Start by marking “The Lightkeeper's Ball (Mercy Falls, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Lightkeeper's Ball (Mercy Falls, #3)

The Lightkeeper's Ball (Mercy Falls #3)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  2,582 Ratings  ·  265 Reviews
At the elegant Mercy Falls masquerade ball, Olivia's hidden identity will be revealed.

It is the dawn of a new century and Olivia Stewart is heiress to an empire. Her family numbers among the Four Hundred—those considered the wealthiest and most distinguished in America. Unfortunately their wealth has nearly disappeared, and now their security rests upon the Stewart daughte
Published April 19th 2011 by Thomas Nelson (first published January 1st 2011)

Claudia
Actual rating: 2.5

I was disappointed by this book, even though I quite enjoyed it. I really liked the premise and I expected a good mix of mystery and romance, but The Lightkeeper's Ball was not exactly a masterpiece.

Olivia was probably the main reason: she was too irritating for her own good with her spoiled ways and her rudeness (in some parts, I was internally begging her to shut. up.) and, most of all, the way the author constantly tried to make her appear as "an admirable clever woman that
Angelc
Apr 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
This historical Christian romance had a little bit of everything, and I loved it all! I will admit, the book started out a little slow for me. I thought it was going to be a typical run of the mill Christian romance. I was even a little confused by the two characters named Mr. Bennett. But I encourage you not to quit reading if you're feeling the same way. This book turns into a quick-paced, modern-thinking mystery and romance.

My favorite thing about the book was the positive message about women
Tammy Doherty
Jun 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'd give this 4 1/2 stars if I could figure out how to do the half star!

Of the 3 Mercy Falls books, this is definitely the best one. Each gets better, so I'm hoping there are more in the works :-) I absolutely love Colleen Coble's writing; the only time I've ever been critical of any of her novels it's been about editing errors. I did find one little edit-type thing in this book...at the very beginning there's an explanation of why Harrison is part of Bennett & Bennett that confused me. But
Katie
Apr 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I have never read any book by Colleen Coble yet, but I have always heard great things about them. I was eager to dive into The Lightkeeper’s Ball because of this and the fact that the cover was just so beautiful! I began the book at breakfast and finished it before dinner. For those who know me, that obviously means it was unputdownable and, in consequence, an amazingly awesome story! Loved it!

The characters in this book are very believable and three-dimensional. Olivia was spunky and brave and
Kristy
Nov 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have to start off by stating I did not read numbers 1 or 2 of this "series", but it really didn't matter, I still enjoyed myself.

So, I'm not even going to call this a review.... this is more like notes/thoughts and my usual rambling....

I fell in cover love with this and didn't bother to research at all and just gave in to an impulse buy. I don't regret it, but $12 is kind of expensive for this type of a book.

This was somewhat predictable, a little murder mystery that had a few twists I wasn't
Kristine Coumbe
When heiress Olivia Stewart finds out her sister Eleanor died from drowning, Olivia becomes suspicious and leaves for Mercy Falls to investigate. Olivia's mother wants her settle down and marry Harrison Bennett the son of her father's business partner. The Stewarts wealth is in decline and the Bennetts are in need of entrance into ultra high society. Olivia decides to go to Mercy Falls to investigate her sister's death as well as better know Harrison her sister's intended fiance'.

As Olivia arriv
Patty LeBlanc
Jun 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the Mercy Falls series. I haven't read the first two, but after reading this one I definitely will have to go back and read them.

The cover is the first thing that draws me to this novel. The gown is absolutely beautiful and the room she is standing in just makes you want to know why she is in such an opulent setting.

