Start by marking “L'eredità Scarlatti ” as Want to Read:
L'eredità Scarlatti

L'eredità Scarlatti

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  10,926 Ratings  ·  159 Reviews
A Washington si viene a sapere che un membro del Comando Supremo Nazista è disposto a divulgare informazioni che potrebbero porre termine anzitempo alla guerra a favore degli Stati Uniti. Ma per il suo tradimento richiede il file top secret sull'Eredità Scarlatti, un documento che, se reso noto, potrebbe distruggere la reputazione degli uomini più importanti e famosi dell' ...more
Published January 1st 2007 by Fanucci (first published 1971)

To ask other readers questions about L'eredità Scarlatti, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about L'eredità Scarlatti

John Culuris
May 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, top-shelf
This was my first Robert Ludlum novel, not because it was his first but because both he and it were recommended by the owner of a used book store I once frequented. So impressed I immediately bought his newest work at the time, something called The Bourne Identity. Ludlum had evolved in the ten years between the two books. Action had risen in prominence though not at the expense of intrigue. But there was another element that had appeared, which I confirmed with the next novel, The Parcifal Mosa ...more
itchy
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: w
it was good but the economics bit went over my head by several miles

i didn't quite expect mein fuhrer himself;
sieg heil!

p35: in what amounted to a slaughter of the uninformed, giovanni suggested that a desierable course of action was the formation of one parent organization with himself and his wife as the principal stockholders.

p54-55: the german clicked the hammer of his luger into firing position...
...the german slowly released the hammer of his revolver, still staring at the lieutenant.

p137:
Zohar - ManOfLaBook.com
Even though this is one of the first books Robert Ludlum it is one of the last ones I read so you could imagine my delight when I found this a Ludlum book I haven't yet read during a book drive at my daughter's school.

The book starts in Washington DC where Major Matthew Canfield is being sent to meet a high ranking German official with promises to divulge information to help end WWII.

From the second chapter, to one before last, the story is told as a back flash about the Scarlatti family. Giov
Richa
Jul 15, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book is good. Robert Ludlum is easy to understand. I especially liked the character of the unconventional, strong, and daring Scarlatti matriarch. A very different heroine.
David Swiedler
The Scarlatti Inheritance was recommended to be by a friend who told me that if I liked James Bond, I would like the Robert Ludlum series. The Scarlatti Inheritance tells a truely fascinating story of an American intelligence officer who is hired to determine the status of the Scarlatti fortunes and Ulster Scarlett while being financed by German Nazi's. Ludlum is a very gifted writer and has now become a favorite author that I count on for a fun filled adventure.
Marts  (Thinker)
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
A Ludlum thriller, overflowing with elements encompassing Nazism, wealth, government intelligence, secrecy... At every junction death is lurking, mental confusion is paramount, suspense at the pinnacle... The reader is taken on an action filled, adventure riddled journey, and every word makes him only yearn for more.
Beverly
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Robert Ludlum never disappoints. I think every one of his novels that I've read have been spy thrillers, mostly set around World War II or the Cold War. There's plenty of mayhem, blood and gore, so if you're squeamish about that sort of thing, Ludlum is not for you.
This book is set in the time before World War II when Hitler is looking for backers. And men on both sides of the ocean are swayed by his superior race rhetoric. One such man is a Scarlatti scion, and he's inherited millions, so he c
James  Love
This is Robert Ludlum's debut novel. It's the fictional account of the son of an Italian immigrant and his quest for power. The book begins with the basic premise that Ulster Scarlett has taken the nom de guerre of Heinrich Kroeger and is an important part of Nazi Germany and Hitler's rise to power.

I did read this book back in the early 1980's for a junior high school book report and just wanted to re-read it. Ludlum is one of the best in modern espionage fiction. He tries to create three-dimens
V. William Turkus
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Typically Ludlum, what you expect

Fast paced, with enough details to keep your interest. Good story with an evil protagonist central to the plot and an unlikely hero in over his head, with a sprinkling of sex.
VaultOfBooks
Aug 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
By Robert Ludlum. Grade: A
Robert Ludlum is the bestselling author of 37 novels once touted as the best in the world with his blend of sophisticated planning and extreme pace. He is best known for The Jason Bourne Series – The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy and The Bourne Ultimatum among others.
According to this story, the Third Reich is in its death struggle. Elizabeth Scarlatti has a plan, a desperate, last-minute gamble, designed to save the world from a most dangerous man – her own son
Ru
Sep 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first novel written by the late Robert Ludlum, "The Scarlatti Inheritance" is about as classic a cat-and-mouse global thriller can be, from its World War settings, to secret identities, financial machinations, and other grand subterfuge. Any concerns I may have had about Ludlum's work being too layered and unnecessarily complex were put to rest, thankfully, as well.

