Start by marking “A Brush of Love” as Want to Read:
A Brush of Love

A Brush of Love

A young woman recounts a moment of true love in her life and a twist that changes her heart forever. Have you experienced true love?

One of the eleven stories included in the mysterious collection "From Vegas with Blood"
Published March 6th 2010 by Pendan Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Brush of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Brush of Love

Start your review of A Brush of Love
Ale Rivero
Jul 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Anne es una joven común y corriente que en el medio de un viaje se da cuenta que hay muchas cosas más allá de su vida, y esto lo descubre gracias a Alex, un pintor de Florida por el que se siente atraída de inmediato. Sin embargo, la vida nos depara tanto alegrías como tristezas y Anne tendrá que aprenderlo de la manera dura. Recomendable.
Jacquelyn Smith
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sex-lust, own, library
This was a short story ,but I really didn't think it was a love story, having sex the first time you meet .

And, yes the ending was sad.....
Mandy
Jan 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: too-short
Way too short but not bad
Nikita (Njkinny's Blog)
Dec 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
"Love Lasts Forever..." says the book cover and introduces us to Anne Daniels who has everything. A job, a loving family, friends but still something is missing and Anne feels the need to meet a man and experience the roller coaster called love. Her wish comes true when while on a trip to Tampa, Florida, she meets a carefree artist Alex who shows her one evening of bliss on a beautiful beach in Florida, hidden from the public eye. One evening changes Anne and leaves her with myriad of emotions.

I
Writer
Jun 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Highly recommend

AN EYE OPENING SWEET STORY1... June 25, 2013

By mila devlin
Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase

Wow! what an incredible sweet short story, it gives a glimpse of what life can be if only we don't hesitate and take a chance of what life has to offer. If only we can keep an open mind and see the wonderful possibilities in a moments notice. How sweet life can be if we just put away fear of the unknown and take the plunge...take a chance, true happiness might just be around the corner, waitin
Mila Ballentine
May 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
**No Easel Required**

A Brush of Love led me on a refreshing ride to a Floridian shore. Seduced by the eloquence of the author’s writing, I found it hard to leave the world he created. I felt the sand sinking beneath my feet, took in the beauty of the sun as it slipped into the horizon, and felt their pain as they went separate ways. Like Anne, Alex left me wanting more but no one is promised tomorrow.

A Brush of Love was written with the insight of an artist and the soul of someone who is a kee
Sienna Logan (Lost to Books)
This was OK. It was quick and simple but there was too much telling and not enough showing. The author used the phrases "I saw" or "I felt" constantly rather than describe the scene/feeling so I felt very distant from the writing and story as there was no depth. I'm not sure where the romance or love came into this book as everything was over before it had begun and I couldn't feel anything at the end as there had been no time to develop a relationship with the characters.

It's an OK read if you
Kaleigh
Jul 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
I thought that this was a nice story. A very short romance. I didn't not like the ending, but that was going because of the sadness that it brought, however I still understand the meaning of it. Life can change in a moment and sometimes making a rash decision can be the best decision you ever make.

Very good story!
Angel **Book Junkie**
Nothing about this was a love story to me.
Cute Story with a serious lack of editing and nothing in it spoke love to me. The only reason I gave it 2 stars is because the ending gave me a little gasp and was pretty shocking but, other than that it was not that great.
Lizzie
I wasn't feeling this story until the unexpected ending. I give it props for surprising me. It was a bit too overdescriptive. Too many unneccesary (sp?) words. Didn't enjoy all the... it was just too much
Kayleigh Slater
Aug 14, 2012 rated it liked it
A good short read about sweet love.
T.H.
Sad , but good
Heather Jasinski
Jun 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Quick read

I gave it three stars because it had a cute story that drew me in. It was a short quick read.
Danyelle
May 30, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: short-story, romance
stated of good but end not so good
Lydia
Jan 04, 2012 rated it did not like it
not very good
Katie
Feb 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked this story. would like to read more by this author
Jill
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
Sex on the beach does not mean romancr or even love. There was no true communication, just a one night stand and an ending that was just depressing and rather unoriginal.
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Have you had a love of anything that made you feel you need to live life? Well take a read you may find that love and remember to never let it go.
Tammy
Apr 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nice short story, would be interesting to build something bigger but I enjoy Jonathan's work and will continue to look for more stuff from him.
Sandrapryor72gmail.com
Feb 02, 2015
Andrea lara
Feb 01, 2015
Rachel Cron
rated it it was ok
Apr 07, 2014
Malista
rated it did not like it
Mar 25, 2016
Sep 30, 2013
Kym
Sep 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Jonathan Sturak grew up in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania. He is a Penn State University graduate and holds degrees in Computer Science and Film. He currently lives in Las Vegas where he uses the energy of the city to craft stories about life and the human condition. "The Place Called Home," Sturak's essay about Eastern European heritage in Northeast Pennsylvania, was featured on Glass Cases ...more