Olivia Stewart has always been known for her wealth. Unfortunately, this draws unwanted attention from suitors who only want to be with her for her money.
Ronie
Apr 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
I made the mistake of reading the sample chapters on CBD. I couldn't get the book fast enough afterward. Colleen Coble weaves a delightful and intriguing tale amid the Redwoods in The Lightkeeper’s Ball. Keeping up with the twists and plots proved as adventurous as keeping up with the Stewarts—especially one in particular, Olivia Stewart. With the perfect blend of romance and suspense, THE LIGHTKEEPER’S BALL is a wonderful read! While I would’ve loved to have seen more of the actual masquerade b ...more
Ashley
Nov 12, 2010 marked it as to-read
OMW! I'm in LOVE with this cover *sigh* If only we could ware dresses like this these days.
Nora St Laurent
Jun 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
The dazzling cover of this book made me stop and stare – then pick it up to see what was inside. I was so thankful for a review copy so I could discover the mysteries this book held! I’ve enjoyed several of Coleen’s books and was excited to have the opportunity to read her newest book.

The Lightkeeper’s Ball is the third book in A Mercy Falls series; I was worried I’d be lost because I didn’t read the first two. As I read I didn’t feel like I was lost at all, but it did make me want to read the f
Cheryl
May 14, 2011 rated it liked it
Olivia Stewart is almost past marriage age. Though, she is only twenty-five, which is not that old, when you live in a society like Olivia, twenty-five is considered a spinster. Olivia and her mother are in desperate need of money. When they learn that Olivia’s sister, Eleanor has drowned prior to marrying her fiancé, Harrison Bennett, this is bad news. Both that Eleanor has died and without Harrison being married, Olivia’s mother has lost rights to part of the diamond mine. Before Olivia can st ...more
Brenda
Apr 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Eleanor Stewart leaves her home in New York to marry Harrison Bennett, but when her mother gets word that Eleanor is dead, a drowning no less, Olivia, Eleanor's sister thinks something isn't right, her sister was afraid of water so why would she have drowned. She thinks the fiance might have had something to do with it and decides to take hop a ship to Mercy Falls to get some answers. When she is pushed off the ship before arriving at Mercy Falls she begins to think someone is out to get her. Th ...more
Damla
Jul 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
It took me a long time to start it, but when I started, I couldn't keep off myself from reading it! It is very easy to follow, but very exciting too.
"The Lightkeeper's Ball" by Colleen Coble is the third book of the series and it's a romance blended with mystery and suspense. You can see how the hate between the young man and woman turns into very strong love (although this happens somehow quickly). While sharing the deep emotions of the two young people, you also feel the horror, because there
Norma
Apr 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It does say that it is the third book in the Mercy Falls series. I have not had the chance to read either of the first two books. However, I did not feel lost because of it. And I really didn’t feel that there were spoilers from the first two in this one.

The characters were really great. I love Olivia’s headstrong attitude. She did not want to necessarily go along with societies views of women for that time. And thankfully, Harrison encourages her instead of demeanin
Hannah
3.75 stars.
I liked this better than the second book of the series, and the last third was really excellent and difficult to put down. I felt like it bogged down a trifle around a quarter of the way in, but I kept going.
One thing that REALLY threw me for a loop was high-society Mr. Bennett telling his son that "we do not hang out with [their sort]." "Hanging out" is a very modern term, and even if it had been common in the day, it would be very out of character for a man of his sort to stoop to
Nicole
Dec 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Awesome! This book kept me guessing even after I just knew I had it all figured out. Definitely my favorite in the series, and a delightful close to the trilogy, this was a thoroughly engaging read. I look forward to reading more from this author.
Kristen
Oct 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked this one best of the three mercy falls.
Christina Hopp
Feb 08, 2018 rated it liked it
BlueJeansAndTeacups
Sep 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
REVIEW OF ALL 3 BOOKS IN SERIES

The Lightkeeper’s Daughter – A Mercy Falls Novel
Colleen Coble

•°o•:*:•.Historical Mystery Romance.•:*:• o°•

I really enjoyed this book. Apparently, the author is known more for mystery stories than historical fiction. Here she blends both beautifully. Addie and John’s romance is so pure and innocent from the very beginning. It progresses sweetly, even though it happens quickly. The faith element is equally sweet and pure through the eyes of Addie. The book has many
Kathy Filardo
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this last book in the series kept me up reading and trying to figure out who was the person behind all the attacks on Olivia and Harrison. As well as trying to see how Harrison's initial anger and disgust at the meddling of his father and his vow not to marry a Stewart would change once he fell in love with Olivia. I liked how the events played out, especially the surprise at the end. Sorry to see this series come to an end and would hope to read more in the future.
Arleen Szeliga
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read --

