Start by marking “Hades (Halo, #2)” as Want to Read:

Hades

(Halo #2)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  31,166 ratings  ·  1,595 reviews
Heaven Help Her.

Bethany Church is an angel sent to Earth to keep dark forces at bay. Falling in love was never part of her mission, but the bond between Beth and her mortal boyfriend, Xavier Woods, is undeniably strong. But even Xavier’s love, and the care of her archangel siblings, Gabriel and Ivy, can’t keep Beth from being tricked into a motorcycle ride that ends up in
Hardcover, First Edition, 425 pages
Published August 30th 2011 by Feiwel & Friends (first published August 21st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Hades, please sign up.
Tarra All of it is shite, don't waste your time...
Emily I thought that Hades was better than Halo, but still not great. If you're looking for good literature, you'll be disappointed, but I read it after fin…moreI thought that Hades was better than Halo, but still not great. If you're looking for good literature, you'll be disappointed, but I read it after finals week when my brain was burnt out and I didn't feel like thinking about anything and it was alright under those circumstances. There are some really cringe-worthy sentences though, just like in Halo. And yes there's a cliff-hanger.(less)
City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareForever by Maggie StiefvaterSilence by Becca FitzpatrickPassion by Lauren Kate
YA Novels of 2011
1,156 books — 7,130 voters
City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareForever by Maggie StiefvaterClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareDead Reckoning by Charlaine HarrisSilence by Becca Fitzpatrick
Can't Wait Books For 2011
1,217 books — 6,823 voters

More lists with this book...

·  31,166 ratings  ·  1,595 reviews

Start your review of Hades (Halo, #2)
Cait
Apr 11, 2011 rated it did not like it
I'm going to start of this review with.....

Story time!

Warning: do not try this at home. You may or may not get injured and some very severe scolding will follow. I also begrudgingly give this book 1.5 stars as a rating.

One day, when I was about 8 or so, my family and I made our yearly trip up to Mackinac Island, Michigan. This island is different in the way that no cars or any kind of automobiles whatsoever are allowed, so everyone rides on their bikes around the 1 1/2 mile island in order
John Egbert
Aug 22, 2011 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: *starts to cry* I-I wouldn't recommend this book to the person that SLAUGHTERED MY FAMILY
Recommended to John by: ...this was my own fault...
Before reading Hades

How can you trick someone into getting on a motorcycle? Either they get on, or they don't get on. Motorcycles aren't like cars. And what does angel Bethany want with a motorcycle anyway? SHE CAN FLY. Or, I'm assuming she can. Who knows, maybe Halo angels are just so lame they can't even use their wings to fly. *shudders from pure lameness*

Perhaps the conversation went something like this:

Jake: Hey Bethany. Why don't you get in my van on my motorcycle? I'll give you a lift...
B
Rebecca
Jun 18, 2011 rated it liked it
Oh come on girls it is a book about romance and that is why we buy them. If you want to good read, non-fiction is the way to go. Stop complaining about how the writer did this or didn't do that. You brought these books because it is a girl meets boy with a bit of action with it end of story.
Dinjolina
*Goes around whistling*

Wait!
What?

HADES?????!!!!
Do you know what Hades is?

Let me wikipedia you:

Hades (English pronunciation: /ˈheɪdiːz/; from Greek ᾍδης (older form Ἀϝίδης}, Hadēs, originally Ἅιδης, Haidēs or Άΐδης, Aidēs (Doric Ἀΐδας Aidas), meaning "the unseen"[1]) refers both to the ancient Greek underworld, the abode of Hades, and to the god of the underworld.

So.What does it have to do with Christianity?
The previous book was an insult to believers all over the world for sure, because we read
Sadia
So I wonder if I've ever told you people how much I love making lists. Yep. I spend hours on my things to do and other random lists.

Here's one I'm sharing with you.

