Start by marking “Highland Warrior (Murray Family, #9 & MacEnroy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Highland Warrior (Murray Family, #9 & MacEnroy, #3)

Highland Warrior

(Murray Family #9)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  2,481 Ratings  ·  82 Reviews
Fleeing an obsessed suitor, Fiona MacEnroy rides recklessly into Scotland's wildest hills and is captured by a horde of well-armed men, Instead of battling for her life, she finds herself swept away by a powerful stranger and carried off to a remote, forbidding keep.
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published April 1st 2006 by Zebra Books (first published May 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Highland Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highland Warrior

Amanda Forrester
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars easy!
Oh man! I've been in a highlanders funk ever since I dipped my toes in the historical genre and was introduced to Julie Garwood. Nothing was quite holding my attention. Slump over! New hunky set of highlander alphas found! While not as funny as Garwood I loved this new family (and extended family!). Nothing like a good ol' multi clan web to get you all tangled up and dying for more. I've already gone all the way back to book one to start at the beginning. There were so many second
Becky
Mar 09, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Made it to the 70% mark. I loved the heroine, but the hero was pretty mediocre. Finding out he had a surprise kid from his ex-lover made me throw in the towel on this book.
Angelina Georgieva
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Обожавам я!Толкова много ми хареса, че сигурно ще я препрочитам още много пъти! <3 <3 <3
Inka
Наистина, ама наистина обичам тази книга. Всеки път като я прочета си спомням защо толкова много я обичам. Прелестна книга, която оставя читателя изпълнен с толкова емоции. Обожавам я.

Фиона Макенрой, сестра на Конър Макенрой Highland Bride и Дърмот Макенрой от Highland Groom иска едно единствено нещо. Да избяга от затвора, в който се е превърнал дома й, след като побъркан ухажор започва да я преследва и напада, белязвайки с ножа си тялото й, заплашвайки да я изнасили и принуждавайки братята й, д
Bee
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A favorite comfort read!

When I don't know what I want to read, this is one of the books I pick up most often. Fiona is a brilliant combination of a confident, feisty and compassionate woman. Ewan has no chance of not falling in love with his captive and what a fun read it is watching the love develop. Thank you Ms. Howell for your Highlanders!!
Cruth
Sep 11, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
"I dinnae need sweet words. I dinnae need flatteries, poetry, song, or gifts. I just need ye to tell me every now and again that ye love me." p.348, loc.4252

Author: Hannah Howell
First published: 2004
Length: 384 pages, 4459 locations
Setting: Scotland, 1472.
Sex: frequent, reasonably erotic. Light bondage (she ties him up).
Heroine: Has been chased, and caught, by a MadMon who could not take a nay to marriage. Each capture resulted in a planned scar (including on her face) and threat of rape.
Hero: H
Carolyn
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Re-reading. I have never forgotten this one and it has been years.

Yep. I am remembering why I always loved Hannah Howell's Murray books. Even after 10 years, I still like them.
Zel Polev

Caitlin
3.5 ⭐
Janelle
Jul 13, 2018 rated it liked it
This one was too long for the plot
Stacy Sabala
Nov 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Book Review- Highland Master by Hannah Howell

Triona McKee is a window and Laird to Banuilt. She is trying hard to take care of her people after the fever took many and the men went to France to earn some coin. Most of the people left behind are women and children. The only men left behind are either too old or too young to be properly trained.
Her neighbor Sir John is not happy that she holds her late husband’s land. He wants it and her. So he is trying to force her to give up her land by marryi
Elle
Jan 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
If I had a beef about this series it would be that too much of it is kind of formula. Heroine is a tiny but spunky woman with a problem. Hero is a giant with a history that leads him to think All Women Are Evil, so that he'll resist caring and do stupid stuff until he Almost Loses Her and Sees the Light. Too Good To Be True heroine keeps getting her feelings hurt, but once she learns the reason he's such a jerk, she sympathizes and puts up with his crap because she's determined to win his heart. ...more
Chandra
Jan 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
SYNOPSIS
Battle between the MacKenna clan and the MacKay clan. Sunclair clan is allie to the Mackay clan.
A marriage agreement to bring MacKenna and MacKay clans together and end the battle.
Seana is a trouble maker and will play to any side for her advantage
Angus always up to his dirty tricks
Ross is stabbed; Gillian is exiled
Gillian goes after Angus to kill him and is captured
Angus and his warrior kin go to Edinberg to become mercenaries for the King.
Sinclair Keep is abandoned and reclaimed as Wic
Kaylyn
Apr 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved
Fiona is a feisty young woman raised by her brothers. She isn’t very ladylike but trained in weapons. She is quite a healer. All in all she is a tomboy. I loved that she didn’t cower when surround by Ewan and his brothers instead she choose to show them what she wasn’t a helpless female. While being a hostage she continued to be herself and stuck to her guns.

