Start by marking “I Want to Go to the Moon” as Want to Read:
I Want to Go to the Moon

I Want to Go to the Moon

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  9 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
From the time when young Neil Armstrong took his first small steps and spoke his first words, he wanted to travel into space. Although everyone told him it was impossible, he never gave up. Tom Saunders' song tells the story of Armstrong's life, concluding with the day he made that world-changing "giant leap." In this book, Saunders' poetic, inspiring lyrics are brought to ...more
Published August 15th 2012 by Simply Read Books (first published September 10th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about I Want to Go to the Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Want to Go to the Moon

Cynthia Heinrichs
Feb 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a fun, encouraging story about a boy who refuses to give up his dreams despite everyone telling him that they're unattainable. Of course, he proves them wrong, but it's all in the telling. The verse/lyrics (a CD is included with the book) is catchy and the watercolours are gorgeous. This book makes me want to go to the moon, too.
Coreena McBurnie
Jan 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is the fictional story of Neil Armstrong. Neil is a boy with a dream - from a very young age, he wants to go to the moon, but everyone around him discourages him because his dream is too big, too audacious, has never been done. They mean well, they don't want him to be disappointed, but Neil will not be talked out of his dream. He studies the subjects necessary, takes menial jobs when necessary, works hard and keeps his dream close.

This is really a sweet book, encouraging yet simple. It is
Marlene
Melanie
Feb 02, 2014
Tina Jacobsen
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great story of Neil Armstrong. Comes with CD very catchy song. My 5 year old loved it!
R. Bard