Things I'd probably do while trying to read HADES

Leaf through the pagesdescription
Endure description
Shake head in disbelief description
Raise my blood pressure description
Grind my molars to dust description
Be stupefied beyond belief description
Kill my brain cells description
Go to sleep description
Watch tv description
Read another book description
Laugh hysterically description
Scream in my pillow description
Have a good time
Enjoy reading

Now that almost all of the
Katya
Aug 01, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: the-ya-project, 2011
I... I ah... I can't even... What am I supposed to say here? This is just one of these books you knew, going into it, that you were never going to like it, and yet, after you finish it, you remain with a sour taste in your mouth.

Of course, that begs the question as to why I bothered reading it in the first place (in fact, I expect that question soon), and I will adress it... later on. Let me tell you, pure masochism has little to do with it.

On the positive side, Hades is better than its predece
Cassandra
Mar 18, 2011 rated it did not like it
WHAT!? She is tricked in riding a motorcycle? How?

I am sorry, but it ticks me off how stupid and childish she made what's-her-face. I understand she is a angel just "born", but seriously? Can you at least make her a little bad ass? I like bad ass heriones. Not the little crying whinny girls. I understand that there are moments where that it is called for, but through out the whole series of books?

What the hell are you thinking Andornetto? Why don't you grow up a bit before publishing what you
Torzilla
Mar 23, 2011 marked it as to-read
Wishing people would stop rating books before they become available.

Also, mildly interested in reading about the potential train wreck... how do you get tricked into a motorcycle ride? Roofies?
Haleema
Mar 18, 2012 added it
Shelves: shitfest
Okay, what in the world is this cover about?

Is that Bethany on a motorcycle?

description

The absurdity... it burns.

Oh, well. It's a good think she's not an angel or that would have been really stupid. Phew!
hayden
Sep 05, 2010 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: fans of Halo (Hades is definitely better); Twilight; Hush, Hush; Evermore; and Fallen
Recommended to hayden by: haters
Dear World,
Please do not question my sanity. I promise I have not lost it. I am reading this for the freaking lulz AND THAT'S IT.
Sincerely, Me.

While I'm writing my review, you may entertain yourselves by reading my 46 status updates below. Thank you, come again.

Also, notice the addition of three stars. That means my review is coming
REAL SOON, I promise!

Review: 1.5 stars
First impressions are deceiving.
I have fourteen years’ worth of anecdotal proof that this theory is true, but the one examp
Katie(babs)
Mar 16, 2011 rated it did not like it
Hades by Alexandra Adornetto is the sequel to Halo that’s riding the angel train for all its worth. Although I felt Halo was lacking in so many ways, there was some enjoyable moments to it that made me want to pick up Hades. What a big mistake on my end. I feel the only reason Alexandra got published is because of her age. Publishing is giddy when they can find authors under a certain age. They must think they’re sensations, much like pop singers, if the author who’s not of legal age writes a bo ...more
Mark
Feb 03, 2011 marked it as to-read
I don't think people should give a book stars before it comes out.
Taneika
Nov 21, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: aussie-ya
More of my reviews can be found at Flipping Through the Pages!

Let me begin by saying that this book will be given 1.5 stars instead of 1. The only reason for this is the fact that whilst I still hated it with a passion, stuff happened (not necessarily a plot), but things apart from "I love Xavier's hair" happened.

I don't even know where to start. There is a countless number of contradictions and inconsistencies in this instalment... The first one I noticed occured in the first three pages...
"It
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
Is this the adolescent girl version of The Stupidest Angel?
Nasty Lady MJ

To See full review with pictures, videos, and Colonel Sanders click here: http://yalbookbriefs.blogspot.com/201...

This piece of sanctimonious shit doesn't even deserve a star.

Let's start off by being nice. Because it's always good to be nice right? Unlike Halo. Hades actually had a plot. Sort of. Things actually happen in Hades. Grant it, the plot is still pretty flimsy but it's there.

