Start by marking “The Secret Prince (Knightley Academy, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Secret Prince (Knightley Academy, #2)

The Secret Prince

(Knightley Academy #2)

Knightley Academy is back in session, and Henry Grim is confident that nothing else can prevent him from earning his knighthood. But Henry and his friends quickly discover that their professors have made some troubling changes to the curriculum—and there’s an old classroom filled with forgotten weapons. It is the discovery of this classroom that prompts Henry and Valmont t

Published June 28th 2011 by Aladdin (first published June 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Secret Prince, please sign up.

Jibran
Dec 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I dislike how people consistently compare alike works such as this series and others to Harry Potter. In my opinion the stories may be initially similar, but the individual works themselves are not. Being relatively familiar with both the HP series and this one, I'd prefer the latter in terms of recommendation. There is a simplicity to the writing style which appeases me significantly more then the works of JK Rowling. Furthermore, the sad underlying theme of inevitability and growin ...more
Sarah Wallace
Feb 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
A very good sequel to a very good book! I really liked Ms. Haberdasher's debut novel and was very excited to get my hands on this sequel and it didn't disappoint. More fun, exciting, and page-turning adventures and misadventures for Henry and his friends at Knightley Academy. I liked the way the ending turned out as well. I can't wait for the next installment!

Now, I just want to add my two cents in to the whole Harry Potter comparison nonsense. The Harry Potter series happens to fit very neatly
Bonnie (A Backwards Story)
Yesterday, I reviewed KNIGHTLEY ACADEMY, the first in a trilogy. The second book, THE SECRET PRINCE, is even better than the first. If yesterday’s review didn’t convince you to read this series, hopefully this one will. I’ll do my best to write this review without any spoilers so that newcomers to the series (or even just this volume) will still be surprised.

What I already love about the KNIGHTLEY ACADEMY books is the way they’re evolving in a fashion similar to HARRY POTTER. Those books grew up
Liz
Jun 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
The first few chapters reminded me a lot of the Harry Potter books, but then it spun into its own wonderful story. There are some really great and solid characters as well as unforeseen twists and turns. One involving Henry and Adam pretending to be servant boys and taking a train into Nordland to spy at the Partisan School.

I enjoyed the story quite well. A lot of it is Henry discovering new things that will lead up to a possible conflict between Nordland and the Britonian Isles. This includes f
Mhl
Jul 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good book ... pretty much only because it basically copied Harry Potter. For instance, the main character, Henry (some people mistakenly call him "Harry" ... hmmm, wonder where they got that idea) forms a secret defense association, involving many more members than he initially expected, which helps boost the spirits of all those involved. Sound like the D. A. (from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)? Yeah, because it is. Or how about Lord Havelock, a tall, sinister, creepy-lo ...more
Eric
I feel bad for Miss Haberdasher AKA Robyn Schneider, she's trying to tell us something and some people just aren't getting it. I fought with my 4 stars with this one because I did seriously enjoy this book yet by the end it felt like such a setup for the next part it turned me off a bit. That's not to say I am no longer a fan, it's just that I wanted so bad to not have that "continuation of a series" taste in my mouth as I got to those last pages.

Speaking of pages I actually had to turn them th
Michele
May 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyable book! One way I judge just how much I like a book is how jittery I get while waiting for a time to be able to read the book. This book definitely made me impatient to keep reading it!

This second book of the Knightley Academy series continues the story of Henry Grim, who is now slightly less out of place at a prestigious boarding school in a alternative late Victorian style Britain on the brink of war with their mysterious neighbors to the north. The boys at the school are nervou
Emma
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this series! When is book 3 coming out?
Rhiannon Ryder
Oct 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
You may recall, in my review of the first Knightly Academy book, that I liked it but was sort of put off by the endless Harry Potter similarities. You may even recall that I said of book two:
"What I would truly like to see in the next books is for Violet/Robyn to pull away from the Harry Potter story arc and build her own non-referencing world. Honestly, no story which mimics Harry Potter will end up coming out well in the comparison so I wouldn't recommend it."
Well, past me, there is still a h
Anam Ali
Mar 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Well obviously it was too much to carry on with a brown character as a member of the "hero's" troupe so of course Rohan was scraped, made into a cowardly snob, and sent to the sidelines. And to think I'd been so happy to finally have found a book that had a POC in the leading trio!