Ewan is a quiet man who is the laird of a clan who seems to have enemies at every turn. He has many brothers who depend on him for everyth
Sara Mitchell
Mar 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fiona MacEnroy is tired of being cooped up behind the walls of her keep and hiding from a madman determined to scar and ruin her. She accidentally wanders too far from home and is found by Ewan MacFingal and his clan. Taken back to the MacFingal keep to be ransomed, Fiona refuses to reveal her clan. Ewan knows there are many enemies surrounding him and is slightly suspicious of Fiona and hardens his heart against her. But having succumbed to temptation and taking Fiona's virtue, the two are wed. ...more
June
I really like this story. I really liked Fiona MacEnroy's sense of humor and her cheerful disposition, especially considering her circumstances. Fiona was a strong woman who knew what she wanted when it came to love. Both Fiona and Ewan were physically scared. Fiona’s scars came from the hand of a fanatical and obsessive madman stalking her. For her protection her family keep her within the 4 walls of their keep. After riding off on her unruly horse, she soon becomes lost and falls into the hand ...more
Staci
Feb 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Ewan MacFingal is somewhat similar to Connor MacEnroy from Highland Bride. However, I found his story less annoying to read. Although Fiona wants Ewan to make her "yell", less attention is paid to that in this story so you don't feel as embarrassed for the heroine. Fiona is a good, strong female who actually can handle herself with a sword; the only downside is that she is so small that she would be very unlikely to win against a well-trained man. However, Howell does avoid making a lot of claim ...more
Kathrynn
Jan 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This story is about Fiona MacEnroy. She is the little sister to Connor MacEnroy ("Highland Bride" with Gillyanne Murray). In "Highland Bride," she is a young girl (tomboy).

She is all grown-up here, but since she was the youngest of a bunch of boys that had to raise themselves in Scotland, she learned how to defend herself--with knives. LOL She refuses to tell Ewan her last name, so he nicknames her Fiona with 11 knives because that's how many knives he found on her.