Okay, now that's the only good thing I have to say about this piece of shit. I have read a lot of awful books i
Laurel
Bethany Church, the perfect little angel from Halo, has forced me to create a new shelf, called “WHO LET YOU BE HEROINE?

Because really, Bethany, who in their right mind would let someone like you be the heroine of their book. Answer: people who have some vendetta against interesting, flawed, and actually likable characters.

Hades sets off on a journey six months after the events of Halo with Xavier and Bethany being murdly in lurve and such. Haha, I’m saying events like something actually happen
Mel
Jun 20, 2011 marked it as to-read-for-the-lulz
The cover certainly looks better than the original awkwardly coloured one, but you know what they say. Polish a turd... it's still a turd.
Kat
Jun 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Ok, this book was wayyy better than Halo. For all you guys who wonder how she got tricked into riding a bicycle, here's a reality check: Jake's a demon. He can do whatever the hell (pun intended) he wants. (view spoiler)
Hades had a LOT more action than Halo, so it went by much faster. I think this book
Melissa
Jul 08, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: don-t-read
Arrggh! What do I write about this book? Being a religious person it was so hard to read about a heaven and a hell that are so completely not what I believe. I am so glad that this world does not exist and is only trapped in this story. The violence in this book and the references to sex and a couple of almost rape scene had my reeling. In one breath you are reading about God and his goodness and the next about a demon orgee!!! The love story is soooo sappy and over the top,but it does fit in wi ...more
Nishtha
Sep 24, 2011 rated it it was ok
2 stars,
Book was entertaining, in all kinda of wrong ways. It was so bad that couldn't put it down.

So predictable, I mean my little cousins would even figure out the ending.

The amount of cliché's used in this book is amazing. Just imagine all the clichés in the world were copy-pasted into this book.

2 stars, for making me laugh you silly book.
Linna
Apr 04, 2011 marked it as curious-about
Shelves: paranormal
I feel kind of bad for lol'ing at the cover...
AMASHI
Hades is better than Halo.I honestly feel sad about Jake, he wanted to be loved and he chose the wrong person. I'm glad the way things ended :)
Elle!
Disclaimer : Rant Rating Level. Off the freaking Charts. Cursing involved. I tried to keep it informative as well. Not working like he misspelled poster below. Yes I know it spelled wrong.

[image error]Hades_zps2ebcde13

First Sentence: When the final bell sounded at Bryce Hamiliton , Xavier and I gathered our things and headed out onto the south lawn.

Of course you and Xavier headed to the south lawn. You're freaking Gorilla Glued together.

Summary: Bethany Church is tricked and kidnapped by the evil Jake Thorn and
Turquoise
I live in Hong Kong, and in Hong Kong the first language is Cantonese (quite similar to Chinese). So the English translated books are not sufficient in most bookstores.

Anyways, I went to one in Koon Tong today and I went to the world literature section, where the Chinese translations usually were, and I saw this.

Hades

The Savage Grace

In case you didn't catch the title, they were Hades (Halo #2) and The Savage Grace (The Dark Divine #3). The English translations of their names were Satan's Hostage (Spy Angel #2) and B
Thibaut Nicodème
Jan 31, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: snark, dnf
DNF at 12%. You can find my detailed analysis on my blog, the Snark Theater (part 1part 2)

Well, on the plus side, there's an actual plot in this one. Potentially, at least.

On the minus side, the author is officially out to set feminism back…to nonexistence. And then some.

You win some, you lose some? Except in this case we don't win at all.
Cheese
I can't believe I'm actually thinking about reading this. Maybe just for the lulz. The Halo review was ever so much fun.

I want to know how the hell the first one made enough money for them to think that there should be a sequel.

WHY???

