Start by marking “Courage: The Joy of Living Dangerously” as Want to Read:
Courage: The Joy of Living Dangerously

Courage: The Joy of Living Dangerously

(Osho Insights for a new way of living )

Courage is not the absence of fear, says Osho. It is, rather, the total presence of fear, with the courage to face it. This book provides a bird's-eye view of the whole terrain--where fears originate, how to understand them, and how to find the courage to face them. In the process, Osho proposes that whenever we are faced with uncertainty and change in our lives, it is act ...more
Published November 20th 1999 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published 1977)

Vincent
Feb 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Ive read this book twice, and each time afterward felt the need to purchase 20 copies and give them to total strangers. Osho's approach to religion/spirituality is simple, he uses common sense and fearless boldness to knock down our preconcieved notions of our approach to life. This is an amazing, easy read, and should be required reading for all.
Mobina J
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: philosophy
اشو یك متفكر، یك روشنگر است با افكار منحصر به فرد خود كه به نظر .من تعدادیشون بسیار جالب و تامل برانگیزه
"عشق مسموم شده، اما هنوز تخریب نشده است. میشود سم را از درونتاندور كرد. شست و شو داد. تو میتوانی همه ی انچه جامعه به زور به خوردت داده بالا بیاوری. میتوانی تمام عقاید، تمام مسائل شرطی شده را دور بریزی و آزاد شوی"
David
Sep 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
'Life is an adventure or it's nothing'. Who said that? I thoroughly agree. There are always obstacles and fears at every point, and the danger is always to give up and lose sight of one's dream. The dream is what gives life it's freshness. Even if it is lost sight of on occasion, the high peak is still there, beckoning you on, obscured often by mist and lower peaks. As Goethe said, 'Whosoever continually strives upward - him can we save'. I have always continually strived towards the object of m ...more
Robert Geer
Apr 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Robert by: Osho
Churches, religions, organized sects-they teach you to pray. But in fact they hinder you from praying because prayer is a spontaneous phenomenon, it cannot be taught. If you have been taught a prayer in your childhood, you have been prevented from a beautiful experience that could have happened. Pg 71

If you talk to a rose, which is more alive than any stone image, which is more divine than any stone image...If you talk to a tree, which is more deeply rooted in God than any cross because no cro
Sheyda Mirlou
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: philosophy
اولین کتابی بود که از 'اشو' خواندم...مملو از ایدههای عجیب و غریب و بعضا دلچسب در مورد مسائل مختلف نظیر اعتقاد ب خدا، اعتماد، عشق، مراقبه و و و.
شاید اندکی ترغیب شدم بیشتر از او بخوانم : )
از پایان کتاب:
"اکنون ما در این سمت هستیم و از طرف دیگر خبری نداریم. در مورد آن سمت تنها میشود تخیل کرد. به همین خاطر است که بهشت و جهنم و هر نوع تجسمی بکر و بدوی است. ما در این سمت هستیم و مردی در حال مرگ است. از نظر ما او در حال مرگ است ولی شاید در حال تولد باشد."
whango
Nov 22, 2014 rated it did not like it
The comments below are the result of only a few hours of research on Osho (aka Rajneesh). Like other serious readers, I routinely try to find out more about the authors of books I read.

These comments present information and links that some Osho fans may find disturbing, but that presumably any past, current or future reader of Courage: The Joy of Living Dangerously and his other books would want to know about.

Rajneesh/Osho was at the center of many controversies for his entire adult life -- for
Leyla
Feb 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
i'm on a whole OSHO trip as of late. I am totally digging on this guy.

tim robbins says of him-"were enough americans to heed the brilliantly provocative words in this book, we might actually become "the land of the free and the home of the brave. 'imagine that!"

if i was taught this stuff instead of that other mumbo jumbo in catechism, i might have enjoyed my mistakes more. but i'm glad it came along when it did. (thanks AGAIN trevor, my literary guide!)
Sunny
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: philosophy
I would have given this a 4.5 option if I could. I thought this was brilliant in places but I have to admit that at times I thought he had taken a bagful of profound sounding words like destiny and inner peace and love and perception and the ego and fearlessness and just decided he would bung them into vaguely profound sounding sentences and see how they come out. Sententious? Is that the word I’m looking for? Well overall, if that’s the method he chose, they came out very well. One of the inter ...more
Pradeep Thakur
If you have not read or listen Osho, one of the Great Spiritual Masters of our time...he was the great motivator of mankind...you must read his works.