I read the reviews and thought it would be a good read. And, like some others, I too fell in love with the cover. Once I started reading the book I couldn't put it down -- I had to finish it as soon as I could. The Christian aspect of the book didn't come into play right away -- it happened later on in the book, and I almost felt that it was thrown in and not necessarily a part of the story. All in all, I loved the book. I do recommend it!
Tobborah
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
This was hard to finish. I enjoyed the first two books, the prose was not complex and sometimes stumbled over itself. This book felt rushed in its story telling and had a few too many near death experiences for the female MC. I just wasn’t as interested in what happens or the people this time around and it took me a while to finish.
Kathy Mizell
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who Did It

Olivia Stewart was a beautiful woman who was restless with her life. Her Father died, her sister was said to have committed suicide and she falls in love with her sisters fiance who was rumored to have something to do with her murder. You must read this book. You will not out it down.
Rosemarie
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The final novel in the trilogy, this book did NOT disappoint. With new characters as well as familiar ones in Mercy Falls, the plot twisted and turned in an enjoyable mystery that kept me guessing - and up reading into the wee hours on a work night -- to the very end! I wish there were more books in the series. A great read!
Sarah Hansel
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Knowing what it takes to write a book, I value the author's investment. I enjoyed the romantic mystery and when I thought the mystery was fading another twist was brought to light. I love her style of writing, the characters and all the little shoots of underlying stories.
Marianna
Feb 10, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book and found myself glued to it. However, I didn't realize that this was a Christian book and I don't appreciate religious preaching in my fiction books. The constant mention of God was annoying.
Julianna Crockett
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
👍🏻
Hannah Avery
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book!
Chere Weaver
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Last of three. I was lucky enough to find all three books in one so I went from one right into another. All three worth the read.
Laurie
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great summer read
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Nov 21, 2014 06:35AM
¿Por qué no una traducción al Español? 1 1 Oct 22, 2014 01:39PM
Translation into Spanish, why not? 1 1 Jul 01, 2014 06:57PM
  • The Inconvenient Marriage of Charlotte Beck (Women of the West, #3)
  • Fairer Than Morning (Saddler's Legacy, #1)
  • Surrender the Night (Surrender to Destiny, # 2)
  • A Cowboy's Touch (A Big Sky Romance, #1)
  • A Heart Most Worthy
  • Love on Assignment (Ladies of Summerhill, #2)
  • A Lady of Secret Devotion (Ladies of Liberty, #3)
  • Hidden Affections (Hearts Along the River, #3)
  • A Vision of Lucy (A Rocky Creek Romance, #3)
  • Within My Heart (Timber Ridge Reflections, #3)
  • Whirlwind (Only in Gooding, #3)
  • The Forgiven Duke (Forgotten Castles, #2)
  • Mine Is the Night (Here Burns My Candle, #2)
  • Beguiled
  • Beyond All Measure (Hickory Ridge, #1)
  • A Match of Wits (Ladies of Distinction, #4)
  • Words Spoken True
USAToday bestselling author Colleen Coble lives with her husband, Dave, in Indiana. She is the author of dozens of novels including the Rock Harbor Series, the Aloha Reef Series, the Mercy Falls Series, the Hope Beach Series, the Lonestar Series and two Women of Faith fiction selections, Alaska Twilight and Midnight Sea. She has more than 2 million books in print.
More about Colleen Coble

Mercy Falls (3 books)
  • The Lightkeeper's Daughter (Mercy Falls, #1)
  • The Lightkeeper's Bride (Mercy Falls, #2)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cowboy Bold (Longhorn Canyon, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Love Letter
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Provocative (White Lies Duet, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be