Disappointment abounds.

The Secret Prince was like I was reading a re-hash of The Order of the Phoenix set in a steampunk England with a touch of The Diary of Anne Frank. Of course Henry is a prince. I only wished that
Ally
Jul 08, 2011 rated it it was ok
I will start off by saying the book is entertaining. It is a quick read and a fun story. However, the similarities to Harry Potter are ridiculous. Absolutely maddening at times. A group of three misfits with a leader named Henry (seriously?) who attend a boarding school. A teacher who does not like them and they think he is against them but really he is on their side. The formation of a secret battle society for a war no one believes is coming; the meetings for this are held in a hidden room tha ...more
Megan
Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! That was awesome. I am dying to find out what happens next!
The characters developed so well, and the relationships between them changed so much! I love how, not only do they bleed the good side of a bad character through, but they also show the bad side of a good one. It really makes the story interesting, and keeps you guessing. And boy was I guessing. I kind of saw what was revealed at the end, but, at the same time, I really didn't. The next book was set up bea
Amy
Mar 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: excellent-sequel
For a more in-depth review, and other reviews check out http://vivaladolcevita14.blogspot.com/

This is a FANTASTIC sequel! Holy crap it blew my mind! Especially that once scene in a library, my eyes just went O.O. The story is so well written, expanding on the world that was created, the characters were also well developed, even though I thought Rohan kind of became a butthead. Valmont shocked me in so many ways, all of them wonderful.

If you're a fan of Knightley Academy, and are also a Nerdfigh
Amanda
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My only criticism: there's no third book!!!!!!!!

Hilariously charming, these characters captured my heart! A must-read for adventure fans, especially of Harry Potter and/or Ranger's Apprentice!

Ms. Haberdasher, I need closure on the friendships/relationships! As it is, I'm going to have to write my own epilogue, and I know it could never be as good as yours!!!!
At the very least, I need to know whether or not any main characters die in the upcoming rebellion and/or war!!!!!
Lula McCuela
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really like these books. The world that Knightley Academy is set in is realistic, if a bit hard to understand sometimes. That characters are wonderful, but of course, my favorite character is Henry. The plot was just as exciting as the previous book, if it started out a bit slow. There needs to be a third book, but I haven't seen anything about it, and I'm loathe to think these books are finished.
Justine W.
Oct 04, 2012 rated it liked it
I thought this book was okay.
It was basically a copy of Harry Potter. Many of the characters where like those in Harry Potter and so was plot line. i think the ending is were it began to differ. if it wasn't for the ending, I probably would have rated the book 2 stars but the ending was really interesting .
But that's just my opinion
Mar 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So so so good! I wish I could blog about it because this book was amazing. It made want to always have this world of Knightley to pretend in. Haberdasher is a true visionary and I am literally dying for the third installment.
Ruth Day
Apr 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was brilliant. I loved the first one, but this one went to a whole new, deeper, darker place. I'll probably do a video review of this one and the first one together.
Alexaa Garmadon
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had so much fun reading the first one, and this one was even better! It's sad to think there is most likely not going to be another book? There was so much of the world I was excited to find out about but... Well. One can always daydream!
Arden
May 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I wish there was a third one. The end just made me sad ish.
Bayla
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
The age of chivalry, war, thinly veiled communist threat/shades if the French Revolution. School story, friends, dangerous adventure
hpboy13
Sep 24, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-i-own
In The Secret Prince, the author veers from an enjoyable homage to Harry Potter in the first book to an absolute carbon copy. This book is virtually identical to Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. School won’t teach the students how to fight despite a looming danger to them out in the real world, so the students take matters into their own hands, under the leadership of the uncommonly skilled protagonist.

