Start by marking “Press Here” as Want to Read:
Press Here

Press Here

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  19,019 ratings  ·  1,632 reviews
PRESS HERE , MIX IT UP!, LET'S PLAY!, and SAY ZOOP! Collect all four interactive books from Hervé Tullet!

Press the yellow dot on the cover of this interactive children's book, follow the instructions within, and embark upon a magical journey! Each page of this surprising touch book instructs the reader to push the button, shake it up, tilt the book, and who knows what wil
Published March 30th 2011 by Chronicle Books (first published January 28th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Press Here, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Press Here

·  19,019 ratings  ·  1,632 reviews

Betsy
Mar 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
When we talk about interactive picture books we’re usually talking about pop-up books or tactile books with fuzzy/bumpy details. When we talk about picture books that break down the fourth wall, we’re usually talking about titles that approach the reader directly with a narrative like The Monster at the End of This Book or Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus or Can You Make a Scary Face So where do we slot the little French import Press Here by Herve Tullet? Interactive but also reliant on the pa ...more
Lisa Vegan
Apr 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all beginning readers and even younger children who know a bit about colors & counting
I was pressed to read this book. Ha! I wasn’t expecting to like it but I ended up loving it.

It’s very clever. I like that children’s/readers’ actions “write the book” and that it’s an enjoyable activity, and that it helps young kids with fine motor skills, and counting skills and with learning colors, and directions (left, right, up, down). As readers follow the directions, it will seem to them that they are creating what’s on the next page. What a great idea!

This is a very entertaining, intera
Suzanne
Aug 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Interesting concept. Instructions about what to do with a coloured button, which will make something exciting happen and flow onto the next page. Not just reading, but acting and following instruction. Shake the book, shake it harder. What will happen? Indy thought this was fun. Need more time to read stories in a calm environment when we have time for reading and relaxation. It's hard to do after a long day at pre school. We will read this again. Good thing I work in a library = long loan.
Rana Heshmati
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Rana by: معصومه توکلی
ما با شهرکتاب مرکزی مثل کتابخانه رفتار میکنیم. این را دیدیم و همانجا با حانیه و ستاره و آرمینا نشستیم و خواندیمش (در واقع بازی کردیم!) و نمیتوانید تصور کنید که چقدر به ما خوش گذشت! ...more
Nadin Adel
Sep 29, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: children
Nothing special for a kid to learn.
Kelly
May 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
A dot is such a simple thing. A simple thing that turns into something magically fun in this marvelous new book by Hervé Tullet.

Tullet combines simple, colorful dots with simple, clear directions for a book bound to lead to interactive fun.

Things to love about this book: (not all of which are the usual sorts of things I talk about in reviews)

1. Its size. It is square (8-3/4" x 8-3/4").

2. Its cover. Its cover is made of good stiff cardboard of the sort used to make board books.

3. Its pages. They
معصومه توکلی
تنها بدی اش این بود که به جای سه سالگی در سی سالگی به دستم رسید! :)
Melody
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this brilliant little book. It asks the reader to do something to a colored dot (press here, rub gently & etc.) and when the page is turned, it appears that the reader's action has changed the illustration. It's a lovely concept, and moreover, it's just plain fun to do. I have seen toddlers and preschoolers loving it at the library, I've read it with K-3 kids, and just last weekend talked to a 9 year-old who loved it as much as I do. That's not counting the adults I know who have to ...more
Coach D
Sep 13, 2016 rated it did not like it
Very nice present from cousins! Unfortunately, the page where all of the dots fall to one side made us very sad for some reason. We'll come back to this one.
Leslie
Press Here is magical—and a delight for any age. The daughter, who is not only a very cool tween, but a TAG reader of books well-above her age, was seen the other day on the floor of the Library with Hervé Tullet’s Press Here, a rather simple looking pre-school interactive book—at least, that is what I thought when I saw it. We were at the “Lucky Day” shelves of the Juvenile Section. I figured the book had been mistakenly shelved. It may have been, but Natalya was pressing and shaking and blowin ...more
Scope
Mar 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011
Over time, I’ve prattled on and on about the elements that make for quality kids’ books. Memorable characters, beautiful artwork, compelling plot, and so on and so forth. Today, let’s get more basic than that. What about a book you can hand to almost any kid and it would make them smile? What about a book that will provide some of the most eager page turns you’ve ever seen? Press Here, from the wildly creative French author/illustrator Hervé Tullet, has that ability. Simple in appearance, genius ...more
آیت معروفی
خیلی خوب بود. مجید خدابخش یکی از دوستانم بهم معرفیاش کرد. انتشارات دیبایه از آن نشرهای کودک گزیده کاریست که هر کتابش تجربهایست برای خودش.
کتاب تعاملی است. یعنی از بچه میخواهد کاری بکند و پیش برود. مثلا کتاب را تکان بدهد و بعد ورق بزند ببیند دایرههایی که توی صفحهی قبل دیده چطور بهم ریخته است. یا مثلا دست بزند و محکمتر دست بزند و باز هم محکمتر دست بزند تا دایرههای با هربار دست زدن و ورق زدن بزرگتر بشوند.
اینکه نوینسدهای با چنین ایدهی سادهای و فقط با استفاده از چند دایرهی رنگی و نقاشی بسیار ساده بتوا
Стефан Русинов
Забавна интерактивна книга (такава, която ти дава команди и на всяка нова страница се случва промяна, вследствие от изпълнението им - натисни, разклати, духни...). През лятото четох една доста по-веселяшка с дърво и листа. Не са точно моето нещо този тип книги, но се радвам, че вече си имаме и такива, благодарение на издателство Funky Books. С любопитство бих я почел с племенника си.

