Start by marking “In Between (Katie Parker Productions, #1)” as Want to Read:
In Between (Katie Parker Productions, #1)

In Between

(Katie Parker Productions #1)

Unlike most kids, teenage Katie Parker never got a fair shot at a normal life. With a mother in jail and a missing-in-action dad, she's never known what it's like to truly be loved. Low on options and family members, she's soon shipped off to a foster home. Now in an unfamiliar town, Katie's rebellious attitude is at odds with her new family, school, and classmates. And af ...more
Published April 15th 2007 by Think

To ask other readers questions about In Between, please sign up.
Eesha If you have some sort of apple product like an iPhone or an iPod, on ibooks the entire book is free to get

Jill Williamson
Feb 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I haven’t laughed so hard from reading a book ever. Jenny B. Jones’ debut novel, In Between, is a hysterical read.

Katie Parker’s mom is in prison, and Katie is shipped off to live with pretend-o-parents, James and Millie Scott in the small town of In Between, Texas . When Katie discovers her new foster dad is a pastor, she dresses Goth for the first day of school, certain Millie won’t let her out of the house. Her plans backfire and Katie is not only forced to go to school with black fingernail
Goddess Of Blah
Aug 24, 2014 rated it did not like it
This book is enough to not only put you off religion but swear your allegiance to the devil.
[image error]
description

It's ridiculously annoying. I generally do enjoy Christian romance - I don't even mind some of the preachy types. But this book (albeit not preachy) is ANNOYING!! Because it tries too hard to be hip and funny with DUMB "JOKES".

Instead I wanted to invade that place and start an anti-Christ orgy fest.

Example - there's an incident relating to our heroine Katie being caught breaking into a theat
Alan Cotterell
Jan 22, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2019, minus-one

What on earth was that!!? First and last book I read by this author. Let's hope my next book is an improvement. Surely cannot be worse. Can it?
Ivie
Oh my goodness, what an amazing book! At first, it was slow and boring for me. A lot of telling instead of showing was happening. Then, Katie got snarkier and snarkier. I didn't want to put this book down. I think I have found another author to add to my list of favorites. (It doesn't hurt that her name sounds similar to a childhood favorite book series of mine.)

Story World

Contemporary Texas in the fictional town of In Between. Not much to say, except it's a small town, which is so dreamy to me.
Katie
Jul 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
While I am a big suspense reader, every so often I like picking up a book that will make me laugh from start to finish. In Between achieved that desire to the fullest! From the first chapter, Katie’s personality and dry sense of humor had me grinning from ear to ear. Be prepared to get many weird looks from people around you as you all but roll in laughter, but this book was sooo worth looking like a fool. LOL!

Jenny B. Jones did an amazing job at writing the main character, Katie. Nothing about
Grace Morris
4.5 Stars! =D

Okay, so I'm just going to say this really fast. If anyone takes me on a six-hour plus shopping trip for clothes without letting me buy one book, then offering to take me out for lunch allowing me to pick my choice of dessert. And I happen to choose the ice cream, brownies, hot fudge, and a whole list of candy items sprinkle on top, and the waiter accidentally adds an extra scoop. Well, I'm not going to be sharing! So go get your phone?

Umm-huh. Sorry, about that. But when someone pu
Salha
Jul 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
At first I thought I was going to hate this book. Katie's behavior and comments made me roll my eyes every second throughout the first ten chapters of so. I felt as if I was reading about a twelve-year old girl, instead of a sixteen-year old.

After the Valiant incident, I began to see some change within Katie. I really liked where the character development took her, she kicked all those bad expectations people had of her in the butt. Way to go, Katie!

I've seen people complaining a lot about this
Melody
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit that I was skeptical of this book when I first began. Having never read anything by Jenny B. Jones before, I had no idea of her writing style and I've read a few other books dealing with characters in the foster care system and I was dreading wading through the sad reality of the very real struggles and injustices of foster care in general.

