Start by marking “The Book of the Night (Libyrinth, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Book of the Night (Libyrinth, #3)

The Book of the Night

(Libyrinth #3)

The world of the Libyrinth has experienced a series of wrenching changes. After the Libyrarians and their longtime foes the Singers discovered their common heritage, a young healer named Po found the Lions Bloom, an ancient and enormously powerful artifact capable of rewriting reality.

Hardcover, First
Published September 4th 2012 by Tor Teen (first published November 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Book of the Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of the Night

Start your review of The Book of the Night (Libyrinth, #3)
Ashley Ferguson
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review and more can be found at The A P Book Club

I honestly do not understand why this series, and this book in particular, did not take the YA world by storm. This is one of those rare series where the books just keep getting better and better, and this last book just totally blew me away! It has everything an excellent fantasy book should have, plus elements of almost every other genre out there. There's sci-fi and dystopia and romance and everything I love about books.

One of my
Paul Decker
Apr 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Find this review and more at The AP Book Club

This book! So, I enjoyed the first two in this series. They were nice fantasy stories that involved interesting societies with some cool gender roles. The magic and the science were one in the same. There were "Ancients", but I didn't put much thought into them other than a ruined society of high technology. This book completely blew my mind away!

Before I get to why this book is way more than a solid 5/5, I'll go through the basics.

The characters are
Michelle
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
(3.5 stars) This is the third and concluding volume of the series. With Queen Thela in control of the Lions Bloom, all seems lost, as she literally has the power to rewrite the world. The only hope left is the mythical Book of the Night, and the search is on so that the world might be saved. The revelations that follow will change the world and their perspectives in an entirely new way. The concluding volume brings together some of the curious elements that have been presented and pulls them all ...more
Shara
Sep 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
The premise: ganked from BN.com: The thrilling, magical conclusion of the Libyrinth trilogy.

Behind the mysteries of their shrouded past has always been the legendary Book of the Night. Sought for generations, both
Kristin Taggart
I don't use star ratings, so please read my review!

(Description nicked from B&N.com.)

Angie
Aug 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: teen, science-fiction
The Book of the Night is the final book in Pearl North's trilogy. In this book the people of Libyrinth learns the true history of their world and how and why it was created. The Book of the Night has always been a legendary book in this world of books. When Haly finds the book it rocks the very foundation of their world. On the other side of the world Queen Thela has the Lion's Bloom, the pen that can rewrite reality. Po is trying to keep her from using it, but eventually her ambition will get ...more
Amie Doughty
Oct 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, fantasy
Cindy
Sep 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Wow. This is a definate game changer in the series. I honestly wish the whole series had stayed on this level of writing, because if it did the series would have been more popular than it is.

It's hard to explain what happens in this book, but it's awe-inspiring and mind blowing. I was reluctant to read this book as the second book put me off of the series, but I am glad I did.

Pearl North pulls some amazing plot twists into this third and final installment and I feel any lover of books will
Inara Scott
Apr 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a complex and fascinating read. You can read it alone, though you'll miss a lot of detail and story elements from the first two books. Lots of action, a bit of steampunk, and prepare for deep thoughts at the end.
Kelly
Jan 20, 2012
Controlled Abandon
Jul 10, 2014

Libyrinth (3 books)
  • Libyrinth (Libyrinth, #1)
  • The Boy from Ilysies (Libyrinth, #2)

News & Interviews