(Замяната на ръкописно изписване (както е на оригиналната корица) с гаден шрифт, който се прави на ръкописен, вина
Jenny
Sep 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
What an amazing book!!! I absolutely LOVED it! I had so much fun pushing, turning, and shaking the book! And my two-year old loved it too! He just wanted to keep shaking and shaking! And the best part of all...we were both smiling and laughing the entire time! :)
Andrew
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I liked: everything about this incredibly creative book!
she liked: the ipad-like quality of changing pictures on real paper.
Mrs G
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pre-school
Brilliant 'interactive' book for little ones. Simple dots provide the pictures: follow the instructions on each page to make the magic happen. A big hit with L (2 and a half) who particularly loves blowing the dots off the page (luckily the pages are fairly think so any 'spray' caused by enthusiastic blowing is easily removed!) Could provide inspiration for older children to make their own interactive book.
lanius_minor
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dokonalost sama! Knížka s velkým K. Kdysi jsem koupila neteři, dnes sobě :)
Alyssa
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read with my husband; we both enjoyed the interactivity, even though we're adults. :)
Francis
Super fun book! The librarian at my school read it to my Grade 5 students a few years back. They loved it. My nearly 4-year old son loves it too.
Andreea
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Minunată carte! Simplă și în mod inedit interactivă. M-am trezit urmând instrucțiunile din ea și stârnind priviri ciudate în jurul meu. :)

Recomand părinților cu copii care descoperă acum formele, culorile, stările. Veți fi încântați! Micuțul la fel.
Paul
Jan 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Opening the first page, it felt like this was going to be a fun. And it was! Very simple, physically interactive, great use of what appear to be finger paints -- including fingerprints--in primary colors with a few guided suggestions. Whether three of us adults passing it around--maybe more fun to watch someone else turn the pages and experience it/experiment with it--or a group of 30 entering this--what a joyful group experience. Can't wait for my grandson to discover it at whatever age that ha ...more
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
May 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: how-picture-book
Brilliantly simple, this interactive book is very simple. The illustrations are pretty much circles in primary colors. But the beauty is that each page has simple instructions such as "stand the book straight up" with the next page containing a reasonable result of such action, in this case all the circles laying on the bottom of the next page. I wish I'd known about this book when my nephew was just a little younger and would have been amazed.

Kaethe Douglas
Nov 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
It was on the new shelf when I dropped books off at the library yesterday, so I grabbed it. Later, after supper, I found Tosh rooting through my library bag to see what I'd brought home. We "read" it together. We are by no means babies, and we were both mighty amused. Delightful.

Library copy
Glenda
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
Picture books that offer insight into perspective and point of view appeal to me as I've always had a slightly skewed way of seeing the world. "Press Here" is another book about the power of imagination and creativity.
Angela
Sep 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is like the cutest book ever. I randomly saw this on a shelf next to the YA books at B&N and read it with my younger sister. It's a great book for kids.

I can't get over how cute this is.

IT'S ADORABLE.
Michaela
Jul 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
knižka, ktorú moje deti a ja s nimi) milujeme. odporúčam všetkým, čo nevedia, aký darček pre vek od 1.roka po 4. :)
inak, ak by existovala nejaká aplikácia aj na mobil, či tablet, prosím, poraďte, kde... lebo naša kniha je už pomerne dosť vystláčaná, vyhladkaná a vytrasená :)
Nicoleta
Place la 2 ani și 7 luni. Zgâlțâie, suflă, bate de 5 ori, freacă bulina.
Suzan Alteri
Dec 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a great interactive board book for children and adults! I can assure you that anyone of ANY age will enjoy this playful book about dots!
Haeun Lim
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The book sounds very fun. I think it helps to learn how to count or numbers in very fun way. The most fun part is dots are bigger and bigger when readers clapping.
Ruut DeMeo
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Press Here" is an interactive, non-fiction children's picture book, intended for ages 2 and older. It won in the "best children's book of the year" category for Kirkus Reviews, Publishers Weekly, Amazon.com, and was the ALA Notable Children's Book of 2012. The narrative requires participation from young readers, as one yellow dot becomes two (by pressing on it) and then turns different colors, and so on and so forth. There is some tilting and shaking involved, and eventually blowing and clappin ...more
Press Here - Herve Tullet 1 1 Sep 16, 2018 09:36AM
Pressurized Mini Keg 1 1 May 06, 2018 03:39AM
Goodreads Librari...: NAB Query 6 26 May 19, 2016 04:56PM
Children's Books: Interactive Books 5 32 Jun 08, 2012 07:58PM
  • Do You Know Which Ones Will Grow?
  • Hooray for Amanda & Her Alligator!
  • Perfect Square
  • Blue Chameleon
  • Where's Walrus?
  • Blue Chicken
  • Dot
  • Can You Make a Scary Face?
  • RRRalph
  • Cloudette
  • I Want My Hat Back
  • A Pet for Petunia
  • Children Make Terrible Pets
Hervé Tullet is the creator of more than fifty children’s books, including Press Here, which has been translated into twenty-seven languages. He loves to provoke surprise with his books, as well as in the dynamic workshops that he takes part in. He lives in Paris and is celebrated internationally for his playful, inventive, and interactive storytelling.