K
Jul 15, 2013 rated it did not like it
I don't know how else to explain my feelings about this book except with a story, so here goes. One time, a friend of mine was walking down the street and spotted a cherry. Now she, being the retard that she is, decided that she would kick that cherry. So she ran up to it (and i mean ran) and kicked. Problem is, instead of hitting the cherry, she hit the asphalt, which propelled her forward face first in to the ground. Now, me being the horrible friend that i am, laughed my ass off. Eventually s ...more
❀ Sabina
What I find a miss was the characterbuilding of the bad guy. Even though being a demon and all, sometimes we see a part of developing some kindness and now at the end I’m wondering if it was all manipulation from his part. Scrap that, it was well done now in afterthought.

Almost at the end I wondered why there is a part three of the series – except for trilogies being the norm nowadays – but that was well introduced in the epilogue. However, I don’t feel the need to pick up part three anyway time
Tarra
0 stars

Anyone observing me as I read this rubbish would have assumed me to be epileptic or otherwise ill with the way my eyes were constantly rolling around while I allowed my head to fall and loll around my neck in pure exasperation. Maybe they would assume I had respiration problems with the way I sighed so heavily my entire body shook and shuddered. Or maybe that I was a straight up lunatic. Hands half curled into claws shaking intently at the empty air in front of me, face frozen in a silent
Chelsea
Sep 18, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-star
“'Are you okay, Huggie Bear?' I asked, protectively reaching up to fix his hair. I didn’t like it when his friends played rough.”

Honestly, you don’t even need to read this review. That quote is all you need to know the laughable stupidity of this series. The book is a treasure trove of quotes with ridiculous things like that. As you may have determined from that quote, our main character is an absolute IDIOT. Possibly the dumbest of protagonists I have ever read, and that’s saying a lot.

I would
Who do you think Beth should date, Xavier Woods or Jake Thorn 16 51 Mar 05, 2017 11:13AM
sorry, but HADES SUCKS 72 135 Feb 05, 2017 04:14PM
O-O**FOR TWILIGHT AND HALO FANS* Who's the better fictional character, Bethany or Bella? B v. B--In the books not the movie!! 7 42 Aug 21, 2014 04:23PM
Why didn't Bethany just jump off? 9 51 Sep 15, 2013 10:43AM
Is anyone else a little disappointed?? 12 48 Sep 03, 2013 12:05PM
Hades by Alexandra Adornetto 6 27 Oct 03, 2012 01:40PM
wHICH ONE IS HAWT N YYY 3 22 Oct 03, 2012 01:31PM

• Angel Fire (Angel, #2)
  • Passion (Fallen, #3)
  • Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2)
  • Angel (Angel, #1)
  • Aerie and Reckoning (The Fallen, #3-4)
  • Rapture (Fallen, #4)
  • Afterlife (Evernight, #4)
  • Torment (Fallen, #2)
  • Hourglass (Evernight, #3)
  • Finale (Hush, Hush, #4)
  • Silence (Hush, Hush, #3)
  • Boundless (Unearthly, #3)
  • Fallen (Fallen, #1)
  • Hallowed (Unearthly, #2)
  • Fallen in Love (Fallen, #3.5)
  • Balthazar (Evernight, #5)
  • Spellcaster (Spellbound, #2)
  • Stargazer (Evernight, #2)
Alexandra Emily Adornetto was born on the 18th of April 1992 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. She is the only child of an English Teacher and a Drama Teacher and attended, in her own words, "many" schools including MacRobertson Girls' High School, Ruyton Girls' School and Eltham College. She has loved stories for as long as she can remember. In 2006, she won the State Legacy Public Speaking comp ...more

Halo (3 books)
  • Halo (Halo, #1)
  • Heaven (Halo, #3)

News & Interviews

“I hope the two of you will descend from your love bubble long enough to learn something today," he sniped cuttingly and the other kids snickered. Embarrassed, I ducked my head to avoid eye contact with them.
"It's all right, sir," Xavier replied. "The bubble's been engineered to allow us to learn from within it.”
44 likes
“A body is merely a vehicle. The deepest emotions are experienced through the soul.” 39 likes