Start by marking “Divorzio all'islamica a viale Marconi” as Want to Read:
Divorzio all'islamica a viale Marconi

Divorzio all'islamica a viale Marconi

3.54  ·  Rating details ·  372 Ratings  ·  57 Reviews
I servizi segreti italiani ricevono un’informativa: un gruppo di immigrati musulmani, che opera a Roma nella zona di viale Marconi, sta preparando un attentato. Per scoprire chi siano i componenti della cellula viene infiltrato Christian Mazzari, un giovane siciliano che parla perfettamente l’arabo.
Christian inizia la sua indagine sotto copertura: per gli abitanti del qua
Paperback, Dal mondo, 188 pages
Published September 29th 2010 by e/o

To ask other readers questions about Divorzio all'islamica a viale Marconi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Divorzio all'islamica a viale Marconi

Orsodimondo
Nov 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: italiana, algeria
AMARA LAKHOUS NON LASCIA, RADDOPPIA!
Amara Lakhous è tornato, e vince la sfida: il secondo romanzo è sicuramente all'altezza del primo, e per certi aspetti persino superiore.
Certo, è dura fare senza gli ululati di Amedeo, ma l'umanità di viale Marconi conquista immediatamente, e anche i personaggi più discutibili si rivelano ricchi di sfumature.
Il punto di vista femminile, quando Sofia parla e racconta, è delizioso e illuminante, raro da trovare nelle pagine di uno scrittore.
Comincia l'attesa p
Judy

The challenge, as well as the potential delight, in reading novels originally written in another language than one's own, is becoming accustomed to the flow of that language and its relation to the customs of the country of origin. Especially, if like myself, the reader speaks and reads only English, a translation must bridge differences in culture, quirks of conversational habits, viewpoints about gender, work, money, and even romance. Amara Lakhous was born in Algeria, speaks fluent Arabic, bu
Elena
Aug 15, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Naturally, as I am Italian, I read this novel in Italian, the language in which it was originally written. I am pleasantly surprised to find out that it was also translated into English. The author, Amara Lakhous, is rapidly becoming an object of great interest to me. Born in Algiers, he graduated there in Philosophy and then, after moving to Italy, got a PhD in cultural anthropology at La Sapienza University in Rome. Being someone who has a realtively long experience in living abroad and is als ...more
Luaunna
May 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining, well written, page turner, funny, I enjoyed this read very much. It covers alot in a only 184 pages. Set in Italy, amongst the immigrant population, it offers the reader a glimpse of what it is like to be an immigrant in a foreign country and one who was born or came at a young age and you may be treated differentley or not. It clear and easy to read, little reminders of who people are. The storyline is certainly believable, I closed this book with a smile on my face.
Kate
Feb 17, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Political satire that was very well done. Like his other books, I love the illustrated characters on the cover. The characters again are very believable and there are several little plots going on at once to keep you busy. There is a twist at the end, but it left me with questions, so I had to downgrade my rating a bit. I think this author does a great job with touchy subjects using humor and politics. I also learned a few new things.
Nicole Cunningham
a silly, light read i really enjoyed. really a lot of fun.
Rambling Reader
really enjoying books published by Europa Editions
Jolie Mckay
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed every moment of this book...until the ending. Did he intend to leave it that way or did he write himself into a corner? Worth reading, even if it left me wanting.
Amy

I have to constantly remind myself that I’m Tunisian, and this neighborhood is full of Egyptians. Many people don’t know that there are rivalries among the Arabs. For example, it’s not smooth sailing between Syrians and Lebanese, between Iraqis and Kuwaitis, between Saudis and Yemenis, and so on and so on. It’s why they can’t come up with a plan for unity, in spite of common history, geography, Arabic, Islam, and oil. The model of the European Union will have to wait!

In the superb novel Divorce
Margaret
An interesting look within an immigrant community in Europe, set in 2005 when the fear of another attack in Europe was especially intense. The Muslim immigrant community of the Viale Marconi in Rome is suspected to be harboring a bombing plot, and Christian (aka Issa) is recruited by the Italian intelligence service to uncover the plotters.

I found the portions narrated by Safia, an immigrant from Egypt, to be a great addition to the overall narrative and provided a different point of view in th
  • Via delle Oche
  • La monaca
  • Cecilia
  • The Homecoming Party
  • Sex Lives of the Popes
  • Persecution (The Friendly Fire of Memories, #1)
  • A sombra do que fomos
  • L'étonnante aventure de la mission Barsac
  • Bu Bu Jing Xin/步步惊心
  • Les Quatre vies du saule
  • From the Land of the Moon
عمارة لخوص روائي جزائري مقيم في إيطاليا يكتب باللغتين العربية والايطالية. من أعماله «البق والقرصان»، التي ترجمت إلى الايطالية، و»كيف ترضع من الذئبة دون أن تعضك»، التي أعاد كتابتها بالايطالية وحولت إلى فيلم سينمائي. حاز على جائزة فلايانو الأدبية الدولية وجائزة المكتبيين الجزائريين

Other profile: عمارة لخوص

Amara Lakhous was born in Algiers in 1970. He has a degree in philosophy from the University of
More about Amara Lakhous...