This work is one his great works. In this book Osho says: whenever we are faced with uncertainty and change in our lives, it is actually a cause for celebration. Instead of trying to hang on to the familiar and the known, we can learn to enjoy these situations as opportunities for adventure and for deepening our understanding of ourselves and the w
Michelle
Aug 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Even if you're not a follower of eastern philosophy, this book is an inspiration. It encourages the reader to live outside of the confines of their own ideals, to take chances in all areas of life, and to be comfortable with those choices.
Mića
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was indecisive whether to give four of five stars but who cares, it was a great book anyway. I'm into these stuff and appreciate a lot when someone gives you some theoretical insight into spiritual development and how to work on ourselves in a deeper sense. Osho is very provocative as a person and uses plain speech while touching the human nature, primarily inner side. I like him. There are some wonderful sentences in the book which really can make a man start to think more thoroughly about hi ...more
Carter
Oct 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Although this book gave insight into the condition of fear I felt the author's own bias and agenda affected the book in a negative way. Osho seemed less like a sage and more like a bitter, self-righteous person through the examples he gave and the way he presented the information. Still, there were some moments of unbiased clarity and I did gain insight from those sections of the book.
Adrienne S.
Sep 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Osho repeats himself quite a bit, but all the better to get a point across. If you are afraid of anything, Osho will make all your fears and anxiety melt away.

This is my second time reading this.
Sara Almulla
Jan 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
الكتاب جميل ومفيد رغم أنف الترجمة السيئة، والعبارات المكررة والأفكار.
ربما هناك رسالة ما من تكرارها، لم التفت إليها بعد.
بشكل عام جيّد.
James Perkins
This is a book of spiritual insight by the famous Osho. Every New Age bookstore has a large section devoted to him, so I thought I would give him a go. There is some good stuff here - for example, he encourages readers to get to know themselves, to do their own thing rather than what everyone else wants you to do, to meditate and be still on a daily basis (which science is now showing to be of both physical and psychological benefit) and to put aside fear, which unfortunately dominates much of o ...more
Yogi Travelling
Jan 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, mind-stuff
Fear as Osho describes, is simply a landscape within which we move, within which we live... We can't avoid it, we can only either reject it, or accept it...

Fear is everywhere - it can only be created by doubt... Osho explains that 'awareness' and 'doubt' are like two parallel lines that never cross... For when we are aware of something, there is no room for doubt to exist, or fear for that matter... Doubt can only exist with unawareness... Doubt is created by unawareness...

Courage is a means of
Najwa Sahmarani
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm sure I'd read this book again.. Intense, shocking, and very insightful.
I got it from the airport when i was leaving from Lebanon on a short trip to Istanbul. I got it without giving much thought, it kind of felt like i picked it randomly. But as soon as I started reading on the plane i realized it was the right book for this exact phase of my life.
As usual with Osho's books, you don't have to agree with all what he is saying but his writing make you ask yourself questions that wouldn't have
Annie
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I feel like this is the kind of book that would be maligned as a hippie Bible, because it totally is, but it's also a lovely, sincerely meditative book if you allow it to be. Produced a lot of thoughts that came to me at the right time.

Only criticism is that the cadence of the writing is difficult to get past. Every sentence sounds exactly the same, which made reading it a little harder than it should have been. Not sure if this was translated and that's the problem, but it required a mental sl
Elisevina
Apr 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Before reading this book I was very sceptic about Osho and his books, therefore it serves as a proof that it is not wise to judge about something before you haven't tried it out. And I did, I read it and now I know for sure that this will be the book I will look up on a bad mood day or at times when I need some supportative word at hand. Simple language, easy to understand, lots of food for thought as well as encouragement.
Sohaib
Fading into a haze of unified consciousness, my perceptions melt, my feelings melt, my thoughts melt, and only the "I" remained—reading this book felt like taking a perpetual plunge into a vastness, an openness, a oneness that literally took my ego away—a head trip with no head—a fall that never ends.
Vanea Tudor
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a book! I'm so glad i discovered Osho and his amazing books. He is really an inspiration to me, i like so much his simple style.

