Start by marking “Storm's Heart (Elder Races, #2)” as Want to Read:
Storm's Heart (Elder Races, #2)

Storm's Heart

(Elder Races #2)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  15,314 Ratings  ·  1,060 Reviews
He's a Wyr warrior, a god of storms. She's the heir to the Dark Fae throne. But desire will bring both to their knees in this all-new Novel of the Elder Races.

During the rule of her murderous Dark Fae uncle, Thistle "Tricks" Periwinkle found sanctuary among the Wyr in New York. Her ethereal beauty and sparkling personality won the hearts of the public, but after her uncle'
Mass Market Paperback, 305 pages
Published August 2nd 2011 by Berkley Sensation (first published August 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Storm's Heart, please sign up.
أجمل زهرة If you didn't read the first book, you will miss an amazing book.
This series deserves to read in order.

XxTainaxX
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
I picked up the vibes between Niniane and Tiago in book one and was happy to see it catch. Tiago is a warlord full of thunder and lightning. Niniane finds herself in line to be queen and with nobody she trusts. After several attempts on her life she goes missing. That just won't do for Tiago. He finds her and decides to protect her. In order to accept help she has to open up herself to more. I loved their connection and the build up of the relationship. Tiago was super sexy. Their lovemaking was ...more
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Dragon Bound was an extremely hard act to follow, but I think Thea Harrison did a good job with her second book in the Elder Races series. I wondered how she could top Dragos, because he is so VERY! I am glad she didn't try to do that. She gave us a distinct hero with Tiago, and I like his differences, although he had the crazy/dangerous/possessive/jealous/fierce vibe of Dragos. Honestly, I would have missed that part...a lot. Tiago held his own as a hero, but not quite as compelling as Dragos. ...more
Alp
Aug 15, 2016 rated it did not like it
DNF @55%

Why?

1. The story moved very slowly.
2. The heroine annoyed me to no end.
3. I normally enjoy OTT heroes, but in this case, this OTT hero just rubbed me the wrong way.

I've had enough of this! I'm sorry, but it seriously wasn't for me.
Sh3llraiser (grumpybookgrrrl)
Tiago is a very hot, ancient, immortal thunderbird. In his human form, he looks like this:

(You're welcome.)

In his shifter form, he looks like this:

Tiago was awesome and so very sexy. The female lead I remembered from the first book. She was called Tricks, I believe. A two hundred plus year old fairy who is now heir to the Dark Fae throne. In this one? MEH. It's not the character exactly, but the part she's written into is very weak. People are trying to kill her, she is unsure of her new role, h
Dija
robot
n.
1. A machine or device that sometimes resembles a human and operates automatically or by remote control.
2. A person who works mechanically without original thought, especially one who responds automatically to the commands of others.

See also: Tiago.

cliché
n.
1. An expression, idea, or element of an artistic work which has been overuse
Jilly
Meh. It was okay. The main characters were bearable, but the side characters were definitely more intriguing. There is a harpy that I want to go to Vegas with.

When said harpy, Aryal, meets a cute vampire dude:

Ninianne: “Duncan is a very nice guy. Would you let him go, please?”

Aryal: “But I’m not done sexually harassing him.”

When she is given some bad-magic stuff that needs to be destroyed:

“She swears she’ll find a way to destroy them. She’s saying ‘my Precious’ a lot and talking about droppi
Shawna
5 stars – Paranormal Romance

Oh my! I loooved gruff, growly, possessive, sexy, fiercely protective, and surprisingly funny alpha thunderbird Tiago Black Eagle soooo much!!!! Thea Harrison is going strong with this amazing series, and she’s two for two for me in terms of 5-star winners, especially when it comes to her powerful, dominating, mega yummy heroes!

