Start by marking “Vampire for Christmas” as Want to Read:

Vampire for Christmas

New York Times and USA Today Best-selling paranormal romance author Felicity Heaton presents

Vampire for Christmas
It was one last mission. Shannon, a demon hunter with the agency, is looking forward to leaving behind the small town and the vampire she’s been stuck with for the past two years. Things are getting complicated fast and she wants out. A fresh start, free of he
Published November 2nd 2010 by Dark Rose Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Vampire for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire for Christmas

Laurie Garrison
Nov 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Very satisfying short holiday novella, I really enjoyed ever minute of it. This is going to be a short review because the book description says enough already, so I wont be going to spoil any detail of the story. I enjoyed reading the story and both Rafe and Shannon as characters. There is more story then sex, but once you get to the sex its hot. You’ll also find a hot shower scene. I would suggest this book to anyone that reads paranormal romance or erotic romance.
Kira Simion
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 ho-ho-holiday stars!

Very cute, short story that had a lot more suspense when it came to the two characters' journey to fight a slime monster (meh+ha lol) and into each other's arms.
°☆.。.:*・Arianna°☆.。.:*・
I thought that this would be an interesting book because of the cover and because it would be a paranormal romance, but I found this book to be quite boring. When I started off reading this book I found no parts particularly interesting, and as I continued to read this book I lost more and more interest in this book. After a few chapters I gave up on reading further into this book.
Kathie (katmom)
Dec 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Yes, I know, Christmas is about 11.5 months away! But I like to read Christmas stories all year long, and this short story (87 pages) is a good one.

While we didn't get all the details about just who these people work for, I thought there was "enough" for us to get a clear picture of who the players are. I actually hope that we see more of the "agency" and more of these two.

The slime monster was interesting. Reminded me of Ghostbusters, and I did laugh, just a bit.

The UST between these two was o
Ollie
Apr 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a quick read but it was satisfying as it left me with a smile on my face. Rafe and Shannon have worked with each other as partners and during that time Rafe's feelings for Shannon has increased and he wishes that Shannon will sees him as more then he is; her partner and a vampire. Shannon tries to keep an emotional distance from Rafe because of her inability to let the past from haunting her. The developing passion that slowly erodes the walls around Shannon's heart was beautiful becaus ...more
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I wish I had not waited so long to read Vampire for Christmas by Felicity Heaton. It was a great mix of action, humor, and romance to fill that paranormal void. Rafe and Shannon made me think of other couples where the heroine is a vampire hunter and the guy is a vampire. Like Buffy/Spike and Cat/Bones. Their love wasn’t meant to be and yet their two years working together, hunting demons side by side gave them both something the other was missing. It was great to see this couple get a HEA. Even ...more
Sophia
Aug 19, 2015 rated it liked it
It's been a few years since I picked up a book by Felicity Heaton. I enjoy her paranormal romances so was pleased to pick up this holiday version. Vampire for Christmas is a standalone novella and perfect when I wanted something engaging yet fast.

Shannon and Rafe are a demon hunting team. She's human and he's vampire. Shannon hates Rafe's kind and hasn't made it easy on him for their whole time working for the agency. He's proved himself again and again, but she can't seem to get past her discri
Malinda
3.5-4 stars

This was a pretty good story. I liked both Rafe and Shannon and liked their story. This is the first story I've read by this author and based off this I may try more of her work in the future.

Shannon is a 32 year old human. Her family was killed by a killer vamp when she was a teen and Shannon barely survived the attack. Since then, she’s been working for an agency that uses both humans and reformed paranormals to fight bad paranormals.

Rafe is a vampire that’s about 120 years old. H
Anna-marie Buchner
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Vampire for Christmas

What happens when you partner a Demon Hunter with a Vampire? Not telling you. You’ll just have to read this enjoyable Novella released for the holidays. But I will give you a smidgen of the story.

Shannon was employed by the Agency as a Demon Hunter after an attack on her and her family by a Vampire which left her entire family dead.