I am a fan of historical fiction, and this book employs it nicely. By weaving in the Scarlatti/Scarlett family into the setting
Dick Edwards
This is a mildly interesting book about an evil man who is attracted to an evil empire, and the mother who recognizes his evil and sets out to stop him. I give this only a 5 on my scale of 1 to 10. I may read some more of his books to see if they get any better. After all, I saw all 3 of the Jason Bourne movies and thought they were great.
Carl
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I did not enjoy this book that much. It was such a slow read in the beginning that had me putting the book down for days at a time. I felt like trudging through mud at stages. The ending came quite quick and did not feel rounded off and the relationship with the son had an entry and end but no other info for in between. A bit disappointed.
Hertzan Chimera
Dec 13, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great WW2 story, intriguing and folded around basic Nazi facts... there's a dramatic ELITIST BOARD MEETING in the guts of this book that perfectly shows the sheer amorality of the Money Game and how devoid of the natural empathies these fucking banking bastards are; these monsters' motivations laid bare.

Superbly depicted, Robert Ludlum, you are the master.

Endre Barath
May 31, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got my hand on the orginal 1st edition, 1st book of Robert Ludlum....I read it about 30 years ago...I hardly remember it and after my last book I was ready to read a good one....

I still enjoyed it 30 years later and am glad I re-read it, it was like reading it for the first time the twists and turns were great
Mikko Saari
Entertaining thriller. Some of the twists and turns were a bit hard to digest and some of the writing seems a bit rough, but I was entertained enough that I'll read some more Ludlum in the future, I think.
Robert Grant
Not bad. Some of the writing is quite a bit stale for my tastes and the dialogue is just not believable at times. (Shag it all, confound you, confound it all) Nobody talks like that ever. The plot is good-just rough around the edges.
Tim Painter
Mar 26, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Engrossing and intriguing.
Sahar Kharrufa
Aug 29, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quite a good read. Bit naive on the financial issues but not a waste of time.
C.L. Swinney
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Impressive book. I wish I could write as well as Ludlum!
The Books Blender
Apr 01, 2016 rated it liked it
description

Questa recensione è presente anche sul blog: http://thebooksblender.altervista.org...

Diciamo che la questione comincia a farsi un po' più coinvolgente e interessante con la seconda parte del romanzo (dopo la metà del libro); e ho trascinato la parte precedente per dei giorni senza riuscire ad appassionarmi alla vicenda. La situazione è un po' migliorata con l'avvicinarsi al finale.
Per carità, c'è l'intrigo internazionale, c'è una specie di genio del crimine (anche se i suoi suppoters sono convin
Donna Foston
There were a lot of very similar characters in this book and I found it difficult to keep them straight. One of the main characters was alternately referred to by his name or as "the field accountant", sometimes in the same sentence. That didn't seem to have any purpose. At one point he was talking to someone and in the very next paragraph he was talking to a different character in a completely different location with no segue. The big meeting at the end dragged on and was a big yawn. I think I ...more
Colin Mitchell
A good thriller based on high finance greed and a mentally unstable hero who becomes a Nazi sympathiser and is ultimately sacrificed by those he sought to support. Some parts a quite difficult to follow the story line but it panned out by the end. Not a thriller that has particular merit but enjoyable enough.
Josh McClellan
May 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
As a huge Ludlum fan, this one is inferior to many of his other books. The plot line is interesting, and the last hundred pages were page turners. However, much of the story is based on the world of finance, which I had difficulty following at times (and have zero interest in). Some of the dialogue is awkward and unrealistic. But the ending is satisfying. 3.5 stars.
carl clause
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
CC1

The book was written 30 yrs. ago. It still relevant to the times .Excellent read great plot and I'm sure some truth to story. Robert Ludlum has to be one of the great authors of all time. I have enjoyed reading everything he has written . As always excellent job!!!! Carl Clause
Brad Ocampo
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

This is a fantastic tale, lots of twists and turns. The story seemed to jump around a bit and lost me a couple of times. It ends abruptly, I thought too quickly for the story, but maybe that's just me wanting to enjoy it a little longer....
Colleen Fidlin
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was Ludlum's first book and for me it is my favourite.
Ahmed Allala
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
thrilling, amazing, exciting, full of suspense, serving post world war realness, corruption realness and everything beyond. honestly this is such a roller coaster.
Deborah
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Robert Ludlum's first book, @ 1971. Developing his later style, a good read.
Poobalan
May 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: robert-ludlum
enticing, keeps you on the edge ..but ending seemed rushed.
  • The Salzburg Connection
  • Storm Warning
  • The Secret Warriors (Men At War, #2)
  • The Bourne Betrayal (Jason Bourne, #5)
  • The Ares Decision (Covert-One, #8)
  • The Janson Command (Paul Janson, #2)
  • The Stockholm Syndicate
  • Line of Control (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #8)
  • The Devil's Alternative
  • Beautiful Assassin
Robert Ludlum was the author of twenty-seven novels, each one a New York Times bestseller. There are more than 210 million of his books in print, and they have been translated into thirty-two languages. He is the author of The Scarlatti Inheritance, The Chancellor Manuscript, and the Jason Bourne series--The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy, and The Bourne Ultimatum--among others. Mr. Ludlum ...more
More about Robert Ludlum...