Although I didn’t enjoy the overall story as much as Dragon Bound, Tiago and Niniane were fantastic characters and really great together. T
Choko
Jan 09, 2016 rated it liked it
*** 3.44 ***

This second installment of the series "Elder Races" did not have a Dragon, which is a tragedy to begin with... However, it did have a snarky Elven Princess who is about to reclaim the throne of the Dark Fae after her ruler parents were murdered 200 years ago by her evil uncle. She has been hiding in plain sight while working for the big bad Dragon from the first book. Now the evil uncle has met with a misfortunate accident, and by accident read has been torn to pieces by flying lizar
Laura the Highland Hussy
Jun 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
4.5 flames

In Dragon Bound we saw Dragos kill Urien, the Dark Fae king. But as we all know, he murdered the royal family so he could sit on that throne. Tricks (who is really the princess of the Dark Fae) ran to the Wyr for protection, and Tricks became like family to them. during her almost 200 years with the Wyr, she often sees Tiago, whose Wyr form is that of the Thunderbird. What I like is that even though they've known each other and even interacted together before, neither really had much i
Sophia Triad
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Tiago and Tricks

Her eyes opened and she looked. His hard-edged features were raw, but his eyes had cleared, and they were… Steady. Adamant. Bedrock.
“You will never lose me, faerie,” he said point-blank into her upturned face. “I love you too much.”
Then he pushed his pelvis against her one last time in a slow, hard, voluptuous grind, and the explosion of pleasure was so intense it seared her soul as he destroyed her again. God, she adored him. He was such a walking, talking holocaust of a man
Jen Davis
Jul 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Thea Harrison has a gift for writing Alpha heroes. First, she gave us Dragos... And now we have Tiago. (**sigh**) We first met the Thunderbird during the last story and honestly, I was a little disappointed that he would be the next Wyr to get his own book. We didn't really get to know him in Dragon Bound, except as a hulking, intimidating sentinel, who was fighting with Tricks. But sometimes an author knows what we want better than we do. This is one of those times.

As the story begins, Tricks h
edge of bubble
Jan 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
Trough sheer stubbornness, I've managed to finish this book. Trick was a cute and interesting character in the first book. Author took her, changed her named to something that reads like Ninny and turned her into a whining brat with a touch of brain death.I wanted to hit her on the mouth with a blunt object so much!!!

Then there is the hero. He can't decide whether to be rude or formal. He is "burning" with anger or wants to fuck or fighting. That's the whole depth to him.

And of course, the plot
valee
Jun 15, 2011 rated it liked it
HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT
It may be that I probably had colossal expectations for this book and that I had been ardently and vigorously waiting for it since I finished book one when it just came out. Book one IMO was just AMAZING, so I was so sure this one would be just as good, well I'm so sorry it wasn't.Things just never clicked for me. I never completely got to like the romance, the plot or the characters.

The main romance

The heroine, Niniane (Tricks), started out all right, very promising: Next o
Mandi Schreiner
Mar 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr
By the end of Dragon Bound, Dragos had killed the crooked Dark Fae King, Urien, setting up Tricks, whose real name is Niniane to be the new Queen. Niniane’s father (the previous king before Urien) and family were slaughtered by Urien, but she escaped and for the past 200 years has taken refuge with the Wyr demesne. During this time, she became family to them – they accepted her, loved her and trained her.

But now she has a duty she must fulfill. It was decided that to show her strength, and for p
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
No dragons in this book. :( I initially thought this entire series was about dragons, but it's about various creatures. This time it's about Tiago, a thunderbird and Tricks, a Dark Fae.

Tiago is a thunderbird, which means he transforms into a bird the size of an SUV and he makes storms and thunder occur. He brings the boom. Hahaha. Anyway, he's a grouchy asshole and he likes to get his violence on, which I appreciate. He's completely ready to kill anyone not a friend.

Nianane (I hate this convol
Lisa
Oct 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-reads

Storm's Heart is the second book in Thea Harrison's Elder Races series. I'm beginning to think that Ms. Harrison excels in writing about ultra-protective, fierce, sexy and uber-alpha males. Uh huh!

description

"I'm gonna be Queen, you know," she said. "You gotta stop calling me Tricks. It makes me sound like a circus clown. And I don't think I'll be a highness for now, so you should practice calling me your majesty." She hiccupped and waved a hand in the air. "You may begin."

