Start by marking “The Clear Skin Diet: How to Defeat Acne and Enjoy Healthy Skin” as Want to Read:
The Clear Skin Diet: How to Defeat Acne and Enjoy Healthy Skin

The Clear Skin Diet: How to Defeat Acne and Enjoy Healthy Skin

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  137 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
While acne has long been a problem for adolescents, in recent decades - the last fifty years specifically - acne has been on the rise among adults as well, particularly among women. Many scientists have traced his upsurge to changes in the dietary habits of North Americans. The Clear Skin Diet is designed to help those who suffer from acne to understand:

What it is Why th
Hardcover
Published September 1st 2007 by Cumberland House Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Clear Skin Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Clear Skin Diet

Megan
Mar 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I quit eating dairy and starting taking omega 3s religiously after I read this book. My skin dramatically improved in about a month, after struggling with adult acne into my 30s. Now, if I lay off the dairy and sugar (which I'm not always good at, honestly), my skin is practically perfect. Reading this book is truly one of the best things I've ever done.
Lauren
Nov 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Dairy is evil. I just saved you the time you would have spent reading it. Sadly dairy is in EVERY damn thing, so enjoy the weight loss that goes along with the clear skin you will have when you change your ways.
Agnes M
Nov 09, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-food
Interesting read that actually looks at how the whole body processes nutrients and how everything works in concert. Quite a few recipes that look tasty as well.
Emily
Dec 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a very informative book. I have been struggling with acne for the last 6 months or so that seemed to just come out of nowhere. I had some acne when I was a teenager but the current flare up is worse than I have ever experienced. Before I picked up this book, I had already made some dietary changes, mostly cutting out refined sugars and most carbohydrates (grains and most fruit).

For those interested in reading this book I will tell you that the majority of the book is an analysis of a w
Grete
May 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
A thorough and unabashedly scientific discussion of how nutrition, hormones, and other key players affect the inflammatory aggravators of acne. Less full of hype than many other books of this type - actually insistent that the authors are not promising a miracle cure. Well worth wading through all the chemical names and dense explanations to gain a better understanding of how the human body functions and how you can leverage that knowledge.
Michelle
Dec 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
I wish someone had given me this book in high school. This book is well researched and has a wealth of information. However, this book might be a tough read for someone without a scientific background.
Grayson
May 31, 2010 rated it liked it
Essentially the diet is the same thing as In Defense Of Food
Feb 24, 2012 rated it it was ok
Most of this book--about 70% or so--was a discussion of the causes of acne and a survey of a variety of studies that dealt with acne and its causes. A lot of that discussion was very technical but it boiled down to the same point again and again: diet influences acne. Well, duh! The title of the book tells us that!! I was a little disappointed. There is a good section on foods to eat and foods to avoid, as well as an explanation for each of these. The "menu plans" were for only a week's worth of ...more
Steven
Nov 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Really detailed in the science behind the recommendations, would have preferred the text to be a bit less blocky, but that could have been due to the ereader I was reading it on. A tough read for those without a degree in biology and chemistry, but worth it to discover some potentially helpful information for curing acne.
Collin Bell
Aug 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
My skin and overall health is now much better years after reading this book
J.W. Wexford
Jan 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health
I agree with most of what's in this book; our diets do affect how our skin looks. Yet, don't buy this book and think if you follow what it says it will magically make your skin look perfect.
Ajs
Aug 02, 2012
Casey Andersen
Sep 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Antianxiety Food Solution: How the Foods You Eat Can Help You Calm Your Anxious Mind, Improve Your Mood, and End Cravings
  • The Food-Mood Solution: All-Natural Ways to Banish Anxiety, Depression, Anger, Stress, Overeating, and Alcohol and Drug Problems--and Feel Good Again
  • The Better Baby Book: How to Have a Healthier, Smarter, Happier Baby
  • Food: Your Miracle Medicine
  • Prescription for Natural Cures
  • Family Feasts for $75 a Week: A Penny-wise Mom Shares Her Recipe for Cutting Hundreds from Your Monthly Food Bill
  • The New Becoming Vegetarian: The Essential Guide to a Healthy Vegetarian Diet
  • Encyclopedia of Healing Foods
  • Wild Feminine: Finding Power, Spirit, & Joy in the Root of the Female Body
  • The Nourishing Traditions Book of Baby & Child Care
  • The Kid-Friendly ADHD & Autism Cookbook: The Ultimate Guide to the Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Diet
  • Conscious Eating
  • Natural Health, Natural Medicine
  • Potatoes Not Prozac
  • Move a Little, Lose a Lot: New NEAT Science Reveals How to Be Thinner, Happier, and Smarter
  • The Juicing Bible: Second Edition