Start by marking “Jeu Dangereux (Riley Jenson, #4)” as Want to Read:
Jeu Dangereux (Riley Jenson, #4)

Jeu Dangereux (Riley Jenson Guardian #4)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  14,756 Ratings  ·  299 Reviews
Les nuits de Melbourne proposent des clubs adaptés aux désirs les plus profonds de chacun. Pour Riley Jenson, l'un de ces clubs est devenu une obsession car un tueur sadique se sert de l'endroit pour repérer ses prochaines victimes. Pour y entrer, Riley se lie d'amitié avec Jin, un barman au corps de rêve qui entraîne vite la jeune fille dans un tourbillon de danger et de ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published February 18th 2011 by Milady (first published March 27th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Jeu Dangereux, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jeu Dangereux

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
I am really enjoying this series. I like the fact that the back story has evolved and changed in this book, the 4th of the series. I find that I get bored with series that don't vary the story that links the individual books together.

In this series, as in most I read, I find that I am somewhat drawn to the villains--kind of like those you love to hate (of course the good guys too). I did not feel that way towards the villains in this book. Take Jin for instance. From the description on the jack
Maria
Oct 19, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It's hard to like a book when you don't really like the main character: Riley Jenson. All she seems to do (from the 1st book all the way through the 4th book - Dangerous Games) is complain, complain, and COMPLAIN about how she doesn't want to be a Guardian, and how she thinks her lover Quinn is too narrow-minded when he doesn't want her to have sex indiscrimmiantly. "Oh, boo-hoo, my boyfriend doens't want me to have sex with other men!" And the sex scenes are not even that good: there's no real ...more
Jun 12, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Riley and her brother Rhoan are investigating the murder of several women who have been killed in what appears to be a ritualistic manor. She may have fought against becoming a Guardian but now she has been forced into the role she is determined to do her job well. As their investigations lead them to a fetish club it is up to Riley to infiltrate the club and track down the murderer.

Dangerous Games is the fourth book in the Riley Jenson series and although this probably could be read first as th
Tilly Slaton
Ok. Hmm...

This book bored the everliving shit out of me. BORED ME! College classes, midterms, tests, homework ... All I wanted was something hot! Something sizzling .. something that would distract me from the apparently endless number of dense students that attend my college. But .. no.

When I found this author ...this series, I was excited! I lovelovelove Anita Blake and hot damn this series is similar and just flat-out does it for me. Unfortunately, every writer has his or her moment and Arthu
Ithlilian
Jan 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I was pleasantly surprised with the plot of this book. I absolutely love Gautier and I'm glad he had a part in this one, though I would have liked to see more of him. The demon summoning and god of darkness elements of the plot were interesting, the Riley's emotional vampire lover was entertaining. I really enjoy this series. Something about it just gets to me. So far I'm enjoying it more than Kim Harrison, Patricia Briggs, Charlaine Harris, Karen Chance, and all of the other popular ones out th ...more
Megan
Jul 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, own
Lorre
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, loved that there were new baddies in it for Riley to go after.
I never rooted for Quinn and Riley to be together, he's all wrong for her and I hope after what he did she's definitely done with him (I doubt it but I'm hoping). Not really team Kellen either... so I'm hoping someone new will win Riley's heart.
Amy A
Mar 16, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Riley jenson series is like brain candy. There's not too much extra thought processing that I need to do. There's really no deeper level than what is actually going on in the story as you're reading it (not that I can see anyway). I don't like all of my books this way but sometimes it's a nice departure. The fourth book in the series is no different.

After the events from the last book Tempting Evil I wasn't sure where our characters would be headed. The first three novels focused on Riley an
Shelley
Synopsis: In Melbourne’s urban underworld, there’s a nightclub for every fantasy and desire. But for Riley Jenson, one such club has become an obsession. Riley, a rare hybrid of vampire and werewolf, hasn’t come in pursuit of pleasure but of an unknown killer who’s been using the steamy nightspot as his hunting grounds.

Leave it to Riley to find the only ticket into the heavily guarded club: Jin, a deliciously hot-bodied bartender who might just provide the key to unmasking a killer unlike any ot
Miraphora
Eh vabé, prima o poi doveva capitare, tanto valeva prepararsi. Dopo i primi tre, il quarto mi ha delusa un pochino. Il problema è che non riesco a collocare per bene il cosa, di per sé, mi abbia lasciato l'amaro in bocca perché in fin dei conti tutto è in linea con i libri precedenti. Non cambia granché, anzi, forse la trama diventa un pò più complessa e questo è un aspetto positivo però, non so, il ritmo inziale è lento e la lettura non ingrana. Quindi mi sono trovata a metà libro arrancando a ...more
Shera (Book Whispers)
This is book 4 for those wondering. Because somehow I messed up and thought that this was book 3. With that said it picks up pretty easy from book 3, in fact I didn't even realize I had missed anything for pretty much the whole book . . . of course I kept wondering, "Did I forget how and when Riley became an official Guardian?" Which makes me wonder about book 3's importance to the series.

