about intuition and the makeup of the mind, body and soul. He argues that intellect is a construct of society that gets in the way of connecting with divine intelligence, or intuition. There is definitely a focus on zen in his ideas. There weren't a lot of strategies for connecting with intuition; instead, the book focused more on the analysis of what intuition is. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Must read book 1 20 Dec 03, 2012 01:46AM

• The Book of Mirdad: The strange story of a monastery which was once called The Ark
  • The Psychology Book: Big Ideas Simply Explained
  • The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
  • Meditations to Heal Your Life
  • The End of Your World: Uncensored Straight Talk on the Nature of Enlightenment
  • Flash-uri din sens opus
  • Profesor Wilczur
  • Rakkaudenhirviö
  • Förvandlingen
  • The Psychotropic Mind: The World According to Ayahuasca and Iboga
  • Zen para distraídos: Princípios para viver melhor no mundo moderno
  • Personality Disorders: Histrionic & Borderline - Personality Disorders - Laid Bare (Psychopaths, Sociopaths, Narcissist, Borderline, Histrionic, Mood Disorders, BPD)
  • 365 Days With Self-Discipline: 365 Life-Altering Thoughts on Self-Control, Mental Resilience, and Success
Rajneesh (born Chandra Mohan Jain, 11 December 1931 – 19 January 1990) and latter rebranded as Osho was leader of the Rajneesh movement. During his lifetime he was viewed as a controversial new religious movement leader and mystic.

In the 1960s he traveled throughout India as a public speaker and was a vocal critic of socialism, Mahatma Gandhi, and Hindu religious orthodoxy.

Rajneesh emphasized the

Osho Insights for a new way of living (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Courage: The Joy of Living Dangerously
  • Freedom: The Courage to Be Yourself
  • Intelligence: The Creative Response to Now
  • Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
  • Joy: The Happiness That Comes from Within
“The very word intuition has to be understood. You know the word tuition—tuition comes from outside, somebody teaches you, the tutor. Intuition means something that arises within your being; it is your potential, that’s why it is called intuition. Wisdom is never borrowed, and that which is borrowed is never wisdom. Unless you have your own wisdom, your own vision, your own clarity, your own eyes to see, you will not be able to understand the mystery of existence.” 9 likes
“The people of the heart—the painters, the poets, the musicians, the dancers, the actors—are all irrational. They create great beauty, they are great lovers, but they are absolutely unfit in a society that is arranged by the head. Your artists are thought by your society to be almost outcast, a little bit crazy, an insane type of people. Nobody wants his or her children to become musicians or painters or dancers. Everybody wants them to be doctors, engineers, scientists, because those professions pay. Painting, poetry, dance, are dangerous, risky—you may end up just a beggar on the street, playing on your flute.” 8 likes