Start by marking “Dr. Fulford's Touch of Life: Aligning Body, Mind, and Spirit to Honor the Healer Within” as Want to Read:

The healer introduced to readers in Andrew Weil's landmark bestseller Spontaneous Healing, 91-year-old Dr. Robert Fulford has spent over 50 years successfully treating patients failed by conventional medicine. In this information-packed volume, he delineates the healing principles of osteopathy, shares compelling case histories, and offers advice on integrating natural hea ...more
Published September 1st 1997 by Pocket (first published October 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Dr. Fulford's Touch of Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dr. Fulford's Touch of Life

Start your review of Dr. Fulford's Touch of Life: Aligning Body, Mind, and Spirit to Honor the Healer Within
Phil Calandra
Oct 16, 2019 rated it liked it
The author of this book, Dr. Robert Fulford, was one of the pioneers of alternative medicine in the form of Osteopathy. Where among other things, one of the primary methods utilized was full body and cranial manipulation. The central focus of Dr. Fulford's methods is that the body has the innate ability to heal itself and that the whole body must be looked at in a holistic way in contrast to viewing it as several unrelated systems. Unfortunately this is the trend of modern allopathic medicine. I ...more
Debbie
Jun 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Read this to better understand osteopathic medicine. Sadly, not many doctors of osteopathic medicine include osteopathic manipulative therapy in their practices.
Miriam Engel
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Extremely skeptical, but definitely interesting, and helps me contextualize several friends' interest in some of the practices contained within this book.
Laleh
May 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This book is an amazing insight into the teachings and healing work of Dr. Robert Fulford. Osteopathic medicine was established in the United States, and has been around for many years . . . yet many people have never heard of it, or have reservations about the profession based on false media statements. Perhaps this is why this book is a breath of fresh air, because Dr. Fulford was a master of osteopathy, and proved to make a positive effect on many people over the course of his lifetime.

The b
Jacqui Romero
Jul 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
My Osteopath gave me a handout with stretching exercises developed by Dr. Fulford. Simple but effective, I was curious to learn more about him and I'm glad I did. His simple and straightforward writing style emphasizes the basics to building a life of wellness: taking good care of yourself by stretching, meditating, dealing with the past to release pain from your body and mind, eating for nourishment, etc. Great reference book moving forward.
Fishface
Feb 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: health, how-to
This is a funny little book about mind-body healing written by a country doctor who's avoided being hypnotized by the promises of the pharmaceutical sales reps. Just gives his own experiences and insights without attempting to cover the whole subject. A nice read.
Jamar
Jul 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
Great book by a great Osteopathic physician. Dr. Fulford explains from his many years of experience about how effective Osteopathic medicine is and breaks down this field to a science of sort. Great read and will keep for future reference...has some pretty good info.
Stephie Conn
Sep 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I got this book about 13 years ago and it was very moving and exciting then. Knowing all I do now, I realize this book so much more valuable than I ever realized written by a darling, beautiful man. I highly recommend.
kyle
Nov 04, 2012 added it
An osteopathic classic, Dr. Fulford's book is a very quick and enjoyable read and very useful for anyone wanting to learn more about "traditional osteopathy."
Annette Eccles
A must read for anyone who wants to be involved in the healing field. He was a wonderful and humble man.
Jessica
May 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011-reads
I know I've read this book before, but what an eye opener the second time around! Genius!
Chris Hunt
Mar 14, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »

• In Search of the Miraculous: Fragments of an Unknown Teaching
  • The Creation of Patriarchy
  • The Vinyl Detective: Low Action (Vinyl Detective 5)
  • Free Your Breath, Free Your Life: How Conscious Breathing Can Relieve Stress, Increase Vitality, and Help You Live More Fully
  • The Glass Tower
  • Winter in Madrid
  • Flash Count Diary: Menopause and the Vindication of Natural Life
  • Housekeeping
  • Six of One: A Tudor Riff
  • Sleeping with Paris (Paris Romance, #1)
  • Seven Will Out: A Renaissance Revel
  • The Amber Spyglass  (His Dark Materials, #3)
  • The Girl You Left Behind