Start by marking “Spider-Man: The Real Clone Saga” as Want to Read:
Spider-Man: The Real Clone Saga

Spider-Man: The Real Clone Saga

(Spider-Man: The Clone Saga #1-6)

3.36  ·  Rating details ·  167 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
You've been asking for it...and now it's here: THE CLONE SAGA!!! Marvel's most controversial event of all time returns with a vengeance, presenting the Clone Saga as it was originally intended to be told! From the minds behind the crossover that changed comics forever and the artist that introduced Spider-Man to President Obama. Be here as Peter Parker's worst nightmare be ...more
Published January 5th 2011 by Marvel (first published June 9th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Spider-Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spider-Man

Michael
In the introduction to this six-issue collection, one of the writers admits that one of the valid criticisms leveled at the entire debacle that was The Clone Saga was that it went on too long. So, here we have a six-issue mini-series that condenses events and streamlines a lot of the revelations that were a part of the infamous storyline.

And, for the most part, it actually works. It doesn't redeem the clone saga, but not having to endure the "no, you're the clone," "no, you're REALLY the clone"
Sooraya Evans
Aug 16, 2017 rated it did not like it
"I can see how someone can grow to hate this clone thing. It never seems to end."
Ben Reilly says it well in this book. He basically summarized my feelings.
I personally enjoyed the mid 90s clone saga even though most people thought it was a mistake.
And I don't seriously think that this supposedly "originally intended" storyline had ever existed in the first place. Probably just a convenient excuse to retell in again and again.
In this 'retelling', Kaine has a sense of humor, Spidercide doesn't exi
Xavfro
May 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics-read
wow, okay so apparently this are parts from the normal story arc, cutting the not so important stuff? and also continuing a bit on a story arc from the 70's? i was not well prepared but even with ignoring all that stuff the story is a bit of a mess. Would not recommend or definitely not this version of it maybe the integral volumes are better.
Anne
Alrighty.
First let me say, I've never read any of the issues of Spider-Man's Clone Saga. I went online (yay, wikipedia), and looked it up after I read this, though. Yikes! What a mess! I can see why Mackie and others felt the need to write this one.

So, this is the way the story should have gone down...but didn't. It's not a bad story, either. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Too bad about the original, though.
Prateek Kouloorkar
Jul 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: marvel
there's too much going on, way to many plot twist which ruins it and ending is just hopeless, the writers took easy way out
Andy
Sep 18, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, spider-man
The Clone Saga is an infamous part of Spider-Man's history and for good reason. In a nice move some of the original creative team have gone back and tried to tell it the way it was meant to be, before it got shanghaied into something else altogether.

As such it's a bit of an oddity, neither fitting into current Spidey stories, nor fitting into original continuity given some of their retcons. The art (bit too colourful and cartoony for my liking), clothing and hair make it look like it's set in th
Mike
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
This Marvel's attempt at a do-over of the "Clone Saga," condensing two years of bewildering crossovers and special issues into a single, coherent graphic novel. The retelling is fine, but the premise is still ridiculous, even for a comic book not particularly known for scientific accuracy. Somehow Peter Parker's biology professor from 1975 figured out how to do human cloning in his secret mad scientist lair under his office at Empire State University (even though everyone thought he had lied abo ...more
Sean
Feb 25, 2013 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one!
As someone who lived through the original clone saga era, and actually enjoyed a lot of it, this clearly wasn't what was originally intended to happen. That's the gimmick here. Supposedly, some of the original writer return to tell it like it was supposed to go down. Here, all I read was a watered down, lifeless, "what if?" story that is pretty close to terrible. The original, while obviously drawn out too far, at least had heart and original ideas. None of that exists here. I will say that Todd ...more
Steven
Feb 18, 2013 rated it liked it
The only reason this got a 3-star review instead of the 2-stars it earned was its admission that this six-issue story was the original intended size/arc for the Clone Saga of the early 90's that dragged on for over a year across too many books and became incomprehensible even to the creatives working on it (or so it seemed).

Quite a few interesting and fun ideas herein but still muddled in its attempts to synopsize and shorten instead of trying to tell the story as if none of the other material
Trashy Dreams
Apr 07, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just wrote a big review but it got deleted... Bottom line: Everyone hates this story for some reason, but I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I read the CLONE SAGA as a kid, but I don't remember shit-- so this (re)read is still kinda like getting it for hte first time. This is only Volume ONE tho, so maybe when rest comes out I'll hate it too, but so far I dig. And I still think Scarlet Spider is as cool as I did back then.

(softcover)
Colton
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was ok
Trying to condense the entire Clone Saga down to one graphic novel was too immense a task, and as a result, this just seemed rushed and lackluster for me, especially after reading the first volume of the original Clone Saga from the 80s. Not worthless, but ultimately forgettable.
Dan
Nov 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, marvel
A non-canon retelling of the Clone Saga from the 90s, condensed to only a few issues with a good chunk of the story and a few characters purged. It's basically more of an extended "What If?" book.
Matthew
Sep 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Having not read anything previous to tarnish it I must say I really enjoyed it although it's quite clear that this has been controversial. Read and enjoy.
Trevor Dailey
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, marvel
Good concise story. Makes me miss Ben Reilly.
David
Nov 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: comic-books
Really don't bother. I like Ben Reilly. Liked him as Scarlet Spider in his recent series. This however is pretty crappy.
Rocky Sunico
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, spider-man
Still not a great story, but it certainly would have been more interesting than the one we had ended up with in the 90's.
Robert 'Rev. Bob'
Much clearer and more straightforward than the original.
Peter
Jul 18, 2013
Henrik Carlsson
Aug 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Tom DeFalco is an American comics writer and editor, well-known for his association with Marvel Comics and Spider-Man.

Spider-Man: The Clone Saga (6 books)
  • Spider-Man: The Clone Saga #1