This book was funny! She enc
K
Mar 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of historical romance
Recommended to K by: fan of series
Shelves: favorites
Highland Warrior tells the story of Fiona MacEnroy, the tomboy sister we met in previous books. And yep, I read the book in about 1-2 days, and yes, it was that good. Although I've thoroughly enjoyed most, if not all, of the books in this series, I really enjoyed this book. Not only did I love the characters Fiona and Ewan, but I loved revisiting some of the characters from the previous books. I also liked the humor and action, and would be remiss if I didn't admit to loving the romance of the s ...more
Nancy Lee Badger
Jun 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I cannot believe I just found this wonderful book on my shelf. It was the first book I ever read by author, Hannah Howell. She spoke at an all-day conference in Concord, New Hampshire in May 2007 (she dated her signature inside!) I came away with not only this book, but the yearning to 'write just like her'. 10 published books later, I still look back with gratitude. This historically accurate romance has hard-boiled men tamed by women raised in the Highlands, and I loved it! It will be on my sh ...more
Krissy
Okay, Hannah Howell is an author that you can only take in small doses. Though her books are good they are all EXACTLY THE SAME. In fact I think I could even write a book for her now that I have read enough. Same book just different characters. In this book both the hero and heroine have scars on their face. But the hero is way more self conscious of it than the heroine is of hers. But anyhoo, the book was ok. As was the highland book before it and the one before that one. And the one before tha ...more
Bridget
Jul 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
In the ninth novel about the Murray clan and their circle, Fiona, sister to Connor who married Gillyanne Murray, loses her way in the Highlands and falls into the hands of the MacFingals. Ewan MacFingal attempts to find out her clan, which she with holds. She does find herself drawn to him and so romance blooms again. (If the Highlands were anything like these novels portray, it was indeed a lusty, happy existence) Eventually they marry and love reveals itself. Pleasant but not too memorable, wh ...more
Samantha
Mar 24, 2015 rated it liked it
This book is exactly what you would expect from a Highlander bodice ripper. The writing is okay--the author over-explains EVERYTHING. Even though the formula of each of these books is the same, I can't stop reading them for the guilty pleasure that they are. Fiona is one of my favorites of the series. Just know going in that it's very formulaic, easily predictable, but a nice way to enjoy some time in the Highlands.
Jill
Mar 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this one--Ewan was so sweet but scared wondering how someone like Fiona could ever love him. I also thought the relationship between Fiona and his father Simon was hilarious and added depth to an overall plot line Howell has done many times. I was also delighted to see the return of Sigimor and was hoping that there would be a book to tell his love story. When I checked, I was happy to see that it is the next one--can't wait to read it!
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Fiona left home to evade a dangerous man who knew where she was, when Ewan found her and decided to kidnap and ransom her for money to help his clan. Her knowledge of how to fight and use a sword entrigues him while his feelings for her worry him. She finds her place in his clan, and love in his arms. Good read!!
Wendy Tavenner
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful read of Fiona who is Conners young sister and Gillys sister by marriage and Ewan. Ewan captures Fiona and finds she is carrying knife after knife on her body. There is a story behind those knives and you'll love the name they give her. A great read, especially when all the different family branches verge on Ewan and his family of misfits!!
Michelle
Jun 10, 2008 rated it liked it
A mysterious woman alone wielding knives is a most interesting start to the book. I found this to be a most enjoyable read. It made me laugh many times and I really couldn't put it down. For the most part, I liked most of the characters. Although there were times when Ewan drove me crazy with his strange ideas. All in all, a fun read that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.
Carolyn F.
Jun 14, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought I figured out how this book would end with a certain villain catching Fiona and Ewan rescuing her and they fall into each others' arms declaring their undying love. Wrong! The certain villain died halfway through the book and although it was a Happy Ever After, it was enough of a surprise that it kept me interested. Not my favorite heroine, but likeable. Good book! 3-1/2 stars.
Dawn ♥ romance
Aug 07, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
A good historical romance with its fair share of fighting between clans. I liked how the characters incorporated heroine into their lives but hero spent a bit too much time fighting his attraction. Alone on a wild ride Fiona falls from her horse and is captured by Laird Ewan as a hostage.
  • Highland Hearts
  • Highlander Unchained (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #3)
  • Highland Lover (Scottish Knights Trilogy, #3)
  • Highland Dragon
  • The Highlander's Bride (The McTiernays, #1)
  • To Catch a Highlander (MacLean Curse, #3)
  • A Highlander Never Surrenders (MacGregors, #2)
  • Claimed by the Highlander (Highlander, #2)
  • Taming the Highland Bride (Devil of the Highlands, #2)
  • One Man's Love (The Highland Lords, #1)
  • The Angel and the Highlander (Sinclare Brothers, #3)
  • Claiming the Highlander (Brotherhood of the Sword #2/MacAllister, #1)
  • Highland Warrior
Hannah Dustin Howell is a best-selling American author of over 40 historical romance novels. Many of her novels are set in medieval Scotland. She also writes under the names Sarah Dustin, Sandra Dustin, and Anna Jennet (see below).

She has also used the following pseudonyms:
Anna Jennet, Sarah Dustin and Sandra Dustin

Murray Family (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Highland Destiny (Murray Family, #1)
  • Highland Honor (Murray Family, #2)
  • Highland Promise (Murray Family, #3)
  • Highland Vow (Murray Family, #4)
  • Highland Knight  (Murray Family, #5)
  • Highland Bride (Murray Family, #6 & MacEnroys, #1)
  • Highland Angel (Murray Family, #7)
  • Highland Groom (Murray Family, #8 & MacEnroy, #2)
  • Highland Conqueror (Murray Family, #10)
  • Highland Champion (Murray Family, #11 & Camerons, #2)