Start by marking “La scienza in cucina e l'arte di mangiar bene” as Want to Read:
La scienza in cucina e l'arte di mangiar bene

La scienza in cucina e l'arte di mangiar bene

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  124 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Con le sue 790 ricette, raccolte dall'autore con paziente passione nel giro dei lunghi anni e innumerevoli viaggi, l'Artusi è il libro più famoso e letto sulla cucina italiana, quello da cui tutti i grandi cuochi dell'ultimo secolo hanno tratto ispirazioni e suggerimenti. È un'opera singolare che esalta il piacere del mangiar bene; più che un ricettario è un libro di gusto ...more
Published 2009 by Giunti (first published 1891)

To ask other readers questions about La scienza in cucina e l'arte di mangiar bene, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La scienza in cucina e l'arte di mangiar bene

Procyon Lotor
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 15-viaggi
Patrimonio dell'umanit� dei salutisti, nel senso di "alla salute" cuoco...che bella parola dedica implicita al grande romagnolo di Forlimpopoli che ci ricorda - in tempi in cui troppo spesso la cucina � piacere per gli occhi, per l'autostima, per lo status symbol per i giornali, per tutto quanto non serve a nulla... ...che uno dei modi di conoscere il mondo � acquistarlo o raccoglierlo, lavarlo, mondarlo, tritarlo, impastarlo, stenderlo, affettarlo, brasarlo, stufarlo, bollirlo, friggerlo, impan ...more
Elsabe
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is not a sit down and read start to finish type book. So I read out of it every morning to inspire and give colour to my day - I presume like some people read the Bible.
This book is not your average book filled with recipes. This book is about life, it explains every aspect of living in illustrious terms. It is mesmerizing!
"Soup is only as good as the Sofrito" this is not only true of soup but also of life. Select every ingredient with attention, prepare it with your soul, add some good mu
Dwight

In 1982 I bought a copy of Pellegrino Artusi’s La Sceinza in Cucina e l’Arte di Mangiar Bene, “The Science of Cookery and the Art of Eating Well,” from a used-book seller who also carried a few new books on the side. My copy was new. I didn’t want a new copy, but when I asked him if he had any used ones, he shook his head and replied that mothers passed their copies on to their daughters. He’d sold only three used copies of Artusi, as the book is called, i
Bisatto
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a classic of Italian cooking, indeed it has been called "The Bible of Italian cooking". Written over a century ago, it contains timeless recipes that are a staple for each aspiring or accomplished Italian chef. The book reads well, it is written with wit and humour (e.g. why is a plum-cake called plum-cake when it does not have any plums?)and makes for a pleasant read even if you are put off by the abundant use of innards and offal in the recipes.
ele.bi
Un libro che non ha bisogno di presentazioni: basta il cognome dell'autore. Grande classico della cucina italiana, una vera miniera di ricette (non per tutti i giorni, il modo di cucinare è molto cambiato nel tempo), ma anche una lettura godibile e a tratti divertente.
Jon
Jan 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am not sure if this is the edition that I have but I love Artusi - the recipes take some work but the flavors and commentary are unsurpassed. (the date is the first read, I read the book constantly!)
Nina
Jan 29, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was recommended to me by a cook in Siena as the Italian cookbook. Amusing commentary with general recipes - more process than technical (yes!) - written in the late 1800s. I will try making the Nocino (walnut liquer) first.
Wayne
Dec 22, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food
It's like "the Joy of Cooking" for Italy. I've come to this book often enough as a good reference point for many traditional Italian dishes. It's a great and very useful addition to a culinary library.
Matt
Nov 04, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking-food
Everything you need to know about Italian cooking from a scholarly perspective. Great reading to see how it was done in the old-days.
Bryn Paul
My goto for Italian. Some books tell you how to cook. Here I understand how to cook.
Giuseppe
Un altro gradito regalo dopo l'atlante sui vini. E' ovviamente impossibile capire quale sia la mia passione.
Silvia
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
L'unico libro di cucina da leggere prima di andare a dormire. Assolutamente unico e fantastico!
Lorenza
  • Italian Food
  • The Italian Baker
  • I Love Macarons
  • Separate Flights
  • The Bartender's Bible: 1001 Mixed Drinks and Everything You Need to Know to Set Up Your Bar
  • Why Italians Love to Talk About Food
  • Healing Spices: How to Use 50 Everyday and Exotic Spices to Boost Health and Beat Disease
  • Miss Vickie's Big Book of Pressure Cooker Recipes
  • The 30-Minute Vegan's Taste of the East: 150 Asian-inspired recipes--from soba noodles to summer rolls
  • Moro: The Cookbook
  • Seven Fires: Grilling the Argentine Way
  • The Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days: Recipes to Make Every Day Special
  • Home made
  • 500 Cupcakes: The Only Cupcake Compendium You'll Ever Need (500 Series Cookbooks)
  • The Book of Jewish Food: An Odyssey from Samarkand to New York