We first get introduced to This
Lisa Kay
★★★★✩ I enjoyed this book, but not as much as the first in this series. There was a lot of political world-building that I believe will come in handy down the road in this series, but I wadded my way through it. I kept waxing and waning on Tiago, too; sometimes he was perfect, and then a poop, and then perfect again. Pretty volatile; but then, I get it; he’s “stormy” – right? I’ll definitely be reading the next by this newly discovered favorite author.
Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣
3.75 Thunderbird stars

Things I liked about this book:

1. Tiago (a Wyr-thunderbird, also known as a god in Ancient Egypt)
He could easily slip into the dominant-manipulative category. I think it's his sharp intellect that keeps him from that or something like... I don't know... locking your lover in a house (hints at Sarah J. Maas's idiotic Tamlin).
He always asks Niniane for explanations when he doesn't understand her actions or when he feels something is troubling her. Figure that! An alpha-male
Alex is The Romance Fox
3,5 stars

Storm's Heart is the 2nd book in Thea Harrison's Elder Races paranormal romance series.

This story revolves around Thistle Tricks Periwinkle, a.k.a., Princess Niniane of the Dark Fae and PR whizzkid for the Wyr , who has been under the protection of Dragos, after her family had been murdered by her uncle. We were introduced to her in the 1st book Dragon Bound and I found her to be such a fun character.
 photo 0310-twilight-ashley-greene-3-de_zps9xehlupc.jpg
Tiago Black Eagle, a Wyr warrior and leader of the Wyr warriors has been assigned t
Zeek
Because of the circumstances at the end of the first book of Thea Harrison’s Elder Races series, the faery known as Tricks is frightened to leave the safety of the shifters under Wyr Lord Dragos’s authority. But leave she must, because The Dark Fae King- her power hungry uncle- is now dead thanks to Dragos and its time for her to become the next heir to the Dark Fae Throne.

Only someone doesn’t want that to happen.

After two attempts on her life in 36 hours, Dragos and his Army commander, Tiago,
Julia's Book Haven
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shifter-romance
Ok, so this one was maybe more of a 4 star read but I really loved Tiago so I bumped it to 5 stars. I loved Niniane (Tricks) and Tiago. Their characters were wonderful and their relationship was so well written that is felt very real. Tiago is so freaking sweet, and you don't expect that all at the start of the book. He is basically a soldier, that's all he has been for a very long time, so it was extra special that he was so tender, sweet and funny with Niniane. I loved Niniane to, she had a gr ...more
Wendy Darling
I didn't really think I'd enjoy this book as much as Dragon Bound, because how could a fairy princess and an eagle possibly be as appealing as a dragon and a--don't read this if you haven't read the first book!--(view spoiler)? Besides, so many great debuts turn out to be one-hit wonders. But that's not the case here. Somehow Thea Harrison has pulled off another smart, sexy paranormal romance novel that's completely original and completely fun.

"Tricks," who made a brief b
Elizabeth (Liz)
5 stars! A fantastic read! I actually enjoyed this one more than the first. Tiago is *very* yummy, and Niniane (Tricks) is adorable, girly, and very gutsy! I love the way Thea Harrison is building this world of hers. It's *so* much more interesting than most other PNR series. Though BDB and the Fever series are still my #1 favorites, this series is beginning to come in a close second. It's very, very well written. It's intelligent, sexy, funny, and adventurous. I cannot wait for Rune's story, wh ...more
Melindeeloo
When former member of Dragos' New York City cadre and lost heir the Dark Fae throne, Tricks, goes missing after an assassination attempt, Thunderbird shifter Tiago's anger and his protective instincts go into overdrive - he's going to find her and neither Tricks' protests, nor Elder Race politics are going to stop Tiago from seeing her safely to the the Fae Land of Ariyal to collect her crown, - and with the dark scary shifter at her back, Tricks' enemies better beware.

I have to admit that when
♡Karlyn P♡
Jun 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Such mixed feelings!! Sigh. I’m still a fan of the series as I LOVE the world building, but I was a wee bit disappointed in the romance part of Storm’s Heart.