Rafe is also employed by the Agency and was brought on to see if he could be reformed. You see Rafe is a Vampire and did what Vampire’s do, hun
Shannon is a demon hunter and has been working reluctantly with vampire Rafe as her partner for the last 2 years. She just has one last mission to get through before she can move on to her new assignment on the other side of the country and will never have to see him again. It hasn't been easy for Rafe to work alongside Shannon, especially since he started falling for her, so he is determined to use this last mission to convince her they belong together. Will he be able to manage it or will he h ...more
 * Kazzy * -aka Stryker-
Aug 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-kindle-books
Having read Winters Kiss, I decided to find another Felicity Heaton book to see if she is a consistently good writer, and came across 'Vampire for Christmas' as a free download so thought I would give it a try as the previous book by her was so good. I thought this was a good storyline, with a clear build up of the situation and exploration of the characters history. It gave enough for the reader to understand the plot and reactions of the characters and had enough action and romance to keep me ...more
Kelly
Dec 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2010
I really enjoyed this novella. It moved quickly, but since the characters had known each other for a couple of years and were finally choosing to act on their feelings it made sense. I like the world that Felicity Heaton has created. It makes sense to me. Maybe it's from all those years of watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer but I can totally get behind a shadowy agency dedicated to keeping the clueless mortals safe from the nasty demons that are running around.

Shannon and Rafe were both well writ
Netanella
May 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
First paragraph: His favourite prey.
Rafe stood on the lawn, his dark eyes following her from room to room in her large house. Shannon disappeared from view on the top floor only to reappear in the living room. He couldn’t see much through the open curtains but his senses made up for what he lacked in vision. He tracked her with them, focusing until the dark world around him drifted into the distance and there was only her.

I've always enjoyed Heaton's style of writing, the way she allows you to h
Julie

Cute little love story.
Vampire and human both loving each other for years, neither wanting to make the first move.
Rafe was a vampire with morals. And Shannon was a weary and angry human. Over time she came to love her partner.
I liked it.
Loved the goo monster. Some funny one liners.
A free read with I really enjoyed. (But not enough for 4 stars)
Will go look for more of the authors work.
Ronda  Tutt
Nov 11, 2010 rated it liked it
Enjoyable Read,

3 1/2 STARS

A very sweet story of desire and love between Rafe and Shannon. Shannon a demon hunter and Rafe a vampire working together and secretely being attracted to one another. Shannon keeps a front up to keep from crossing the line with Rafe because of her past but finally Rafe reaches out to her and the story heats up and Shannon gets what she wishes for after wishing upon the christmas star.
Juuli
May 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
Didn't work for me. The story seemed like rough notes for a longer novel.
It wasn't bad and the beginning was promising but then it got really weird. On moment she wanted to kill her partner the next she dreamed about him. She had all those feelings boiling inside and the suddenly all these conflicting feelings were gone.
Clarke
The best thing about this book is the cover. As a rule I'm not a lover of short stories but the book was free so I gave it a chance. To sum everything up in one word...lame. It gets better the closer you get to the end. If you enjoy reading about a love sick vampire this book is for you.
Beckey
Egads I can't believe I am mentioning this but ... There is sections that sort of reminded me of Slimmer from Ghostbusters... Other than that it was a fast paced quick holiday read that I found enjoy and steamy :)

4 stars for this holiday romance from Heaton
Darcysmom
Jan 02, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a fast paced, action packed, steamy novella. I enjoyed it tremendously - I wish it had been longer.
Sara Santana
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
Yeah. Yeah, I read this. No. Just...no. It had potential, I think? It was just insanely short and not much plot or anything. But it is a book to add to the list.
Jennifer Holzapfel
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shannon is a demon hunter partnered with a vampire. A vampire had killed her entire family and nearly killed her, but fled when the police came. The Agency paired her with Rafe, a vampire that has been reformed and does not kill to feed. Rafe has been with The Agency for 90 years.
Chasing and killing a demon right before Christmas is their last official assignment, Shannon has put in for a transfer to someplace she can work alone. Rafe sits outside her house on nights when they are not hunting, j
Karen
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked this book a lot more by the end of it because it did not really start off very strongly. The characters started off doing a lot of internal monologues even though they were together and you really did not get a sense of who they were. The story moves fairly well though there is not a lot of action involved. I was really happy with the fact that Christmas was a fairly important part of the story and not just in the title.