I quickly found myself drawn in by Katie and her situation. This kid has my sense of humor! The deeper I got into the book, the deeper it fel
Sarah Grace Grzy
Hilariously witty, relatable, captivating, and inspiring, I loved this book! This is one of those books you make a million highlights in, and go back and read them at random when you need cheering up. ;) The only downfall was there is some crudeness\"girl-talk", if I am remembering correctly.
Jerry
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun reading. This Disney Channel fan enjoyed it.
Cecelia
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was HILARIOUS! Seriously, you’ll find yourself, smiling, laughing and just enjoying this light, funny story about a teen-aged foster child. Katie Parker’s mom is in prison, and now she finds herself part of the foster care system. A husband and wife want Katie to live with them as their foster child in In Between Texas. When Katie gets to In Between, she’s thrown into a life that’s as foreign to her as if she were living in a different country. Her foster dad is a pastor, her foster mo ...more
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“Can we overcome our past?
Katie Parker is about to get a new life—whether she wants one or not. With her mom in prison, and her father AWOL, Katie is sent to live with a squeaky-clean family who could have their own sitcom. She launches a full-scale plan to get sent back to the girls’ home when she finds herself in over her head...and heart. When Katie and her new "wrong crowd" get into significant trouble at school, she finds her punishment is restoring a historic theater with
Hannah
Sep 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Every teen girl who likes a fun LOL read
I LOVE Jenny B. Jones. Anything Jenny writes I'm bound to love. She has this tough with contemp comedy. She can just hook you in.

I read her Charmed Life Trilogy before I got a tie parker. I fell in love with Charmed Life. Every single book just made me Laugh out Loud and have a great time enjoying a fun, fresh story. Same with Katie Parker. This is an LOL book!

I loved Katie's character. She's struggling at the beginning to deal with family problems and adjusting to a new foster home and fittin
Kelli
Apr 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Jenny B. Jones has the funniest dialog. Her books are so good to read just for the laughs. Even if the story lines aren't even captivating me, I'd still wanna read her stories just for the dialog.

This one is cute and heartbreaking at the same time. It's highly empathic but at the same time fun to read, and the author pulls that mix off in compelling ways. Jenny B. Jones understands teenagers and the way they think. She definitely has carved out time to write how a 'teenage foster care girl' shou
Halee
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't stop reading this book!! So much to the point of staying up past midnight reading in my bed, with my eyes burning of being tired. Anyway, all of Katie's (the main character in the book) problems are real-life. I have to say that whenever the author includes fake or unrealistic issues that the character goes through irritates me....And this book was completely unaccusable of my pet peeve! I don't want to reveal to much of this treasure bound in a cover; so I'm signing off. READ THIS BOOK ...more
Dalton Mosher
Jul 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Katie Parker is a foster child, her mother is in prison and she might as well be with her because her life is horrible. Especially because some people have decided that they want her to be their foster child. Never even meeting this family she is forced to move in with them and try to live 'normal' whatever that is. Katie is sure that before a week is even up they are going to have her kicked out and back to the Sunny Haven Home for Girls. Maybe if she's a bad kid they will kick her out. Nope. E ...more
Jenika Ioffreda
Sep 16, 2014 rated it did not like it
The main character seemed very interesting and funny and I had a nice time reading about her but after a while I couldn't stand it anymore and I stopped reading. I endured less than half book.
First of all it was quite offensive to every Goth person who would read the book: sorry baby, having black clothes and black nail polish doesn't make you automatically an outcast. But it seems the heroine and every other character of the story thought so.
And so much talking about God and church. It was a fr
Avery Joy
I absolutely loved this book! I'm super excited to read the next!!!
Cara Putman
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I now understand why my teen loved this book and series. I listened to it as an audiobook, and the narrator was perfect. A sweet story of self-discovery.
Allyson
Last year, I read and fell in love with the first installment of Jones's Katie Parker Productions series, but neglected to write a review. After rereading In Between again this year to prepare for reading books 3 and 4, I'm reminded why I love this series so much!

What I Liked:

Katie's Character Arc:
Katie's transformation from a lost, trouble making foster kid to someone who is curious about God is not only heartwarming, but 100% relatable. Jones does not instantly make life easy for Katie once sh
C.J. Darlington
Oct 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-contemporary
**UPDATE**
Read this book for the second time because I needed something light to read, and once again it totally made me crack up. I loved it! A fantastic book to read if you're dealing with anything stressful and just need an escape.