3.5 - 4 stars.

Short summary:
Niniane/tricks inherited the Dark Fae throne and now someone is out to stop her from becoming the Queen. When she goes missing, Wyr sentinel Tiago volunteers to find the spry little fae.

My Thoughts:
In truth this was better than I hoped and it started off great, but once the romance took off I found myself slow
Catherine
Fun book. I was looking for something fun and sexy and this fit the bill perfectly. I loved the uniqueness of getting a Thunderbird hero and thought his constant urge to battle something was funny. I liked the heroine, but she cried way too much and kind of grated on me. I think the vampire councilor was the most intriguing character in the book and am looking forward to getting to see more of her. I'm really ready to see what this author can do with a heroine as capable and strong as the hero.
Ren
Apr 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Paranormal romance and urban fantasy fans
The second book of Elder Races series

5 stars

Might be contain spoiler from the 1st book.

Thistle Periwinkle or Tricks, is a well known and lovable Cuelebres Enterprises Public Relationship. We first meet her at Dragon Bound , a lovely faerie with kick ass attitude. After the last event in the same book -when Dragos Cuelebre kill Urien, the Dark Fae King, because Urien harmed his mate, Pia Giovanni and their unborn child - its revealed that Tricks's real identity are Niniane Lorelle. The long lost
Jul 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Ok so I officially LOVE Thea Harrison and The Elder Races has been added to my list of favourite and must read series.

I've been banging on about Dragonbound over at DDLF for a while now (www.DDLF.net), seriously I think people thought I was some crazy nut job (maybe they still do?) but the point is I got people to read it-and they loved it.

So myself and a number of other DDLFers have been counting down the days until Storm's Heart came out. I must admit, I was a bit nervious. I adored the first
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️

Originally read: 9.03.11

5 Stormy Stars!!

I LOVED this book, definitely one of my favorites in the series.....can't wait for the next book!!!

photo 8B266B19-D3EF-4C54-BDAA-FE5F58571F84_zpsedmgbfyx.jpeg

Reread via audio book on 4.13.18: Just as fantastic 2nd time around.
Lady Jaye
(Dislaimer: if it seems ranty, please note that i was hungry and sleep-deprived (and possibly moody) when i set out to write this review :O)

In a nutshell: Tricks has to leave the Wyr to go off and become the Dark Fae Queen. Tiago is sent with her for her protection. Things happen. Tricks (now known by her real name, Niniane) and Tiago fall in love. More stuff happens.Then comes their Happily ever after.

The characters:

Tiago in one word: brutish. and rude. and crabby. and always running r
Camy Tang/Camille...: What are you reading this week? 25 18 Jun 27, 2013 06:50PM
  • About a Dragon (Dragon Kin, #2)
  • Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling, #6)
  • Captured by Moonlight (Moonlight, #3)
  • The Mane Attraction (Pride, #3)
  • Hidden Embers (Dragon's Heat, #2)
  • Chosen by Blood (Para-Ops, #1)
  • Midnight's Master (Midnight, #3)
  • Moonglow (Darkest London, #2)
I write paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and other stuff. I taught myself to read when I was four. That was around the time I tried to ride my tricycle to work. I wasn't sure where work was, but I knew it had to be interesting if people went there every day. Now I combine my love of books with work, and I don't have to ride my tricycle to get there. My Elder Races series began May, 2011. You can ...more

Elder Races (9 books)
  • Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1)
  • Serpent's Kiss (Elder Races, #3)
  • Oracle's Moon (Elder Races, #4)
  • Lord's Fall (Elder Races, #5)
  • Kinked (Elder Races, #6)
  • Night's Honor (Elder Races, #7)
  • Midnight's Kiss (Elder Races, #8)
  • Shadow's End (Elder Races, #9)
“You’re not as sexy as I think you are.” She squinted. Wait. That hadn’t come out right.” 90 likes
“He had come for her. He had promised everything was going to be okay, and he had come for her, and he had looked so crazy-sexy. No, monstrous. No, sexy. Oh damn.” 43 likes