So many of the story beats were taken from Order of the Phoenix, I felt I might as w
Elevetha
Aug 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Pretty much anyone
3 1\2 stars. The sequel to "Knightley Academy." Still charming and full of schoolboys, mostly Henry, running around trying to prevent a war and still retain good grades. Frankie is up to her usual shenanigans in losing her chaperone and playing cards with the boys. Valmont and Henry form an alliance of sorts and start training most of the other boys in fighting to help prepare them if war should occur. When an envoy is sent to the Nordlands and Henry and Adam pose as servants so they can come al ...more
Krys
So, after reading and nearly loving Knightley Academy by Violet Haberdasher I read the sequel The Secret Prince... and I did not love it as much. It was good, parts of it I absolutely reveled in. However, it's not as great as the first book.

Henry and co. at Knightley are concerned about the Partisan school. When Henry was there months earlier he discovered a secret, illegal combat room. Worried that the Nordlandic students are planning a war the students at Knightley form a secret battle society
Arminzerella
Jocelyn Montalvo Cullum
Feb 11, 2017 marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Aspen Junge
Feb 25, 2012 rated it liked it
I think this series may improve by being read back to back. I read the first one when it came out, and now the second over a year later. It took me a while to remember who the characters were and what their conflicts were. The author did not do a poor job of reintroducing them, it's just that without having revisited the world in over a year the details were fuzzy.

Our intrepid heroes are still trying to figure out whether the traditional enemy to the north (an alternate-world Scotland) are going
Charles
Feb 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Hello crazies and fellow booklovers throughout I am back with another review. This time like last the book to be reviewed is a part of a trilogy. The second installment in the Knightley Academy series, The Secret Prince by Violet Haberdasher. This novel was astounding, fast pace read great for the summer time reads. The characters have continue physically, mentally and emotionally growing into chivalrous young men in this elaborate world created by the author, which is alternate reality of our o ...more
Crystal
May 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
I didn't really like this book. There was some rude humor, and the main protagonist, Henry, acted like he was about 13 and "Frankie" acted like she was 11 or 12. Someone ought to tell her that running away won't solve her problems. The way Henry acted sometimes was annoying, like when he asked his friend to do something dangerous and his friend said no, because he was more responsible. Henry acted like he was insulted and that his friend wasn't a real friend. Seriously? His friend didn't want to ...more
Sara
Dude. No idea why I read this, since the first book annoyed me so much. It's still a little too convenient at times, but so much better than Knightley Academy. I strongly suspect that these were sold as a two-book deal in which the publishers really wanted Secret Prince and didn't really care about Knightley Academy, but needed the first to set up the second.
I also think Secret Prince bridges the gap between middle reader and YA very nicely. (Especially in the context of the first book, I still
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Black Stars (The Planet Thieves, #2)
  • The Princess of Cortova (The Silver Bowl, #3)
  • Bitterroot Crossing
  • The Lost Compass (The Fog Diver, #2)
  • Dragon Bonds (Return of the Darkening, #3)
  • The Princess of Trelian (Trelian, #2)
  • A Royal Birthday: A False Princess Short Story
  • No Place Like Holmes (No Place Like Holmes, #1)
  • The Time-Traveling Fashionista and Cleopatra, Queen of the Nile
  • A Stolen Crown (The Book of One, #2)
  • Queen of the Dead (The Undertakers, #2)
  • A Tale of Two Proms (Bard Academy, #4)
  • Control (Shift, #2)
  • Sword of Ruyn (Legends of Gilia #1)
  • Much Ado About Grubstake
  • The Storm Dragon's Heart (Storm Phase #1)
  • The Apprentice (A Knight's Journey, #1)
  • Daisy and the Front Man (Backstage Pass, #3)
Author of "Knightley Academy" and 'The Secret Prince" (Knightley Academy #2). Pseudonym of Videoblogger Robyn Schneider.

Knightley Academy (2 books)
  • Knightley Academy (Knightley Academy, #1)
“It is a good man who stands up for his friends, but an honorable man who stands up for his enemies.” 68 likes
“For under scrutiny you will find that even an open book can have a surprise scribbled in its margins.” 39 likes