Moving on. This is Riley's first book where she is "officially" a Guardian, I love it. It show's off Riley's
PepperP0t
(4.5 Stars Really)
There's a new serial killer in town. The Cleaver is making life challenging for the guardians. Gautier has resurfaced and has challenged Rhoan & Riley to a deadly game to see who can capture The Cleaver first. This will settle in Gautier's mind who is the better guardian - at least that is the story he's sticking to for now.

Riley's psychic abilities have grown rapidly and are put to good use in this outing. This installment was more intense as Riley took a walk on the wild
Amber I. (AwesomeSauce Book Club)
Another action packed book. I love this series. Each book has something new. It follows from the last book but there is always some new life or death situation going on. And I really feel that Riley handles them well. I also love that each book has a satisfying ending, I of coarse want to read the next one but I am not left feeling unsatisfied. Its nice to read a book and not going crazy having to know what comes next. I actually get to take my time and enjoy each book. Each book so far can just ...more
Amber Ditullio
Mar 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Dangerous Games is book 4 in the Riley Jensen series. Now that Deshon Starr has been dealt with, it's time for Riley and the directorate to deal with the dangerous, and cloned, former Guardian, Gautier. While she's dealing with that, there's also a serial killer on the loose that has been dumping the bodies of young women at abandoned warehouses. The signature of this killer? A missing finger on each woman's hand.

As often happens in books of this type, the two quests actually become one. As Rile
Michelle
Mar 24, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: paranormal romance & mystery fans
Ah Riley, your character never fails to disappoint. Despite the reviews I'd read briefly online, I'm not totally won over by this book as a lot of other readers seem to be. Its by far not the best in the series, even if Riley getting the guts to say no to Quinn is the end result.

I wasn't thrilled with the bad guys in this book and I think the lack of development on their part shows that they as characters were mainly there only to facilitate Quinn's character background. This book felt more like
Bronwyn Rykiert
This is the 4th story in the Riley Jensen series, to me it was not as good as the earlier ones, something was lacking but it was still a good read.

Rhoan and Riley are following a new vampire, who they think is responsible for a series of recent murders and he leads them to Gautier, the rogue vampire who was once the best Guardian for the Directorate of Other Races. He gets away though.

Then Riley has a hot date with Quinn, the vampire, when a car follows them they stop to see who it is but the oc
Kirsty
Jun 17, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: keri-arthur
Again, I don't understand why Riley makes a good main character, all she does is complain. We get it, you don't want to be a guardian. Why not just embrace that, we all know that she's going to be the best guardian ever, in the end, because let's not forget; Riley is the best thing since sliced bread - according to everyone. Ever. Well, except Gautier, maybe.

I still find so many issues with this book, and again, they're in the same, reoccurring pool of issues that I have with this series.

The a
L-D
This was another good book in this series. Riley is officially a Guardian now and she is up against some nasty stuff. I'm not a big Quinn fan, so some of the things that Quinn does in this book make me very angry. I do like Kellen and while Riley seems to be giving them both a fair chance, her connection with Quinn is still stronger. By the end of the book, however, some things become just a bit unsettled. I hope that Riley makes a decision soon - I know that she is a wolf and I understand that ...more
Nada
Book 4 was good as well.
i noticed that this book has a lot less sex than privious three books did. But do not be afraid there is still sex, lots of talking about sex and lots of thinking about sex.
Sometimes I think that the main plot of this series is sex. Don't get mee wrong I love sex since in the books. But with this series I feel cheeted. Sex scenes are usually one paragraph long and that it. bam wam thank you mam. They are not well developed scenes or well played out. I hoped that it woul
Jesse
Jul 06, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
It took me a while to read this one. I didn't get into it at first as I normally do, but I was very distracted with my new manga and anime obsession, sot that had a lot to do with it. Once I got about halfway in everything really picked up intensity and I couldn't put it down. I really enjoyed this one. It was very suspensful and creepy! If this book were a movie it would be very Silence of the Lambs I think. The character Jin was scary and I don't think I could have gotten close to him like Ril ...more
Description:
Cassie
The beginning of this book is extremely slow. It's like this is book 1 of a series again. There was way too much self-reflection - I don't need constant reminders that Riley is on the road to being a "full-fledged guardian" but doesn't want to be. By this point, it's kind of moot. I think that this idea is one that can be shown, not told, after the many times the same sentence has been repeated.