Shannon is a demon hunter who wants to be transferred away from her
Nicki Markus
I picked up this little novella as a free eBook from Kobo. Overall it was an enjoyable story, with a nice blend of action and romance, that I was able to finish in one sitting. For me it is a 3.5-star read because, while I liked the idea, I found the characters a little undeveloped. The excessively long blurb seems to be trying to make up for the lack of growth for the characters within the pages. Granted, this is only a novella, but I think it would have worked better as a longer tale. I would ...more
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
Initially, I had difficulty getting in to the story. At one point, I thought of giving up on it, but I placed it aside for a while and read other books in the process. Eventually I picked it back up, and realised it was not all bad.

When I took up this book, I thought I would be reading about vampires, oh boy was I wrong. The story explored the concept of reincarnation, immortality, curses and time travel.

What I liked

Fascinating Premise

I found the story unique It is my first time reading a romanc
TheVampireBookworm
Jan 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: vampire-books
I tried to get as much as possible from my Kobobooks experience and found out that there are free books in there as well! I typed in the word "vampire" and suddenly was flooded by a plethora of free e-books. That's very cool if you ask me. So now my e-book reader is full of who-knows-what. And I'm going to read it all and tell you about it. Since it's Christmas, I grabbed this story (and just like yesterday, I read it one year in advance).
There are two demon/vampire slayers who hang around in t
Meiwilli
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Great cover...boring story.

A short novella about a vampire, Rafe, and vampire hunter, Shannon, who are partners hunting a slime demon on their last assignment together before they are split up and go their separate ways: the problem is, both realize they have feelings for each other and want to explore those feelings but no one willing to make the first move.

The cover and the synopsis are much better than the story. Proceed if you must, but I'd recommend skipping this one.

On my Were Scale of Ho
Norma Luz
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not long enough!

I enjoyed reading this book just as I have reading other titles by Ms. Heston. I'm sorry it ended so quickly, was hoping for more information as to how the characters met, why they were paired off by the agency. Hopefully, there will be a spin off, one could call it.
Kathrine
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I rated this book a 5/5

I enjoyed this book vampire for Christmas, it is a story I could not put down, the characters were wonder, Shannon was trouble in the beginning, and needed to head the jobs they were involved in, but later on she new Ralf was there to keep her safe and a love story begins. Great book I shell be reading it again in the future.
Kim
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hot story & adorable

Love the characters. Rafe being a complete gentleman melts your heart. I would have liked more insight about their dinamic as partners because it was super interesting. Loved her wish.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• My Lady Vampire - Book One (My Lady Vampire, #1)
  • A Vampire's Christmas Carol
  • Taming the Vampire (Blood and Absinthe, #1)
  • Hunter's Choice (The Hunters)
  • A Spy for Christmas
  • A Cajun Werewolf Christmas (Stormy Weather, #6)
  • The Summons (Shadowlands, #0.5)
  • Seithe (Pravus, #1)
  • Bloodstorm (Heart of a Vampire, #1)
  • WereSlave (Were Legends, #1)
  • Out of the Box (On the Edge)
  • A Night at Tears of Crimson (Tears of Crimson, #1)
  • Going Berserk (Berserker Mate's, #1.5)
  • Tranquility (Otherkin, #2)
  • The Ghost Hunter (The Hunter, #1)
  • Honeymoon Bite (Golden Vampires of Tuscany, #1)
  • A Vampire's Salvation (Beyond Human Novellas, #1)
  • The Sweetest Torture (Sexy Shifter Shorts #1)
Felicity Heaton is a New York Times, USA Today and international best-selling author writing passionate paranormal romance books. In her books she creates detailed worlds, twisting plots, mind-blowing action, intense emotion and heart-stopping romances with leading men that vary from dark deadly vampires to sexy shape-shifters and wicked werewolves, to sinful angels and hot demons!

If you're a fan
“The demon began to bubble and melt into a big pile of ooze. Rafe looked confused, but he was staring at her, not the demon. “I saw you stick your fingers in its eye,” she said and ran her hands down her chest and legs, squeezing some of the slime out of her clothes. “That was disgusting.” He smiled and shrugged. “It was the only weapon at my disposal, and it weakened it enough for you to kill it.” Shannon frowned. “What do you mean by that? That I couldn’t kill it without your help?” He shrugged easily again. “I could have killed it... although, your distracting it by letting it play with you like a ragdoll was appreciated.” She smiled and then it fell away when she caught a flashback of how violently the demon had tossed Rafe around. “You okay?” He” 0 likes