***
In Between is one of a few novels I've read where I've actually cracked up every time I read it ... and on every other page. I kid you not.

But not only is In Between laugh-out-loud funny, Jenny manages to weave serious issues into her stories right alongside the
Alicia Willis
Sep 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
15+ for teenage content.

I downloaded this book on a whim, mainly because it looked cute, clean, and was free. I was not expecting to be hooked to the story!

I had a hard time with the cynical POV at first. Katie seemed like a typical sixteen year old some of the time. The rest of the time, she was the mid-forties master of sarcasm and wit on steroids. Yes, she was hilarious. Or just plain cynical. Or way-too-insensitive. She had a charm and frustration all her own.

The story was basic, if not pred
Taylor
Dec 01, 2014 rated it did not like it
Should have read the summary more thoroughly because I totally missed the last sentence about God being there. Now, I'm not totally against Christian books, but with the amount of preaching that goes on in this book, there should have been more mention of it in the summary. As an atheist who grew up in the church, it was painful to read.

Everything was so black and white. Church was good, goth was bad, all teenagers hang out with their exact group and only talk about their one interest. That's n
Georgette
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable read for me. The book was funny, Maxine was hilarious, and it had a light feel considering some of the topics it touched on.

I am not one to read others reviews and form opinions of their… opinions but I’m going to today. I have noticed far too often that reviewers will rip a book for its genre. If you do not like having religion thrown at you in the form of a book, why on earth are you picking up Christian Fiction? This particular book is listed under Christian Fiction and
Lilian
May 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I thought the story line was captivating. It had its funny dialogue in it. When I read the book, I kind of felt like I was Katie. Like I could feel her emotions. The storyline kept me going through all three books. I think these books are great for anyone.
Kim
Oct 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love, love, love this book!!!! :)

It is cute, funny, and witty!
Abbie
Aug 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual rating - 3.5
Erren Deery
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a lovely book to read. It makes you think about what is going on in your life and the meaning behind it. It’s a story about hope.

I found this to be a good easy going read, and very much enjoyed it. It was very well written.
J.C.
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about In Between by Jenny B. Jones! The characters, the set, the plotline—everything! There was just enough twists, turns, and mystery to keep me wondering, but the characters were enough to make me want to finish it. It was a great story of a girl adapting to a new home. I greatly look forward to reading the second.

Katie is a hysterical main charater. She’s always got another [sassy] comment, another idea, another opinion of the world. I laughed out loud several times thanks
Andrea
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
I really really liked this book. When I got this book in amazon I didn't thought I was going to have such a good time reading it. I don't normally read christian books but this one let me wanting more. It was so funny and there was a part a laughed so hard I even woke up my aunt (I was reading it in the night and it was really late). This was a sweet and an easy read story where the main characters is Katie,and is told from her POV.

"Katie Parker is about to get a new life—whether she wants one o
  • Cool Beans (Maya Davis, #1)
  • Finding Hollywood Nobody (Hollywood Nobody, #2)
  • So Over It (The Reinvention of Skylar Hoyt, #3)
  • My Beautiful Disaster (The Pathway Collection, #2)
  • Mixed Bags (Carter House Girls, #1)
  • The Miracle Girls (Miracle Girls, #1)
  • Katy's New World (Katy Lambright Series, #1)
  • The Summer of Cotton Candy (Sweet Seasons, #1)
  • Always Watching (The Rayne Tour, #1)
  • At Face Value
  • Lucy Doesn't Wear Pink (Lucy #1)
Four-time Carol Award winner Jenny B. Jones writes contemporary romance with wit, sass, and Southern charm. Since writing for both women and teens leaves her with very little free time, she believes in spending her spare hours in meaningful, intellectual pursuits, such as watching E!, going to the movies and inhaling large buckets of popcorn, and writing her name in the dust on her furniture. www. ...more

Katie Parker Productions (4 books)
  • On the Loose (Katie Parker Productions, #2)
  • The Big Picture (Katie Parker Productions, #3)
  • Can't Let You Go (Katie Parker Productions, #4)
“I love that feeling, when music rumbles in your chest and soaks all the way through, like it’s a part of you.” 4 likes
“There are mistakes, and then there are choices.” 3 likes