I'm none too pleased with some of the happenings in this book, but hopefully they won't affect the re
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
I'm not sure how I feel about this one, I think it was a vast improvemnet over #3 in terms of storyline - we get to see more of Riley's developing talents and personal growth, learn more about Quinn, and are introduced to another facet of Arthurs supernatural world.
Some of the imagery in Dangerous Games is pretty skin crawlingly explicit, tipping into the horror genre for me. I think perhaps that is why I can't say it was a great read.
Still I'll keep at the series.
DaJa
Feb 17, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, fantasy
Gute 3 Sterne kann ich dem vierten Teil um Riley geben. Die anderen ddrei Teile sind bei mir schon lange her gewesen und am Anfang habe ich ein bisschen gebraucht um rein zu kommen und zu wissen wer wer ist. Ach Quinn und Kellan sind mir dann irgenwie doch wieder in den Sinn gekommen.
Ab der Mitte wurde es dann richtig spannend. Aber ich glaube den nächsten Teil, falls es einen gibt, muss ich nicht unbedingt lesen.

Carolyn F.
Reread by audiobook. I also own the paperback.

I still think Quinn was manipulative, nothing really changed in my opinion of this book.

Original review on 04/26/10 Another great book by Keri Arthur. I'm getting really tired of Quinn though. Will he just make up his mind about what he wants? Drives me crazy. Which overall is good for the storyline. Would recommend this series and this book.
It's Me - Yvette
These books keep getting better. Riley is growing in her abilities and is so brave as she faces the truly evil. Although she is often scared, she always faces the challenge. Can't wait to see who she'll end up with. Right now, I'm on Team Quinn. But, I admit I haven't given Kellan - an alpha - a fair chance. Looking forward to the next book.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I like when an author has 3 books one right after another, month after month. How cool is this? Jin is pretty hot. This new one is interesting as it isn't all about Riley anymore. It's about her job. I liked one where it's always drama in a person's personal life. This was kind of twisted with these nasty magics.
Kelly
This was an interesting edition in the Riley Jenson series. The Directorate isn't looking for labs or lab created monsters, but Gautier is still on the loose. There are a lot of shockers in this book that I wasn't expecting. I'm now really looking forward to the next book in the series to see how the shocks from this book work out.
Krista ~Fhatal Attrhaction~
Well I keep thinking this series cant get any better but im proving wrong yet again! This book was awesome! Ive read alot of vampire and werwolf books but this one is so different has so many different elements to it! Im absolutly loving this series!
2015 Reading Chal...: Dangerous Games by Keri Arthur 1 7 Apr 02, 2015 09:09AM
  • Pure Blood (Nocturne City, #2)
  • Leader of the Pack (Tales of an Urban Werewolf, #3)
  • One More Bite (Jaz Parks, #5)
  • Embrace the Night (Cassandra Palmer, #3)
  • Kitty Takes a Holiday (Kitty Norville, #3)
  • Ashes to Ashes (Blood Ties, #3)
  • Deep Dark Secret (Secret McQueen, #3)
  • Dayhunter (Dark Days, #2)
  • Rogue (Shifters, #2)
  • Legacy (Anna Strong Chronicles, #4)
  • Blood Lines (World of the Lupi, #3)
  • Demon Mistress (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #6)
  • In the Blood (The Maker's Song, #2)
  • Wolf at the Door (The Others, #9)
Keri Arthur, author of the New York Times bestselling Riley Jenson, Guardian series, has now written more than 25 books. She's received several nominations in the Best Contemporary Paranormal category of the Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Awards, and recently won RT's Career Achievement Award for urban fantasy. She lives in Melbourne with her daughter and two crazy dogs
More about Keri Arthur...

Riley Jenson Guardian (9 books)
  • Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian #1)
  • Kissing Sin (Riley Jenson Guardian #2)
  • Tempting Evil (Riley Jenson Guardian #3)
  • Embraced by Darkness (Riley Jenson Guardian #5)
  • The Darkest Kiss (Riley Jenson Guardian #6)
  • Deadly Desire (Riley Jenson Guardian #7)
  • Bound to Shadows (Riley Jenson Guardian #8)
  • Moon Sworn (Riley Jenson Guardian, #9)