This book is about how to conquer your fear and accept it how it is, accept yourself exactly how you are, love yourself no matter what! Its such a must read for everyone!
Erin
Jan 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Never has a book effected my life so profoundly. It saved me at a time when I was hanging by a string and consumed by blackness. Its wisdom on love and forgiveness are the best advice I have ever read. His ideas on religion helped me realize my own beliefs.
Adam.delconte
Jan 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
So perfect. I don't know if I could ever move this over onto the "read" shelf, cause it just sits on my table and I pick it up and reread pages at a time. It's like wholesome snackfood for your heart.
Reem
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
الكتاب و على الغم من التكرارات فيه الا أنه رائع لفت انتباهي الى اشياء كثيرة لم تخطر على بالي
Bragadeesh
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very aggressive perspective with ruthless practicality questioning all the clichés and conditionings we have known since birth. Only heightened beings can communicate these kind of opinions. For some reason I could not agree to certain philosophies of Osho but overall this book was a very energetic read.
Dana.kafri
يحكى أن رجلا كان يمشي في الليل فسقط عن صخرة ، وخوفا من أن يسقط آلاف الأقدام لأنه يعلم بأن التلة عميقة جدا ، التقط غصنا كان متدليا فوق الصخرة ، ورأى هوة عميقة في عتمة الليل فصرخ حتى سمع صراخه مع الصدى ، إلا أن أحدا ، لم يسمعه .
أخي هل تستطيع تخيل خوف الرجل وعذابه طوال الليل ، لقد شعر بالموت في كل دقيقة وأحس بالبرد حتى أطراف يديه ، وأخذت قبضته تهن . وعندما بزغت الشمس ونظر تحته ضحك ، لم ير هوة ، رأى صخرة تبعد عنه ست بوصات فقط وكان بإمكانه الاستلقاء عليها طوال الليل لأن الصخرة كانت كبيرة كفاية . ولكن
Srikanth
Aug 20, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: philosophical
Lot of interesting and inspiring points which can be followed in our daily lives, I could say those were not much philosopical rather it can taken into practical day to day life. In terms of editing, I dont like that couple of points repeated thro' out the book - anyway, we could look at in a way that those were insisted across pages. Anyway, its nice book.
Dunya Buzidi
كان الكتاب جيدًا جدًا في البدء ، لكنَّ جودته تقلّ مع كل صفحة جديدة تمر بها .
أسوأ ما فيه (التكرار) ، الكلام عينه يُعاد ألف مرة حتى تحفظه و تسأمه - مهما كان رائعًا و صائبًا - ، بوسعي إيجازه في 40 صفحة فقط ، ما يعني أنَّ المائة الأخرى لم تكن لازمة.
رؤى سلطان
" لا يوجد شيء مخيف " - ببساطة شديدة يقولها أوشو :" لا يوجد شيء مخيف".
ZaRi
زندگی یک مشکل نیست. اگر به آن بعنوان مشکل نگاه کنی،
قدم اشتباه برداشته ای.
زندگی رازیست که باید با آن زیست، عاشقش شد و تجربه اش کرد...!
Goodreads Librari...: Combine books 3 15 Sep 08, 2015 08:47AM
  • Wen-Tzu
  • Psychic Discoveries Behind the Iron Curtain.
  • Bring Me the Rhinoceros: And Other Zen Koans to Bring You Joy
  • The End of Your World: Uncensored Straight Talk on the Nature of Enlightenment
  • Infinite Life
  • Freedom from the Known
  • Living in the Heart: How to Enter Into the Sacred Space Within the Heart [With CD]
  • The Diamond in Your Pocket: Discovering Your True Radiance
  • Battle for the Mind
  • Paths to God: Living the Bhagavad Gita
  • The Psychotropic Mind: The World According to Ayahuasca and Iboga
  • The Tao Is Silent
Rajneesh (born Chandra Mohan Jain, 11 December 1931 – 19 January 1990) and latter rebranded as Osho was leader of the Rajneesh movement. During his lifetime he was viewed as a controversial new religious movement leader and mystic.

In the 1960s he traveled throughout India as a public speaker and was a vocal critic of socialism, Mahatma Gandhi, and Hindu religious orthodoxy.

Rajneesh emphasized the

Osho Insights for a new way of living (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Fear: Understanding and Accepting the Insecurities of Life
  • Intelligence: The Creative Response to Now
  • Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
  • Intuition: Knowing Beyond Logic
  • Joy: The Happiness That Comes from Within
“They say: Think twice before you jump. I say: Jump first and then think as much as you want!” 239 likes
“Don't try to understand life. Live it! Don't try to understand love. Move into love. Then you will know - and all that knowing will come out of your experiencing. The more you know, the more you know that much remains to be known.” 92 likes